0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitzrukz
    Any Price Estimate?
    http://www.haseebawan.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@punk
    Something around 1200 to 1500rs widout spray.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kamiarshad2000
    keeping in mind its 1 litre engine+auto tranny. i think its fine. I also felt that its a bit underpowered but its auto tranny therefore i think its fine. best of luck wid it.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@punk
    Installed this lip on my ride have a look.
    :d
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -878688

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -878689

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got my left side mirror broken today. In fact, the base plate (plastic) got broken. The mirror and its cap remained intact. Toyota sialkot said they would only replace the whole unit, and not the base plate alone (which was separable however). Eight thousand (8k) they were demanding for it. I preferred getting it repaired from a mechanic, and now will search for it perhaps in Bilal ganj (lahore) or Chah-e-sultan (pindi) before it gets broken again, or the repair work completes its life.

Also got oil changed. Rs. 1900 for Zic A+ (4L) and genuine filter. Besides the new air filter cost Rs.500.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    Sad for ur ride. Toyota authorised dealers jus try to rip u off. Why did u filled ur car wid 4 litres oil, its 1 litre engine. Making the car over wid mobile oil harms the engine. Next time pour 3 litres in it and in morning before starting the car check the oil it remains full. But on smooth surface neither on bumpy nor on slope.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer

Sad to hear - well last month I got mine broken too [the left one] - only the colored shell was broken and the mirror on the inside - rest was fine -

went to 'bilal ganj'[lhr] for the colored shell [outer] - they demanded 2200 for it - and 7500 for the whole assembly - all of them -
    It was the retractable one [with five wires] - the non retractable one is different [with 3 wires] - and is cheaper too - 5000 for the whole assembly [looks different too]

after hours of searching and "khajjal khwaari" I convinced a person to sell the outer shell to me in Rs.1000 - and the whole assembly was Rs.5500 - though it was'nt the color I wanted - had it painted for Rs.400 [sky blue pearl] -

jst thought It would help you prepare your mind for the Hyper expensive easy availability of Parts for Vitz - oh and by the way I am talking about '2004' model - old Vitz -

Another solution they gave me was to buy a second hand outer shell of Toyota Corolla XLI [left mirror] worth Rs.400 - will fit perfect but with alteration underneath [the fitting holes underneath are modified] - and I think [no fact] that Vitz shell wont fit after alteration on clip holes, would have to stick to XLI's shells if damaged again - and then have it painted to your desire.

Hope It helps
    *�. �*�.�*�.� �.�*�.�*�.�*�.�*

���.�*--- ? Kami ? --- *�.���

�.�*�.�*�.�* *�.�*�.�*�.�

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Vitzrulez
    You're right, that for a 1000cc car, 3L pack is sufficient. Last time, i had Havoline Formula (10W-30) in it, so i wanted to have it flushed with ZIC A+ (5W-30) a little. However, as i didn't tell this to the mechanic in advance, the remaining oil is still with me in the bottle. I checked the level. Its just up to the "F" mark.

@kamiarshad2000
    Thanks bro. Your input is highly valuable indeed. BTW, i also have the 2004 model (crystal silver); but the mirrors are not retractable. The XLi solution is a handy one to bear in mind.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akif naseer.. sorry to hear abt your loss...

@ vitz rules.. i always get 3.5 liters of oil in my ride!!! r u sure 3 is okay???... my ride needs a oil change so temme

@all... my fuel consumptions gone damn low around 8.5 or 9.. i guess its tym for a cat removal can it not be removed without welding???.....
    and so every body how are ur vitzes going.. recntly i had planed to change my vitz with a nwer model or a civic or a swift.... but the recent price hike ... em gud with my vitz ......
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all!

I'm kinda new to this forum and specifically to the vitz club. However I'm buyin a 2006 Vitz in a day or two and need a little advice.

