Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

================================================== =====
    Updates:

1) Pictures of Engine bay

2) Fog lights

3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

5) Console Armrest

6) HIDs

7) New RIMs and Tires

8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

Some Very useful discussions

1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides

2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)

3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change

4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT

5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?

6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)

7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.

8) Iridium vs copper plugs.

9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

10) Driving to Naran.

================================================== ====

Major car part failures

1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

================================================== ====

Accidents

1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.

2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys i have vitz 2007 1300 CC 4wd 2NZ FE automatic gear , i want to change its gear oil, expert opinion is required that which one should i change ATF OR CVT? 4x4 2NZFE engine support which one ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehran4 View Post
    Hi guys i have vitz 2007 1300 CC 4wd 2NZ FE automatic gear , i want to change its gear oil, expert opinion is required that which one should i change ATF OR CVT? 4x4 2NZFE engine support which one ??

AoA brother,

Nice to hear from you. According to my information 2NZ FE does not have CVTi transmission gear box. So you can get simple ATF transmission oil for it.

I hope some one will re-verify what I have said.

Best of luck.
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just bought this Cabin Filter. Got it replaced myself. The method was easy. Thanks to murtaza_murti bhai and Mortal bhai.

My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -433171My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -433172

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    AoA brother,

Nice to hear from you. According to my information 2NZ FE does not have CVTi transmission gear box. So you can get simple ATF transmission oil for it.

I hope some one will re-verify what I have said.

Best of luck.
    Hi, thanks for the info. i read ur thread , its very good, first time saw such a thread on this site, every topic is in specific page, nice work man, hey can u plz tell me that i also got vitz 1300 4wD so my car need which services? i heard abt throtle body and tuning, can u plz tell me from where u did these service and how much was the charges for tuning and throtle body? i am also from islamabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi, thanks for the info. i read ur thread , its very good, first time saw such a thread on this site, every topic is in specific page, nice work man, hey can u plz tell me that i also got vitz 1300 4wD so my car need which services? i heard abt throtle body and tuning, can u plz tell me from where u did these service and how much was the charges for tuning and throtle body? i am also from islamabad
    JazakAllah for liking the thread bro.

For routine checkups and servicing I go to Toyota Capital Motors, Potohar Road, I -9, Islamabad. The supervisor, known as Mr. shah, is a good knowledgeable person. I do not buy parts from them as you know the 3S dealers are very expensive as compared to market. When you require a computerized tuning (which normally is not required) you can go to their headquaters in front of Agha shahi avenue.

For normal routine checkup and servicing like throttle body cleaning, plug change/cleaning, brake service, gear oil change etc potohar road point is a good place.

The bad thing about them is that they lack vitz parts like for example they had no gear oil container gas kit etc.

Do update me if you find some better place of you dear vitzo.

Best of luck,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnks shoaib , ok tell me abt tyres.. i m getting eurostar 175/65 R15 that one used in honda city, plz suggest me should i buy that, coz they r cheap, i cnt afford dunlop or other branded tyre coz that r expensive for me , plz tell me abt these euro star, does it effect in fuel mileage or suspension??? my vitz is 1300 cc 4x4 , and it has studless tyres (snow type) so i want to change imediately, n this time m out of budget so for temporary for some months should i get that eurostar??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnks shoaib , ok tell me abt tyres.. i m getting eurostar 175/65 R15 that one used in honda city, plz suggest me should i buy that, coz they r cheap, i cnt afford dunlop or other branded tyre coz that r expensive for me , plz tell me abt these euro star, does it effect in fuel mileage or suspension??? my vitz is 1300 cc 4x4 , and it has studless tyres (snow type) so i want to change imediately, n this time m out of budget so for temporary for some months should i get that eurostar??
    The official genuine tire sizes of vitz are 185/60 R15, 165/70 R14 and 165/70 R14. These size are the best suited sizes but they do not give vitz a good ground clearance. As in Pakistan it is common to have big speed bumps many people go for 185/70 R14 or 195/60 R15.

But this 175/65 R15 is some thing new for me as far as vitz is concerned. I have never seen it deployed in vitz but this size should get fit into vitz without any trouble theoretically. I see no issue in using eurostar for temporary usage only if you are out of budget but remember! they are very low rated tires. They are hard and they are never recommended at any place. and putting them in a 4 x 4 vehicle is just like toeing an airplane with donkey If I be at you place, I would have tried to find some other tire like dunlop etc second hand which may fit in my budget. But still! You should get rid of your snow tires as fast as you can. If you have no budget whatsoever you can go for eurostar for few months. That will decrease your drive pleasure\comfort but still they are better than snow tires

Afterwards you can change your tires to some better option and size.

best of luck,
    regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MASHALLAH great choice drive safely.
    Beshak ALLAH he sy hy sub waqt sy pehly nahin zarorat sy zada nahin.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks sohoaib , ok tell me which tyre size and brand u installed in ur vitz? and also suggest me any cheap and reasonable brand

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks sohoaib , ok tell me which tyre size and brand u installed in ur vitz? and also suggest me any cheap and reasonable brand
    Brother I am not very good at tires. I have only bought tires two times for my rides. I put a nato tire in my father's honda city and I replaced by cultus tires with bridgestone. The well known market tires are dunlop, bridgestone, machlein, good year, yokohoma etc but they are expensive. You can try to find some second hand piece from the kho of sultan.

Brother my vitz came with good year tires and I am using the same one till now. I will change them after damaging them to best extent

You can get the "good year" second hand tire in reasonable price. If you do not drive much they will be enough for you to pass at least 6 to 12 months.

Sir, all good tires are "good" for vitz You can go for yokohoma. Michilen is also a good option (Many people say it is bad for Pakistan, but I have seen it being used in Saudia. If it can work in saudia why not pakistan?) So you have many options. and dunlop to dunlop hay all time favourite. Jis marzi car main lagwa lain.

