Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By salash

Thread: Vitz 2006 - general problems people face (and im facing :( )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2006 - general problems people face (and im facing :( )

There are few issues i am facing with Vitz 2006. I am sure you guys would be of great help to me. :

1. It is giving me around 10km/litre which is pretty bad. I had my throttle body and MAF sensors cleaned and air filter changed. Still i dont feel much of a difference.

2. Can toyota motors tell me the exact mileage of my car through the use of computer? Because 10km/litre is only a rough estimate

3. The silensor body vibrates a lot (making a horrible noise) when the car is on a stand still and the transmission is on D. but when i shift to N, it doesnt vibrate. It actually is embarassing when anyone else is sitting in the car. Should i tie the dholki to the car with a rope or sth so that it doesnt vibrate?

4. When the car is 15-20km driven and i press the brake, a sound comes just at the last moment im pressing the pedal. Could it be the brake shoes? it is driven 37200 kms and i havent had the brake shoes changed yet.

5. How often should i use high octane with premium fuel?

6. How do you apply the Cosmic car polish?

I would be grateful if you guys would help me solve these problems.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regarding fuel average my vitz driven 55000 km is giving me around 12 city driving which is good enough considering traffic jams / routes etc. clean air filter makes hell of difference in mileage. The silencer sound common problem same as u explained come from the spring bolts of the rear silencer , get the bolts oiled from the silencer work shop problem will be solved. Sound from brake is from the rear pads , I have got them changed , then cleaned them once the sound disappears but comes back again after a couple of days. Fail to understand what else to do so have decided to live with it. Knocking in city driving is controlled by driving the car in S mode , a little compromise in mileage but u r done with the knocking.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List