As I have checked out the market, I think the built in factory/stock in-dash Single CD/FM Player looks more decent as compared to the pre-installed aftermarket nav/milti Cd with back camera system, since these are usually not from Alpine or Clarion or Sony etc.

Now I'm not sure about two things..Firstly the stock type FM Player, does it support the full FM range i.e from 85 to 110 unlike my previously owned RX8 that only could tune below 90 which was kinda wierd.
    Secondly, how's the sound quality I mean how many speakers are there..2 or 4 ? and the stock head unit has enough power to withstand better speakers like bose that I plan to install later If I get the stock type/in dash Cd Player model..

Finally, about the installed multi cd/nav/back camera systems..how good are they, if they are any good I mean? I'd like a detailed advice and comparison from the experts here..

thanks in advance !

edit: sorry I forgot to ask a few more questions so I had to edit my post...i.e Is it better/cool/more fun if I get the push button start models ?? or are they problematic in terms of durability in future... Also does all 05/06 Vitz models have Climate Control since I see this mentioned here in Ads but in actual I didn't see any "temperature setting knob" in the actual car dash while visiting the market!

Dr. Usman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    There is a thread about cat removal without any welding job involved by @gorkan in the DIY section. Check it out.

@The-Pretender
    Welcome to the forums, and to this Vitz Owners Club.
    Experienced members will hopefully respond to your queries.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    LOL! at ur planning. Best of luck wid it. 2ndly its 1 litre engine, 3 litre is sufficient as over fuel can harm the engine. Pour 3 litres into it. Early in the morning check it before starting the engine. But on smooth surface. The shop owners and salesman will always force u to buy 4 litres.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one BIG thread..(Y)
    Every one wants to go to Heaven , But Nobody wants to die..fact isnt it ?

sd
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar 3.5 ltr dalta hai meri main too.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
    >>>>D£Ŧƛᵯƛ§Ø ƁØ¥§<<<<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@The_Pretender
    Salams!
    The stock player is entry level head unit. It only plays wma and may be MD. Sound quality is crystal clear but very dull if u are used to nice sound. They can support good speakers. But some heavy speakers require small amp like 718s require 100 or 150 watts amp.
    Push start button feature introduced by toyota is a nice feature but not for Pakistan. God forbid if any problem occured in it. U know the road side monkeys and the crooked mechanics, they are gonna screw ur car. Keeping in mind it only comes in FL package+the GPS and LCD also comes in FL package.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman666
    Thanx bro!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    I am also going for an Oil change this week. WHich Filter did u used ?
    Any Code?

@vitzrulz
    It looks nice but on Black colour as mine it wont be prominent. I m definately going for a spoiler. Just short listing prices of the things I want.

@The_Pretender
    My car came with the simple cd player. Not sure if it plays MP3 as well. But i highly doubt. Its nice if you are not really a music fanatic plus it cant be changed so their is no point in discussing it

@All
    Any 1 know if H4 Purple HID bulbs are available?
    In blue/white they are but in Purple unable to find
    them
    http://www.haseebawan.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the price of genuine rear shocks of vitz (1999-2004 model)? From where to get in Karachi?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Friends,

For oil remember a simple rule. Every car less then 1001 cc requires 3 liters of oil in pakistan and 1001 to 1600 cc reqired 4 liter of oil. Any more or less may harm you car engine.

Simple rule. simple life.
    Race lani Jay ....:-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam everyone!

Thanx to all who replied..so the verdict till now is "get the FL package" right that has an GPS/LCD and rear cam etc. which can be changed in the future to one's liking if required..But they are all prefitted aftermarket non-toyota units right? And do they play DVD video as well or jst DVD Navigation (which is useless in Pak) and do they support full range FM and mp3/Wma too? I'm still confused how to select between different LCD units coz every second vitz has a different unit installed and most of them are worn off and button faded even though the car on the whole is brand new 5 grade less than 10,000 kms..do the locals change these units after import?? How do I found out if they do..

Thanks again!

Dr. Usman

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List