0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

I replaced my original stock tyres today with Dunlop Le Manns 185/70/R13 as per your recommendations given in the previous pages. Haven't put alloy rims yet due to lack of funds, but since my stock tyres were almost finished I had to at least change the tyres. The guy at the shop said by using this profile the car will also rise by about an inch. Just a question, will putting alloy rims add an extra load to the car alongwith these tyres?

Secondly, won't removing the CAT with the O2 sensor in the 2003-04 vitz cause the engine check light to come on if not done by a professional. Will the roadside silencer guys be able to do it?

Once again, thanks a lot for all your help/advice regarding the tyres

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm, sameer bhai u dont need to say sorry to me yaar.........i thought u had already corrected it wen i posted the prices i got at that nite.........kheir they are orignal ones not japani.........japani's are lil low on quality......and vice versa...........

well one more thing to disturb u hehehe...
    i havent removed the cat convertors yet got my car at 51k driven now its almost 72k......and the car run smoother it was geting a lil hard ...........but i cleaned the plugs and it got better but still i think the car with a/c has troubles climbilng steep slopes ...........is it tym to get the cat convertors out my cars giving an average of 10km/l (350-360 km..on 35liters).........before rims it gave me around 10.5 to 11 km/l.....with a/c..........
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    who told you the jap ones are of a poor quality? they are ideal for the car, the other ones are too hard and cause premature wear to the drums & discs (though they last longer)

due to our fuel and the heat in this country in summer we need to regularly clean our plugs i guess as mine also tend to get carbon deposits very quickly. it's easily done at home for almost no cost. still i'd suggest you get your cat opened now, by now the local fuels have blocked the hell out of it due to the lead etc. i'm sure your average will improve if you drive it like you used to before you had rims after this.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ sameer bhai ,, well my mechanic said these are better .....no one else did ...........and my mechanic is lyk he used to tune cars .......and tune Jeeps pajeros, LCs, CJ-7s etc. for rallyies and all so all our cars are monitored by him there was this tuning shop near pakistan motors he worked their hes not well known now as money tawks.......and atleast i go with his suggesstions........so dats y!!! baqqi ill go tomorrow for he cat thingy.....ive got a lot of tools as like to do minor things my self (may it be the cars or some small work in the house).i dunt have welding tools werna i would have tried the cat thingy my self
    Well ure rite abt that plugs thingy as i like to save money on things which can be done easily.........well im a bit of a caraholic or wat ever u say so wen these small problems occur i intend to fix em my self........i do get things wrong some times but thats how v learn na!!!!!!!!!!
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40
    OEM size tyre is 155/80R13 which equals 578mm (overall height)

the ones you fit are 185/70R13 which are 589mm (which is 11mm larger in overall height). now if we put our thinking hats on we can clearly see that an increase of 11mm in overall height would mean 5.5mm on each side which would mean on a HIGHLY inflated tyre the car would be 5.5mm taller but since we are not filling the tyres to 90psi there will be some flex which will lead to only about 3mm ride height (maximum)

now go slap your tyre guy and tell him his daddy says to go get a job selling chuddis.

as for rims, yes they will add to the unsprung & sprung weight (unless you get some REAL good rims) and will therefore lead to a decrease in performance, heavier handling, slower braking and poorer fuel economy etc.

as for the cat, i've removed mine and many people have done it (without damaging the sensor) and none of us have had a check engine light. please go to a professional, these roadside ustaads are where they are for a reason, they are monkeys with basic tools.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    4x4 pads are usually ALOT harder than car ones because they have to deal with alot more heat & kinetic energy. i guess the details have blurred for your mechanic over time and he's forgotten that the vitz weighs so little and requires a softer pad to scrub off speed.

I hope he is ready to contribute for a set of discs when his suggestion ends up damaging your ones (will cause deep grooves and uneven wear).

still, if the brakes are ok with you i'd suggest you use them now as there is nobody who will take them back now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

You made me burst out laughing when I read your explanation about tyre height and our uneducated tyre guys inspite of it being their field of work. Just out of curiosity since I put 185s from 155s tyres won't it affect the suspension in any way?

Secondly, would you recommend Toyota to have the CATs removed? I'm not aware of anyone else unless someone here can recommend a professional.

Thanks once again the drive on the Vitz is excellent and feels good now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TYRONE

TOYOTA guys won't remove the CAT from ur car...because i hav asked once and they denied saying this that its against company policies to remove CAT from any car..As we already knw Altis is also euipped with CAT now...strange naa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@speed_manan

Oh Great! I guess we have to look elsewhere then?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ sameer bhai

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -836085

u hav removed ur CAT from this part of the car...which is also called headers + sensor part ?????????

i m very confused...where the CAT really is ??
    i hav free flow silencer in my car...there's only one dholki in my car now..which is of TRD(the last one) bas aur kuch nai...!!!

Headers aur yeah abhi bhii hai...lol
    CAT is mein hai nah????
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -836085

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????

+ my mechanic (expert) told me this that ur CAT haven't been blocked..because the flow of exhaust at the back is OK.......and i also hav been using HI OCTANE from the very first day

i'm getting 10km/l these days with AC
    really confused yet wht to do

sameer bhai i hope u don't mind..of asking my one stupid question again & again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tyrone

yeah buddy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm
    U were talking about minimeet of Isb/Rwp vitz owners... wat abt tha? place date time ????

@sunn2sunny
    Howz ur ride doing after Toyta Capital visit? I hope it must be okay...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40
    yes the larger tyres will weigh more but they are within the tolerances of the car since even the T-sport has the same suspension (just lowered a bit).

toyota is the worst place to remove the cat.

@zahoor
    i'll not take the lead/responsibility for the meet, maybe another ISB vitz/belta/ecco/platz member would like to call the meet instead.

@speed_manan
    that big swolen part of the header is the catalytic converter. please tell the so-called expert that there is no way he can tell if the cat is blocked or not (as a percentage) untell the internals are removed from it. also if he is an expert then why dose he not know what a cat is even when he is holding it? If even one honeycomb is blocked in the cats matrix then the system is giving too much back pressure. so even though gasses are coming out the back it's possible that the car is being choked.

using hi-octane has nothign to do with the cat as even that is leaded fuel and it is the lead which kills the cat because the lead particles get stuck to the cat and cause it to overheat and melt (causing the blockage)

BTW an average of 10 in traffic with the AC is not too bad honestly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

155/80R13=578mm
    I was unable to figure out as to how does this calculation work?

R13=13" rim
    155=tyre width(mm)!?
    80 =???

How does it equals 578mm ?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the simple formula is this.

to calculate the overall height of a 155/80R13 would be approx like this:

Formula=((155 x .8)2) + 330.2

(124)2 + 330.2

248 + 330.2

578.2mm

155 is the width (width)
    .8 is the percentage of the width (profile)
    330.2 is 13 inches in millimeters

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    now i hope you now appreciate all the calculations i've done for this thread on page 112....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

thankzz sameer bhai,now inshallah i will remove the CAT from my car as soon as possible. 10km/l is not bad but i want to hav the best millege that i can get from the car.

thankzz again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^always welcome buddy, let me know if i can help further at any time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sure sir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    We always appreciate u jus bcoz of ur hepfull and expert opinios.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List