Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Vitz 08 Retractable Side Mirrors Stolen

Salam Pakwheelers !

Its been 8 days since I've bought my Vitz 2008 fully loaded and today at around 3 : 30 - 5: 00 pm when I returned from my tuition class I was shocked to see that someone had stolen the right side mirror of my car

At first I thought this was someone else's car caus but when looked at the cars interior I realized that this was my car. I still cannot believe this happened caus I had parked my car on the main road, bilkul right par traffic signal tha. I mean had ho gaye, and i used to think sirf andheri galiyon se side mirrors chori hotay hain :/

So could anyone suggest me as to where I could get used/new white retractable right side mirror for the facelift ? Also if i dont want to install the retractable ones and go for the simple ones of any other make to cut down on cost which ones should i go for ?

- All suggestions welcomed !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

feel sorry for u bro... this happens in Pakistan yaawr... once someone stole both of the mirrors of my dads oriel reborn...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The post-facelift side-view mirrrors (the one with the imbeded indicators) will cost you around 13,000 for a pair.

Got a friend a pair of retractable side-view mirrors from Tariq Road for 6500rs and paid an additional 500rs for labour, try to park your car at a safer place next time.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVulture View Post
    Salam Pakwheelers !

Its been 8 days since I've bought my Vitz 2008 fully loaded and today at around 3 : 30 - 5: 00 pm when I returned from my tuition class I was shocked to see that someone had stolen the right side mirror of my car

At first I thought this was someone else's car caus but when looked at the cars interior I realized that this was my car. I still cannot believe this happened caus I had parked my car on the main road, bilkul right par traffic signal tha. I mean had ho gaye, and i used to think sirf andheri galiyon se side mirrors chori hotay hain :/

So could anyone suggest me as to where I could get used/new white retractable right side mirror for the facelift ? Also if i dont want to install the retractable ones and go for the simple ones of any other make to cut down on cost which ones should i go for ?

- All suggestions welcomed !

Bro i am sorry hear about it, i have vitz 2004 and i have faced the same theft issue for three times also my car is a victim of rear wiper and navigation theft......

regarding the side mirror u can get one used for 2500 from magzine line in saddar... i got mine from their all the three time but i paid rs 1800 since i have 04 model... so next time be careful, side mirrors, rear wiper and navigation is always vigilant in this car....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai yahan to poori poori gariyan chori ho jati hain itni dair main, ap side mirrors ki baat ker rahay hain ... the way u r describing it that u left the car in an unattended parking on the road, the car itself was in jeopardy let alone the mirrors...thank Allah Paak that your car was there .. and next time try to find a paid parking place for your car, doesn't matter if you have to walk a little to go to your study place.

P.S. sorry i have no idea about the mirror cost coz I haven't owned a Vitz ever!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RollOnBigMaMa : Sorry to hear that dude. Btw - ab lagney laga hai k Pak Suzuki waley pakistan ke hisaab se bilkul sahi gariyaan banate hain :p Koi tension he nhe, road ke beech bhi mehran chor do toh loag ghar aa kar batayenge :p

@murtaza_murti : I live in Tariq Road, did you get them from the Allah wali chowrangi ? Also, yes its the same one, the ones with the embedded indicators and i need them in white color. But agar main maxi line se loon toh sastey nhe parhainge kia ? And haan yaar, ab toh kissi dukaan ke samne he park karunga:/

@kzaki : Are you talking about the ones with the indicators of the facelift model and that too retractable ones ?

@Massive_One : Pata tha koi na koi aisa zaroor bolega :p But yaar jo bhi ho, dukh toh hota hai na ! :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same happened with my home car belta 1000cc fully loaded with retractable mirror....i got the toyota corolla 09+ retractable mirror with side indicator cost around 7k pair...it fit perfectly fine...next time get gud alarm system
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can do one thing. I recently purchased my Vitz 2007 and also faced many problems with stolen side mirros and back wipers with my 2004 Vitz. On saturday last my friend and I went to the lane in Plaza where u get second hand mirrors and selected a silver used pair (retractable without the lights) which he got painted and fixed in my car for Rs.3,000/- with labour. He also painted them black so that the thieves dont think its original and break it and you can also tell its not original but it serves my purpose when driving

Meanwhile, I have removed the original side mirrors and wiper and kept them at home as I park in places where there are chances of them getting stolen

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    feel sorry for u bro... this happens in Pakistan yaawr... once someone stole both of the mirrors of my dads oriel reborn...
    how much they cost u then?
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys Im a little confused atm. All of you are talking about and quoting prices of a 'pair', cant i just get the right side one ? If so, how much would it cost ? And for that should i have to goto maxi line or would Tariq Road, allah wali chowrangi do ?

Thanks !

Secondly, about the cars security i havent installed any security system as of now :/
    Still confused between trakker / insurance / or the good rs. 6,000 security systems which come with a remote thingy and tell if someones touching your car or you know... ? Any suggestions on this would also be appreciated

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys Im a little confused atm. All of you are talking about and quoting prices of a 'pair', cant i just get the right side one ? If so, how much would it cost ? And for that should i have to goto maxi line or would Tariq Road, allah wali chowrangi do ?

Thanks !

Secondly, about the cars security i havent installed any security system as of now :/
    Still confused between trakker / insurance / or the good rs. 6,000 security systems which come with a remote thingy and tell if someones touching your car or you know... ? Any suggestions on this would also be appreciated
    i ve quoted the price of pair but i donno how much it will cost u in lahore.....u shud have insurance as they can cover up these stolen things....get the simple steel mate remote security lock
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The guy who fixed mine, his name is Adnan call him up and ask him. Tell him he recently fixed black mirrors for a silver vitz on Saturday last parked in a shop in saddar area. His cell # is 0315-4033342

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kzaki : Are you talking about the ones with the indicators of the facelift model and that too retractable ones ?

Retractable one means which can fold automatically in mine vitz mirror is retractable but not with the indicator light, that one comes with 2006 & onwards model which is so called (bull dog ) shape in local model....
    u might be having one that bull dog shape i have previous shape of vitz
    and in both model you can get retractable side mirrors, old one without indicator light newer one with indicator lite...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OMG..... 13K for a pair of mirrors :s. Its too much yar itne main mehran ki pata nahi kia kia cheezen ajati ahi :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kzaki View Post
    regarding the side mirror u can get one used for 2500 from magzine line in saddar... i got mine from their all the three time but i paid rs 1800 since i have 04 model... so next time be careful, side mirrors, rear wiper and navigation is always vigilant in this car....

Dude, i know what retractable means and I also know about the embedded indicator ones. All im asking was that the price you quoted ie "rs.2500" was that for the one i am looking for (retractable one with indicator) ?

@salik990 : Bro im in KARACHI, not lahore ! :p

@tyrone_40: Thanks man, ill do that first thing in the morning.

Also I went to Tariq Road, Allah wali chowrangi market and the guy "munna" quoted me Rs.5500 for ONE side glass, the retractable one with the embedded indicator. And he said if i wanted the plate to be made of metal that'll cost me Rs.500 more. So a total of Rs.6000 for just one side glass. And on the other hand, if i get the 09 corolla side glasses, the non retractable ones but power glass with embedded indicator, itll cost me Rs.2500 ! Im thinking of switching to the 09 corolla side glasses !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh ic well yesss RS2500 each for your vitz from tariq road you will get around 4500- 5000.....

Dude, i know what retractable means and I also know about the embedded indicator ones. All im asking was that the price you quoted ie "rs.2500" was that for the one i am looking for (retractable one with indicator) ?

@salik990 : Bro im in KARACHI, not lahore ! :p

@tyrone_40: Thanks man, ill do that first thing in the morning.

Also I went to Tariq Road, Allah wali chowrangi market and the guy "munna" quoted me Rs.5500 for ONE side glass, the retractable one with the embedded indicator. And he said if i wanted the plate to be made of metal that'll cost me Rs.500 more. So a total of Rs.6000 for just one side glass. And on the other hand, if i get the 09 corolla side glasses, the non retractable ones but power glass with embedded indicator, itll cost me Rs.2500 ! Im thinking of switching to the 09 corolla side glasses !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also I went to Tariq Road, Allah wali chowrangi market and the guy "munna" quoted me Rs.5500 for ONE side glass, the retractable one with the embedded indicator.!
    If you're talking about Munna the fat guy. He rips people off big time. He gave me a side-view mirror that had a faulty retract motor which was repaired as well.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kzaki : If you could give me the no or shop address of the person who sold you those mirrors that would be a lot of help ! Caus Rs.2500 is the cheapest price anyone has quoted me uptill now. But woh kaabuli hain right ? repaired tou nhe na ?

@murtaza_murti: Yup, its the same fat guy ! And thanks for telling

@tyrone_40: Bro I contacted the person whos no you gave me. He said Rs.4000 final for one side glass and for metal brackets rs.300. So a total of Rs.4300. Ill try and cut down his cost, ab dekho kitnay main final karay !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitz 2008 side view mirrors

Mine got stolen today. Does Toyota eastern or central motors install genuine side mirrors with indicators? Is it recommend to get it installed from them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List