0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the prompt reply storm....who should i go to for getting the throttle body and cat removed?

I will also get my sparks checked to see if there is any buildup...if there is then I will get the whole service thing done...sound good?

by the way...what should i tell the mechanic abt the cat? i mean how many are they? is it just one cat that needs to be removed? will he weild it something?

as you can see...im very possessive abt my car...but can u blame me? its my first

oh...and i do listen to the radio alot...its part of my job

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not too sure about the cat in KHI but you could ask altamash about his mechanic. altas number is 03332135567.

for your plugs, get a set of plug removing tools and plug gapping tools and do it at home with a soft cloth. as far as i know the correct gap is .8 (or is that 0.08,.. getting old)

not too sure about the exact location on the new vitz but it's ALWAYS the first unit in the exhaust system. no welding should be needed. most mechnics just stab it and break it with a piece of metal (saria).

it's good to know you are possesive, shows you have respect for it. enjoy it,.. looking forward to pics.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm @amoizp

Thanks for the advice regarding the engine clean. I serviced the engine bay and now its looking much better and I told the guy to use less water there.

What are the benefits of doing steam cleaning rather than the normal spray that they use?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

the gap & the plugs i mentioned before were the NGK's

plugs BKR5EYA 2087
    1sz-fe ENGINE
    4 cylinders
    0,8 gap

this is what a found on the net on a pdf document for the toyota recommandation on the plugs for its vehicals

dont go for the denso k16r they r crap :s i m really anoyyed by the pick :s

PLEASE tell me how uy guys clean ur engine bay at home & what do u do at the service station to ur engine bay

if i tell the bloke to spary the oil on the engine bay it hardly survives 5 days after that its again so muddy help:s
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

Lately my car's engine has started sound like an old car's engine. When inside the cabin..if you rev it hard usually its produces smooth roaring sound but now tht isn't the same.

I got all the stuff changed and serviced the car 1 and a half month before except for the throttle body cleaning and oil filter. The engine oil has done 2000kms. I'm going to saudi arabia on vacations for a month or so.. can you please address the sound issue and also tell me if i should change the oil and oil filter before going or after i come back?

@Shiraz khan

This is how I do it..
    Cover all the electronic parts with a plastic bag. remove the cover of the air filter..(and wash the cover with water and let it dry in the sun) get a big WD-40 can, a soft cloth and a toothbrush. First remove the dry dust on the engine surfaces with a soft cloth..after your done with the dusting. Spray most of the areas with WD-40 and then with the help of tooth brush remove the greasy black stuff on the engine and again clean the whole thing with a soft cloth.

@all

please avoid posting multiple posts.
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All,

I've done a deal in Lahore for a 2004 FL Vitz.

Now i plan to go and get it on Tuesday inshaAllah.
    I've been reading this thread and hope to recall most of the things that need to be changed right after the purchase. However, please mention if i left something out; Thanks.

Tires
    ALL the fluids (including the coolant ?)
    ALL the filters
    Plugs
    Belts
    Cat removal
    Throtle body cleaning
    MAF cleaning
    Spacers (Should i install even if I don't intend to go for CNG?)
    Seats leather fitting

It would be of great help if someone from Lahore could tell from where to get all these things done. Besides, which Toyota workshop is the best in Lahore?

I'd be having only one or maximum two days to stay there in Lahore.

And btw, what about the user's manual in English ? Does anybody have it?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Akifnaseer

Congrats on the purchase (Y) u will love the car i specially like the 2004 FL myself (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all What is CAT?:s
    ***,gass or grass...
    Nobody rides for free

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Altamash Phone was off all day yesterday

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shirazkhan

Where do you get your car computer scanned and tuned? I also need to clean and check my MAF sensor.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jaazz
    I could not manage time to get my CAT removed. I will do it inshallah next week and report the peformance accordingly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tyrone_40

just tunned my car from the Eastren Motors (TOYOTA COMPANY)
    they charged me RS.400/- for tune up & 650 for the DENSO K16R plugs(4)
    i think NGK plugs r best as they came with 1sz-fe engines from the factory denso plugs are crap as my experience

haven't done the computer scan :s is it nessacery ? & from where ? i m in karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shirazkhan

