Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1076
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

    Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

    I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

    Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

    I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

    ================================================== =====
    Updates:

    1) Pictures of Engine bay

    2) Fog lights

    3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

    4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

    5) Console Armrest

    6) HIDs

    7) New RIMs and Tires

    8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

    With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

    Some Very useful discussions

    1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides


    2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)


    3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change



    4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT


    5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?


    6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)


    7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.


    8) Iridium vs copper plugs.


    9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

    10) Driving to Naran.


    ================================================== ====

    Major car part failures

    1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

    ================================================== ====

    Accidents

    1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.


    2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details


  2. #541
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Both CATs are present in the front side of the vehical.

    The removal of 1st CAT is very easy, just need to remove the manifold and get the CAT out.
    The removal of 2nd cat takes a bit longer, first you need to get the exhaust piper out, from just after the manifold till the silencer, there are two dholkies in that pipe, the dholki near to the front side has CAT, in order to get the CAT out you need to cut that dholki and get the CAT out after that you need to take it to welding guy who welds the dholki and bring it back to original position.
    If you read this with all the pics which i have attached, you will understand better.
    Hope i have explained well.
    Wow. Well done bro. So we have to break dholki to get CAT out. What about sound? Howz your ride performing now?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  3. #542
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Shoaib this is the first thread for new shape vitz which is very comprehensive. keep it up buddy
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  4. #543
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Wow. Well done bro. So we have to break dholki to get CAT out. What about sound? Howz your ride performing now?
    When the CAT is out the exhaust gases will be expelled quickly, after removing u will be experiencing a slight noticeable gain in acceleration, and it will make life easy for engine a bit as well.
    Sound will be like bhurrrr when your rpm will be in the lower band, there is a tip to totally get rid of this sound. Buy a muffler of earlier version of vitz/yaris i.e. 2001-2004. remove the genuine one and put in the garage and put the other one on and u will be delighted
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  5. #544
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Wow. Well done bro. So we have to break dholki to get CAT out. What about sound? Howz your ride performing now?
    Dear Shoaib,
    AOA,
    Yes breaking dholki is the only way to get the 2nd CAT out.
    As far as sound is concerned, there is change of 7 to 10% only, if you are a light footed driver you will not feel the change and if you press the foot hard then you can feel the sound of zoooooo only when you press the foot hard. But if the windows are closed then the sound is very very low...... its near to nothing.
    And the performance............ don't ask its just great, i can feel the acceleration has become much much better and engine is not heavy anymore, my CAT was chocked around 50% so i can feel the difference a lot.

  6. #545
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roms View Post
    When the CAT is out the exhaust gases will be expelled quickly, after removing u will be experiencing a slight noticeable gain in acceleration, and it will make life easy for engine a bit as well.
    Sound will be like bhurrrr when your rpm will be in the lower band, there is a tip to totally get rid of this sound. Buy a muffler of earlier version of vitz/yaris i.e. 2001-2004. remove the genuine one and put in the garage and put the other one on and u will be delighted
    No bhurr bhurr sound from my ride bro, my mechanic told me to take the dholki to the denter after removing the cat so that he brings is back to its original shape, this will decrease the sound, when the job of denter is complete the job of welder starts.......
    The sound is not much bro, its not irritating or annoying... more genuine i guess
    In my opinion the sound is much better as compared to the sound when CATs not removed.

  7. #546
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    No bhurr bhurr sound from my ride bro, my mechanic told me to take the dholki to the denter after removing the cat so that he brings is back to its original shape, this will decrease the sound, when the job of denter is complete the job of welder starts.......
    The sound is not much bro, its not irritating or annoying... more genuine i guess
    In my opinion the sound is much better as compared to the sound when CATs not removed.
    The bhurrr sound doesn't come because of the deshapping or holes and obviously it is welded again, it comes because of that hollow empty chamber changing the flow of exhaust gases. That is somehow removed if we change the muffler.
    But obviously genuine is genuine and i am happy that you didn't experience the weird sound
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  8. #547
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roms View Post
    The bhurrr sound doesn't come because of the deshapping or holes and obviously it is welded again, it comes because of that hollow empty chamber changing the flow of exhaust gases. That is somehow removed if we change the muffler.
    But obviously genuine is genuine and i am happy that you didn't experience the weird sound
    The only function of dholkies is to make the sound, isn't it? That is why they are present there, otherwise it could be a straight pipe i guess.

