Vitz 2006 - general problems people face (and im facing :( )
There are few issues i am facing with Vitz 2006. I am sure you guys would be of great help to me. :
1. It is giving me around 10km/litre which is pretty bad. I had my throttle body and MAF sensors cleaned and air filter changed. Still i dont feel much of a difference.
2. Can toyota motors tell me the exact mileage of my car through the use of computer? Because 10km/litre is only a rough estimate
3. The silensor body vibrates a lot (making a horrible noise) when the car is on a stand still and the transmission is on D. but when i shift to N, it doesnt vibrate. It actually is embarassing when anyone else is sitting in the car. Should i tie the dholki to the car with a rope or sth so that it doesnt vibrate?
4. When the car is 15-20km driven and i press the brake, a sound comes just at the last moment im pressing the pedal. Could it be the brake shoes? it is driven 37200 kms and i havent had the brake shoes changed yet.
5. How often should i use high octane with premium fuel?
6. How do you apply the Cosmic car polish?
I would be grateful if you guys would help me solve these problems.
Regarding fuel average my vitz driven 55000 km is giving me around 12 city driving which is good enough considering traffic jams / routes etc. clean air filter makes hell of difference in mileage. The silencer sound common problem same as u explained come from the spring bolts of the rear silencer , get the bolts oiled from the silencer work shop problem will be solved. Sound from brake is from the rear pads , I have got them changed , then cleaned them once the sound disappears but comes back again after a couple of days. Fail to understand what else to do so have decided to live with it. Knocking in city driving is controlled by driving the car in S mode , a little compromise in mileage but u r done with the knocking.