0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

tsf
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys we had a great meetup last night. check out the pics
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!103315~ForumID!17~Page!1~pw. html

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hie all im facing sum wat problems wid my car ek to us ka Deck the pin keeps breking again and again ive spent 1200 on it and today again its not working!!!! :@
    chalo thats a seperate issue

the other thing is that my car ( i noe it requires tuning) but i wanted to noe is it normal, em having a lot of chur chur chur avazein, most probably fan belt

but it cumes specialy wen i take my car out of the garage turn on the A.c the D gear and my foot in on break. is it coz of low rpms or wat

and there another thing wen em pushing the car hard on high revs there cums drilling sound from the engine..... like bhoooooom and shrrrrrrrrrrrr then gear changes and its okay

i hope i made my self clear.
    awaiting replies
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One of our neighborer's Vitz 2002 with CNG sold for Rs. 630k.
    This was the one i had an eye over last year.

The problem @Chinyoti mentioned above: pushing the accelerator hard to the floor at high speeds, and it feels as if the gear is shifted down instead. I m noticing it since ever. Now what i do is to avoid pushing it to the floor. The top speed on flat motorway hardly touches 130. I m talking about petrol.

I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. What kind of filter it has ? from where to get it in Lahore ?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I too hate vitz's 4th gear and the downshifting problem
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

downsifting problem? as in it doesn't downshift or it downshifts when you floor it? if it doesn't downshift then it's likely that you have crossed the shift point (most likey) but if it does that means that you are behind the shift point. and the gearbox allows the shift (this is also normal).

shifting to a lower gear at high speeds can sometimes result in a blown engine and transmission. just put it in D and drive it normally and you should all have no more problems.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm, Rawfay & akif bhai,

where did down shifing come from i was asking wen flooring the car the car gives a grrrrng sorta drilling noises

and a the chur chur noise at initail pick up, that chur chur is most probablby a loose or a aged fan belt

and the low rpm is probably coz of old plugs and tuning
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

...like if i'm driving at 60+/- on a straight road with traffic (shahrah-e-faisal - where you cannot maintain one speed). The car will always try to put it self in 4th gear even when its not needed. What then happens is tht whenever you accelerate even a little bit, it again shifts back to 3rd gear and thts too irritating!

@chinyoti

I know but akifnaseer raised this issue so i commented on that.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^rafay, wo to RPM increase krta hee hai, imagine ur self in a similar situation wid a Manual car, clutch pe pair rakh kr u down shift the car at a higher speed the RPM jumps to 3000+

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Experts,

i need help about my vitz 2002, A/T. from the last couple of days my car performance gradually decreased. before that it was very smooth and sound less driving. but all of sudden it becomes very heavy, making so much noise from engine bay while in first and 2nd gear (Bhoooooom like sound), it feels like car have to struggle a lot to run. feeling very heavy while driving, no pick and power both on Petrol and CNG. i have tuned the car a week back, including throttle body cleaning, replaced air filter, replaced plugs. kindly help me to get rid of this situation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Rawfay

i know exactly what you mean, i had the same problem and i somehow got rid of it.. i cant remember how but i can help once you tell me if you're driving your car on cng or petrol?

@all (including Softouch)

in the previous posts i have read people mentioning coil problems and the symptoms were their cars were missing at idle or not going beyond 120-130max km/h, plus the reason for shifting gears too quickly means that the compression is not being buildup properly or not being exhausted(taken out) in time. All these problems are related to jammed Tappets, (Lifters), dirty fuel injectors (will also cause bad mileage even missing and shaky idle), too much carbon on pistons and lastly broken or weak valves (which will also make you warm your car for a min or two before driving).

Old Valves out, New original ones IN

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -940194

Assembly

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -940195

All new and powerful

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -940196

I have recently installed new valves in my car and i can certainly feel the difference, the compression is stronger, the car is not changing gears frequently, the mileage is better due to proper intake and exhaust and the engine feels alive and soundless/as good as new again. The new 16,valves cost 9000 rs. i only had to replace 8 valves out of which 2 were broken and 8 were as good as new. So if any of you ever (HOPE NOT), come across the same problem you can buy these original 8 valves from me and the whole process would not be as expensive to you as it was for me and if you get it done from my mechanic it would really cost you less and work would be superb.

Since most of us drive our cars on CNG, the valves weaken and you hear more and more complains about Less pickup and less compression. Therefore, If you have the same problems, do get it checked cos 1 weak valve weakens other valves also if not fixed/replaced on time.
    Why is not called "Terrorism" When USA or Israel Does it " AntiFlag

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Antiflag

brother i am unable to understand one thing. one day car is all ok. pick, speed, sound, gear shifting, power is excellent, and very next day all of sudden all things goes down?

this might be same issue which you have mentioned?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Softouch

like i said, i was driving from office to work and on the signal suddenly the car started missing. and yes things happen suddenly, so get your car checked from a good mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Softouch

like i said, i was driving from office to work and on the signal suddenly the car started missing. and yes things happen suddenly, so get your car checked from a good mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks brother,

i will check my car from some mechanic today. one thing which i also found that last week i checked the coolant level in water bottle and it was ok. but today when i check it again. it was almost finished.

there was no leackage in rediator. i am affraid that whether my enigine is getting hot so that whater is evaporating.?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@antiflag

On CNG mostly but its no better on petrol. I sometimes feel theres no torque at all!

and woah! is that the solution to the problem i have? How abt your ride now...wht difference do you feel can you please tell in detail ? You know very well how vitz drives at 100 on CNG is it better now?
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rawfay
    in that case just press the overdrive button on the gearstick and it'll stay in 3rd.

@chinyoti
    yes the belt sounds liek the culprit, may i suggest you change it as soon as possible before it starts getting really hot here.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothers!

i ve vitz 2005 in awsome condition.and nuthing found any problem mentioned above by all vitz awners..m running ma vehicle on petrol..i found one thing, when i run car voice came like gur gur at low RPM...is it voice ov its throtle body??? can anyone please tell me about it??? i dont have any knowledge much knowledge about vehicles.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^does the car make this noise in gear or out of gear? is it an auto or manual?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, I just saw a mouth watering 06 vitz here in KHI. Along with all the bells & whistles it's topped up with leather seats, steering, push start, tachometer & very smooth knobs (different to the standard models). The dealer ofcourse is asking insanely high price for it, but I was wondering if it makes sense to spend a million (a lil more infact) to buy it?!

When the similar model without these additional bits can be bought for 100-125k less.

Advise...Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u81357
    read point 1 on my signature

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List