  9. #548
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    The only function of dholkies is to make the sound, isn't it? That is why they are present there, otherwise it could be a straight pipe i guess.
    Muffler's muffle the sound, the stock mufflers are not hollow from inside they have some restrictions and chambers to control the noise cancellations. Its kind of destructive interference which muffles the sound. Every car make has different kind of mufflers used depending on engine headers length and down pipe diameter. When the CAT is removed the flow of exhaust gases and the pulses are different when the hit the first resonator of muffler. That's why the change of sound happens in this case. Free flow exhaust are a different story
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  10. #549
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roms View Post
    Shoaib this is the first thread for new shape vitz which is very comprehensive. keep it up buddy
    jazakAllah bro. It has become possible only due to the great contributions of our beloved fellows. Many thanks to Allah for letting us to contribute into the ocean of information in pakwheels.

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  11. #550
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Mortal. Awesome work bro. Do check and update us with the change in mileage. I will do this too. And excellent suggestion from roms bhai.

    @roms Sir, if the sound is bad, and we get the dholki of old shape vitz. Does that dholki contain a CAT too? Will we have to remove that CAT too? or is it CAT-less?

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  12. #551
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @roms. Sir also update if you know that will if effect the sensors? I mean the sensors like o2 and others. The CAT removal will change the dynamics of air exhaust. Will it effect the correct calculations of sensors?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  13. #552
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    @Mortal. Awesome work bro. Do check and update us with the change in mileage. I will do this too. And excellent suggestion from roms bhai.

    @roms Sir, if the sound is bad, and we get the dholki of old shape vitz. Does that dholki contain a CAT too? Will we have to remove that CAT too? or is it CAT-less?

    regards,
    Shoaib bhai CAT and muffler are two different things. Muffler is the last part of exhaust system and it is present in every car/bike. Whereas CAT is not present in all vehicles. Cars in Europe/ USA biuld cars which have CAT because they have to meet the International standards of CO2 emissions. New vehicles in paksitan like honda and other imported vehicles do have CATs in them. CAT is used to convert the toxic gases into other friendly form by initiating a chemical process because of catalyst element
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  14. #553
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    @roms. Sir also update if you know that will if effect the sensors? I mean the sensors like o2 and others. The CAT removal will change the dynamics of air exhaust. Will it effect the correct calculations of sensors?
    No affect on sensors but on environment but if CEL comes up than it is the O2 sensor but it is highly a unlike scenario. There are 02 emulators in the market available easily which can do the job
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  15. #554
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @roms... Thanks bro you have been very helpful

  16. #555
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roms View Post
    Muffler's muffle the sound, the stock mufflers are not hollow from inside they have some restrictions and chambers to control the noise cancellations. Its kind of destructive interference which muffles the sound. Every car make has different kind of mufflers used depending on engine headers length and down pipe diameter. When the CAT is removed the flow of exhaust gases and the pulses are different when the hit the first resonator of muffler. That's why the change of sound happens in this case. Free flow exhaust are a different story
    Thank You for detailed explanation bro,
    I have checked online there are many Mufflers available online, i tried to find a genuine one but failed to find it, not present in BILAL GUNJ....
    Please elaborate, different mufflers have different sounds?
    Where can i find the genuine one from lahore?

  17. #556
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roms View Post
    Shoaib bhai CAT and muffler are two different things. Muffler is the last part of exhaust system and it is present in every car/bike. Whereas CAT is not present in all vehicles. Cars in Europe/ USA biuld cars which have CAT because they have to meet the International standards of CO2 emissions. New vehicles in paksitan like honda and other imported vehicles do have CATs in them. CAT is used to convert the toxic gases into other friendly form by initiating a chemical process because of catalyst element
    Ahan. Got it bro. JazakAllah.
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  18. #557
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    All things are present in my car other than side speakers on dash beam
    Where exactly is the restraining board? Can you post a pic, please if possible?

    Thanks in advance

  19. #558
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Thank You for detailed explanation bro,
    I have checked online there are many Mufflers available online, i tried to find a genuine one but failed to find it, not present in BILAL GUNJ....
    Please elaborate, different mufflers have different sounds?
    Where can i find the genuine one from lahore?
    Sir it depends upon ur luck, when i had vitz, i found the original muffler of vitz 2004 and it was lying with a silencer wala. The owner of that vitz/yaris gave it to him because he installed an Chinese aftermarket exhaust . So i bought from silencer wala in 1600 rs. keep looking for it and i am sure u will find it.
    Yes different mufflers have different sounds because they are designed according to the engine, headers and pipe diameter. It is not a big deal they vary on different vehicles. It is a trial and error thing if you experiment a muffler from other vehicle because the pulse mechanism is different and hence some times more cancellation will occur and sometime it will be bit noisy.
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  20. #559
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    roms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,067
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Ahan. Got it bro. JazakAllah.
    thanks bro, and keep us updated on ur vehicle
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

  21. #560
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    scorpion80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,320
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes do update ..
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •