Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1076
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

    Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

    I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

    Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

    I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

    ================================================== =====
    Updates:

    1) Pictures of Engine bay

    2) Fog lights

    3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

    4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

    5) Console Armrest

    6) HIDs

    7) New RIMs and Tires

    8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

    With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

    Some Very useful discussions

    1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides


    2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)


    3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change



    4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT


    5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?


    6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)


    7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.


    8) Iridium vs copper plugs.


    9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

    10) Driving to Naran.


    ================================================== ====

    Major car part failures

    1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

    ================================================== ====

    Accidents

    1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.


    2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details


  2. #741
    PakWheeler Follow
    knightrider123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anyone????

  3. #742
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightrider123 View Post
    anyone????
    The TC nut is not the right one for what I have read from various posts etc. The filler hole is shown in the photograph here. My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -1111440My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -1111441


    The second diagram is from the Yaris forums site as mentioned by CTScott but I can't make it out clearly.

  4. #743
    PakWheeler Follow
    knightrider123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thankyou tyrone bhai
    ur a bit late to reply i jus changed my cvt oil today and i confirmed from ppl at toyota that they refill the cvt oil from the nut with tc written on it so i went on with it opened the pan underneath clened the filter with petrol refitted everything and refilled it .. everythings working fine MASHALLAH like a charm!
    And the pic shown here in the post the actual image posted by syed shoaib bhai when he changed his cvt oil u can see in it that its the same port where he refilled it u can guess that by the angle the pic is taken
    but thanks anyway for sharing the info

  5. #744
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightrider123 View Post
    thankyou tyrone bhai
    ur a bit late to reply i jus changed my cvt oil today and i confirmed from ppl at toyota that they refill the cvt oil from the nut with tc written on it so i went on with it opened the pan underneath clened the filter with petrol refitted everything and refilled it .. everythings working fine MASHALLAH like a charm!
    And the pic shown here in the post the actual image posted by syed shoaib bhai when he changed his cvt oil u can see in it that its the same port where he refilled it u can guess that by the angle the pic is taken
    but thanks anyway for sharing the info
    I don't think the nut with TC is the right place to fill it from. There was a very knowledgeable post here about transmission fluid change for Toyota vehicles trying to clear that misconception. Maybe someone with more experience will be able to comment. I just told you what I know and read.

    Here is the link below:

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...0-transmission

    Anyways, since you have already done it...lets see how it goes.

  6. #745
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahamid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightrider123 View Post
    thankyou tyrone bhai
    ur a bit late to reply i jus changed my cvt oil today and i confirmed from ppl at toyota that they refill the cvt oil from the nut with tc written on it so i went on with it opened the pan underneath clened the filter with petrol refitted everything and refilled it .. everythings working fine MASHALLAH like a charm!
    And the pic shown here in the post the actual image posted by syed shoaib bhai when he changed his cvt oil u can see in it that its the same port where he refilled it u can guess that by the angle the pic is taken
    but thanks anyway for sharing the info
    How much quantity of CVT fluid u had to fill up the chamber?

  7. #746
    PakWheeler Follow
    knightrider123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sir the whole 4 litres of cvt oil was put in

  8. #747
    PakWheeler Follow
    yyasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hi Mr. syed-shoaib,
    First of all i would like to say that its a very good and informative thread. Well done brother. I live in Islamabad and I just bought 2007 1.3 vitz and i learned a lot from this thread.
    secondly i have two queries,

    1- I tried GPS map link ( Pakistan GPS Maps. )many times but its not working, I m receiving error. please let me know if there is any other way i can get this card for Pakistan Maps.

    2- How can i remove all these Japanese songs from 40 GB HDD and copy songs of my own choice, because the whole thing is in Japanese language.

    Regards,
    Salman.

  9. #748
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyasir View Post
    Hi Mr. syed-shoaib,
    First of all i would like to say that its a very good and informative thread. Well done brother. I live in Islamabad and I just bought 2007 1.3 vitz and i learned a lot from this thread.
    secondly i have two queries,

    1- I tried GPS map link ( Pakistan GPS Maps. )many times but its not working, I m receiving error. please let me know if there is any other way i can get this card for Pakistan Maps.

    2- How can i remove all these Japanese songs from 40 GB HDD and copy songs of my own choice, because the whole thing is in Japanese language.

    Regards,
    Salman.

    Walikum asalam Brother,

    JazakAllah for liking the effort and its really nice to hear you've got vitz. Ma sha Allah drive safe and best of luck.

    Yes bro they have closed the website. I dont know the reasons. But you can try this blog: PK Maps &bull; Index page.

    Otherwise you can check products of: Navigation In Pakistan and ask them to provide you maps.

    You also contact shiekh Asim, the person who provided one of my contacts with the navigation unit and SD card loaded with maps. His contact no. is: 03455152266. He might be able to help you one this.

    If this all does not help try to contact some good car accessory shop and also try to to put your question in navigation thread.


    Now your second question lol. I have no idea regarding that Japanese thing. Try posting question in Vitz Fans threads. There must be a solution to this.

    Do keep us updated if you get solutions to these questions as they will help other searching for the same problem.

    best of luck,
    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  10. #749
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightrider123 View Post
    thankyou tyrone bhai
    ur a bit late to reply i jus changed my cvt oil today and i confirmed from ppl at toyota that they refill the cvt oil from the nut with tc written on it so i went on with it opened the pan underneath clened the filter with petrol refitted everything and refilled it .. everythings working fine MASHALLAH like a charm!
    And the pic shown here in the post the actual image posted by syed shoaib bhai when he changed his cvt oil u can see in it that its the same port where he refilled it u can guess that by the angle the pic is taken
    but thanks anyway for sharing the info
    Ahan nice. Toyota people did same to my ride and it's working well. I think TC port and the genuine filler port (where ever it is located) both end into same chamber. This topic seriously needs a new research.

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  11. #750
    PakWheeler Follow
    yyasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    JazakAllah Brother for your kind and prompt response.
    I will try to resolve these issues by following your guidelines and will share my findings soon InshAllah.

    Regards,
    Salman.

  12. #751
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dynamicallyStatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,290
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How much engine oil needs to be poured into vitz ? Somebody told me its 3 ltrs but a friend recently went to caltex pump and they poured in 3.5ltrs saying thats the usual amount they put in vitz. Can someone confirm ?

  13. #752
    PakWheeler Follow
    oakbar1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicallyStatic View Post
    How much engine oil needs to be poured into vitz ? Somebody told me its 3 ltrs but a friend recently went to caltex pump and they poured in 3.5ltrs saying thats the usual amount they put in vitz. Can someone confirm ?
    its 3 litres for 1.0 vitz 2007.

  14. #753
    PakWheeler Follow
    dr_saeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default error p1589- acceleration sensor learning value and sound of khar khar

    salam to every1... nice forum.....

    i have bought vitz 2006 5 months back and it was 60,000 km run.... i have 2 problems...

    1. when my car goes around 30-40 Kmph there is sound of KHAR KHAR..... its not knocking....... its like that engine is missing (one point to mention that i keep my foot low on accelerator while driving for better fuel economy)................. i have changed sparks plug, engine oil, air filter, oil filter but that sound is still there...... is it transmission problem??????... help me out

    2. my second problem came in last 5 days..... and is that, when i start my car there is no check light, but when i drive 10-15 m the engine check light blow up...... i faced no problem while driving...... i got the sensor check from computer and an error came "P1589 - ACCELERATOR SENSOR LEARNING VALUE"..... I ALSO GOT IT ERASED FROM SCANNER BUT IT CAME AGAIN AND AGAIN" ... I GOT THROTLE BODY AND MAF SENSOR CLEANED but no faida........ does anybody know about this P1589-ACCELERATOR SENSOR LEARNING VALUE.......... what is it............. plz help me.... thanx a lot

  15. #754
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaudhary9355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    AoA,

    bro this is a GPS antenna, not a GPS device. You require a GPS enabled device, for example a navigation enabled DVD player as installed in my ride. If you do not have it, you can also install in on your mobile if GPS is supported on it. Check this website:

    GPSMAP.COM.PK

    you can get the card for your mobile.

    regards,,
    I HAVE A gps enabled device but it requires map dvd .
    can someone please help me i want to activate its gps navigationMy new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -1136007My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -1136008My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -1136009
    i think the gps would be enabled but if i know what kind of maps are compatible . i will burn them on a dvd and
    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - icon14 if it works

  16. #755
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaudhary9355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    9) And here's the Toyota Genuine CVT Oil. Time to get it in.

