Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help required for A/C service of Toyota Vitz 2004 in Lahore

Dear PakWheeler Friends,

I have recently bought Toyota Vitz 2004 (registered 2007). It is doing good so far and as summer has arrived so I am planning for A/C service. I have checked and A/C and blower working good but as I don't know when it was serviced last time so thinking to give it a try.

I went to Toyota Township Motors Lahore and asked for A/C service and they said its charges would be 7K and I was surprised and decided to not go for it and first ask PakWheelers. I have a few questions:

1- If A/C is working good then is it really required to get it serviced?
    2- The blower sound in last points is too much, is that a problem or it is normal?
    3- Why A/C gas is always discharged when it is serviced? why can't they service without discharging because gas costs a lot.
    4- How much ideally should it cost for Vitz 2004 complete A/C service as 7K looks too much?
    5- Any honest, good and economical A/C experts in Lahore? I have experience of Ahmed Car A/C and Noble Car A/C with my old companion Khyber but they are too expensive but their work was good.

Looking forward to have good response on the above questions. Thanks in advance!

* The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits *

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess these are very simple questions - but no one wants to answer :-(

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by quaidian View Post
    Dear PakWheeler Friends,

I have recently bought Toyota Vitz 2004 (registered 2007). It is doing good so far and as summer has arrived so I am planning for A/C service. I have checked and A/C and blower working good but as I don't know when it was serviced last time so thinking to give it a try.

I went to Toyota Township Motors Lahore and asked for A/C service and they said its charges would be 7K and I was surprised and decided to not go for it and first ask PakWheelers. I have a few questions:

1- If A/C is working good then is it really required to get it serviced?
    yes it need service after every couple of years , first of all the evaporator is all blocked with dust and it need cleaning , second the ac dryer also blocked with carbon and it need replacment , third is the expansion valve which also develop some blockage , and both of these things result in putting heavy load on engine , situation will be worst if expansion valve is blocked
    2- The blower sound in last points is too much, is that a problem or it is normal? its because the evaporator is blocked with dust and it need cleaning , dont clean it with castic soda / acid ,
    3- Why A/C gas is always discharged when it is serviced? why can't they service without discharging because gas costs a lot. well there are professional tools to save that gas and later put it back , but there are more junk in those machinese then in the ac system , so batter fill new refregrant always ,
    4- How much ideally should it cost for Vitz 2004 complete A/C service as 7K looks too much?i think its all reasonable , local shop will also take atleat 5 to 5.5K and gave poor quality work ,
    5- Any honest, good and economical A/C experts in Lahore? I have experience of Ahmed Car A/C and Noble Car A/C with my old companion Khyber but they are too expensive but their work was good. no idea, i will say batter buy all the tools and do all that on your own instead of relying on illiterate guys
    Looking forward to have good response on the above questions. Thanks in advance!
    you must flush the evaporator /condencer and all the hoses with CTC or carb cleaner spary ,,,,,,,,,,,,fill the right oil in the right quantity ,,,,,,,,,,,3-3.5 ounce per pound of gas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,change of dryer is must , dont open the seals of dryer till its ready to fit , ask him to use the old dryer during pressure check the system ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks "agoodfriend" for responding to my questions. I am also a subscriber of your PakWheel thread where you rebuilt a Suzuki Cultus from the dead condition. I really appreciate your expertise and deep understanding of automobiles. I will indeed consider all of your suggestions. Keep doing good work and keep sharing the true knowledge.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by quaidian View Post
    Thanks "agoodfriend" for responding to my questions. I am also a subscriber of your PakWheel thread where you rebuilt a Suzuki Cultus from the dead condition. I really appreciate your expertise and deep understanding of automobiles. I will indeed consider all of your suggestions. Keep doing good work and keep sharing the true knowledge.

