2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confused in buying Vitz 06 1.0

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <wunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <waveIfXMLInvalid>false</waveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size; mso-tstyle-colband-size; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-altin 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-marginin; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi PWs, especially Vitz owners (fan & non-fans)

I have Cuore 2003, CNG + Patrol right now. I am planning to sale it and buy Vitz 06 1.0. My budget is between 9-10 lacs. I am really confused. Some people say:

• Vitz 1.0 is not good economical option because you can’t install CNG in it and hence will have to drive on Petrol which will be heavy load on my pocket.
    • Maintenance will more expensive.
    • Vitz resale is not good.
    • Mechanics are not well trained for Vitz.
    • Honda City will be a good option as one can install CNG in it. It is local and mechanics are familiar with it. I can get a good City in this budget and it will not be heavy on my pocket

Personally, I like Vitz very much and want to buy it but above points have made me confused. Please share your experience and guide me what should I do. I want some satisfying answers of above points so that I can proceed on replacing my ride.

PS: Any other option....??

be sure to taste your words before you spit them out

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cannot guide you rightly because you want to enjoy luxury on one side and on the other you cannot afford it...make up your mind first...consider your pocket limitations and then come up again.I shall guide you accordingly

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should buy Vitz. Its a good car giving mileage of 15km/litre with ac in city.18 km/litre on long route. I am telling you mileage of my 2006 model fresh import. Eco system, climate control.
    Others may have different opinions.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    May Allah Help Us All....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

• Vitz 1.0 is not good economical option because you can’t install CNG in it and hence will have to drive on Petrol which will be heavy load on my pocket.
    • Maintenance will more expensive.
    • Vitz resale is not good.
    • Mechanics are not well trained for Vitz.
    • Honda City will be a good option as one can install CNG in it. It is local and mechanics are familiar with it. I can get a good City in this budget and it will not be heavy on my pocket

1. Vitz is a very economical car giving at least 14kms in city if properly maintained.
    2. Maintenance of all cars are expensive nowadays. Vitz parts are no doubt
    expensive but very long lasting if you go for OEM.
    3. Road side mechanics are no doubt unreliable but there are other good workshops who possess scanners and trained techs for Vitz and other electonic cars
    4. Resale I heard is good. I sold my Vitz 2004 with a profit and when I was buying it in 2007 people were telling me you won't get good resale
    5. Not in Honda City automatic 2006

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz is really economical to run IF you drive with a light foot meaning not harshly
    Secondly its a good car
    If it didn't have good resale nobody have been bought it
    no Honda City and Vitz ) 06+ have CVT transmission so no CNG in both
    Maintenance would be the same for both

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz has a pleasure drive and an excellent ac.
    My vote is for vitz.

May Allah Help Us All....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haaziq View Post
    Vitz has a pleasure drive and an excellent ac.
    My vote is for vitz.

I agree 100%

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well brother. It is a tough decision I know. Every one has his own preferences. Some people look at luxury, some at saving money. The best is the way to look for the best possible luxury affordable with your pocket.

Sir, the gas kits are best suited for manual rides. If you want to install gas it is better to go for some manual transmission ride. (Although people say that there are special kits for CVT but I have no experience of those)

Secondly, the mileage calculations of gas driven cars are always better than petrol cars. The two important factors in these are the "way you drive" and the "amount you drive". My vitz 1.3 has given me max 15.8 till now because I never accelerate quickly. I always turn off engine on longer traffic signals and stop points. Further, I bought vitz because my average drive per day is only 12 Kms. If a car on gas cylinder gives 150 Kms and that cylinder gets filled in 720 Rs. then this ride is giving us almost 4.8 Rs per every kilometer. If a car is on petrol and gives us 15 Km/L then it is giving us almost 6.7 Rs per every kilometer. This is not a big gap. But this gap will be widened if we drive more and more kilometers per day. For example the person who drives 10 Km daily, will spend 48 Rs and the one on petrol will give 67 Rs. It does not feel big difference still. But think if some one drives 30 Kms daily on average. He will have to spend 201 Rs. on petrol car which is very expensive when campared to 144 Rs. on gas. The more you drive the more will be the gap. So, you must consider both factors, "way you drive" and the "amount you drive" [Remember! I have been very polite in giving the mileages. It is very tough to get 15 Km/L from most of the petrol cars, and, most of the gas cars give far more kms on one cylinder (more then 150 Km as I have estimated) and many people drive more then 40 Kms daily. If you do 1500 Kms every year that will mean almost 41 Kms daily average.]

There is another problem for JDM engines. They are used with better octane number fuels in japan. So, you will have to mix high octane in it after few refills otherwise the you engine will knock. This will also increase burden on you pocket. [Due to this fact I bought 1.3 instead of 1.0 which has less tendency to knock due to low octane fuel]

And yes the parts are expensive too. Even the labor is expensive too. But yes, tyrone_40 bhai is right, if you will go for OEM they will last long. But while buying you will feel the dent on your budget.

Vitz resale depends on the place you are living\selling it. At the moment vitz is the best selling ride in imported cars in metropolitan cities. So, resale should not be a problem. But this is true that it is not as good as local cars.

Well yes the street mechanics are not very well trained at vitz. But there are good shops present which have all the skills required to maintain vitz.

Sir, Overall vitz is a very good car. You will surely enjoy every single second passed driving it (except the fact that it crashes on most of the speed breakers). Now, the decision (though very touch) is all yours

Best of luck,
    regrads,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <wunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <waveIfXMLInvalid>false</waveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size; mso-tstyle-colband-size; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-altin 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-marginin; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> My Cuore gives me around 215 km in full 55kg cylinder which gets full in around Rs.575/-

with CNG it is 215 km @ Rs.575
    1 km @ Rs.2.67
    My daily travel 30 km @ Rs. 80.1
    So my monthly fuel expenses Rs.80.1 x 31 = Rs.2483

Now in Vitz case I have learnt that It gives 14km/ltr which means

With Petrol 14km@Rs.100/-
    1 km @ 7.14
    My daily travel 30 km @ Rs. 214.29
    So my monthly fuel expenses Rs.214.29 x 31 = Rs.6642/-

So it means the difference is Rs.4159/- (please do correct me if I am wrong at any calculation)

In other words if my monthly routine travel is 1000km then it will cost me around Rs.7200/- on Petrol with Vitz whereas it is around Rs.2700/- now with Cuore on CNG, so the difference is Rs.4500/-.

The major consideration is all as above. Now please tell me if I go other than Vitz like Santro or Cultus (on CNG) what will be the difference chemistry.... Will you people still vote for Vitz.... please guide as I am in a bit hurry...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by butt74 View Post
    My Cuore gives me around 215 km in full 55kg cylinder which gets full in around Rs.575/-

with CNG it is 215 km @ Rs.575
    1 km @ Rs.2.67
    My daily travel 30 km @ Rs. 80.1
    So my monthly fuel expenses Rs.80.1 x 31 = Rs.2483

Now in Vitz case I have learnt that It gives 14km/ltr which means

With Petrol 14km@Rs.100/-
    1 km @ 7.14
    My daily travel 30 km @ Rs. 214.29
    So my monthly fuel expenses Rs.214.29 x 31 = Rs.6642/-

So it means the difference is Rs.4159/- (please do correct me if I am wrong at any calculation)

In other words if my monthly routine travel is 1000km then it will cost me around Rs.7200/- on Petrol with Vitz whereas it is around Rs.2700/- now with Cuore on CNG, so the difference is Rs.4500/-.

The major consideration is all as above. Now please tell me if I go other than Vitz like Santro or Cultus (on CNG) what will be the difference chemistry.... Will you people still vote for Vitz.... please guide as I am in a bit hurry...
    The calculations are very close to 100%. The only strange thing for me is that your cylinder gets filled in 575. Because the cylinder in my father's Honda city 2010 gets filled in more than 700 Rs.

Sir, I have driven Cultus for almost 4.5 years. I had Cultus Vxli 2008. It used to give me around 180 Kms.

If you are sure what you have written, i.e. the mileage of Cuore then this is the best mileage I have ever listened to.

Sir, I have told you. If you want luxury and enjoyment of driving a real, good, strong car then I will vote for vitz. But if you cannot afford this luxury it is better to switch to other rides.

There is no need to hurry. Wait for few days. Just let other pakwheelers answer you. Afterwards make the decision.

Best of luck,
    regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@syed-shoaib - very nice clarification re Vitz

Just one thing, when you say stop and start at long signals etc, won't this cause wear & tear on the ignition / engine due to frequent stopping and starting. What do you think?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    @syed-shoaib - very nice clarification re Vitz

Just one thing, when you say stop and start at long signals etc, won't this cause wear & tear on the ignition / engine due to frequent stopping and starting. What do you think?
    JazakAllah bro,

Sir this does not mean I stop at every signal. In Islamabad, I have one signal which is almost 4 minutes long. I reach it two time a day, except saturdays and sundays. Whenever I reach it and I know that there is a long time remaining I simply shut down the ride.

The ignition should not be very frequent. But stopping it on long signals is a very good tool to get good mileage. With this I never say you should start and stop again and again. Because when you start the car, the first kick off takes more fuel. So, if the duration is not long, it will waste the fuel instead of saving it.

regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, you cannot compare a santro to vitz! seriously, thats an embarassment for the Vitz.

As far as your stress on petrol/gas affordability, I have a vitz 06, gives me 11.5 km/l MAX, and oh yes I drive with a heavy foot, in karachi traffic. . Also my daily running is abt 50-60 km in this car only.

Coming to the point, yes it might be a bit heavy on your pocket if you compare it with the running cost of your coure, but then again.. both these cars are in totally different leagues.

If you want a manual CNG car go for city 06-07, if you want a less driven JDM auto on petrol, go for vitz 06.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for city with CNG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in that range you can import 06 vitz with 1.3L same engine came in corolla...put that on Cng or moj kero

btw Usarwar owns 06 vitz with 1.3 according to him....he is getting above 18km/L in city

put that on cng
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

otherwise...Buy hyper valve city 2002 shape ....if you have city in mind
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can't install CNG in vitz and that's the only negative point about it
    and as a matter of fact, CNG might not be available in future, if current circumstances prevail
    so if you need to run your car on CNG then go for 2006 city idsi, highly economical car.
    and if you like vitz and if your budget allows, then keep the cuore and buy vitz as a second car, but only if your budget allows you

BTW, a little off-topic, what is your demand for your cuore?
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rozzzzz View Post
    in that range you can import 06 vitz with 1.3L same engine came in corolla...put that on Cng or moj kero

btw Usarwar owns 06 vitz with 1.3 according to him....he is getting above 18km/L in city

put that on cng
    Yes rozzzzz bhai is right. You can find the vitz with 2NZ-FE engine. It does not contain CVT. It has simple 4AT transmission hence the CNG can easily be fitted. The only problem is that this version of vitz is four wheel drive and hence is not fuel friendly. But you can easily remove the junction rod to make it simple 2 wheel drive machine. That will be really great for you.

Usarwar bhai's ride giving 18Km/l ?????? Wow. Has he done any modifications?

regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    Brother, you cannot compare a santro to vitz! seriously, thats an embarassment for the Vitz.

As far as your stress on petrol/gas affordability, I have a vitz 06, gives me 11.5 km/l MAX, and oh yes I drive with a heavy foot, in karachi traffic. . Also my daily running is abt 50-60 km in this car only.

Coming to the point, yes it might be a bit heavy on your pocket if you compare it with the running cost of your coure, but then again.. both these cars are in totally different leagues.

If you want a manual CNG car go for city 06-07, if you want a less driven JDM auto on petrol, go for vitz 06.

Will city 2006-07 available in this budget...??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers