0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz 2006 problem

I have toyota vitz model 2006, there are a few things and issues that I need advice on.

I bought this car on 26K mileage and now it is around 46K mileage. From the start the engine always gave knocking sound, which was quite high in the beginning, but on recommendation of Toyota motors I used Caltex petrol which reduced the knocking alot, it still knocks but only sometimes. So first I need to know how I can get rid of this knocking sound.

My second problem is that when I went to murree and on steep roads, the knocking was loud and my car gave out black smoke from the exhaust pipe. I also saw that the engine oil had reduced after about 3K Km. I use ZIC A+ as engine oil. I get the oil changed at around 4K to 5K. I have shown the car to a few mechanics and they say that the piston rings might be weak and I need to get them replaced.

Also the check engine light comes on sometimes, but it goes away again, do you think this could be an electrical fault?
    Can anyone give me some expert suggestions on this and also give answer to my questions below.

1) Where do you recommend that I can get 100% genuine parts for vitz in Islamabad/Rawalpindi besides the toyota dealership.
    2) Does anyone know a good vitz engine mechanic in islamabad/pindi
    3) Where can I get computer/scanner checking of my vitz besides the toyota dealership?

Expert suggestions are welcome.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lately there are plenty of complaints around for ZIC fluids so before you panic over the recommendation of some Niswar Gutka Sutta USTAAD do following:

1.) Change engine oil to Shell Helix HX5, change to oem oil filter. 2.) Get throttle body cleaned 3.) change or clean spark plugs get adjustment for ignition timing.
    use car for few hundred kilo meters then go for compression test.

occasional smoke is due wrong ignition timings, bad engine oil while knocking a. bad fuel, b. wrong timings

For EFI mechanic sharafat near bank Alhabib in sultan da khoo Pindi comes highly recommended by few.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for the detailed suggestions, the ignition timing you mention is the timing belt? Since someone also told me that the knocking problem can be caused due to the timing belt as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ignition timing is controlled through the distributor.

Only for information - Defective timing belt means hardcore problems engines stalls die out. Timing belt does not get damaged so conveniently however OEM suggest replacement every 80,000 kms.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please do as capsat suggested.
    also try using hi-octane instead of simple fuel. i use it on 50:50. (hi-octane + petrol) there are many users who use/recommend different ratios. knocking problem will go away.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@capsat do you recommend getting it done from toyota motors, if toyota motors then which one according to your suggestion is a better dealership in isl/rwp, the Toyota Rawal motors is closer to me, alternatively I can go to the I-9 sector or G-6 sector motors as well.

Also I asked where I could get genuine parts for vitz other than toyota dealrship.
    Frankly I am a novice in this regard, therefore I am really thankfull for all your suggestions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One thing that I did not mention was the pick of my car has reduced alot and sometimes it doesnt pick up speed quickly even if i push the accelerator pedal hard

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK - if you read my signature line we could have saved plenty of bandwidth and expansion of thread

well for the pick up.... - before you do anything else change the transmission fluid and replace the transmission oil filter - search with tags VITZ, Auto, transmission oil change, - it is been posted by a member in pictorial illustration. the sump was removed after draining the fluid wiped clean with lint free cloth filter replaced and sump re-installed a seasoned Moderator/Member STORM & SPECTRA send an email requesting for help he can guide you better for Islamabad / RWP reliable people to work with.

i did not said any dealership at all. The only name i gave is of Sharafat saheb in Pindi he seems reasonably skilled for EFI cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm This Much driven engine should not need new rings.

Go for Compression test this will clear a lot of things.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

remove the catalytic converter, run your car on hi-octane, it is built to run on hi-octane fuel, and yes throttle body cleaning, you can do it at home

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used the vitz from last 3 years and initially i have the same problem .... Kher Knocking is the problem in all 1000cc vitz .. You can use half hi-octane and half petrol for vitz .. that knocking was due to petrol rating difference in Pakistan & japan .
    Remaining i recommend you a mechanic who will totally satisfy you. Go to Auto Club I-10/3 near Mobilink MSC ...where they have number of mechanics , You ask them for Saleem. He is the perfect person for Imported cars and i am 100% happy with his work. Remianing it's upto you ...Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ capsat: sorry i didnt notice that, im sure i wont make the same mistake next time ,
    @mohsinqpk: thankyou for the mechanic recommendation i will definitely try him

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use Hi-Octane, 30:70 or above...knocking issue will be resolved. Secondly, I tuned up my PASSO (Throttle body, replaced plugs and injector cleaning) from NAZIR AUTOS (G-8 sector)... though they charged too much, 1500 for tuning only but there work seems satisfactory. If you can afford it then try it...I was also suggested by another friend who owns VITZ and he was v.much satisfied with NAZIR AUTOS...
    Drive Hard or stay Home............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@engineer1: can you give me the contact number of this nazir autos

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer1 View Post
    Use Hi-Octane, 30:70 or above...knocking issue will be resolved. Secondly, I tuned up my PASSO (Throttle body, replaced plugs and injector cleaning) from NAZIR AUTOS (G-8 sector)... though they charged too much, 1500 for tuning only but there work seems satisfactory. If you can afford it then try it...I was also suggested by another friend who owns VITZ and he was v.much satisfied with NAZIR AUTOS...
    Nazir Autos got Ultra Sonic Cleaning? If not than you wasted your money...
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have an argument here to who ever says that knocking problem in vitz is due to the petrol rating difference in pakistan and japan then how come other cars imported from japan dont have that problem.....even what about honda accord or camry...they have bigger n better engines than vitz....even most vitz and belta do not have that problem....i fail to understand how this can be possible...anywayz thank you all for the recommendations

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a prado 2700 petrol is used on simple petrol usually filled from dispenser which is filling motorbikes because bike owners know which fuel station with particular dispenser is selling NEAR correct quantity of petrol. like wise a merc e350 18000 km old is running on the same ordinary petrol with zero problems The myht of Hi-Octane is .... Chewing Gum

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

heavy knocking can be caused by carbon deposits in the combustion chambers. As the cars are old and come with zero maintenance records its a possibility.

There are some cleaning agents that are used, but none are available off the shelf in Pakistan.

Driving with extremely light foot and using for short distances also causes such deposits to stick, It is vital and crucial to rev the engine to high rpm under load once in a while.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i did some PATAKHA cleaning by changing plugs cables on friday morning for long run on petrol silencer spitted good soot & 30 liters of petrol gave me comfortable 300 Kms run with aircon between KHI & Uthal onwards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

99.99% of the imported cars have reversed odometers so exact mileage could be any body's guess (i think condition of plugs might give some indication of actual mileage ), here is what you should do :

-- get throttle body and injectors cleaned (see my thread on it ... i did it myself once but would not recommend you .. there are sensors and small seals which are a bit tricky to remove/clean and delicate, if damaged, can cause some expenditure ... my vitz (previous car) with a guaranteed 13000km odo reading (personally imported by someone)had one chocked injector in 6 months due to poor quality of fuel and filters in pakistan .... i did the job with normal carburator cleaner spray and it worked

--- i'm certain this will give you a major improvement, still put some hi-octane .. recommended ratio is 1:4 or 1:5 but for once u may use 1:2 ratio

--- now change air cleaner (genuine only)
    --- change timing belt if for some reason u find out that the car has actually done 100k-km or near to it
    --- change transmission oil only if the transmission is giving u a prob (like being heavy, noisy, heating, etc)
    --- change plugs if required

Lastly
    -- do not use any off shelf injector cleaners .. they damage seals
    -- if the smoke is black nothing wrong with engine keep compression check option for some other time
    -- you can clean CAT, the process is available on net (if i remember correctly xulfiqar explained it in detail sometime ago).. don't think of removing it
    ---When engine light is "on" the car automatically reduces pick and smoothness, this is a safety feature .. read on net
    -- i hope your battery is good as these cars give annoying symptoms on weak battery
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List