0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ optimum... a.salams. so how ur ride going ....

well here are pics of what i installed..... people say it gives sound when amplifiers are installed so em not that kinda guy who likes too mch of dhoom dharaka i just got them for looks costed me 5000...with board and fitting....
    kenwood 718s....

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -843951

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -843952
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rawfay & @Gorkan
    Thanks for the explanation.

@Wahab590:
    For price check, you should better visit your local market; or read the adds in Sunday newspaper and then by making calls to different dealers, sellers. Thats what i did when i was keeping myself updated about the prices.

Here are a couple of contacts:

03332135567 (Altamash-Karachi)
    03219450248 (Riffat-Lahore)

Riffat is the guy from whom i bought my ride about a week ago. But i don't reccommend you any. Just get the prices checked by calling them. Hope it helps.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ akif naseer .. mashallah great ride i forgot to appreciate it .... umm the asahi 4x4 sticker it seems to be bought from karachi.. is it ???

@sam .. sorry abt the damager to ur ride... umm so would u give a visit to shair shah??? if yes heres a number for u faisal bhai ..0321-2060012
    .. he will even manage a full steering for u ....
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wahab590
    if you go through this thread, most prolly you'd find the answers to all your questions, about the prices, the best way is to survey the local market, since you are in lahore, you can check jail rd, main boulevard defense, maulana shaukar ali rd faisal town and sunday bazar in samanabad, and in mazong, near ganga ram area. but just be careful with these dealers,
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 vitzrulez and storm bhai
    By the help of ALLAH Pak my car gor repair by TOYOTA EASTERN MOTORS they fix the corolla's spirel and its working allright he just changed the port and fix it.Now all the problems are gone and also an airbag light is also gone Thank God that the problem is solved.Thanks u Sameer bhai for telling me about it.But its already fixed...(Y)(Y)
    ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    good n easy DIY.will try it tomorrow morning. i too felt the lock vibrated n made sounds on a bumpy road.

ur speaker look good. but im thinking of even smaller ones. 5.5". thanks though.

Btw have u had the cat removed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abdulsamad
    Thats gud dat u got save path. Instead of visiting shershah on bumpy roads and in this hot weather. Anyhow gud that u got it fixed.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ optimum,,, yar i want to mgr em a lil confused, k where to get it done from... my friend said that he cutted the orignal dholki and put a new one there... he has the orignal one with him so abi em looking for a reliable person to do the job .......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sam
    glad to know your car is ok now (Y)

now NEVER let anyone mess with it.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Chinyoti....Thanks

Well, i bought it from lahore. btw, i want to remove all these stickers, but afraid that they might leave their mark.

@Gorkan

Can you please mention any good place in lahore (preferably near multan road) for getting some jobs done on my Vitz like...

1)Cat removal
    2)installing spacers or changing springs to harder ones.
    3)car wash
    4)intake manifold cleaning
    5)engine oil and oil filter change
    6)tires change
    7)spark plugs change

@all

What is the maximum acceptable shelf life of tires ?

The headlights just get ON and OFF. i couldn't find out how to adjust the beams (high/low)!!!???

Any reccommended brand of polish and wax ?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

removing the CAT is pretty simple, i have posted the procedure here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply.asp?TopicID=78490&ForumID=27) i believe if would be helpful, check that out, and do leave your comments

you can get it done from any roadside mechanic, do it yourself using his tools or guide him how to do it.

about springs and spacers, i dont think its a good idea to mess with the original suspension, since its extremely good in its stock form, i have got aluminum spacers installed on top of the rear springs but they make squirking noise when depressed, so i am thinking of getting them removed and just be careful with the bumps etc.

about oilchange etc, i think you should get the stuff from some reliable spare parts shop and get them changed at any decent workshop, there is no rocket science, and if you go through some of the pages in this thread, you'd get a better idea of what oil, filters and plugs to use,

i am still using the stock tires, although i think its the time to change them now

high/low beam is adjusted by pulling/pushing the lever on the right side of the wheel, its just like most of the other cars.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks storm bro for your help! i will change the brake oil soon, do you prefer any good brake oil?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

How many litres does each bar on the fuel guage be equivalent to? Is it ok to run the car till the last bar flashes or is it better to re-fill the tank when about 2 bars are left?

Secondly, my brake pads need to be changed as it makes a sqeaking sound in the mornings when driving the car slow. Is it ok if I continue to drive it for a month of so before replacing it or will it harm the drum, braking mechanism etc.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi every1,

Sorry for not posting pictures as yet. Been busy at work. Promise to do so ASAP.

I have the 2005 Vitz and I recently got my oil and oil filter changes. I put in Castrol 20W - 50W.
    Now I am experiencing a very very slight power loss whenever I am standing at a traffic signal and in gear. What happens is that the fuel digital meter backlight slightly flickers and so does the internal lights in the same tune as the engine is sounding. When I put the car in parking it is fine. The car does not knock or dies down. Even cold starts as perfect. Just a flick of the key and it turns on.

Can oil do this?
    What oil do I put in?

Im scared!!!

Help pls

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or is this all normal???

lolz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    thanks for info i will visit jail road, but i couldn't get some answers through this thread, like what are the main points to check will inspecting a car and how to verify mileage and model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ taha,,, Yar i told u to use caltex 10-30.... y did u use castrol 20-50.... ??? ...
    and the power loss that isnt a big issue its related to sum current setting i guess...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tyrone . well i guess each bar is equal to 5 lters .. and 40 is the total capicity.. with the tank full to mouth i get 34-36 liters maximum... well it depends on your fueling habits i try to get the most out ov every fuel tank and get it filled just after the last lite blinks and a friend ov mine fills it up just after 4 - 5 bars are finished......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti

Thanks. I heard that its not good to leave it till the last bar as a lot of kachra goes into the fuel pump / filter?????

One bar gives me about 40-45 kms with A/C on all the time.........which is about 9 km/ litre. I use the A/C fan speed on No.1 only or No.2 maximum not more than that unless its very hot outside. Is that economical????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tyrone ,, well depend coz the faster ull refill the lesser fuel would come in ... and vice versa so no big issues but the fuel pump thing can be anoying so better be at the safe side my first bar gives me around 65-70 and rest on average 50 kms ... so it makes around 360 and a lil more and when my dad drives it . the car crosses 400 and i dunt noe how ..... ?? ....umm the a/c fan thingy well when its hot my fan is on 3 or hi .. and at nite usually at 1 or 2 ... but a freind was telling me that fan speed has nothing to do with petrol consumption coz fan comes in cars without a.c also the petrol is related with the a.c button only... i dunt noe how true was he ...

one more thing i mite be wrong but my car gives me a better fuel average with a.c ... is this possible????

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List