I am also looking for a place for computer diagnostics as my previous guy is out of the country. I need to also check / clean the MAF sensor?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 devilsadv
    MASHAALLAH your car is looking great.The front extended bumper is same as mine.But drive it safe.And remove the Ferrari logos they are looking cheap.I m making my own logo for my vitz if its made then i will be post the pictures....(Y)(Y)
    ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also want to replace my MAF filter my car just goes idle sometimes( i press the accelerator but it doesnt move) so pls let me know a gud mechanic and a place where i can get it in Khi .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ rawdeal

my car is also not as reponsive anymore because of the MAF sensor i m looking forward to clean it my self as razapower DIY

see ur self : https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!54468~ForumID!27~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

shirazkhan
    pls let me know the results after u clean it did ur problem resolve after cleaning?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey .. a.salam all well ive been ov this thread for a while n today read some thing about the engine service thingy....well i get it normally serviced just like my any other car except for baleno im carefull with it as its got cng and once water touches it .. it starts mis-firing untill dried up......

and with vitz it gets water in its engine bay and allah ka shokar hai i havent faced any problem with it........though it gets messy because of oil sprayed on it but its okay.......i even get the under of the car fresh oiled.... dunt noe if its good or baad as people say if u get it oil sprayed in karachi theres so much dust that it get stuck to it and jams the suspension parts dunt noe if its true or not but i cant get it just watered as in defence v have rust issues.........

baqqi every one vitzes are running great i suppose.......
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tyrone in case u didnt recive the e.mail

hey a.salam well as i said earlier i follow my mechanic so if theres any flaw he cannot blame me in the end...... kheir i got them from my mechanic manzoor bhai he orders them from the spare parts shop next to khan motors.....i got them for 2200/2300 and service labour charges were 200/300 i remember paying 2500 .... what number are u asking......japani one i guess costed around 1200-1500 i dunt exactly remeber........... umm well seriously i dunt noe the difference between the japanis and the orignal ones .....as i havent seen the japani ones .... umm as for your other question yes only the front pads need to be changed my rear drum brakes were good enuff to be used so they just serviced it and the hand brake got more tighter.... secondly i had the A.T.F Changed which was done at 68k miles and was worth 1350...(3 cans 450 each) orignal toyota type IV i think and labour for it was 150 .....and normal service tuning and plugs are changed .... other wise nuthing major has been done ... i havent changed the fuel filter as yet.... and as far as the belts are conserned after buying the car i once drove it in rain and the belt had started making noises so i got it tightened.......and its verry fine..........the car has done more than 72k miles........and mashallah se its verry good..........

oh one more thing i once jumped the car really verry harshly ata speed braker at seaview so i had damaged the driver side shock absorber got that for 1800 with one year gurantee.......

one question from you have you got the cat convertor removed ..and wats your vitzes model and wat fuel average are u getting.........yesterday i got a 390 from a 34 liter tank..around 11.47
    you can also contact me at my cell if u like too 0322-2781742... otherwise i always visit the vitz owners club
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

on my last fill up, i went to the service area to get the cabin ac filter and the engine air filter, cleaned with compressed air. the guy (aka choTa) suggested that i should get the AC grill (evaporator) cleaned as well, there were a lot of insects and dust stuck into it, he cleaned it with surf and pressurized water. some water went into engine bay as well, and then he deliberately sprayed some more water on the engine to clean it, i was curious and asked him that it may damage the engine or something, but he said, "sir jee, inhain kuch nahin hota" (he meant these newer engines are not damaged by water) and allah ka shukar hai, nothing happened.

other outcomes of the visit,
    -i got 11km/l fuel average
    -tyre pressure was a bit low, so that could also be a reason for bad fuel average, i got them inflated to 33psi, slightly above the recommended pressure, but i think its safe and would give lil better mileage
    -ac's cooling got better (i believe, although prolly there is no way i can measure it to be certain)
    -ac's throw also got better, now i use it the first dot of the knob, before that i used it at second dot.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List