    My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -370809

    10) Here we go! The last step. The technician first filled it until the oil started to drop from a hole under the hood. Afterwards he started the car and kept it running for some time in idle. When it became hot he put it in gear and accelrated it for some time. Afterwards he fed more gear oil to check if there is some more space remaining.

    My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -370812


    Thats it!! I have got new CVT Thanks to Allah. Allhumdulilah.
    aslam.o.aliekum
    i have a belta it has same engine and transmission i wanted to ask , how much oil to fill in after the process of draining and cleaning its transmission chamber . u said the mechanic kept on filling the oil until it started dropping from a hole under the hood , firstly from whichpoint di he filled the oil and secondly from where the oil started dropping after it was full , can u please tell me the location of both the points , thank you

  17. #756
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asifcae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,381
    Follows
    59
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    4
    Good Answers
    11

    Default

    nice ride man

    i also have vitz 2006 and i just wanted to know after how many km u change ATF... (gear oil) my car id CVT and i used gear oil from Toyota workshop. they said its good for 50K kms
    is that a fact????
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

  18. #757
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary9355 View Post
    I HAVE A gps enabled device but it requires map dvd .
    can someone please help me i want to activate its gps navigation
    i think the gps would be enabled but if i know what kind of maps are compatible . i will burn them on a dvd and
    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - icon14 if it works
    AoA bro.

    Hmmm bro I havnt yet seen this unit's map though there are many people who claim that it's correct Pakistani map CD is available. Check this link:

    NDDN W57 NAVIGATION CD/DVD - Lahore - Car Parts - w57 dvd

    I dont know if it's a hoax or not.

    There is also a beautiful blog on pakwheels regarding the solution to this issue:

    https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/2010/...p-cd-solution/


    Do update us with the results

    Best of luck
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  19. #758
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asifcae View Post
    nice ride man

    i also have vitz 2006 and i just wanted to know after how many km u change ATF... (gear oil) my car id CVT and i used gear oil from Toyota workshop. they said its good for 50K kms
    is that a fact????
    JazakAllah for liking the ride. Its nice to hear that you too have the vitz. According to manual the CVT should be changed at 40,000 Kms. But I think it's ok to drive till 50K They are right.

    Best of luck,
    regards
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  20. #759
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary9355 View Post
    aslam.o.aliekum
    i have a belta it has same engine and transmission i wanted to ask , how much oil to fill in after the process of draining and cleaning its transmission chamber . u said the mechanic kept on filling the oil until it started dropping from a hole under the hood , firstly from whichpoint di he filled the oil and secondly from where the oil started dropping after it was full , can u please tell me the location of both the points , thank you
    Walikum asalam bro.

    Well bro this is a very serious question and there is a big difference in between which port is the "real" filler port for CVT oil. We used the port which has "TC" written on it. Many users say that this is not the right port but still it works This port with "TC" is present on your right side wall of engine. (when u stand facing towards engine)

    The oil started to drip from same "TC" port as there was no place for more oil. It stopped sucking oil from the filling funnel. Almost all the 4L oil went in.

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  21. #760
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,331
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_saeed View Post
    salam to every1... nice forum.....

    i have bought vitz 2006 5 months back and it was 60,000 km run.... i have 2 problems...

    1. when my car goes around 30-40 Kmph there is sound of KHAR KHAR..... its not knocking....... its like that engine is missing (one point to mention that i keep my foot low on accelerator while driving for better fuel economy)................. i have changed sparks plug, engine oil, air filter, oil filter but that sound is still there...... is it transmission problem??????... help me out

    2. my second problem came in last 5 days..... and is that, when i start my car there is no check light, but when i drive 10-15 m the engine check light blow up...... i faced no problem while driving...... i got the sensor check from computer and an error came "P1589 - ACCELERATOR SENSOR LEARNING VALUE"..... I ALSO GOT IT ERASED FROM SCANNER BUT IT CAME AGAIN AND AGAIN" ... I GOT THROTLE BODY AND MAF SENSOR CLEANED but no faida........ does anybody know about this P1589-ACCELERATOR SENSOR LEARNING VALUE.......... what is it............. plz help me.... thanx a lot
    ohou! bro sorry I cant help as I am very bad at these mechanical issues. Try posting in "engine problems" and "vitz fanclub" threads. There we have so many experts to help you out. Best of luck.
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •