0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@antiflag
    Consult good CNG mechanic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did consult the mechanic, as i mentioned earliear, i just got my car tuned and cleaned all the sensors and throttle body.
    He Says tappet(lifters) need adjustment, but my car drives fine now. What i wanted to ask was about the green lights, and does it really need tappet adjustment. it used have problems starting in the morning.

on a seperate note, my cleaned the MAF sensor, but i've read that MAF sensor works with O2 sensor, where is O2 sensor located and shoudn't it be cleaned also ?
    Why is not called "Terrorism" When USA or Israel Does it " AntiFlag

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaamz @ All
    @ Antiflag
    Get the tappets of your car adjusted if and only if you trust your mechanic quite a lot, else I would suggest you need not to. Also if your car still takes longer ignitions and if there is a low cranking sound in your engine, then you know it must be done.
    For the sepearet note, Mass Air Flow(MAF) Sensor controls the intake IN to the engine it tells the butterfly on how much air is getting in as to adjust according to the need of the mixture. The Oxygen (O2) Sensor tells the ECU as to how much fuels and Air escaped un-burnt so that it would adjust the fuel to air ratios and idle speed etc. O2 is located near the exhaust of the engine, just where the Silenser Line starts, on the front side. Having said that, o2 sensor does not get cleansed usually and you have to get it changed if your mechanic feels the need of it.
    In the end I would again urge you to find a good mechanic, it would require patience for you and tests for him to prove that he is worth it.
    Regards,
    Waqqas
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Alot Waqas, your reply was much needed and detailed. Clear on the sensor however, you said if my car takes long sulfs and the noise only then i need to get my tappets adjusted as it's alot of money and work to do on Vitz if you know what i mean.
    What is happening is, the car starts and shuts quickly in the first try, then starts and runs v.little on idle and shuts agian, then 3rd or 4th time i am able to rev the engine while the light is still showing(BLUE), it takes 3-4 mins to dissapear only then i can put my car into D or R, otherwise it crumples and shuts if i try to put the car in gears immediately.

ps: Thing to note is that the above situation is only when i'm using Petrol and i'm starting the car first thing in the morning. Does it really take that long, do u have to wait for the light to dissapear? what could be the problem. once it's hot it works fine until the next day. Please help and Thanks again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi guys plz tell me that in vitz 06 (gear) D for drive and
    S
    for what because some tell me that if u go up to 50 or 60miles per hour then [color=#ff3300]S/color]is use plz reply for help me out

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

S
    for what because some tell me that if u go up to 50 or 60miles per hour then [color=#ff3300]S/color]is use plz reply for help me out

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

S

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Basim
    The first thing I looked at after reading your question three times was to look at your age. Here...

Reverse (R) – This puts the car into the reverse gear, giving the ability for the car to drive backwards.

Neutral/No gear (N)– This disconnects the transmission from the wheels so the car can move freely under its own weight. This is the only other selection in which the car can be started.

Drive (D)– This allows the car to move forward and accelerate through its range of gears. The number of gears a transmission has depends on the model, but they can commonly range from 3 (predominant before the 1990's), 4, 5 (the most common), 6 (found in VW/Audi Direct Shift Gearbox), 7 (found in Mercedes 7G gearbox, BMW M5 and VW/Audi Direct Shift Gearbox) and 8 in the newer models of Lexus cars. Some cars when put into D will automatically lock the doors or turn on the Daytime Running Lamps.

Second (2 or S) – This mode limits the transmission to the first two gears, or more commonly locks the transmission in second gear. This can be used to drive in adverse conditions such as snow and ice, as well as climbing or going down hills in the winter time. Some vehicles will automatically upshift out of second gear in this mode if a certain rpm range is reached, to prevent engine damage.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raja01
    bro u can see pics of my car at page no 192

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@antiflag
    Yaar, That blue light is the indication of a cold engine. Your post suggests that your car misbehaves only once it is cold.Ideally it should not do it but it will be fine once the weather becomes warmer anyways.
    Had I been you I would get it checked for this problem anyways, and get a second or even third opinion from a good recommended mechanic.
    One problem is that I could only recommend mechanics from Lahore, and then the second is that I am in Dubai for the last year or so and I really dont have many connections there anymore. I had been actively participating in this forum after a loooooong time, so you would have to take help from other seniors Like Storn, Alta, Punkm, WaqasMK and many more on the recommendation front.

Cheers for now, A very happy new year to all, me goes to party

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache
    Your description on gear was total right bro but what you mentioned for S is not a detail of S . It is a description of B. Basim has vitz 2006 model and gears shift included P,R,N,D , S and B. S is for super drive in vitz 2006 it increase the speed of vitz. Your description was right but for vitz this covers B.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@antiflag

Tht light turns green or red (don't remember exactly) when it crosses the idle rpm you've set. I think you also have tht green colored advancer. From my experiences, i've come to know tht idle speed can only be adjusted when you have the AC switched on. So when you turn the AC off the rpm will drop accordingly.

Try this..

1- Remove the negative terminal and put it back after 1-2 mins. (always do this before trying out new settings)
    2- let the car run for 2-3 mins on cng and then switch on the AC.
    3- Adjust the peak settings to optimum flow as you mentioned
    4- Now this idle thingy is a bit tricky.

To increase turn anti clockwise, pull the accelerator cable until the lights on the advancer change and then back..the effect will not be much noticeable. Repeat this a few times..until you see a noticeable change.
    5- Turn the AC off and again check the idle and peak settings if they still need adjustment, turn the AC on again.
    6- Repeat step 4 and 5 and turn off the CAR.
    7- Turn it back on and now you should be able to see a noticeable change. Check all the settings again and repeat the process if needed.

8- If anything goes wrong, do not blame me.

So now if you feel that your car is perfectly tuned, unscrew the air intake pipe from its place and block 1/4 of it with your hand. Block it further..and you should be able to hear "sssss" kinda sound from the engine. Hold it there and pull the accelerator cable..it should be more responsive now..if yes, put a fiber or paper tape to block the area. Hear and FEEL the engine, if its struggling too much to take the air in then unblock it a little. Try the car out..and vroom vrooom! but do note tht your car will not run properly on petrol with the blockage.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@killervtec
    i have mailed u. please check and reply. need some real urgent info

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And abt the tappets..leave it, as its common in vitz running on CNG. Drive your car on petrol for a week and it'll disappear.
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seriously RawFay .. drive on petrol for a week and it'll disapear !! WOW man hope thats true. dun wan sum mechanic to fiddle with my car's tappets, heard they are alot and its a serious job

About the idle speed thing, i tried with AC on and adjusted to a point where the car doesn't die, tried various settings took me an hour just to set the idle, it vibrated, then in D n R with brakes applied it used to vibrate and shut then only vibrate alot , now with D n R with brakes applied or at P it's smooth with AC and hence its smoother without AC. So at this point, the idle is only 25%open with both the lights green, also like i said earlier the idle could be increased more but i've set it to a point where the vibration is gone cos if i close it more the idle increases but when i try to drive it shuts off.

I used to drive non efi car and always thought like in other cars, when you turn on ur car the rpm increases for e.g 500 on petrol and to 1000rpm with ac on idle. But in Vitz i dont think the rpm increases, right ?

About the advancer you are right, it's green colored tomasetto advancer, if i completely close the idle the lights go red, if i completely loose the idle they go red, when adjusting the idle in middle the lights change from red, to orange to green, . hope this helps you understand what i have.

Thanks Dude,hope to hear from you soon.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi guyz as mention above (gear)S for super drive...now my question is 4 what purpose it is in vitz 05 ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@antiflag

drive on petrol for a week and it'll disapear !! WOW man hope thats true. dun wan sum mechanic to fiddle with my car's tappets, heard they are alot and its a serious job

Yes, I tried it 2 times. Try yourself and lets see if it really works. Otherwise wait and see if someone can come up with a permanent solution to this.. agar kuch pata lage..do let me know.

Abt the rpm thing i didn't get wht you're trying to say. All the cars take much load when you switch on the AC so rpm automatically increases a bit
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Rawfay

About the rpm, i meant i had a cultus with tachometer, it used to be @800rpm on cng at idle condition and @1200 when i turned on the ac. since Vitz doesn't have a tachometer, i can feel that the engine is taking the load but cant calculate rpm, it feels like it gets decreased as the engine rolling sound decreases.

Lets say in any given car, when you turn on the ac the rpm increases (idealy it should) that means engine is taking load. But when the rpm decreases instead and the ac's on, that means engine is still taking load but at idle condition it vibrates hence reducing pick up. you get me?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BTW .. saw your car pics. Nice Ride, and you have the same advancer, i think its quite ok. but my mechanic keeps telling me to get Landi Renzo's advancer 1 have few questions:

1. Y haven't you covered your advancer with a theli ?
    2. Is your car's idle adjusted to a point where only 2green lights are on, i mean green light is better than red light rite?
    3. People say advancer/emulater, if that green thing is advancer where's the emulater?

M i bothering you alot ? Read reviews, i agree with you 100%.. its a nice ride.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@antiflag

You're right. Thanks for appreciating my car. I also was asked to change the advancer/emulator by my mechanic but seems to be working fine now. I had a problem crossing 100km/h on highway, the 4th gear didn't work and if i floored it hard the car shifted down to 3rd gear and used to cross 100 and when it went in 4th gear..the speed again used to reduce to abt 90km/h (only on CNG). But the blockage thing works well for this problem.

As for your questions..

1. Why do i need to cover it? I cover it with a plastic bag when i go for a car wash.
    2. On idle, the red light is on. When i press the accelerator it turns to green.
    3. The green thing we have is both Advancer & emulator..its two in one

Emulator: It emulates i.e. gives false impression to the ECU as if the engine is running on petrol. There are a number of emulators and the most common one that emulates false fuel injection to the ECU.

Advancer: It is a device that advances the spark timings while on CNG. It is intended to keep the car well tuned on petrol with ideal timing. If advancer is installed then the spark timing for CNG is not adjusted through distributor.

And no brother..its always a pleasure to help and discuss problems.
    1. Live and LET Live !

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List