Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1076
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

    Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

    I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

    Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

    I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

    ================================================== =====
    Updates:

    1) Pictures of Engine bay

    2) Fog lights

    3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

    4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

    5) Console Armrest

    6) HIDs

    7) New RIMs and Tires

    8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

    With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

    Some Very useful discussions

    1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides


    2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)


    3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change



    4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT


    5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?


    6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)


    7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.


    8) Iridium vs copper plugs.


    9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

    10) Driving to Naran.


    ================================================== ====

    Major car part failures

    1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

    ================================================== ====

    Accidents

    1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.


    2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details


  2. #981
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    ohhhh! sad yar ...... I will recommend you to recheck mileage two or three times before reaching any conclusion. It is not necessary that high octane brings better mileage every time. Have u tried a "factory reset" through OBD ?
    I already have spent too much time in doing everything mentioned above...
    I think I should let this thing go now and enjoy the ride... Its a good ride though

  3. #982
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    ohhhh! sad yar ...... I will recommend you to recheck mileage two or three times before reaching any conclusion. It is not necessary that high octane brings better mileage every time. Have u tried a "factory reset" through OBD ?
    Whats OBD???

  4. #983
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Whats OBD???
    I mean have you found any error through computer check? OBD -> On Board Diagnostics ....

    Well forget it. I think, if there would have been an error there must be some indication on dashboard console.

    Its really strange yar
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  5. #984
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    I mean have you found any error through computer check? OBD -> On Board Diagnostics ....

    Well forget it. I think, if there would have been an error there must be some indication on dashboard console.

    Its really strange yar
    Yup OBD was performed by toyota as well as magic motors...
    I think its me not the car

  6. #985
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Yup OBD was performed by toyota as well as magic motors...
    I think its me not the car
    @Mortal
    I'll recommend to recheck the mileage two or three times.

    You would have observed that when we push the padal in vitz the engine starts to roar a lot..... the car picks its speed afterwards.... try to see... push the pedal and you will observe engine revolving on high speed (high RPM) and the motion of that engine will be transformed to car in some time. That time is the real part when petrol is sucked in without much distance covered. I always try to avoid this scenario by slow pedal press. Check if that time after the service you have done from magic motors has increased ? If yes than this might be the reason behind this issue.

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  7. #986
    PakWheeler Follow
    mafiaoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    116
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Whats the difference between 4.5 & 5 grade Vitz?
    I mean which grade is better in JDM cars....

  8. #987
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just a question?

    Is there a difference in mixing hi-octane and super? I was told that its better to do that due to the lower rating of petrol in Pakistan. It avoids carbon buildup on the throttle body?

    Can you pls advise Shoaib bhai

  9. #988
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Just a question?

    Is there a difference in mixing hi-octane and super? I was told that its better to do that due to the lower rating of petrol in Pakistan. It avoids carbon buildup on the throttle body?

    Can you pls advise Shoaib bhai
    Exactly Shoaib also follow this practise

    Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #989
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaoso View Post
    Whats the difference between 4.5 & 5 grade Vitz?
    I mean which grade is better in JDM cars....
    4.5 Grade cars have usually B-grade exterior and B-grade interior. Whereas 5 grade cars have A-grade exterior and A-grade interior.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  11. #990
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaoso View Post
    Whats the difference between 4.5 & 5 grade Vitz?
    I mean which grade is better in JDM cars....
    Obviously grade 5 is better bro.

    Explaination:
    Grade 4.0 and 4.5 are used for vehicles that are overall very good and need little work to make them look pristine. These vehicles are not perfect though, and will still have small scratches and pin dents etc.
    Grade 5 is reserved for new or near new vehicles that are in perfect condition. If you buy a grade 5 vehicles then you can expect it to be in showroom condition or very close to it.

    Source:
    Import JDM RHD Used Cars from Japanese Auctions & Car Dealers in Japan

    Best of luck
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  12. #991
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Just a question?

    Is there a difference in mixing hi-octane and super? I was told that its better to do that due to the lower rating of petrol in Pakistan. It avoids carbon buildup on the throttle body?

    Can you pls advise Shoaib bhai
    Yes its true bro. Our petrol is not that enriched. But I will say that high octane should be given to the rides who have knocking engines. Without knocking, high octane is just a waste of money.

    Explanation:
    What are octane ratings?

    Octane ratings measure a gasoline's ability to resist engine knock — a rattling or pinging sound that results from premature ignition of the compressed fuel-air mixture in one or more cylinders. Most gas stations offer three octane grades: regular (usually 87 octane), mid-grade (usually 89 octane), and premium (usually 92 or 93).
    Source:
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0210-paying-premium-high-octane-gasoline

    In Pakistan the normal grade is 87. I am assuming this because most bids on PSO website give number mogas - RON - 87 to their petrol.
    link for PSO:
    http://www.psopk.com/suppliers/tender_detail.php?tid=1666
    link for shell: ITB MOGAS-87 RON MIN (UNLEADAD)


    The oil rating for toyota 1kr-fe and other engines are given below:
    http://www.omkarmin.com/pdf/toyota-y...ors-277688.pdf

    See?? it is 95! We are using 87! bacharay engine

    More powerful engines tolerate low octane fuels. Less powerful engines really mind with less octane numbers. So 1kr-fe reacts more to low octane fuel than 2SZ-fe and 2NZ-fe engines.

    Final note: Hi-octane does not increase mileage. May be a little bit. But it is not made for increasing mileage. It might also not help in a "cleaned" engine i.e. it is not necessasry that you get less carbon deposits with high-octane. It might also not give you more power! I have seen people putting high octane and getting low mileage than normal octane. It just is mixed with anti-knocking compounds. So I recommend that if your engine knocks, go for high octanes. Other wise pasay bachao bhaio!

    *1kr-fe to baychara knock kerta hi hay Very fragile engine. 87 is too low for it.

    What I do: I usually get a 30-70% mix of high octane - normal petrol after two consecutive refills. By the way mine is 2sz-fe i.e. more tolerant to low grade fuel.

    Best of luck!
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  13. #992
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Yes its true bro. Our petrol is not that enriched. But I will say that high octane should be given to the rides who have knocking engines. Without knocking, high octane is just a waste of money.

    Explanation:
    What are octane ratings?

    Octane ratings measure a gasoline's ability to resist engine knock — a rattling or pinging sound that results from premature ignition of the compressed fuel-air mixture in one or more cylinders. Most gas stations offer three octane grades: regular (usually 87 octane), mid-grade (usually 89 octane), and premium (usually 92 or 93).
    Source:
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0210-paying-premium-high-octane-gasoline

    In Pakistan the normal grade is 87. I am assuming this because most bids on PSO website give number mogas - RON - 87 to their petrol.
    link for PSO:
    http://www.psopk.com/suppliers/tender_detail.php?tid=1666
    link for shell: ITB MOGAS-87 RON MIN (UNLEADAD)


    The oil rating for toyota 1kr-fe and other engines are given below:
    http://www.omkarmin.com/pdf/toyota-y...ors-277688.pdf

    See?? it is 95! We are using 87! bacharay engine

    More powerful engines tolerate low octane fuels. Less powerful engines really mind with less octane numbers. So 1kr-fe reacts more to low octane fuel than 2SZ-fe and 2NZ-fe engines.

    Final note: Hi-octane does not increase mileage. May be a little bit. But it is not made for increasing mileage. It might also not help in a "cleaned" engine i.e. it is not necessasry that you get less carbon deposits with high-octane. It might also not give you more power! I have seen people putting high octane and getting low mileage than normal octane. It just is mixed with anti-knocking compounds. So I recommend that if your engine knocks, go for high octanes. Other wise pasay bachao bhaio!

    *1kr-fe to baychara knock kerta hi hay Very fragile engine. 87 is too low for it.

    What I do: I usually get a 30-70% mix of high octane - normal petrol after two consecutive refills. By the way mine is 2sz-fe i.e. more tolerant to low grade fuel.

    Best of luck!
    Thanks for the wonderful explanation.

    My engine does not knock so shld I still go with octane mix or just petrol ?

  14. #993
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful explanation.

    My engine does not knock so shld I still go with octane mix or just petrol ?
    If your engine does not knock, than it clearly means your engine is tolerating the low octane fuel. You do not need to put high octane. It will be a waste of money. But on the contrary, as vitz engine is designed for 95 octane rating fuel, all what you can simply do is: Just mix some high octane in tank after two or three refills. That is enough for your engine.

    Remember! No knocking, No need for hi-octanes... If engine is tolerating than why invest more

    Important info: Caltex on their website say: Regular 92, Platinum 98 & Premium 95


    So if its true than Caltex Regular is the closest. Although I do not believe them But I am thinking to try them.
    best of luck

    By the way: Your engine is 1.0cc or 1.3cc ??
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  15. #994
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    If your engine does not knock, than it clearly means your engine is tolerating the low octane fuel. You do not need to put high octane. It will be a waste of money. But on the contrary, as vitz engine is designed for 95 octane rating fuel, all what you can simply do is: Just mix some high octane in tank after two or three refills. That is enough for your engine.

    Remember! No knocking, No need for hi-octanes... If engine is tolerating than why invest more

    Important info: Caltex on their website say: Regular 92, Platinum 98 & Premium 95


    So if its true than Caltex Regular is the closest. Although I do not believe them But I am thinking to try them.
    best of luck
    Thanks for the info bro.

    To tell you the truth in my previous Vitz 2007 and also on my 2007 Belta I had earlier never had issues with knocking as I used to always fill from selected Caltex petrol pumps.....so maybe the info you put up is true with regard to Caltex :-)

  16. #995
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Thanks for the info bro.

    To tell you the truth in my previous Vitz 2007 and also on my 2007 Belta I had earlier never had issues with knocking as I used to always fill from selected Caltex petrol pumps.....so maybe the info you put up is true with regard to Caltex :-)
    Hmmmmm right. This means most probably they are right. I'll definitely try them now Thanks for the info. Which ride you have now a days bro? Have you sold belta?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  17. #996
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Hmmmmm right. This means most probably they are right. I'll definitely try them now Thanks for the info. Which ride you have now a days bro? Have you sold belta?
    You're most welcome. I have Belta 1000 cc 2007 model still which I purchased in July 2012. Wanted to go for a 1300 cc car not sure which model but lack of funds

    Also fyi....I have been using Caltex on the recommendation of a friend who recently passed away. He was working for Hino for many years and well versed with auto sector and he recommended me to use Caltex....the best fuel in Pakistan. So on his advice I did and never had any knocking issues whereas I used to wonder how other people faced such issues..... and was my car special

  18. #997
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    You're most welcome. I have Belta 1000 cc 2007 model still which I purchased in July 2012. Wanted to go for a 1300 cc car not sure which model but lack of funds

    Also fyi....I have been using Caltex on the recommendation of a friend who recently passed away. He was working for Hino for many years and well versed with auto sector and he recommended me to use Caltex....the best fuel in Pakistan. So on his advice I did and never had any knocking issues whereas I used to wonder how other people faced such issues..... and was my car special
    Sad news. May Allah grant him Janat ul Firdoz and provide his family the strength to bear the loss. Ameen.

    Hmmmmm. This means my next refill is Caltex! sure shot thanks.

    Belta 2007 is no doubt an awesome car Drive safe. and my best wishes for the funds
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  19. #998
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Sad news. May Allah grant him Janat ul Firdoz and provide his family the strength to bear the loss. Ameen.

    Hmmmmm. This means my next refill is Caltex! sure shot thanks.

    Belta 2007 is no doubt an awesome car Drive safe. and my best wishes for the funds
    You're most welcome. Anytime . God bless you!!!!!

  20. #999
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    And I drove many many miles into KPK to reach Naran. I passed fallen rocks, landslides, one-car-at-time tracks, slipping glaciers, pressure waters and enjoyed every bit of adventure in my low ground clearance Vitz. The vitz proved itself a very reliable and strong companion! Allhumdulilah! Few glimpse from the adventure


    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  21. #1000
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Passing through a glacier with high speed and deep water flowing through it. My vitz engine started giving smoke (stream) after it, the number plate got broken and bottom engine bay lid cracked open. I switched its engine off after passing the glacier and it didnt restarted! Thanks to Allah it started after 10 minutes as water flew out of important parts. Great adventure! Bad for my ride though


    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •