0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

consult with optimum or rpm motorsport at zamzama,they will guide you further

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the first cat removed, which was just at the start of exhaust pipe and installed vertically. Looked pretty much chocked. Thanks for all the help; especially the DIY by @gorkan.

Yet to check the improvement on the motorway, but from Khushab city to my home, it was relatively easier to touch 110 km/hr this time. Not sure where the other cat is located ! And the MAF cleaning is yet to be done, when i visit lahore next time.Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - C5CDocuments20and20Settings5CVariant5CDesktop5Ccar5C01

Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - C5CDocuments20and20Settings5CVariant5CDesktop5Ccar5C02Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -16956 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -16957
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats good that u felt improvement in ur cars performance after cat removal
    and as far as maf sensor is concerned u can clean it by ur self

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Fuel Pump Problem

Assallam o allykum masters !

Well, i have Vitz 2000 Automatic transmission. I bought the car back in 2007, and I installed CNG kit.

Everything is smooth and going well, but the Fuel Pump. Since 2007, I have changed 3 fuel pumps and tonight, the current one (I put this one last month) again not working. Just parked my car near a market, and when I came back, the car did not start. I tried few times, but it did not started. Just checked and noticed that the FUEL is not coming to the engine, so once again, the Fuel Pump has gone.

Last month, the fuel pump that I replaced was burnt and its shape was a bit distorted. So i got 1 from Sher Shah and installed that. (Earlier I have also tested brand new pumps).

So Masters ! what do you people think about this problem ? Is there anyone faced a similar situation ?

This is the only problem i m facing, apart from this, the car is PERFECT, mileage PERFECT,A/C on CNG Pick Up is good so no problems at all, but the fuel pump !

Please guide !
    ZH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

helo guys...mai nai vitz li as i told already..guys i need help from experts keh mai vitz keh genuine player ko change nahi karna chatha so pls mujhe yeh batain keh iss player keh sath usb kis tarah lag sakthi hai? aur yeh keh vitz mai security system lag saktha hai?yeh keyless entry system bi disable na ho?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^fahad, security system are useless. faida kya? they only do chun chun, and eat battery for nuthing, and if already have a keyless entry system in your i would request u not to let the local mechanincs play wid the wiring, lagane ko duniya ne lagaya hua hai and they are happy.

u can do this keep the orignal payer wid u an after market cover is avalible ( which is rare, u can purchase that and put a normal mp3 and leave the other socket empty or get a 2 din system there.

btw there was a post that u can buy a Rs.1500 attachment for Vitz it goes in the cd changer socket and u get a usb mmc mp3 player. em not sure if it was 1500 or 10,000.

but if it was 10,000 and i presume ur car is the one which killervtec had, it has a navigation system, for 10,000 u can get dvd player installed in that car
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to clean Vitz MAF Sensor and Carbonator

Hi guys a lot of you have been talking about cleaning the MAF sensor Let me show you guys how I cleaned mine, I have a 2004 1.0 Vitz Auto.
    Here is a description of what I did to clean the MAF Sensor and the carburetor.

First of all open the two clips to remove the air filter next you will need to remove the fixed part of the air box which is held in by 3 bolts right left and back open them all then disconnect the MAF clip which will be on your left and another clip on your right (Don’t know what that’s called) now your can take out the air box and take it to a convenient place where you will need to unscrew the MAF, its held in by 2 posi drive screws they should be easy to open up.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17513 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17514

After removing you can clean the sensor with a degreaser cleaner (it is used to clean electrical boards and contacts it’s available in Saddar Karachi) you will need to clean it at leash 3 times. You need to spray outside of the sensor you will see a electrode fitted on the outside spray until its clean then spay inside the sensor, you should see 2 metallic wires inside spray on them until clean, be very careful with them and spay from a distance of at least 5 cm or so as the wires are very delicate so the don’t get damaged after this clean the sensor with a cotton bud if you’re a perfectionist like me, I repeated the above 3 times before I felt the sensor was fully clean. please dont use WD40 or carb cleaner for this it will totally destroy the sensor.

Let the sensor air dry for at least 1 hour before refitting, for refitting reverse the method you used to open
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17519
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17516 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17517
    Cleaned Sensor

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17518

I also cleaned the Carburetor but it’s detailed to explain as there are a lot of bolts and pipes involved plus clips etc.

Pictures are attached below

Below is dirty and grimy carb

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17520 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17521 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17522 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17523

Below is the cleaned Carb and other fittings before refitting

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17524 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17525

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17526

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17527
    I used the above product to clean the carb but also Meti ka tail "Parafin" then flushed the carb with clean meti ka tail before fitting

The results are that there is a 10 to 15 present increase in power on both CNG and Petrol. Before cleaning top speed in city was 110 to 115Km/h and now its 130 to 140km/h in city.

