0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my apologies if i am reposting but everyone here tells me to consult VITZ owner's club and its difficult for me to scroll through 232 pages.....

I am planning to change my car from CULTUS CNG (non-efi) to VITZ 05+...

but today some car dealers and even PW threads alarmed me that CNG wont work on it...however it has a good petrol millage.........

also 99-2004 vitz have 4 cylinder engine and their pick-up is good.....plus engine sound does not come in the cabin at high rpm's.........but in 05+ Vitz.....its a 3 cylinder engine and engine sound does kicks in the cabin....

What do experts/owners have to say about it.........

My final question.....some say paying 800k for a CITY is better than VITZ if i prefer economy............is it true......actually i want automatic transmission (which in the case of 05+ is CVT) thats why i was interested in VITZ....

A little feedback from you guyz would be of tremendous help...

Regards
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mafzal, yar i only changed the ATF oil, didnt get the whole transmission serviced, which means my mechanic drained the old oil nd put in the new one. which means about 70% of the oil is new so it wud now have a shorter drain period ( i.e OEM is changed at 60k miles so now ill have to change it at 40k Miles)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rustam bhai, im no expert but wat my small mind says, that if ure planing to go for CNG Vitz is a Bad idea. even the older model ( many memebers wont agree wid me) Vitz has smaller Valves then other car ( local cars ) which causes troubling in Vitz.

a friend of mine who has a Vitz on CNG say that there cars A.c doesnt works at all. which means doesnt works on CNG.

at a Cng pump i had a word with a driver altho i have seen that car alot of times ( always wid windows open) he said obviusly power kum hogaya hai mager gari saai chal rai hai

then there wud be a skool of thout get Lambda System. ( that is another misery to your life which i wont recomend)

and Manual Vitz CNg so its Vitzes Engine which doesnt suports CNG not the transmission. if i ever had to use CNg id sell of my Vitz instead of ruining it.

then Honda City. umm maybe it attracts more chicks then a Vitz does but belive me Vitz has a better nd a saffer drive
    2 air bags, side impact beams, ABS braking. nd other minute things. altho City does have a boot. .

auto tranny Honda City is a flop car. ( alteast to me it is)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Secondly the 2005 + Vitzes are a gud car maybe better then the older ones but im not a fan of that car.

nd 3 Cylinders, id say Japanio ne kch soch ker hee essa kya hoga.

nd if i ever get a Vitz 2005 + models id try to self import the intellegince version, which acts like a hybrid, nd switches to battery at every Stop giving u maximum fuel efficiency.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti

running my vitz 04 on CNG from day 1, running perfect, actually better than our local cars on CNG. i guess you had a bad experience with it. get a good CNG system from a proper guy, wont be a problem. most vitz owners have their cars on CNG.
    right now i have 3 vitz in my family all on CNG with full time Ac, all running perfect.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    did you used toyota type T-IV and how much oil was drained?

@rustam
    many people have bad experiences with th4eir vitz on cng but on the other end many user's of first generation as well as second generation vitz on CNG are more than happy(including me)
    All i can say is that you need a good installer for cng,vitz got no problem with that.
    And over vitz i prefer no pakistani car other than civic but it all depends on your personal likings and your need.
    http://www.facebook.com/V8Rx8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i got 3 new cans of Toyota T-IV Rs. 450 each

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first ov all.....bundle of thanx for your feedback....i really appriciate it........i must say....people in this thread really come up to solve issues......

I just came driving a Vitz 2005 of my friends cousin..........to be honest, it is way way way better than local 1000cc's esp Cultus......in terms of cabin road noise immunity......the drive really feels lyk a sedan......exceptinal steering.....a bit stiffer suspension but thats may be my experience.....

the CONS i felt
    considerable engine noise when flooring the pedal at zero....i am not a racer/ricer fan...its just a good pick up from idle does attracts me........my CNG non-efi cultus has more pickup..........
    I have also driven a CITY 03 Vario(CVT), its response is a little fast than Vitz. from zero kmh....it too has an EPS........it only lacks an ABS (major feature i must say)......if i look in the market, i am sure i would get City 05 round about in 950k..........

@chinyoti bhaee
    why do you think LAMBDA is not a good option......??? any body u know installed it????

@optimuss
    you sure none of them has any problem??? thats relaxing to hear.....

