0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz 2006 problem

I have toyota vitz model 2006, there are a few things and issues that I need advice on.

I bought this car on 26K mileage and now it is around 46K mileage. From the start the engine always gave knocking sound, which was quite high in the beginning, but on recommendation of Toyota motors I used Caltex petrol which reduced the knocking alot, it still knocks but only sometimes. So first I need to know how I can get rid of this knocking sound.

My second problem is that when I went to murree and on steep roads, the knocking was loud and my car gave out black smoke from the exhaust pipe. I also saw that the engine oil had reduced after about 3K Km. I use ZIC A+ as engine oil. I get the oil changed at around 4K to 5K. I have shown the car to a few mechanics and they say that the piston rings might be weak and I need to get them replaced.

Also the check engine light comes on sometimes, but it goes away again, do you think this could be an electrical fault?
    Can anyone give me some expert suggestions on this and also give answer to my questions below.

1) Where do you recommend that I can get 100% genuine parts for vitz in Islamabad/Rawalpindi besides the toyota dealership.
    2) Does anyone know a good vitz engine mechanic in islamabad/pindi
    3) Where can I get computer/scanner checking of my vitz besides the toyota dealership?

Expert suggestions are welcome.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by obaid.u.khalid View Post
    I have an argument here to who ever says that knocking problem in vitz is due to the petrol rating difference in pakistan and japan then how come other cars imported from japan dont have that problem.....even what about honda accord or camry...they have bigger n better engines than vitz....even most vitz and belta do not have that problem....i fail to understand how this can be possible...anywayz thank you all for the recommendations
    its not the fuel but a tuning issue as i explained above ... chocked injector seems to be the culprit here
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA

I've the same model vitz 06 and problem is "ABS" and "handbreak lights" are continuously "on" since after getting car service from honda site

Pls advice what to do and if you have car's user manual then send me query at
    owais.dk19@rocketmail.com

Thanks for your support

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@capsat & @naweed, I recently changed the spark plugs, the previous ones were pretty worn out, so I assume 46K isnt the actual mileage of my car....i change air cleaner with every oil change and try to get it cleaned as much as possible....based on your valuable suggestions I am thinking of following these steps right now:

1) Change engine oil to Shell Helix HX5 alongwith oil filter, and air filter. Will you recommend an engine flush along with oil change? If yes then what product can be used for engine flush?
    2) change transmission oil alongwith filter,
    3) get throttle body cleaned,
    4) and spark plug cleaning
    5) Try the Hi Octane ratio you recommended

Can you guys tell me if the transmission oil and gear oil the same thing? I mean to ask if changing the transmission oil or changing gear oil the same thing?
    Also do you recommend getting fuel filter cleaned/changed as well.
    I am also planning about getting the fuel injectors cleaned...

Thank you for the suggestions again....your answers to my remaining queries will be welcome.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur car has a knocking issue : nothing to do with transmission oil, engine oil, hi-octane, and a few more things
    try to resolve it
    what causes knocking ?
    improper fuel burning

ingredients

fuel and air

related parts
    fuel filter, fuel tank
    air filter, air passage
    plugs (u put new)
    related sensor (throttle body is a part which has sensors)
    injectors .. fuel lines
    exhaust
    coils (current for plugs) ..
    ecu
    battery

now think of the problem area
    yes, trans and gear oil are the same things

and do not flush ur engine ... u r likely to get a blow with mileage already covered
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't think vitz has a replaceable fuel filter .. there is a strainer in fuel tank and i've seen cars (other models) with real dirty strainers but generally this is done when ur car has serious knocking like an earthquake jolts or when car seizes to start .. in routine go thru things one by one .. this one comes after injectors and throttle body

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by owais19 View Post
    AOA

I've the same model vitz 06 and problem is "ABS" and "handbreak lights" are continuously "on" since after getting car service from honda site

Pls advice what to do and if you have car's user manual then send me query at
    owais.dk19@rocketmail.com

Thanks for your support
    just a blind guess " a connection seems to loose or short (related to ABS)" most likely in the wheels portion as this a service station mis-handling

I think vitz has two connectors under neath .. the wiring goes from rear wheels and then their is connector in the middle of body which has wires passing thru for abs, hand break ... how do i know or remember this : can't say but this hand break light thing after service i've seen before and vaguely remember the issue was resolved when connection was cleaned and joined back

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother get ur fuel filter n pump cleaned n ur knocking issue will be reduced greatly , my experience dun replace it just open it , n clean it thoroughly wid petrol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its fuel filter n pump both can be replaced individually , but dun replace em , clean em n use da genuine 1z as long as possible

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ owais 19 , have u recently replaced ur car's wheel barings ? its abs sensor is in the wheel barings as a magnetic signal , if u have installed a bearing widout dis sensor ull have dis issue or if u have installed da baring in opp direction , da magnetic sensor syd facing opp , ull have both abs n epc prob n chk lyt as well , as both ov these sys rely on dis same sensor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

eps* sorry mistyped bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    @ owais 19 , have u recently replaced ur car's wheel barings ? its abs sensor is in the wheel barings as a magnetic signal , if u have installed a bearing widout dis sensor ull have dis issue or if u have installed da baring in opp direction , da magnetic sensor syd facing opp , ull have both abs n epc prob n chk lyt as well , as both ov these sys rely on dis same sensor
    before service no abs / handbreak light meaning working ... after service abs and handbreak light meaning not working ... what u stated cannot be employed here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naweed: my car has other small problems besides the knocking issue which i mentioned at the very start of the thread but still thank you for all the suggestions. I read your thread regarding cleaning of throttle body and fuel injectors....I simply cannot do that myself, do you recommend getting them done from Toyota Rawal Motors or someone else in pindi/islamabad. 2-3 members have recommended me a few mechanics in isl/pindi.....
    @salmanrasheedpsh thank you for your suggestions as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i did it myself as i was in quetta then and didn't know any good mechanics .. here i'm not sure .. i'm also planning to get my lancer injectors cleaned so let me know if u find a good mechanic

come over sometime .. i'e if u live in islamabad an i'll give u advise on whatever issues u r facing .. i'm not an expert so second opinions are highly recommended ..

P.S: when i get busy in my routine work i do not check back on all the threads i've replied so don't mind it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have toyota vitz model 2006, there are a few things and issues that I need advice on.

I bought this car on 26K mileage and now it is around 46K mileage. From the start the engine always gave knocking sound, which was quite high in the beginning, but on recommendation of Toyota motors I used Caltex petrol which reduced the knocking alot, it still knocks but only sometimes. So first I need to know how I can get rid of this knocking sound.

My second problem is that when I went to murree and on steep roads, the knocking was loud and my car gave out black smoke from the exhaust pipe. I also saw that the engine oil had reduced after about 3K Km. I use ZIC A+ as engine oil. I get the oil changed at around 4K to 5K. I have shown the car to a few mechanics and they say that the piston rings might be weak and I need to get them replaced.

Also the check engine light comes on sometimes, but it goes away again, do you think this could be an electrical fault?
    Can anyone give me some expert suggestions on this and also give answer to my questions below.

1) Where do you recommend that I can get 100% genuine parts for vitz in Islamabad/Rawalpindi besides the toyota dealership.
    2) Does anyone know a good vitz engine mechanic in islamabad/pindi
    3) Where can I get computer/scanner checking of my vitz besides the toyota dealership?

Expert suggestions are welcome.
    Buddy go to Sultan ki khoo and ask for Arshad Auto Electrican. He is one of the best for JDM cars. If you pay him a visit you are going to find all the port cars there for wiring and meter reversal. That guy is a real guru when it comes to this. I was having a problem with Throttle Body and ECU in my Civic. The stupid losers at Honda 3S on Peshawar Road quoted me a bill of Rs 100,000/- for new throttle body installation,ECU repair and wiring. I went to him and he did this whole stuff for less than 15K in total which included complete rewiring of my car,new qabli throttle body installation and clean up and ECU repair. When I was there a recently imported Vitz was there with its engine out and 3 of his mechanics doing the rewiring. He has got almost the same apparatus as you find with nonsense mechanics in Honda and Toyota 3S dealerships. Get your car checked by him on my recommendation. Trust me you wont be disappointed.
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naweed: sure thankyou for all your suggestions, i will definitely try to give u a visit sometime, i will get in contact with you.
    @smoke87: thank you for the recommendation, i am going to try him out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naweed & @capsat: this is what I have done until now:

I went to sultan di khoo and got the throttle body + spark plugs cleaned i.e. normal tuning, the pick has improved and the car is driving much better, the knocking is still there.....
    I went to Mr. Sharafat as told by Capsat, he is a really nice person and good electrician, although he does not have the computer checking facility. I also asked him to clean the fuel injectors but he said that I should not do this as they have original seals and should not be opened, can you please tell me if he is right, and do you think i should get the fuel injectors cleaned? Do you recommend that I just take them out and clean them with simple petrol?
    Toyota motors said that they just pour some fuel injector cleaner in the fuel tank and it automatically cleans the injector, i dont think this is a good idea.

Now i am planning to get the engine oil+ filter and transmission oil changed tomorrow, can you please let me know if the transmission filter also need to be cleaned. Also if it is recommended to remove and get the transmission oil filter cleaned?

18. 17-10-2012, 03:22 PM

19. 17-10-2012, 03:26 PM

20. 17-10-2012, 03:30 PM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naweed & @capsat: this is what I have done until now:

I went to sultan di khoo and got the throttle body + spark plugs cleaned i.e. normal tuning, the pick has improved and the car is driving much better, the knocking is still there.....
    I went to Mr. Sharafat as told by Capsat, he is a really nice person and good electrician, although he does not have the computer checking facility. I also asked him to clean the fuel injectors but he said that I should not do this as they have original seals and should not be opened, can you please tell me if he is right, and do you think i should get the fuel injectors cleaned? Do you recommend that I just take them out and clean them with simple petrol?
    Toyota motors said that they just pour some fuel injector cleaner in the fuel tank and it automatically cleans the injector, i dont think this is a good idea.

Now i am planning to get the engine oil+ filter and transmission oil changed tomorrow, can you please let me know if the transmission filter also need to be cleaned. Also if it is recommended to remove and get the transmission oil filter cleaned?
    .. the only way to be certain of clogged fuel injector is obd diagnosis test .. if u have doubts on original seals ( i don't know any seals are there) go for this test costs around 1000/-
    .. do not do it yourself .. petrol will not clean it .. you have to clean it with battery connected a bit tricky and might cause you loss of injectors which are real expensive .. there are o rings which also get damaged if not done properly and will at least require you to go to mkt and hunt down
    .. before doing something with transmission oil why don't you get its level and condition checked may be it doesn't require a replacement .. again a word of precaution this gear box is quite sensitive to over-heating and if damaged costs a lot like 80000/-

ONE LOGICAL QUESTION FROM MY SIDE : if a car has factory sealed injectors and is showing symptoms of clogged injector what would the mechanic / electrician advise .. ?? not to do it .. my guess is that he doesn't know or doesn't want to do it .. as i said it is tricky and any wrong step can be really expensive .. get 2nd opinion

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

read injector cleaner on net .. look for .. is it safe to use injector cleaner

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naweed: from what I have studied regarding injector cleaners used with fuel (i.e. pouring them in the fuel tank) is not recommended by specialists, it will do the job but can cause damage to other parts.
    I have also studied + seen a lot of DIY fuel injector cleaning, but I will not risk doing it myself. I am not sure where to go and get that done... some people also suggest ultra sonic injector cleaning which unfortunately isnt available here in isl/pindi.
    Also I wanted to tell you that i recently changed the spark plugs they are Denso Iridium spark plugs and I used them for only 4000Km, but when the electrician took them out, the tip was very brown in color like rust, many ppl do not recommend cleaning them with sandpaper(raigmaal). Plus the gap was quite big, the guy(electrician) said that it must be around 14 and right now it is 22, so he reduced the gap as well. Do you think that is the right thing to do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

.. one thing is certain that any off shelf injector cleaner doesn't clean injector .. it boosts the burning ng giving good feeling and might even reduce knocking in ur car temporarily but what are its effects on parts not designed to face such heat or chemical acidity .. ?

... the plugs come with preset gap of 1.0 you may call it 10 but never heard this 22 .. allowable limit for vitz is 1.0 to 1.1 .. may be there is some inch and mm conversion

.. iridium tipped plugs are not cleaned with sand paper the best thing to do is use carb spray or wd-40 .. that is all even avoid cloth use air pressure to clean afterwards .. aur nahi to "foonk" maar dein ..

if ur piston or rings were weak then ur plugs would have oil deposits ... carbon deposits or rust (as u call it) on new plugs show improper combustion resulting in knocking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List