Done the work today and done a test run to check speed and over all performance managed to touch 139 Km/h near my home on Khyban – e – Ittahad DHA
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comToyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - P
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17513 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17514 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17516 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17517 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17518 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17519 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17520 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17521 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17522 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17523 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17524 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17525 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17526 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17527 Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17528

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice D.I.Y...
    Just Need To Clear That Thing You Clean Is Called TB(Throttle Body)
    Carb(Carburetor) Is Used In Non EFi Cars For Total Fuel Supply...!
    Its Just Throttle Body ....!!
    Nice DIY And Will Surely Help Others (y)
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Nice D.I.Y...
    Just Need To Clear That Thing You Clean Is Called TB(Throttle Body)
    Carb(Carburetor) Is Used In Non EFi Cars For Total Fuel Supply...!
    Its Just Throttle Body ....!!
    Nice DIY And Will Surely Help Others (y)

Thanks for the reply buddy and your 100% correct its was the Throttle body not carb but I just call the TB a carb as its a force of habit lolz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice job Boi must have cleaned Intake Manifold aswell chalo do it next time and remove tht CAR killer GAs coz after 18percent idont think so its anymore cheap lolz
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone, please help me !

I posted the fuel pump problems back on 31-12-2009, 10:46 PM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshanhashmi View Post
    Anyone, please help me !

I posted the fuel pump problems back on 31-12-2009, 10:46 PM

There is a possibility that you wires leading to the fuel pump are short (When they spark or come in contact with each other they toast your fuel pump) that in why your pump keeps burning out, I suggest you get some new wiring put in which leads to the pump that should solve your problem and do install a original Toyota Fuel pump not a cheap counterfeit as they rarely last long.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Hope it helps you bro<o:p></o:p>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    nice job Boi must have cleaned Intake Manifold aswell chalo do it next time and remove tht CAR killer GAs coz after 18percent idont think so its anymore cheap lolz
    I also cleaned the Intake Manifold don’t worry well when it comes to GAS and petrol my car works out at:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Rupees: 4.8/- on Petrol per KM
    Rupees: 3.7/- on CNG per KM at the new price
    Well a 1 rupee difference in not really worth it but let’s see if prices don’t change or changes favorably i.e. petrol prices fall further then will surely remove the CNG. Lets see I’ll wait till the 15<SUP>th</SUP> then will decide what to do…

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Orignal CD-Player of Vitz

Salam all;

mujhe vitz ka orignal CD-player chahiya (same colour of dash)
    any idea kahan se mile ga aur price idea ?
    aur kia us main FM kay saray channels ajain *** ?

i m currently using this :

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -17695 [img]

i want this one :

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/att...chmentid=17696
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^JavidZee

Thanks a lot for your reply ! In fact, I do no hesitate to spent when it comes to car maintenance. So I visited Toyota and even they had the Chinese Fuel Pump, which I did not given preference.

I think you are right to check the wiring, and I am sure you mean the wiring with the PLUG that plugs with the filter's top just under the back seat of the car. Am I right ?
    I will check that.

Also, I observed that, i m not the only person facing this trouble, with me, I found 4 other people (1 vitz, 1 santro, 1 cultus and 1 i dont remember) and they all was buying a fuel pump.

I analyzed, and found something that can be TRUE. Here it is:

When we install CNG and when the car is ON and RUNNING on CNG, what the fuel pump is doing ?

The answer is that the fuel pump runs continuously. Now, the main function of the fuel pump is to THROW petrol to engine with pressure. But as we have CNG, the petrol is not injected to the engine, and fuel pump continues to put pressure.

This excessive pressure which is not really released anyway (as the PETROL is not going to engine) makes the pump tired and it started to deteriorate gradually and come to a point where it stops working.

Today, with my electrician, we did a new (or may be tried) experiment. We put a small button (not clearly visible though) and linked the fuel pump wires to that. Now, after starting the car, and converting to the CNG, the button will be pressed to stop the fuel pump. This way, the fuel pump will no more do any excessive efforts to boost petrol in to the engine. If we want to drive the car on petrol, we can simply press the button and then can convert to petrol.

What do you think ?

All other peoples, please put your thoughts on it.

regards
    ZH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shiraz, y do u want it, wen u can easily put a mp3 in ur car?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshanhashmi
    never noticed anyone having such problem so dont really know the solution,but if it is due to constant load on fuel pump even when the car is on cng then it would have been the very common problem but its not so i think the problem with ur fuel pump is something else but still i hope the external switch solves ur problem.
    @shiraz
    i second chinyoti,get n aftermarket mp3 player and enjoy,in my case i have the original player installed but i hardly on it because its of no use as i have installed mp3 player in the place where navigation systems are installed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shirz if u still want it u can get it from shairsha, its abt 2 to 2.5 k in market people ask about 4k

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default plesae advice me about tyres

Assalam o alykum
    dear members i've vitz 2005. tyre size 165/70r14. please advice me can i change it to 15inch or the best size that not effect suspension.as i heared from some people kay changing size will effect the suspension.and also advice me the brand of the tyres thankx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^mafzaltareen
    Thanks for your comments ! yes it seems a bit of strange problem with me. Anyways, let see if the solution i put today will work.

I have some more queries so people, please reply !

1) I have a FM patch, that gives me all the channels but it does not catch those channels on many places. is this Antenna problem ? I have small like a half finger default antenna installed BLACK COLOR and it can be screwed out. So I am sure there is a way to install a taller antenna. Any one can suggest how to solve this problem and where to buy the taller antenna ?

2) I want to have USB MP3 player, where I can buy that, for how much etc ?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List