0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh yEs i will contact him ..

but aNY one suggest me that which one do u think iz better the new shape or the older one

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank u storm bhaiand inshallah there would b no xcdent next time if der vl b then iull face it
    but da question came in my mind is tat he had no damage but still ran after me 4 wat
    he should have forgavin me coz i had a bad damage
    y
    * If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons...!? * -Y[z]R-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the new vitz (2005) is a nice car, but i would not go for it since it will be too complicated for local mechanics. Even Toyota here does not have the right diagnostic tools for vitz (any model).

Parts again might have a bit problem for the new one, for old, most of the parts are easily avaialble.

Alta shud be able to guide you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a Vitz 99. Since a few days there was a squeaking sound coming from the left rear tyre while I applied brakes. After some time another sound like 'seeeek seeeek seeek ...' started coming when the car started moving (slow speeds), from the same side.

I took the car to Toyota Islamabad motors (Aabpara). They said that I would need to replace the brakes at an estimated cost of Rs. 7000-8000. This was outside my range. So they said they would just do a brake service (Rs 500) and hopefully the sound goes away. Eventually I had to pay nearly Rs 4000 as they replaced the pads as well.

Now, all the sounds are gone and the brakes are much firmer. However, now I am noticing the car to be slightly tilted towards the right. I mean left side is higher while right side has become lower. I did not notice this before.

Question is, does this have something to do with the brake job? Also is this something serious? I would appreciate if some member can advise on this.
    This is as much of a test for me as it's for them

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam all...
    well i owned a vitz 2002 for almost a year.. masha-Allah very reliable and trouble free car..
    i actually need a sussgestion.. a friend of mine a vitz owner, adviced me to chnge transmission oil.. milage of my car is 31k and bought it on 22 k ..
    so which fluid shoul i use for an automatic transmission ?
    plz reply soon..
    Allah Hafiz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Lonely_puma
    in KHI the brake pads cost around 4-5000 try getting them arranged from there

@leo321
    use type IV (4) ATF fluid.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont change ATF, no need unless you need topping up or there is a problem, leave the original Jap ATF in your car, even manufacturer does not recommend changing of ATF.

Deloy

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam..
    thanks brother deloy and storm...
    transmission is working smoothly alhumdolillha.. that was just k my mechanic suggested that milage might be more then displayed in meter... so gear oil should be chnge ..
    is there any RECOMENDED transmission oil.. that might be used in future .. ???
    take care all..
    walaikum salam...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@leo321
    i changed hte fluid of my vitz, i used Toyota A.T.F Oil (Type TIV), costed 1380rs from toyota in abpara.

however i should point out that my car had crossed 60,000 km by then, and since MB changes the fluid around that time i felt that it should be ok for my toyota as well.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Was just wondering, when do you check the gear oil level just like we check engine oil level? Is there any time limit or after a certain mileage?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40
    honestly speaking we shoudl never need to check the gear oil of these cars, it's up to th dealers to change it around the 60-80K mark. problem is that 99.99999% of the vitz in PK have tampered meters so it's impossible to actually tell how much the car has genuinely driven. as my car had crossed the 70k mark when i got it i chose to change the fluid in the tranny since i had changed the fluid in my mercs gearbox a few months before at around 60k so it made sense ot me.

another reason to change ALL the fluid in my vitz was for peace of mind, that way i knew EXACTLY when the fluids were changed and howmuch they had been used.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm wrote

problem is that 99.99999% of the vitz in PK have tampered meters

Very true. I have seen people claiming here VITZ 2001 only driven 17k kms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

exactly what I was thinking..........thanks for putting that at rest

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well its been around 9-10 months since we bought this car but coz of my laziness i wasnt putting it up
    Anyways i guess i have joined the club too now.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -730265

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -730266

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can you guys give me a checklist on things to look for before buying a vitz...would really appreciate it
    The word politics is derived from the word poly meaning, many & the word ticks,meaning blood sucking parasites

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u
    i've seen people with 1999 vitz's claiming that theirs only has done 12-15000km so far,.. LOL!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    bhai a little help from you please....what to look for when i am sealing the deal for a vitz..its a used car and i need to have all my bases covered...
    The word politics is derived from the word poly meaning, many & the word ticks,meaning blood sucking parasites

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bluntknife
    it depends on the model which the seller claims it is. up till 02 it had the old headlights and taillights, the dash had "ball" style air vents etc.

for 02 the car got restlyed headlights and tail lights but the interior was the smae as the 99 models.

after 02 the exterior "facelift" came in (new bumpers etc like in the 02 model) and the dashboard airvents were now with "flaps" instead of the old "ball" type vents.

this is a general description and without seeing he car it'd be hard to give you a full guide of what to look for. Just make sure all teh panels fit together correctly, make sure there is no uneven or rough paint on the car (sign of a repaint), ensure that the car does not "bounce" on rough roads (worn dampers), make sure (if auto) it changes gears smoothly (jerk free). if manual check the state of the clutch by applying the handbrake, puttig it in 1st gear and slowly bringing your foot off the clutch to see it's biting point & strength. check under the car for damage due to "bottoming out", take the car for a drive and rev it hard (allowing the engine to warn up etc) and then when returning check the state of it's idling. Have the oil checked in the car as many dealers do not change it so it'll give you a good idea of the state of the car from the previous owner.

most parts are available fro the market or toyota so you don't need to worry. appart from the list above make sure you use your best judgement when buying it.

oh yeah, DO NOT trust the milage on the odometer, let the cars condition tell you the real story.

Good luck and let us know what happens (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    thanks...i mailed you too,i guess you can ignore that now...i'll most likely be gettin it from alta and i think he wont sell me a lemon,but still will ofcourse have to check everything...one more thing..how important is the orignal auction sheet..i asked a couple of sellers in lahore and they said we dont have it...should i refuse to buy the car w/o origanl auction sheet. thanks again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    full specifications needed for VITS 2006(dont know either is 2006 or 07 but want this shape ) out side its called yaris i think
    also want to know estimated price of it in pk??
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -731166
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List