I do not know about tires much so you can post the question in tire guru thread. I have seen you getting good help in vitz fanclub too. Best of luck

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Dear Gents,Today i have successfully removed the CAT(which is located on front side) from my ride, there is a very minor change in the sound, attaching pics for the reference; My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 397524My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 397526
    thats about 300 USD worth of precious metals you just blew away.. Why are you guys gutting the cats, I drive a diesel car and have a cat in it, Diesel blows a lot of soot that can pack the cat solid BUT the cat is self cleaning, it heats up to a very high temperature effectivily igniting the soot again - I have seen it - at some times when I accelerate really hard (4000 rpm plus on a climb) and stop - you can sometimes see a puff of grayish smoke, that smoke was the soot being cleaned out.Your cars have cats on the manifold - the manifold gets extremely hot, so there is no way your cat would be blocked unless someone actually was feeding it raw petrol - that is the only thing that can kill and block the cat. Its a device that requires no maintenance...Cats were also in the old corollas, charades, sunnys etc brought in from Japan in the mid to late 90s - those cars still had them after a decade burning the local Pakistani fuel, And if it can survive diesel exhaust - what makes you think your chooha engine that already is burning clean is going to plug it up.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear vitz owners, i installed cold air intake, in vitz 2007 1300cc. The engine sound acted heavy. Acceleration was good !! Checked with my mates 1600cc vti and was almost same pace after 150 kph ! Went back to the normal intake, because engine became heavy on during city drive.
    Now i think it was because of this CAT issue, which i wasnt aware of earlier !!!
    Will the removal of CAT help solve this issue ? And will going back to intake after CAT remove be allrite ?

Also another question Please, recommend a good mechanic, technical stuff i can do maybe my self. For where do you guys change your CVT Trans Fluid ? I havent goten any problem with it, however just in case i want to empty it and check it and fill it with a good new CVT fluid.
    Thankyou.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For reference here is my ride

My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -440683
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default gr8

hey Shoaib, I was going through the detailed info you are providing to everyone and I must say its great. I got a vitz in April 2012 and really loving the ride. Can you please send me the phone number of the agent since i need to get my car registered.

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    LoL. Good conclusion. Well it depends on him. The procedure is simple. I have PM you the number of an agent. The one who registered my vitz. I gave him complete money in advance. He gave me my registration recipt the same day in evening. Just give him a call. Rest will be his problem

best of luck,
    regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Shoaib,
    Welcome back, since you were away...... i was away too, good to have you back buddy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    thats about 300 USD worth of precious metals you just blew away.. Why are you guys gutting the cats, I drive a diesel car and have a cat in it, Diesel blows a lot of soot that can pack the cat solid BUT the cat is self cleaning, it heats up to a very high temperature effectivily igniting the soot again - I have seen it - at some times when I accelerate really hard (4000 rpm plus on a climb) and stop - you can sometimes see a puff of grayish smoke, that smoke was the soot being cleaned out.Your cars have cats on the manifold - the manifold gets extremely hot, so there is no way your cat would be blocked unless someone actually was feeding it raw petrol - that is the only thing that can kill and block the cat. Its a device that requires no maintenance...Cats were also in the old corollas, charades, sunnys etc brought in from Japan in the mid to late 90s - those cars still had them after a decade burning the local Pakistani fuel, And if it can survive diesel exhaust - what makes you think your chooha engine that already is burning clean is going to plug it up.

Dear Xulfiqar,
    AOA,

Its the decision you have to take , There is a difference in the pick of the car, not much though,
    If i had to do this all over again, i may not opt to remove the CAT......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Maintenance Manual

Salaam Everyone,

Since a lot of useful information is available under this thread so I thought of adding the maintenance manual here for the consumption of Vitz owners. I downloaded it from the Toyota company website. BTW I tried to upload the original pdf but that format is not supported so I converted it in jpg format.

Regards,

Hayat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oakbar1 View Post
    hey Shoaib, I was going through the detailed info you are providing to everyone and I must say its great. I got a vitz in April 2012 and really loving the ride. Can you please send me the phone number of the agent since i need to get my car registered.
    AoA brother,

JazakAllah for liking the effort. Nice to hear you have to new vitz. I have sent you a private message for number.
    regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Dear Shoaib,
    Welcome back, since you were away...... i was away too, good to have you back buddy
    Asalam-o-Alikum brother

Nice to see you too mashAllah. Good to have you back too I hope you are fine and you ride is doing well too.... and many jazakAllahs for keeping me remembered.
    stay in touch.
    regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

Asalam-o-Alikum zulfiqar bhai. i hope you are doing fine.

Sir removing CAT is a tough decision. We extensively discussed this topic in threads and also searched the topic all over the internet. I met with Toyota dealers also interviewed experts from yaris world website. Mortal bhai is right. The decision is in our hand. I personally met with persons who told me that there 1kr-fe engine (choha in your lanugage) went out of order because of chocked CAT. According to them this happened because the already choha engine was not able to cope with the drag provided by chocked CAT. Once I met a person on Capital motors getting his engine overhauled. He also pointed out his carelessness regarding CAT. He said I drove with CAT and look what have I done.

On the other side, I have met many people who are driving same vitz with CAT for years with no issues whatsoever. Zulfi bhai you are an expert and I am sure you are right. It is also a matter of common sense as millions of rides with CATs are being driven through out the world with far more worst oil than ours and far more worst condition. There is no shortage of third word countries

We came to this conclusion just to get ride of all this chikh chikh of "remove or do not remove". We thought kah yar jaan churwao

The decision is on to the owners best of luck.

regards,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

User Tag List