Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1076
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

    Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

    I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

    Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

    I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

    ================================================== =====
    Updates:

    1) Pictures of Engine bay

    2) Fog lights

    3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

    4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

    5) Console Armrest

    6) HIDs

    7) New RIMs and Tires

    8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

    With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

    Some Very useful discussions

    1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides


    2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)


    3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change



    4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT


    5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?


    6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)


    7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.


    8) Iridium vs copper plugs.


    9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

    10) Driving to Naran.


    ================================================== ====

    Major car part failures

    1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

    ================================================== ====

    Accidents

    1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.


    2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details


  2. #661
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Docjunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadiqabad
    Posts
    2,046
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Oh great! Its a good news as this tire size is well with in range => "23.0 to 24.3, +/-3%."
    195/60 R15 = 24.2"

    InshAllah I will get exactly same size and brand for my vitz

    And let me say again....... This RIM and TIRE .... is super cooooOoOoOoOLll

    And please do not park car without security...... You might not find the tires and rims when u come back .......

    JazakAllah for the information bro. Drive safe

    regards,

    I try my best to keep the car safe & protected when I'm outside




    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Glory Glory Manchester United

  3. #662
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Docjunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadiqabad
    Posts
    2,046
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    shoaib bhai kindly tell me from where can i get this kind of system in rwp isloo? nd price?
    nd mene amp subwoofer aur speakers lagwaye hain, to kia rockmars ki sound quality achi hay ya guzaara?

    Bro go for branded stuff
    I've tried rock mars & solid audio both have decent sound quality compared to pioneer, I've recently bought pioneer avh 2450bt & totally satisfied with it


    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Glory Glory Manchester United

  4. #663
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    shoaib bhai kindly tell me from where can i get this kind of system in rwp isloo? nd price?
    nd mene amp subwoofer aur speakers lagwaye hain, to kia rockmars ki sound quality achi hay ya guzaara?

    Doc Junaid bhai is right. The sound of Rockmars is just average if you are a real boOOmmm boOOomm kind of music lover. Go for some good brand like poineer. But no other brand is giving a genuine fit for vitz. So the look of the dashboard will will not be as awesome as rockmars. Thats a bargain which u will have to make

    Best of luck
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  5. #664
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    yaar jo 1.3 hy na vitz uski sound ko koi KHAAS farq nae parta but the one with 1.0L vitz 3-cyl 1KR-FE, uski awaz tractor ki trha hojati phat phat phat....

    LoL. What is your context? I mean when 1.0 sound changes? After usage? After Tyre size change? or over the time? kab?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  6. #665
    PakWheeler Follow
    kamiajk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Muzaffarabad
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    congratz bro, Great ride
    |-- Never base your life decisions on advice from people who don't have to deal with the results --|

  7. #666
    PakWheeler Follow
    fahadkhalil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salam All from Lahore:

    I have recently purchased 2010 1L Vitz. Tomorrow inshaAllah I will be going to a toyota dealer to have the engine oil, transmission oil and filters changed.

    The first problem I am facing is that if I leave vehicle steering, it tends to go to right - and problem gets worse when I reverse the vehicle. I think this is alignment / wheel balancing issue.

    Also, it has 175-r15 tires ( changed by previous owner ). I am planning to change them to stock ones, for better millage. Can anyone please tell me the stock tire size for this vehicle?
    "BTW my 35-year-old beetle has better features than the local mehran!!", Storm

  8. #667
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nice to hear that you bought vitz. Best of luck with the ride bro.

    yes it's a clear cut alignment or balancing issue.

    The stock size is: 185/60 R15 and 165/70 R14



    Quote Originally Posted by fahadkhalil View Post
    Salam All from Lahore:

    I have recently purchased 2010 1L Vitz. Tomorrow inshaAllah I will be going to a toyota dealer to have the engine oil, transmission oil and filters changed.

    The first problem I am facing is that if I leave vehicle steering, it tends to go to right - and problem gets worse when I reverse the vehicle. I think this is alignment / wheel balancing issue.

    Also, it has 175-r15 tires ( changed by previous owner ). I am planning to change them to stock ones, for better millage. Can anyone please tell me the stock tire size for this vehicle?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  9. #668
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ahkhan89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    after CAT-converter REMOVAL.....
    <....MaVericK....>

  10. #669
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ahkhan89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    LoL. What is your context? I mean when 1.0 sound changes? After usage? After Tyre size change? or over the time? kab?
    hahaha oww m sorry iforgot that i wx telling sound change after CAT-converter REMOVAL.....
    <....MaVericK....>

  11. #670
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ahkhan89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Docjunaid View Post
    Bro go for branded stuff
    I've tried rock mars & solid audio both have decent sound quality compared to pioneer, I've recently bought pioneer avh 2450bt & totally satisfied with it


    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    aoa bhai i also preffered branded products but in dvd player i cant find any branded like pioneer, kenwood or xplod which also came with GPS Navi..
    in that case i hav only two options rockmars or eonon...
    <....MaVericK....>

  12. #671
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    hahaha oww m sorry iforgot that i wx telling sound change after CAT-converter REMOVAL.....

