0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faisal

1. where does the humming come from?
    2. the Overdrive button thing is a myth, all it does is leaves you stuck in 3rd for longer (can't shift to 4th). most idiots over-rev their engines.
    3. seems your mechanic needs to go back to school. almost every manufacturer changes the belts routinely. the only thing which doesn't need to be changed is in those cars which have chains. belts wear out & get hard over time.
    4. this is common in the vitz, it has somethign to do with a bad fuel tank sender, i'd suggest you ignore it instead of replacing it as the part is rare and expensive.
    5. the tyre guide is a few pages back.
    6. if your car is already hitting speedbreaker i'd suggest avoiding sideskirts. also without a front air dam sideskirts serve almost no purpose.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faisalameer
    As i m not dat much expert may be stom aka Sameer bhai might help u. But as far i know is as follows.
    I hav done 156km/h on ma vitz 03 on highway from Dik to Peshawar. There was no such issue of sound. It might be some thing which wud be loose and it started vibrating at such a high speed.
    Was ur car bubbling, was ur stearing vibrating after 100km/h?
    There is no problem wid ur OD its same in all cars. Mine is also like dis.
    Forget bout these paki mechanics. When they dnt know any thing. They suggest u a wrong path.
    There is no problem in ur metre. Mine is also the same. It actually gaves u the reading when u are driving. But when u switch off ur car, the petrol goes back to its position, therefore it gaves u dat reading. Later on when u drive the car then it gaves back the less bars reading.
    For side skirts they are not dat expensive. U can get them on 1800 to 2000 rs. 1200rs is the paint job for it.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faisalameer

Regarding the petrol bars reading i find that it also changes when going up and down slopes, esp. when 2 barsare left it goes upto 3 bars. Then after driving for some time it goes back to 2 bars. Ignore it.

@storm

Do the vitz (old shape) have timing belts or chains? I thought it was timing chain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faisalameer
    these are the tyres sizes. I think they are according to the owners manuals. Told by storm bhai.
    13's
    155/80R13=578mm (originals)
    165/75R13=578mm (perfect match)
    175/70R13=575mm (near-perfect match)
    185/70R13=589mm (a little wide but can be fit)

14's
    165/70R14=578mm (perfect match)
    175/65R14=583mm (a little tall but acceptable)
    185/60R14=578mm (perfect match)
    195/55R14=570mm (a little smaller than ideal but can be fit)
    205/55R14=581mm (a little wide but can be fit)

15's
    175/55R15=574mm (near-perfect match)
    185/55R15=585mm (a little tall but acceptable)
    195/50R15=576mm (near-perfect match)
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone tell me about cat converter
    cat converter remove karne se pick main fark parta hai ya nahi......

reply plz.........
    DrOp iT LikE itz HoT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40
    as far as i know the 1SZ-FE has a internal chain but the belt i was reffering to was the one on the out side.

@vitzrulez
    the correct term is "wobbling" (as in to wobble). the word you used has been created by our jahil mechanics and would describe something soapy water does.

@waqitariq
    this has been discussed numerous times in this thread.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ SAMEER BHAI

i m really confused about the timing belt of my vitz its almost 170K driven uptil now 2 years since i got it should i changed the timing belts or others in the bonet what do you suggest pls guide :s
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, @vitzrules, @tyrone_40
    First of all thanks a lot for you all for your concerned replies.
    @storm
    it seems to be comming from driving seat side door shade, or somewhere near about, not sure.
    also i felt it when going to murree and raced it over 90kmph. But anyways it seems harmless, though not sure.

Sorry its my mistake i should mention it chain, i did belt instead, I changed the belt which runs all over the engine, it was cracked. I bought that for 2800/- at that time.

I think i'll go for;
    175/65R14=583mm (a little tall but acceptable)
    or
    185/55R15=585mm (a little tall but acceptable)
    as my car is little low and its hitting speed breakers.

@Vitzrulez
    No there was no bubbling at all, drive was smooth it was just that noise which was annoying me, it might be harmless.
    thanks a lot for your explanation about typre sizes i may have missed it in forum.

Just one more thing which is annoying me whenever i turn the AC on and push accelrator slowly i hear a sound from engine. AC cooling is fine.

Thanks
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shirazkhan
    change the rubber belt on the left side of the engine (outside), do not worry about the one inside the engine.

@faisalameer
    1. sounds like your window rubbers are a little "tight" or if you have "airpresses" they might be the reason for this noise (wind buffeting)
    2. in that case your guy is right, a chain is good for a loooooong time.
    3. 185/55R15's are a good height, but please note that with an incorrect offset rim you might have rubbing issues on the insde of your fenders (only on maximum turn).

always here to help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    Thanx! I also heard it from a mechanic. lolz!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sameer bhai... the timing belt technology has been replaced with a timing chain....which is the head of the car i suppose........secondly the belts out side the engine ( which are visible and running with the engine)......as far as i noe one is called the fan belt and the other one is called a/c belt........these arent timing belts........(correct me if wrong)
    and as far as i researched, timing chains need not to be changed till 150k miles or 200k miles............
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti

vitz has just one big belt for all (fan, a/c or whatever).

nice nick, i am from chiniot too.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    indeed in the 80's it became common for timing to be handled by chains as they are less suseptible to damage, wear and stretching. the outer belts are NOT fan belts as they no longer attach to fans (most fans are electric). now they are reffered to as serpentine belts (and a few other names), yes you are correct to point out that these are NOT timing belts either.

Your research is correct in terms of timing chain intervals, but if upon inspection they are ok they are not to be changed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm,
    Before finally goin for the Kchi registered Vitz from @alta, i 'm still hoping to get some better one from punjab. Did you buy a Kchi registered one from @alta ? I've heard that it is not good to have Kchi number on Punjab roads, as traffic police will frequently check your papers etc. Is that right ?
    Plz also check your mailbox.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^don;t go go for karachi registration, yaar when u can find aloot of car in punjab then who mad go to karachi to rip off....
    WhEn ThInGs Go WrOnG, DoN'T Go WiTh ThEm.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    when i said to buy a vitz from alta in KHI i meant an unregistered one. yes i bought my vitz (and Surf) from alta, he's honest, reliable and very funny.

BTW he is one of pakwheels "official car dealers".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    Yar i think when storm aka bought his cars from alta then u shouldnt go any where else. Coz i dnt think any one else will be much curios bbout his cars then him. lolz!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

True.
    Problem is now to get an unregistered car from @alta; as in my last talk with him, he told me of having only khi regd. cars in my budget range.

I still have about three weeks or so to decide. So will take my time, and will keep bugging you with my sometimes, if not always, dumb questions. Sorry for that.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If ur budget is low then i wud straight away prefer khi registered car. Bcoz here cars are cheap then other cities. No probs at all, ask any question any time...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All

Does anyone know the function of the "shift lock" button?
    1. Live and LET Live !

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List