Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1076
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import

    Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

    I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.

    Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.

    I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.

    ================================================== =====
    Updates:

    1) Pictures of Engine bay

    2) Fog lights

    3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.

    4) Steelmate two way Alarm System

    5) Console Armrest

    6) HIDs

    7) New RIMs and Tires

    8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console
    ================================================== =====
    Average:

    With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/L
    With normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/L
    With extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)

    Some Very useful discussions

    1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides


    2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)


    3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity
    3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change



    4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)
    4B) How to remove first CAT
    4C) How to remove second CAT


    5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?


    6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)


    7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.


    8) Iridium vs copper plugs.


    9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992

    10) Driving to Naran.


    ================================================== ====

    Major car part failures

    1) Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings
    1B) The water pump was replace. [price]

    ================================================== ====

    Accidents

    1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper
    and a little dent in body.


    2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.
    Total Bill: 42650 Rs. Click here for Details


  2. #101
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtaza_murti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,354
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Did you replace the gasket for the chamber and the o-ring that sits at the bottom of the drain tube inside the chamber?
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

  3. #102
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    Did you replace the gasket for the chamber and the o-ring that sits at the bottom of the drain tube inside the chamber?
    No. Nothing was changed. Every thing was cleaned and put back. Why? Is it a requirement?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  4. #103
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtaza_murti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,354
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    No. Nothing was changed. Every thing was cleaned and put back. Why? Is it a requirement?
    Wow, the guys at Toyota are indeed retarded.

    You should replace the two gaskets when you do a complete flush and replacement of the CVT fluid. Putting the old gaskets back in just doesn't make the job proper.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

  5. #104
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    Wow, the guys at Toyota are indeed retarded.

    You should replace the two gaskets when you do a complete flush and replacement of the CVT fluid. Putting the old gaskets back in just doesn't make the job proper.
    With the gaskit do you mean the seal on the bottom plate?
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  6. #105
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtaza_murti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,354
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    With the gaskit do you mean the seal on the bottom plate?
    There is a gasket/rubber seal that goes around the CVT fluid sump, the area which you've applied silicone to. That's the area where the gasket fits. the other one is the o-ring that goes beneath the drain tube that is located inside the sump.

    Here is a picture of both the gasket and the o-ring, the correct OEM part numbers are mentioned in the picture.

    My new ride Vitz 2006 Fresh import -372332
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

  7. #106
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well I have vitz 2007 1.0 , got the cvt oil changed but did not open the whole sump , we drained the oil by opening the drain nut and then the plastic tube was also opened by the L - key , oil was drained and refilled with the cvt oil as shown in the pic and everything worked out perfect. I think there is no need to open the whole sump other wise they would not have given the drain nut.

  8. #107
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @murtaza_murti
    Ahan. Actually they did it in a pakistani way :p They made a new gaskit with the help of silicon. Check these pics out.

    They first put the silicon like this.
    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 370803

    After it the they simply fitted the plate back. They waited for one hour to take silicon it's place as a seal or gaskit.

    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 370804

    Afterwards they poured oil in it. May be they didnt have the appropriate gaskit of vitz. So they used silicon instead of it
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  9. #108
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    Well I have vitz 2007 1.0 , got the cvt oil changed but did not open the whole sump , we drained the oil by opening the drain nut and then the plastic tube was also opened by the L - key , oil was drained and refilled with the cvt oil as shown in the pic and everything worked out perfect. I think there is no need to open the whole sump other wise they would not have given the drain nut.
    Probably you are right. If the drain nut is there why should we open it completely? But murtaza_murti bhai is saying that the manual says, we should change the gaskit also after 40,000 Kms. But we cannot change the gaskit without opening the chamber. So that means we have to open the chamber completely in order to change the gaskit.
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  10. #109
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 372332
    Murtaza bhai from where Do you know from where I can find this gaskit in Islamabad/Pindi area? Next time I will buy this gaskit and will not let toyota people use silicon instead.