    Ahan right, may be u are right. I have removed one CAT and havnt notice much sound change.
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  13. #672
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkhan89 View Post
    aoa bhai i also preffered branded products but in dvd player i cant find any branded like pioneer, kenwood or xplod which also came with GPS Navi..
    in that case i hav only two options rockmars or eonon...
    Walikum asalam warahmatullah.

    Well yes that is another bargain I havnt checked eonon but rockmars is a 7/10 in terms of sound and 6/10 in picture quality. But in other facilities which it has e.g. Awesome in-dash fitting and GPS I give it 10/10.

    best of luck for ur decision
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  14. #673
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah....

    Brothers I am observing a strange sound in my vitz.

    I went to Toyota people for daily checkup and oil change.

    1) They cleaned the throttle.
    2) They changed the Plugs.
    3) They changed the Air filter.
    4) They tightened the engine belt.
    5) They changed the engine oil. (Liquimoly - I changed the oil number from 10-40W sythetic to 15-40w mineral on recommendation of Liquimoly tech guy. Though I do not think it is good idea.)


    After the work as told above two changes are clearly observed.
    1) The char char char char sound around the belt area. Probably it is belt. or it is the bearing.
    2) When I accelerate car sounds like a racing car. Like gaaaaaaoooooon.... My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - smiley laughing check the videos, u'll get that better.

    I went to toyota people. They told me that the bearings are wearing out. It was something strange for me as I heard no such sound before the above mentioned work was done. They said that the bearings were not giving that sound before because the belt was loose. Now they have tighten the belt. Due to this tightening the bearing is getting the load. The toyota guy greeced the belt and the sound became a bit less. He said see! When I greeced it; the belt became soft and so does the load on the bearing. The less load made the sound fade away a bit.

    I went to another mechanic in 1-9 industrial area. He carefully checked the bearings and said this is not a bearing sound. He after some time told me that he is unable to figure out from where the sound is coming. He asked me to visit him after few days so that the greece may go away and the noise come back to it's original form.

    I have uploaded the videos. Please check them and give you ideas.



    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  15. #674
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Another video....

    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  16. #675
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Another one while driving. Check the gaaaaaaaoooooooonnn sound with in cabin

    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  17. #676
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Another one while driving. Check the gaaaaaaaoooooooonnn sound with in cabin

    Dear Bro,
    AOA,
    the sound from the first 2 videos are clear, could not judge the sound in the cabin... Any how the sound is there and it needs to be inspected carefully, why don't you ask the toyota guys to loose the belt a bit and check for a couple of days.

  18. #677
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Dear Bro,
    AOA,
    the sound from the first 2 videos are clear, could not judge the sound in the cabin... Any how the sound is there and it needs to be inspected carefully, why don't you ask the toyota guys to loose the belt a bit and check for a couple of days.
    Walikum asalam.

    yes bro we have loosen up the belt. But sound is still there. There is a very good chance that my water pump's bearing is producing that noise. I have checked carefully the source. The water pump's pully is doing that char char char (Allah knows the best).

    The "gaaaooon" sound in third video inside cabin seems to be the loose joint in intake box as shown in figure. But I dnt know how to tight it.

    My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -1076486
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  19. #678
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Walikum asalam.

    yes bro we have loosen up the belt. But sound is still there. There is a very good chance that my water pump's bearing is producing that noise. I have checked carefully the source. The water pump's pully is doing that char char char (Allah knows the best).

    The "gaaaooon" sound in third video inside cabin seems to be the loose joint in intake box as shown in figure. But I dnt know how to tight it.
    Dear Bro,
    Yes this causes sound to change, I also had this problem then in put tape around it, the sound was much much better now.
    I have been facing the problem of Mileage since i have brought my ride, it never gives more than 10.5 to 11 without AC. Tried each and everything, but no luck, I wonder i should stop trying to increase the mileage.

  20. #679
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Dear Bro,
    Yes this causes sound to change, I also had this problem then in put tape around it, the sound was much much better now.
    I have been facing the problem of Mileage since i have brought my ride, it never gives more than 10.5 to 11 without AC. Tried each and everything, but no luck, I wonder i should stop trying to increase the mileage.
    JazakAllah bro. Lets see by putting a tape around it.
    well so bad. My mileage easily goes to 15+ without A/C. Thats a real bad mileage u have There must be something wrong somewhere.
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  21. #680
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    JazakAllah bro. Lets see by putting a tape around it.
    well so bad. My mileage easily goes to 15+ without A/C. Thats a real bad mileage u have There must be something wrong somewhere.
    Yes please do update when you try it.

    The difference is huge everyone is getting 15, i am stuck on 10 so better say good bye to my ride and buy a new one .... God i loved my ride

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •