0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

any idea about a 1300cc vitz.^^^

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^what about it?
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

saw a 2004 1300cc vitz today with beige interior. according to the car dealer a 1300cc vitz runs better on cng than a 1000cc vitz. what is ur analysis. is this really possible. should i buy a 1300cc or a 1000cc when looking for good fuel consumption on cng.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it's not that the 1300 runs better it's just that there will be more power overall in the 1300 weather on petrol or CNG so they think they run better on CNG. however since it is 1300 it would be safe to say the when on CNG it will be producing approx the same power as a 1000cc on petrol,.. so you are enjoying the economy of CNG without the power loss.

personally i think it's a false economy. you are better off sticking to the 1.0 version as the real benefits of the 1.3 would be if you intend on racing it or something.

however if you are willing to spend money why not go for the 1.4L D4D, it's a beast (crazy torque).
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    Wat'll b the price tag of D4D 1.4l vitz?? 2002 model?
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

Thanks storm bhai always good advice from u. im not relly interested in racing a vitz, so i think ill stick to the 1.0 version.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitzrulez
    no clue, but approx 2-3 lacks more than a similar petrol (1.0) version.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    Dnt tell me yar 2 to 3 lakhs more. I thot 1.5 lac more. Any how thanx for info.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@logitech
    yar i have a 2006 vitz n read about it online that it shud give 22 km/l but my average isnt going above 14 km/l. Anybody have a fair idea wat all to do to improve this? anyone who knows where i can find 1kh-20 denso iridium power plugs for my vitz. Why would removal of the cats improve the fuel consumption? wats the science on this? and yes does anyone experience a bad tuttering noise from their engine when giving a very less throttle in high gear? wats with that guys?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TheCommunicator, storm and adnan34
    thanks fellas, now i'd also get my CAT removed asap, currently i am getting round 460-480 km for a full tank in city (without ac).

I have to remove the cat that is near the the maf sensor, right? (my understanding is that the dholki under the front seats is actually a muffler and it should not be removed)
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I'm correct the dholki right under the front seats below the car is the CAT convertor that has to be removed. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Secondly, is it a major expensive job to replace the Timing chain/belt as I wil have to do it for my car soon. Any risks if you dont change it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys i just bought a 06 vitz, its the new shape. Some questions that come to my mind and noone seems to know the ansers are as follows:

1. Accelerate a lil (not more then 10 kph) in D(drive) and take ur foot off the paddle, then when the car starts to decelerate put ur foot on, just a light press , a very light DUKK sort of noise will be heard from the engine, again take ur foot off, when car starts to decelerate, again press n u will hear that deepthroated small birp noise again...wat is that noise?

2. Drivin in the D (drive) when the car shifts into 3rd and u wana take ur foot off the race due to traffic now when u press it again at speeds like 40 to 60 kph , the car will start knocking badly, Tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk n it keeps doin that, my mechanic says its the dirty petrol, but ive tried shell, total, Pso , n the same thing happens.

3. The car is giving me 14 km/l , is this an OK average? coz the toyota japan site says it shud be 22 km/l, so am i missing something here?

4. Which is the best oil and spark plug for the new model vitz?

5. Wat does the transmission mode S and B stand for in this newer model? ive downloaded the owners manual but its in japanese and it does say something about those modes but i cant understand it. Some bloke on another forum was sayin that S stands for start and B for boost but i seriously tend to disagree with the bloke.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stingray
    1. sounds like you may have a loose engine or gearbox mount

2. either you have a dirty fuel filter, dirty injectors or possibly a dirty air flow sensor. Hopefully it is NOT your torque converter.

3. 22km/l is possible if you drive it at approx 70-80 on level ground. otherwise you shoudl be getting approx 14-15 in "real world" driving.

4. everyone has their own prefference for oil so you'll get many different answers. as for plugs i always suggest basic single tip plugs with the correct plug gap.

5. not too sure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

I think im becoming a fan of urs mate. anyways some more queries regarding the new vitz.

1. Wts all the discussion abt the 3 way catalytic converters which are normally referred to as CAT here i think. why r people removing them and wat is the benefit of removing them?

2. My engine or gear box mount could not possibly be loose because i got myself this car direct from the importer( just 8000 km run), its never ever been fiddled with im pretty sure abt that n it was a 4.5 grade with the last inspection done in japan, however still if i gotta have it chekced where shud i get it checked from in peshawar? the toyota uys dont know crap abt it.

3. The denso site says that 1kh-20 iridium power plugs will give a betterment of 5% on fuel efficiency on this model.

4. Anyone using mobil 1 oil? does it realy hold till 12000 km?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stingray
    1. catalytic converters are situated in the exhaust system to help remove/convert harmful gasses from the engine into harmless gasses. Sadly the high lead contet in our fuel leads to the failure of the cat (which is a very fine honycomb to maximise surface area). When the catalytic converter fails the honeycomb gets blocked and the exhaust gasses are not able to escape freely (imagine breathing in from your mouth and out from a straw).

2. I know it's rare but sometimes something can get knocked out of place during transport. In my vitz a bottle dislodged itself on the truck and was hanging in the engine bay, i noticed it a week or so after i got delivery. You should ALYWAYS check all the nuts on your car when you get it, just take a corretly sized wrench and go around the car tightening all the bolts you can see. You'll be surprised to see how loose they get over time. I do this on every car i get and they are almost always slightly lose. Just be careful not to over tighten the bolts.

3. i have a hard time believeing this 5% claim on these sites. I also wanted to try these claims out and went nuts looking for IK-16s for my surf (eventually sourced by ailiahaider@pw in KHI) and there was 0% improvement in fuel economy and performance. Only advantage was that the plugs will last longer and can handle the high heat in the engine.

4. I use mobil1 in my mercs and we usually get it changed every 5000-6000km MAXIMUM as pakistan has a very dusty environment (specially with all the construction in ISB) and alot of the very fine particles can bypass the air filter and make their way to your oil. However i know of people who run their mobil1 for 10000km with no worries. i'm just overly cautious, so running the vitz for 10000km on mobil1 shoudl ot be an issue at all (i'm also thinking of switching my vitz to either semi-synthetic or synthetic soon)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    Good info bro
    so how do i judge whether i shud remove my CAT or not(any tests) plus do u know any places in peshawar or islamabad where i can get it removed without the bloke knockin down half of the rest of my car.
    Secondly the transmission mystery P R N D-S B still remains that wat does S and B stand for.....is there any wizard out there who can enlighten us with his superior knowledge?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm and other experts ,,
    yar me n my mamu were having discussion about some car and the car grade we came to an answer awl cars driven under 25k come in the 5A grade and manny people over here say merri gari 8000 4.5A hai merri garri 19000 4.5A hai i also asked babar omer a showroom guy on pakwheels even he made corrections for a platz he was selling driven 19 k .................wats the grading criteria and where is it written on the auction sheet.......
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm bhai ,, one more question, can i have some initial modification done to my vitz ..........like air intake(filter only ),,,some spark plugs better then k-16r,,,,,,,,,,and can the plug wires be changed??????? i dunt want to add a muffler booster........just some things mentioned above can these be added without causing any harm?????
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have installed NGK BKR5EGP (platinum tip), but i couldnt notice any increase in mileage. i paid Rs.1500 for a set of 4. the guy (mechanic) said that they will increase performance, and mileage but there wesn't any difference at all.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ and thoose toyota denso k-16r are only for 450 for a set of 4 hehehehe merra mechanic acha hai saste mein jaan **** gai.....how much do u guys get the air filter for i remember getting one for 180,,,,but last tym my mechanic sujjested to go for the malaysian it was 300.......

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List