0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ali8627
    filter is available at shell F7 (origianl is 700, guard filter is around 400) for other parts (at cheap prices) call alta on 03332135567
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL
    it this thread i read about vitz heading up problem the there is no indicator about heat and when its heats up then its 2 late it was about 2002 model

does any one know that does vitz 2005 has the same problem or they have added some heat indicator
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The flag which shows up is the sign that the car is heating up,its there in all of the Vitz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alta

Where exactly is it? On the digital panel in the middle?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salamz
    This is my first post on this forum. I have gone thru each n every reply posted so far. Its TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good for Vitz owners.
    Thanx to all for posting such a good info especially storm,vitzz,alta,baqai...
    I have got answers to most of my questions, but some unanswered questions are as follows:
    1 @Vitzz, can u share ur owner manual with me? For all memebers here, i will scan that manual and will put it online somewhere, inshallah. so what do u say?

2 @Vitzz, u wrote here that there are three recommended tire sizes. how can three different tire specification be compatible with the same speedo/odometer? wont there be error in these meters? waisay in my 2004 vitz, i have recieved 155/40R 13". now im wondering are they ok or not?coz they niether match ur specified values nor with ur tire sizes that u recieved with ur 2004 vitz. Also, what brand of tyres is the best?somebody suggested me YOKOHAMA.

3 Is it really so that Vitz does not have any temperature gauge? Its really hard to believe . Plz do tell what is the remedy.

4 What are recommendations for different oils i.e. Engine,Transmission,Power steering,ABS etc. actually, one of my friend told me that only engine oil should be changed ,all other oils need only to be fully refilled. also, what are km recommendations for different oils to be changed/refilled?

5 where the hell is ENGINE no of Vitz? yaar meri registration delay ho rahi hay

6 how Vitz should be washed/serviced? should Engine be washed or not? i hope all the members would have cleaned their beautifull Vitz, so plz guide me in this regard.

OKZ buddies. i think its enuff for the first post. Hope u ppl will welcome me.
    do take carez.
    Duaon main yaad rakhna.
    Allah Hafiz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salman2k960
    Answer to ur 2nd question
    Well it does has a temp gauge but its analog like we have in corolla and civic. Its more kind of a digital one. When u start ur car in the morning u should be getting a blue sign on ur speedometer. That tells u that the engine is cold. And the same sign turns red when ur engine heats up. But its too late coz by the time the red sign shows up, the engine has already heated up, and i have experienced it myself, my driver left the coolant bottle open so the car heated up, i was lucky that it heated up just a few feet from my home.

Answer to ur 6th question
    Well i get my vitz serviced like all other cars and have been doing so for abt 9 months. And i get the engine bay washed too, first with water, then with surf, then again with water and then some oil depending on the weather.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please be careful when washing your engine as I got my coil (a long black tube like thing over each plug) spoiled when I first got my Vitz engine washed and it costed me Rs. 1800 and if you go to Toyota Workshop then at least Rs. 3200. The coil is same as used in local asambled Corrola.

I will post picture how to locate engine number a bit tricky in Vitz and may require you to clean the specific place with some ruogh cloth or brush as due to rust it becomes difficult to find it out.

Waqas

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Following are the illustrations for locating Engine No. Please reply back if you are still unable to locate it.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -735160

sd
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waqas1972
    hey thnkz bro.

@all
    yesterday i went to rimpa plaza. i asked the side pole 4 my vitz. there was light fitted in that & he was askin 150rs for that. is it ok? & i want 2 install white bulbs in my vitz so he said to be that in vitz H4 bulbs wiill be installed & it will be of 200rs. So wht is H4 & willl these bulbs will efect my battery? & for how much watts should i install & which is the best company.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
    >>>>D£Ŧƛᵯƛ§Ø ƁØ¥§<<<<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salman2k960:

1) I do not have an English Owner's Manual. I just read through fine print as some data is given in English and, with the help of images one can interpret a few instructions given in the Japanese manual.

2) The speedometer gives an error of 1-3% when different tyre ratings are used. This error is small so it may be considered insignificant, otherwise Toyota would not have recommended three different types of tyres. If you have the Japanese manual, you may check the recommended tyre ratings on page 377 as these are in English.

3) Except for engine oil which should be changed every 3,000 km, (5,000 km max), do not worry about other lubricants (power steering oil, gear oil) till 40,000 km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is a brief comaprison of Vitz (1999-2004) and its sedan counterpart, the Platz, with Vitz 2005 and its sedan counterpart, the new Belta.

The Vitz (1999-2004) and Platz have the 1SZ-FE, 4-cylinder, 997cc engine, which produces 51kw (68 BHP) power at 6,000 RPM and a torque of 95Nm at 3,600 RPM. The 1SZ-FE was awarded "International Engine of the Year" award in 1999. Incidentally, the Vitz also won the Car of the Year award in 1999.

The Vitz (2005) and the new Belta have the 1KR-FE, 3-cylinder, 998cc engine, which produces the same power and torque as the 1SZ-FE engine. The new engine is 10% more fuel efficient and, also produces less CO2 emmissions (a non-issue in Pakistan!) than its predecessor.

The only -ve thing about a 3-cylinder configuration is the vibration caused by the bigger sized pistons and the unbalanced power cycle of the odd number of cylinders.

Lets see how the Belta and the new Vitz fare in Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salman2k960: More about tyre size and speedometer overreading. If you have 165mm tyres and want to move up to 175mm, the speedometer will read faster by just 0.6% and for 185mm, it will read faster by 0.3%. You will note that this is insignificant and one need not bother much unless we are talking of drag racing!

You can calculate over-reading of the new tyre that you want to install, with your basic tyre (known as Stock Tyre) by using a tyre calculator at the following website:

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

You will also notice that the ground clearance does not change much when bigger tyres are installed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx 2 who replied to my post.
    @waqas1972
    Well thanx a lot for ur pics. i took my Vitz to a mechanic and after consulting an importer, he figured out the engine no. at the place highlighted in the attached pix. hope ppl would find it helpfull.

@Vitzz
    i wish we had english manual. nevermind, im looking for one. as far as tyres stuff is concerned, u r absolutely rite. %error is too small to b worried of. but like u said, it wont increase ground clearance. what is the best way to increase ground clearance???Packing,large Springs or larger tires???

@all
    guys, what is max speed u ppl have achieved with 2004 model or any other model for that matter??? i was amazed and jealosed as well when a friend of mine told me last night that his santro crossed 175KMPH. is it really so???

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -735751

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -735752

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salman2k960
    Thats great,now its easy to know where the engine no. is. if you apply a bit of chawk on that area it would greatly improive the visibility of the engine no.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salman2k960

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -735759
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmm :-) sirf 178 ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i c that u got ur car tuned or not?? or is this an old pic??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hojayay phir ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sameer bhai how did u do this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm
    :O hmmmmm. although i havent tested my vitz's limits...yet i wud luv to know any special tips for such a good performance

@skullbox
    post ur meter reading dude

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List