Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

================================================== =====
    Updates:

1) Pictures of Engine bay

2) Fog lights

3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

5) Console Armrest

6) HIDs

7) New RIMs and Tires

8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

Some Very useful discussions

1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides

2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)

3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change

4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT

5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?

6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)

7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.

8) Iridium vs copper plugs.

9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

10) Driving to Naran.

================================================== ====

Major car part failures

1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

================================================== ====

Accidents

1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.

2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilzmafia View Post
    Dear vitz owners, i installed cold air intake, in vitz 2007 1300cc. The engine sound acted heavy. Acceleration was good !! Checked with my mates 1600cc vti and was almost same pace after 150 kph ! Went back to the normal intake, because engine became heavy on during city drive.
    Now i think it was because of this CAT issue, which i wasnt aware of earlier !!!
    Will the removal of CAT help solve this issue ? And will going back to intake after CAT remove be allrite ?

Also another question Please, recommend a good mechanic, technical stuff i can do maybe my self. For where do you guys change your CVT Trans Fluid ? I havent goten any problem with it, however just in case i want to empty it and check it and fill it with a good new CVT fluid.
    Thankyou.

Asalam-o-Alikum brother.

Well the heavyness in engine can be due to many issues. You can take the ride to some good mechanic. Where are you living now a days? If you are in Islamabad, try meeting Mr. Shah at Toyota capital motors, Potohar road, I-9, Islamabad. Do not go to their headquarters. I am trying to find a better place. Do update use if you find a better one.

As far as the CAT is concerned, yes, it can be a culprit. But, it's better to get other things checked first. like throttle body cleaning, plugs, filters, sensors blah blah etc.

Also check the quality of fuel you are getting. Sensitive engines respond very abruptly to fuel quality.

You can get your CVT Trans Fluid changed from the same place as I have mentioned. But do not forget to take with you all the required things. For example CVTi Fluid box gas kit. Normally they do not have such things, but if they have them, they give it at 3x price.

Also post the same question in vitz fan club thread.
    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hayatsNice share! regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Asalam-o-Alikum zulfiqar bhai. i hope you are doing fine.

Sir removing CAT is a tough decision. We extensively discussed this topic in threads and also searched the topic all over the internet. I met with Toyota dealers also interviewed experts from yaris world website. Mortal bhai is right. The decision is in our hand. I personally met with persons who told me that there 1kr-fe engine (choha in your lanugage) went out of order because of chocked CAT. According to them this happened because the already choha engine was not able to cope with the drag provided by chocked CAT. Once I met a person on Capital motors getting his engine overhauled. He also pointed out his carelessness regarding CAT. He said I drove with CAT and look what have I done.

On the other side, I have met many people who are driving same vitz with CAT for years with no issues whatsoever. Zulfi bhai you are an expert and I am sure you are right. It is also a matter of common sense as millions of rides with CATs are being driven through out the world with far more worst oil than ours and far more worst condition. There is no shortage of third word countries

We came to this conclusion just to get ride of all this chikh chikh of "remove or do not remove". We thought kah yar jaan churwao

The decision is on to the owners best of luck.

regards,
    I loved the way you pointed out "CHOHA ENGINE"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Shoaib,
    AOA,
    Yes the ride is doing good. After all the efforts i could not get the avg more than 11km per liter with AC..... my bad i guess.
    I think you have not removed the 2nd CAT, I shall be in Islamabad for two days i.e. Wednesday a Thursday, you can check the sound of my ride if you want.... please do let me know if you are willing to do so...
    Thanks,
    Muhammad Faizan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Dear Shoaib,
    AOA,
    Yes the ride is doing good. After all the efforts i could not get the avg more than 11km per liter with AC..... my bad i guess.
    I think you have not removed the 2nd CAT, I shall be in Islamabad for two days i.e. Wednesday a Thursday, you can check the sound of my ride if you want.... please do let me know if you are willing to do so...
    Thanks,
    Muhammad Faizan

Walikum asalam Mortal bhai. Oh great! You are welcome. Yes sure I will love to meet you and see your ride. Do private message me your number. I shall call you inshAllah.