@mafzaltareen
    What would you recommend, a City CVT, a Civic Prosmatec or a VITZ 05.....i know it depends on liking but 950000 is one hell of an amount for a guy just wanting to move to any good automatic tranny car from a suzuki.....

plz do comment.......
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@optimum, yup u are write. if proper maintaince is done nothing goes wrong. nd that friend of mine is very lazzy at doing this stuff.

the older Vitz i.e 1999-2004/2005, work better on Cng. But if maintained properly nd Tappets are set. the valve isue occurs because of not getting the Tappets done properly.due to which presure builds up nd vise versa. Btw some how even i am family na

@Rustam, bhai i am not the final word, Many people from day one are using CNG and they are happy wid there cars. i was jst telling wat i felt. and Lambda no i dont have any body using it but have read about it from Pakwheels they say its head ache if it get on your neck.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rustam bhai, If Civic is a option then thats better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    yes offcoarse.....civic has always been my option.....its just wohi dar tha ke maintenence mehgi hai....but aj VITZ ki maintenence ka suna to tauba tauba ho gae....
    i mean 1100 ka ek plug
    chalo 900 ka filter acceptible
    but 3000-4000 ka fuel filter assembly
    tranny fluid consideration....uff.....itnay jhanjhat......
    parts mehngay....no CNG....

seriously no jokes and no toyota/honda race-ism, any body except chinyoti tell me....why not go for a CIVIC rather than VITZ 05+.........i am really looking forward to your comments.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@thread moderator....

i am extremely sorry for asking issues on a fan club thread....trust me am a fan of VITZ....its just buying it arisis a lot queries that i need to clear....plz dnt mind

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rustam54
    yes all the cars are working perfect.
    about the civic thing, i would have bought the civic aswell, but i needed a compact car to drive around everyday in traffic, therefore i got the vitz.
    well as compared to the civic the new vitz is still new to the mechanics, and all of them might not be able to understand the car if you get stuck into something major.
    about the engine noise, well my vitz was almost soundless in the cabin when i bought it (this was with 89,000 kms on the clock), but after i installled Cng the engine sound became a bit harsh, but thats not like a big loud car, its simply a tiny bit louder, which you might not even hear if you have the Ac on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Rustam, Vitzes Maintaince isnt expensive, 1100 ka to Bosch k orignal 4 Plugs mil jate hain,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti is the oil only available at toyota dealership or from auto part store and do u know how to check oils level,its written hot and cool level on the dipstick which i dont understand.in your opinion would using caltex transmission oil damage the transmission? @rustam you exactly got to the right point which is price of the mentioned cars,i myself prefer civic over 2005 vitz as u can easily find civic vti oriel 2004-05 in the same price.
    http://www.facebook.com/V8Rx8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    yeah i know,,,,,,but they say its IRIDIUM tips nd are costly....normally longer than normal plugs,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@optimus...

yaar even i want a car for everyday drive,,,,thats why i had cultus,,,,,,,but planning to switch to smthing better........u know with suzuki's u can be careless coz ALLAH NA KARAY agr koi masla ho jaey to its not that costly,,,,,(in Lahore its common that u get scraches or accidently get sqeezed b/w 2 idiots.....the one ahead brakes tight and the one behind cant brake....and in the end u have ur car sandwitched)

agar Vitz ko chaltay waqt bhi wohi dar k lag gae to acha khaasa Kharcha.......to why not CIVIC.....thats why i was preferring it for everyday use

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rustam54

havent been in any major accidents so cant say, but from what ive seen is honda parts are as expensive as vitz, so even if the car gets involved in an accident it wont make any difference weather its vitz or civic. i would have bought the civic because it has a big trunk, is locally assembled, mechanics are avalible. but the only reason why i got the vitz over the civic was because i wanted a compact car. other than that the ride quality the drive the engine noise are almost the same for both. so it basically depends if you want a daily driver or something for weekend.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rustam

I am having both vitz and civic 2005. Vitz maintaince is not much expensive. But driving vitz is more comfortable and you feel luxuries while driving. In this small dinky car you get ABS braking, while in my EXI i have got 4 wheel disc brakes. Vitz has a very marvellous turning radius. Its the first toyota car that has a very good turning radius. I agree that vitz exterior parts are little bit, but civic isn't too far as well. Recently my side mirror got stolen, it costed me 9000 for a new side mirror.

My question is that where I can get my CAT converter removed ?
    4G13 SOHC Turbocharged. 4G93T Mivec Turbo with GT30R, Emanage Ultimate 1.5Bar, 353Whp. 1JZ-GTE, Single Turbo, 4G63T 6th Gen FWD. Team DEKA.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mafzal, avalible at spare parts shops.

@ahmed, cat be removed from any cylincer walla but, the guy i got mine removed from ripped me off changing the dholki costed me around 600

many people like @mafzal, nd sam007 at this forum noe gud cylincer walas, who welded open the dholki removed the CAT nd repacked the same dholki costing them 200-300

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List