i wonder what toyota dealership would charge you for this knowledge.
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Generally I have heard that people don't recommend going to Toyota people because they charge a lot. I also visited Toyota Township and found that their rates are very high specially the spare parts. I assume there are other good technicians who understand the Toyota as better as Toyota own people and also they charge less.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats the problem , where to go what to do almost every experiance is bad be it dealership or roadside mechanic
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you were in karachi i would have hooked u up with the best guy by the way blower sounds normally loud on 4th dont worry
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CarSaaz View Post
    thats the problem , where to go what to do almost every experiance is bad be it dealership or roadside mechanic
    well you ever heared this famous sentence "jab tak ache families kaa larka larkiya film industry me nahi aya gaa tab tak hamare film industry bather nahi ho gee"....................same is the case with mechanics,,,,,,,,,,i always suggest buy tools , follow instruction manuals and try to do all that on your own ,,,,,,,,,,this PWs forum is also a nice place to lean and share problems/experence,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we should indeed learn from you "agoodfriend" - you are a very good example for people like us who are totally dependent on mechanics.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    well you ever heared this famous sentence "jab tak ache families kaa larka larkiya film industry me nahi aya gaa tab tak hamare film industry bather nahi ho gee"....................same is the case with mechanics,,,,,,,,,,i always suggest buy tools , follow instruction manuals and try to do all that on your own ,,,,,,,,,,this PWs forum is also a nice place to lean and share problems/experence,,,,,,,,,,,,,

very good approach , i wish i had the time and patience for the same

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

true case in Pakistan that our general tech people working commercially are not proper professionals, its because of many factors including our general mindset of "haath ganday nahin karne"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

true case in Pakistan that our general tech people working commercially are not proper professionals, its because of many factors including our general mindset of "haath ganday nahin karne"

I always say, bhai haath tau ganday hongey bhalay ink se ho ya grease se.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aantherax View Post
    if you were in karachi i would have hooked u up with the best guy by the way blower sounds normally loud on 4th dont worry
    please give us that best guy contact details for karachi guys !!
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro Contact Glassier Motors
    Contact Person: M. Salman 0345-4052007
    4, Rasool Park, Samanabad - Lahore.

I have been getting ma Car's A/C serviced from them from last 5 years and i can say they are good in their business...

I got ma Civic serviced from their on Saturday and 2.OD on Monday... both are now working very good.....

He will charge you Rs. 2,500 for full A/C service, A/C Radiator Wash, Gas-refilling and blah blah..... i gave him Rs, 2,200 cause he knows me well.
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sjehsan Yes I have seen their shop on "Ganda Nala" have not tried them yet.

OK - here I am going to share with you guys something very very interesting:

Today I went to Ahmed Car A/C in Allama Iqbal Town as they are very close and hardly 1KM from my home. They are very famous in Lahore and you can easily see their sticker at back of many many cars in Lahore. I also mentioned earlier that I had good past experience with them though they are bit expensive.

I actually wanted to check their pricing for my Vitz A/C servicing. I met the proprietor and asked about my car A/C servicing. He said he would like to check the A/C working first and I said why not. He detached the dashboard drawer and pulled a tray out ... believe me it was like a HELL, totally black and full of dust - very bad condition. He told me that it is actually cabin filter and it stops the dust to reach to evaporator. He said the previous car owner didn't bother to check and replace it timely. He removed the filter from tray and fitted TOYOTA genuine cabin filter and inserted the tray back to its position. Then he asked me to test the A/C .....

voila, it was running like a charm and the heavy sound of blower was also gone and it was feeling very smooth. He told me that the evaporator and blower both are OK and your car doesn't need A/C servicing yet and advised me to replace filter after 9000KM and get it cleaned every couple of weeks. He charged me only 800/- for the cabin filter and it took hardly 15 minutes to get the job done.

I argued with him that its common to get the car A/C serviced every couple of years then why it is still not needed for my car and he replied that basically one of the major work item in A/C servicing is getting the evaporator cleaned and as there is a cabin filter in Vitz which protects the evaporator from getting dirty so this is not needed yet because evaporator is all fine.

This was something very new interesting and specailly cost saving for me :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A car with Cabin filter do not need servicing of evaporator and infact saves money in keep A/C performance good.
    Unfortunately in Pak cars are not provided with cabin filters so many people go for servicing every year

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lucky u bro!! thats good to know.. that they are quite fair with their work... koi or hota to zaberdasti service ker k Paisay banata!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What I have learnt is, don't go to TOYOTA workshops as they simply suck. We should always trust our own proven mechanics and workshops. A few days back when I checked with TOYOTA Township, the guy without looking at any thing in car said that car A/C service would cost 7000 Rs. without parts and I can easily imagine that their bill including parts would be around 10,000/- for only A/C service .... oh my God.

If an A/C doesn't need a service then why they are going to service it and also charging huge amount. Frankly speaking I am very much impressed by Ahmed Car A/C so I would recommend others in Lahore to give him a visit before getting anything done with their car A/C.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List