Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 08 giving pathetic mileage

Hey Pakwheelers !

I recently bought a Vitz 2008 (face lift) this is the same one whose side mirror got stolen last sunday :/ Anyhow, what I wanted to ask you guys was that I needed your help to improve my car's mileage. My car is currently giving me 6.75 km/l And im like WTF !?! At first I didnt pay attention, but as days passed and i was running out of gas quickly so I decided to calculate my avg. I filled the tank with rs.500 worth of petrol and the car went exactly 37.5 kms and after that the last bar started to blink. If this **** goes on I might have to sell my car.

I went to the mechanic he checked the spark plugs and said that they are absolutely fine as they were red not block but the air filter was taking its last breaths. He said you only need to change that and you'll be good to go but I believe thats far from true. When a vitz 1.0 should be giving me a min of 12 - 13 km/l in city its giving me 6.75 km/l Yeh tou had he ho gaye yaar :/

Please HELP !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitzy

no need to worry guys here
    @mrh20001: its not like this....plus you are breaking the hearts of thousands of vitz owners. I own one and know 2 close friends who do too...mine is 2006 and 78k done,...it gives 16 kmpl in city with low AC and 21.7 kmpl on highways with full AC...the looks of the car, its quality of material, its strength, its engine and consumption all are par excellence...(and same is the case with my friends cars)

@hashims: CAT can be cleaned. Just get it opened, place it in open vertically and spill few drops of water diluted sweep(toilet cleaner) in its centre with a teaspoon etc...let the sweep drain from its bottom. repeat the process 10-15 times and you will see that the sweep will drain out upto 80% of the dirt. Just make sure the sweep doesnt touch the side walls as they are made of foam and will melt away

@midnight vulture: from what i can assess, you are pressing your throttle too hard. the avg is bound to drop. maintainence is also an issue, please gets new spark plugs from JZ Awan, get oils/fluids changed, see if your tires are the ones specified by the factory. get good quality petrol from a trusted pump. also get fuel pump cleaned from a mechanic. and your vitz will rock. Just remember its a 1000 cc economy car, dont expect it to run like a ferrari. a soft foot on throttle will do wonders!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVulture View Post
    Thanks a lot for your expert advices, really appreciate them

@ahsan1702: No i havent changed its air filter as of now, but I will be doing it as soon as i goto the Toyota showroom. Whats the A/T oil ? Oh and if suppose one of the sensor is not working well, then i guess ill have to sell out the car right ? :s

@HAshims : Well i think its both, caus I floor the accelerator irrespective of the speed of the car atm. Whats a tire jam ? :s And bro I only use petrol from the PSO - Company Operated outlet in defence, ab aur kahan se petrol bharwaon ? :/
    And whats a CAT ?

Main toh sooch raha hoon Toyota ke showroom jaaon aur bolo khol do pooray engine ko and check karo kia kharab hai and dubara fit kardo :s :p
    Dear Midnight,
    if you cant fill your tank full once, change filters/oils then kindly sell ur OLD car and buy a new mehran (Plus a cd70 for short trip to nearby market) and use the difference to maintain ur car properly for the next 10 year min.
    Goodluck tuning an efi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i fix a car with same fuel consumption problem,,,average of 9 km/l ((1300cc engine))on freeway/motorway,,
    by manually diagnostics i found the problem in O2 sensor(with help of Ossilliscope))) replace the O2 sensors(there will be 2 sensors) and your car will run fine,, change the air filter on every second service, sparks plug on 4th service and oil filter on every service,, check the idle RPM and drive ur car on light acceleration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by danijadoon View Post
    i fix a car with same fuel consumption problem,,,average of 9 km/l ((1300cc engine))on freeway/motorway,,
    by manually diagnostics i found the problem in O2 sensor(with help of Ossilliscope))) replace the O2 sensors(there will be 2 sensors) and your car will run fine,, change the air filter on every second service, sparks plug on 4th service and oil filter on every service,, check the idle RPM and drive ur car on light acceleration
    @danijadoon how did you find the O2 sensor problem with the Ossilliscope? Please elaborate. From where did you get new sensors? Do you feeli less voice of CAT after changing the sesors (because this khararrar voice when it takesoff irritates sometimes)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have recently purchased Vitz-2011 new shape, after that Full the fuel tank.It shows 9.5 KM/L and over all 585 KM of tank capacity that can be run.
    This 9.5 KM/L increased slowly up to 11.2KM/L after 300 KM used. I was vvvv upset and checked the vehicle from enercon wks center G-10 (near Islamabad H.Court) he has checked and said its 100% OK, but not satisfied and after used of 140KM petrol used about 12 liter so consumption come 11.66 KM/l.
    again i go to another wks near Daewoo Naseerabad, Ali automobile, he checked with carman scanner. and told that all sensors are OK, no fault. but the problem was SAME.
    after that i have friend that has same car, he told me about RE-Set of computer (ECU) that is done by as.
    1) Remove the Negative terminal of Battery for 5-minute.
    2) again Tight the -ve terminal.
    3) switch ON the car.
    4) The ECU reset and for 20 second the engine was unstable, but after that become STABLE.
    5) Drive the car for 30-minute on normal road as well as Motorway, for observing pakistani road conditions as well as Pak peterol vs engine conditions.
    6) The dasboard computer that does not go beyond 11.2, goes up to 19KM/L and that is confirmed.
    7) Now the car is so light and changing Gear (AT) quickly.
    Now it shows 702 KM instead of 345KM, and duly verified.
    I am so happy and telling it to all friends the reality.....that is safe .
    Dont open/clean the Throttle Body..................untill the scanner shows 0-fault.
    Be aware of it.

Regards.

razzaq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List