I think with A/C this is really good. I am also doing my first run with A/C. Let's see kitna ata hay. I do not think 11 say zyada ayie gi. let's hope for the best. Sir, A/C main waiting periods bohat matter kertay hain. See. I use to wait for my sister to come out of her madrassa and tuition center when I go to pick her. My mom goes to market and I wait for her sometimes in my ride with A/C on. These waits together play havoc on mileage

Anyways to text me the number.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-Alikum zulfiqar bhai. i hope you are doing fine.Sir removing CAT is a tough decision. We extensively discussed this topic in threads and also searched the topic all over the internet. I met with Toyota dealers also interviewed experts from yaris world website. Mortal bhai is right. The decision is in our hand. I personally met with persons who told me that there 1kr-fe engine (choha in your lanugage) went out of order because of chocked CAT. According to them this happened because the already choha engine was not able to cope with the drag provided by chocked CAT. Once I met a person on Capital motors getting his engine overhauled. He also pointed out his carelessness regarding CAT. He said I drove with CAT and look what have I done.On the other side, I have met many people who are driving same vitz with CAT for years with no issues whatsoever. Zulfi bhai you are an expert and I am sure you are right. It is also a matter of common sense as millions of rides with CATs are being driven through out the world with far more worst oil than ours and far more worst condition. There is no shortage of third word countries We came to this conclusion just to get ride of all this chikh chikh of "remove or do not remove". We thought kah yar jaan churwao The decision is on to the owners best of luck.regards,
    The ECU takes reading from 2 O2 sensors, one fore and one aft of the cat, without the cat the readings wildly swing out like mad (this is an effective scope for the ECU to determine that the cat is faulty) - exhaust processing is not complete.When you take it out - and dont use a replacement the ECU actually never goes into full drive mode - if you use a dealership (IMO shoot them if they actually tell you to gut the cat) - and use their intellitester to get live readings - your car without the cat will show a very stupid looking graph of the rear O2 sensor - and the ECU will be in safe mode, It will also be swilling fuel too.. This in most countries (where emmissions laws exist) means that your car cannot be registered for road use. Anyways - my point was that what you are thinking is a solution is actually not a solution. Its more of a round peg square hole situation. It may seem to fit but it actually does not.Khair - Your analysis of "users describing" you the problems is useless, a driver (user) can complain of the silliest items and join them together. You will also meet a bunch of people (users) saying that this engine runs very hot, too much heat is radiated off it (thankyou Einstein) - the problem boils down to believing too much hearsay - IMO - if there is a problem its better to analyse it first then correct it, not apply fixes then analyse it. The old EE80 corollas had its cat right in the manifold, it melted itself due to misfire by a disconnected vacuum pipe by "sarviss istashun" or "ustaad ka haath" Guess what was blamed for bad manufacture - the cat converter.Yes these can fail but they very very rarely fail by blockage in normal service. Its a thermal reactor, when you start the engine it runs very rich till it gets warmed up, this rich mixture also ignites off the cat to get the "reactor" ready for use - this action is picked up by the front and rear O2 sensor and the engine coolant temp sensor - at which time the ECU will phase itself into "RUN" mode and actively trim fuelling and timing througout the rev range.The cat can be poisoned to inefficiency by running the engine rich for too long - like running with no thermostat valve or bad engine wiring or bad ECU. If such is the case, then if you gutted the cat you actually just masked the problem rather than actually repair it. Soon your engine will be termed to a short life. Now to a shocking point - You might never get the emmissions test report from the importer or auction house that sold this car - these cars are like "chips and coke" in Japan meaning the repairs until they are warrantied are done - once out they are trashed (returned) for a newer car, the labour cost to repair these cars there is phenomenal, some even are deliberately messed up for the insurance companies to render then totalled whether mechanically or bodywork wise. (I have worked on an unregistered, JDM import Corolla in Pakistan, and its wiring harness was cut at multiple points in a way that it was pretty hard to notice)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The ECU takes reading from 2 O2 sensors, one fore and one aft of the cat, without the cat the readings wildly swing out like mad (this is an effective scope for the ECU to determine that the cat is faulty) - exhaust processing is not complete.When you take it out - and dont use a replacement the ECU actually never goes into full drive mode - if you use a dealership (IMO shoot them if they actually tell you to gut the cat) - and use their intellitester to get live readings - your car without the cat will show a very stupid looking graph of the rear O2 sensor - and the ECU will be in safe mode, It will also be swilling fuel too.. This in most countries (where emmissions laws exist) means that your car cannot be registered for road use. Anyways - my point was that what you are thinking is a solution is actually not a solution. Its more of a round peg square hole situation. It may seem to fit but it actually does not.Khair - Your analysis of "users describing" you the problems is useless, a driver (user) can complain of the silliest items and join them together. You will also meet a bunch of people (users) saying that this engine runs very hot, too much heat is radiated off it (thankyou Einstein) - the problem boils down to believing too much hearsay - IMO - if there is a problem its better to analyse it first then correct it, not apply fixes then analyse it. The old EE80 corollas had its cat right in the manifold, it melted itself due to misfire by a disconnected vacuum pipe by "sarviss istashun" or "ustaad ka haath" Guess what was blamed for bad manufacture - the cat converter.Yes these can fail but they very very rarely fail by blockage in normal service. Its a thermal reactor, when you start the engine it runs very rich till it gets warmed up, this rich mixture also ignites off the cat to get the "reactor" ready for use - this action is picked up by the front and rear O2 sensor and the engine coolant temp sensor - at which time the ECU will phase itself into "RUN" mode and actively trim fuelling and timing througout the rev range.The cat can be poisoned to inefficiency by running the engine rich for too long - like running with no thermostat valve or bad engine wiring or bad ECU. If such is the case, then if you gutted the cat you actually just masked the problem rather than actually repair it. Soon your engine will be termed to a short life. Now to a shocking point - You might never get the emmissions test report from the importer or auction house that sold this car - these cars are like "chips and coke" in Japan meaning the repairs until they are warrantied are done - once out they are trashed (returned) for a newer car, the labour cost to repair these cars there is phenomenal, some even are deliberately messed up for the insurance companies to render then totalled whether mechanically or bodywork wise. (I have worked on an unregistered, JDM import Corolla in Pakistan, and its wiring harness was cut at multiple points in a way that it was pretty hard to notice)

AoA. JazakAllah for the explained answer brother. I told you, as you are an expert, you are 100% correct. Can you send me some link on internet where I can understand all the exhaust system step by step so that I may be able to come to know about o2 sensors and stuff like these? Actually I am new to rides. This is my life's second car. I want to know more. I cannot absorb or digest it the way you have described as I am pretty naive in this perspective. I do not even know what ECU is and how it works.

Thank you very much for help.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

google it - but try to sift through the information.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA. JazakAllah for the explained answer brother. I told you, as you are an expert, you are 100% correct. Can you send me some link on internet where I can understand all the exhaust system step by step so that I may be able to come to know about o2 sensors and stuff like these? Actually I am new to rides. This is my life's second car. I want to know more. I cannot absorb or digest it the way you have described as I am pretty naive in this perspective. I do not even know what ECU is and how it works.

Thank you very much for help.

regards,
    HowStuffWorks "Learn how Everything Works!" is your answer,they will explain you with videos.
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    google it - but try to sift through the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    HowStuffWorks "Learn how Everything Works!" is your answer,they will explain you with videos.
    jazakAllah brothers. I am on to it.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all. Today my first mileage with A/C run was completed. The ride did 11.8 Km/L with A/C in city. I should mention that it contains waiting periods too. Many times I wait for my sister or mom sitting in A/C in parked car. Many waits among them were more than 10 - 15 minutes.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa sir !!!
    for me .. it looks a good milage .. considering the waiting in car !! i can imagine the waiting time for sister and mother ...
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome back broo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by city11 View Post
    Welcome back broo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jazakAllah bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion80 View Post
    aoa sir !!!
    for me .. it looks a good milage .. considering the waiting in car !! i can imagine the waiting time for sister and mother ...
    walikum asalam.

lol Well I do not call it a wasting time but yes it wastes fuel. Actually It becomes very difficult for me to turn off the car and roam around in summer. So, I prefer to keep sitting in car. Thanks to the good A/C of vitz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here we go. The changed lights.

1) Low beam: The normal lights I use. You can see that the light is dispersed.

My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 382586

My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 382587

Which bulb are you using for low beam??
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickybhai Aoa sir. sorry for so late reply. i was a bit too busy in office. blub? hmmm. I dont know :-)

which ever that bulb is. It is pathetic. bcz it scatters the light every where. no beam whatsoever.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

H4 bulbs are used in headlights
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    H4 bulbs are used in headlights
    Sorry I have no idea. Is H4 a company? Or it's a special number to represent some specific bulb.

MY HID experience is very bad. It's a 45 KW HID. When I turn it on everything becomes bright but the opposite traffic becomes blind! dead blind! So I cannot use it anywhere.

JUST A WASTE OF MONEY!

Thanks to my stupidity.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

H4 is the bulb type which fits your vitz & other single bulb lights....
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

User Tag List