0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all, especially storm:
    when i bought my car, it had been used in pk for a couple of months, how can i know if the previous owner had not removed the cat or not. cuz i think you said in your last post, that cat can be removed by breaking it with a rod (saria) and there would be no welding in that case.

pick and sound of my car is pretty good, and i get 11km/l with ac (short trips, city driving) and close to 13 without ac.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti

Thanks for your email and your reply here. No I have not got the CAT removed as yet, am still looking for a reliable place from where to remove it (somewhere in clifton defence area). My vitz model is 2004 FL which driven was driven 69,900 km.

When i last checked i got about 200-220 km on 1,000 rupees fuel but now with price increase i have not recently checked. One bar of fuel gives me about 40 kms. I dont know how good that is.

One thing I had also replaced my ATF but its slightly higher about a half a centimeter or so above the full mark. Is that ok or should i remove some? and if so how do i remove it?

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tyrone.. umm i dunt think that u should.. i guess i lil more wont harm anything....but if its less then it does.... but still wait for sameer bhai also....
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gorkan
    best way to check is to get it up on a ramp, open the bolts under the cat and have a look with a flash light.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm,
    thanks man, id check it now, and btw, if it can be seen it from there, is it possible to just break it out without taking out the whole thing,

and there is another problem, i broke one of the knobs of ac controls, the left one that controls the path of airflow output. i was trying to direct the air to the windscreen, since it was raining a lot that day and windscreen got covered with water vapors from inside. the dial got a bit stuck, i applied a bit more force and the knob got free, now i can rotate it but i think internally its not connected to anything,

currently flow is directed to the cabin ac vents, but i won't be able to direct it to windscreen now

thanks in advance.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all .. i wanted u ask some thing..... as this is the first and only auto car in my or my dads collection...... but while i am at stop on a signal or sumthing , for example the cars gear is on D and im at stop at a signal, so then when the a/c compressor trip the break pedal goes a lil more further .... so is it normal???.......
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    Same here, its normal. Even in our JDM rolla same thing happens. Dnt know wat is it. When u stop at any spot try to shift it to N. When u want to drive on then shift to D.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes. Same thing happens to my Vitz also. I think A/C of Vitz consumes more power in A/C and its hydrolic brakes get less compression. When A/C trips then more power is available and compression is built. I dont know why this happens in automatic cars. Case is more severe in case of CNG where brakes got stiff also and one needs his personal power to stop the car from foot. LOL. I have Honda Civic, Hyundai Santro and Suzuki Mehran but nothing like this happens in these cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@isb members

I am also planning to get my CAT removed.

Any ideas from where I can get the job done in Islamabad? I never let roadside mechanics touch my car but Toyota walay $%&^*$# take 3k for removing CAT.

If someone has got it removed from an expert without any trouble (noise and check engine light) then please let me know.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it will cost u 800 wid replacment of front dholki........for gud sound and performance........come here in national market rawalpindi ...
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    it is normal but at a traffic light you shoudl not leave the car in D andyways (all autos).

@gorkan
    get the dash opened up and have someone look at the knob from the inside, it's likely you've broken the part from the inside (made of plastic). and yes, you can remove the cats internals that way too.

@zubz
    read through this entire thread, there is alot of knowledge here on the vitz which you shoudl note down for future refference.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i finally got the CAT REMOVED from my car, it can also be a DIY project. i'd post the details of the procedure along with pictures tomorrow. (don't have the pics with me today)

btw, my CAT wasn't really blocked, (may be 'cuz my car has only done round 5000 km in pakistan, and i only used total and shell fuel)

the power of the engine is slightly improved and the change in sound is also barely noticeable, (or may be there is no change at all). and most importantly, there is no check engine light or anything. before this i was getting 13km/l (city driving, with ac on half of the time), will post the new mileage next month, cuz my one full tank lasts for about one month

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gorkhan
    Ya u upload the details it might help make a decision others and me.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and one more thing, i forgot to thank all the guyson this thread, especially storm bhai for the guidance and everything,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey guys i am planning to buy a vitz 03 FL package, how much it should cost me. its grey metallic with new alloys navigation etc.. what should be done after the purchase
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I m back with my first ever ride:

Vitz 2004 F-Package (Digital meter, 2 head rests, 2 airbags, Power mirrors, TV Navigation etc.)
    Color: Silver

Sorry for not posting the pics right now, as it caught some dust on my way back from Lahore to Khushab; and i m so far unable to spare some time from my shifts routine to wash it. Hopefully in a couple of days.

Tires need to be changed most badly. Will go through the rest of the changes in my next trip to Lahore a week ahead inshaAllah.

I want to ask:

1) For ATF, I couldn't get Type-IV; instead what i got is Type-II Automatic Transmission Oil. Brand is Toyota. Is it alright, or should i keep on finding the Type-IV and get the Type-II replaced ?

2) Where to go for installing spacers and removing Cat etc. in Lahore ? Preferably near to Multan road.

3) What about the manual ???? No success so far ???

4) What is the engine heating up indication in digital meter version ?

5) I got the green coolant filled. Today when i started the engine, it was showing low coolant level indication. I put some water in the coolant box. Is it okay? Or do i need to have spare coolant and tap the coolant box with it instead of water ?

6) The CD player have Jap written over its controls. I've been able to guess a few by use. But still some are unknown. Any help in this regard ?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats on your Vitz. Its a wonderful car. How many kms has your car done?

1) Use ONLY Toyota ATF Type IV nothing else or you could have transmission problems. Its available in the big cities.
    4) When you start your car, there is a blue indication on the left side, which turns red after the engine has reached the desired temp.
    5) Why dont you use the Toyota Long Life coolant? I think it has to be mixed with 50/50 coolant and paintwater. Its reddish in colour.

Regarding the other points I'm sure someone else will be more knowledgeable to answer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @Tyrone

The car is reported to have 28000 km done (including 7000 km in Pakistan)

What is "paintwater" ?
    And, where is the ATF dip stick located ?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    Congrats for ur new car. Hope u upload the pics soon and u r quite satisfied wid it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    last month i bought a 2000 model A/T vitz...48k on the odo meter....got a weird problem with it its 2nd gear shifts at 20km/h which makes the car under power.....this only happens wid 2nd gear rest all gears shifts fine and pik up is gud yyyyy the hell 2nd gears shifts at 20km/h both on CNG and Petrol
    Long Live Pakistan , <3 <3 <3

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List