0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2005 onwards owners help me out please

dear pw vitz owners
    i bought vitz 2006 i have changed all necessary things.like
    engine oil,trasmission oil cvt,oil filter,air filter,denso japanese plugs,remvoed catayic converter & also one stp injector cleaner.

now my problem is.
    1=there is so much noise within cabin it comes from engine is it normal?
    if it is not then how can i eliminate this noise.

2=after removing catalyic converter how to make it smooth, noise less like zero meter car.

3=there is knocking in engine even 40,60 percentage of high octane
    how can this knocking get finish i am very irritating of this.

4=fuel average even after changing denso plugs is 10 km/lieter without ac
    how can i improve this fuel econmy...

please please help me out i insisted my father so much to buy vitz but now i cannot ask him that i want to change the car and cannot describe him these problems as he had spent i million ruppes hard earned money.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Is the noise related to engine RPM or with speed? do you hear the sound with car stand still?

2. Any good reason for removing Factory Fitted Catalytic Converter?

3. I also hear knowking in my platz 2004, even with HOBC mix with regular. How much car has done on Odometer? PSO pertrol is not recommended. Try using Caltex or Shell or some other.

4. How is your driving habit? Fuel avg. can drop with hard acceleration. with very soft on pedal it should give 15km/l in a city like Islamabad.

5. is there any check engine light lit on the instrumental panel?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrh20001 View Post
    dear pw vitz owners
    engine oil,trasmission oil cvt,oil filter,air filter,denso japanese plugs,remvoed catayic converter & also one stp injector cleaner.

now my problem is.

You will have to live with this noise as it is characteristic of 3-cylinder models (2005+). One way to reduce this noise is by turning the music player ON :p

2=after removing catalyic converter how to make it smooth, noise less like zero meter car.

After removing CAT, your car will become much louder and can be easily smelt from 200 meters due to exhaust smell. Don't remove it, but if you must, then check PW Naweed's method of removing CAT.

My 2009 vitz doesn't knock even with 100% regular fuel from PSO. Change your petrol pump and see the result. In idle condition, vitz knocks a little while AC is ON, otherwise no knocking at all at speeds greater than 10kmph. These japanese cars are very sensitive w.r.t fuel quality, which is often poor at our petrol pumps.

Get your engine's throttle body cleaned. Improve your driving habits (google it). And most importantly, keep 30psi pressure in both front and rear sets of tyres. Maintaining this pressure alone will give you a boost of about 2 kmpl, tried and tested! Always use genuine toyota air filter. Check the condition of current one and replace if required. Clean cabin AC filter to minimize cooling/heating requirement. When I purchased my car, it was giving me 8 kmpl, but masha Allah now it is giving me 14 kmpl in town.

please please help me out i insisted my father so much to buy vitz but now i cannot ask him that i want to change the car and cannot describe him these problems as he had spent i million ruppes hard earned money.
    You r 31 and your father bought you a car? Good going man!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

KNOCKING
    I have tried different pumps in Lahore Cantt but in vain. Even after mixing 50% or more of HOBC is not doing perfect.

Even I have cleaned throttle body..... but no result.

I am really sick of it.......... what else to do?
    Do good, have good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrh20001 View Post
    dear pw vitz owners

now my problem is.

the noise is because of the removal of catalytic converter. the right way of removing it is to remove the whole body of catalytic converter from the exhaust pipe and then break the converter inside of the cylinderically shaped body and take the converter out piece by piece and then reinstall the cylinder back. it is bolted properly and firmly or the exhaust sound and gases will leak and that is the case with you. it is not installed back properly. check the installation.
    second what you are saying are the symptoms of wrong timing. the knocking can either because of premature combustion of feul and/or engine heat up. both are usually symptoms of wrong timing. if your car has timing chain then this should not be a problem as timing chains are very long lasting and last as long as the engine lasts. but if your car has timing belt then this could be the problem especially if you or the previous owner has installed it. the timing of your car is out as it also results in more feul consumption and less milleage.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List