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  11. #110
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtaza_murti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,354
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    @murtaza_murti
    Ahan. Actually they did it in a pakistani way :p They made a new gaskit with the help of silicon. Check these pics out.

    They first put the silicon like this.
    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 370803

    After it the they simply fitted the plate back. They waited for one hour to take silicon it's place as a seal or gaskit.

    My new ride Vitz 2006, fresh import - 370804

    Afterwards they poured oil in it. May be they didnt have the appropriate gaskit of vitz. So they used silicon instead of it
    Well, that's not the appropriate way to seal it back. Those are one of the reasons I never take my cars to Toyota or any 3S dealership for maintenance, 'tune-up' or even a check-up.

    I do everything myself, even if I have to replace the CVT fluid I would do it myself while following the proper procedure with OEM parts.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

  12. #111
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtaza_murti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,354
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Murtaza bhai from where Do you know from where I can find this gaskit in Islamabad/Pindi area? Next time I will buy this gaskit and will not let toyota people use silicon instead.

    regards,
    No idea about Islamabad/Rawalpindi. It's available here in Karachi though.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

  13. #112
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtaza_murti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,354
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    Probably you are right. If the drain nut is there why should we open it completely? But murtaza_murti bhai is saying that the manual says, we should change the gaskit also after 40,000 Kms. But we cannot change the gaskit without opening the chamber. So that means we have to open the chamber completely in order to change the gaskit.
    You have to open up the sump in order to flush and replace the CVT fluid the proper way. Whenever you open up the sump you'll have to replace the sump gasket and the o-ring.

    Toyota recommends transmission oil/fluid inspection in between every 25-40,000kms in serve driving conditions.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

  14. #113
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @murtaza_murti

    murtaza bhai may Allah grant you the best of the bests for the help you have provided here.
    I will try to find this in Islamabad.

    Best of luck in your life,
    regards
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  15. #114
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You can check with hamza Younas autos Azhar shaheed market rawalpindi tel no 051-5566603 for the gaskit

  16. #115
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tyrone_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    @murtaza_murti

    murtaza bhai may Allah grant you the best of the bests for the help you have provided here.
    I will try to find this in Islamabad.

    Best of luck in your life,
    regards
    Yeah I agree 100%. Very helpful guy.

    I too was wondering if they put a drain plug why open the entire sump? Coz you would still not be able to drain the entire 100% old cvt fluid out. I believe some still remains inside.

  17. #116
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahamid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Yeah I agree 100%. Very helpful guy.

    I too was wondering if they put a drain plug why open the entire sump? Coz you would still not be able to drain the entire 100% old cvt fluid out. I believe some still remains inside.
    Drain plug is there to inspect the fluid by draining a minute quantity

  18. #117
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Marschall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chowha saidan shah
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    Well I have vitz 2007 1.0 , got the cvt oil changed but did not open the whole sump , we drained the oil by opening the drain nut and then the plastic tube was also opened by the L - key , oil was drained and refilled with the cvt oil as shown in the pic and everything worked out perfect. I think there is no need to open the whole sump other wise they would not have given the drain nut.
    That is a bad practice if u have done that then probably ur new oil has now been mixed with the older one. If u have done it recently thn i wud advise u 2 follow the correct procedure as the whole transmission system can hold more thn 5 ltrs and when summers arrive the oil will xpand and out goes ur whole transmission i know this cuz this recently happened with me
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...on-oil-leaking
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

  19. #118
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Marschall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chowha saidan shah
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Btw that is very less silicon was that 1 tube?
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

  20. #119
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    You can check with hamza Younas autos Azhar shaheed market rawalpindi tel no 051-5566603 for the gaskit
    InshAllah I will keep the place in mind. Bohat jazakAllah and thanks
    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

  21. #120
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syed-shoaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marschall View Post
    Btw that is very less silicon was that 1 tube?
    Yes. Even not a complete tube. Just a small portion. The remaining tube (almost 75%) is still present in my ride's trunk . I observe the after effects closely on daily basis. There is no leak what so ever. Not even a single drop. It seems it will work fine for next 40,000 Kms God knows.

    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •