0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a4aatif View Post
    Caltex Havoline, go for it. i am using more than year too. fully satisfied
    Thanx for replies brother. I have also decided to switch to Caltex Havoline. I must mention here my communication with Caltex people regarding the same issue. Caltex is launching its brilliant Havoline Energy (Fully synthetic, API SM, 5w30) in mid of August. So i have decided to switch to havoline energy in august, or whenever launched.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @Speed_manan and @Salman2k960
    I'm using Zic A+ for almost two years. Used Havoline Formula (10W30) once before switching over to Zic just cuz Zic's viscocity was the exact match; otherwise, the Formula appeared equally good.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speed_manan View Post
    hmmm does sound comes when you turn your car or can it be hear going straight too? i think it comes when you turn your car...yea there's a problem in your axle..get it changed (though expensive,but will solve the problem) as fixing axle isn't recommended..joints get weak,so they can never be repaired like original/new one...your choice..but take your car to some professiona at Toyota Motors..maybe they can solve it dekh ker pata chalay ga sahi

Thanks bro, Sound is comming on a straight run, while applying brakes..?
    Can any body guide me to good mechanic in karachi? whether local or toyota?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman2k960 View Post
    Posting after a loooooooooong time. salam to all vitz lover.
    @storm
    glad to c u r still on this forum.

MY Question....
    My sonu is 2004 Automatic, 60,000 km driven. Alhamdulillah, going great.
    Eversince i bought it, i was using ZIC A+ (5w30). but zic 5w30 is not available these days. so i filled with ZIC 10w40...but i am dissappointed. pick is lost. transmission jerks more prominent. engine a little bit noisy.
    So have strictly decided to Deviate from ZIC.

After a lot of lot of Googling, i have short listed:
    1: Caltex Havoline Formula
    Pros: 10w30, nearest to owner manual specs
    Cons: non-synthetic, API SL
    2: Shell Helix Ultra
    Pros: fully synthetic, API SM
    Cons: 5w40, deviates from toyota recomendation
    Also, a lot of ppl dont like Shell, somehow.
    3: Total Quartz 9000
    Pros and cons are same as Shell helix Ultra.

SO..........
    Kindly the Vitz Owner plz share their experience of any of the above mentioned Oils and help me make a rite decision....once forever.

P.S.: I would request u to share ur "PERSONAL" experience only coz that would be the most authentic than anything "Suni sunai".
    sorry for the late reply buddy, been tied up with some family issues in the last few days. i noticed in another thread that you have already made your choice and you have used logic to make a decision. though you may not know it i have been following your posts since 07 and the fact that you also use yarisworld keeps you on my list of "informed members".

your decision is not bad at all, if you have factored in your driving style and the temp rating at 100 degrees. good luck and do let me know your feedback over time using the new oil as you are one of those people who i enjoy discussing such stuff with. (please be more active on the site as well )
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal17pk View Post
    Thanks bro, Sound is comming on a straight run, while applying brakes..?
    Can any body guide me to good mechanic in karachi? whether local or toyota?

Help Required....???? Where are all Vitz Experts...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^did u get it checked while a mechanic sitting next to you ?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^did u get it checked while a mechanic sitting next to you ?
    Yes yaar, but the problem is that it start to come for some time than gone.. than comes again after some time.. so when mechanics do their jobs and check it doesnt appair for some time but afterwards it starts again...

Got it checked from two mechanics one repaired axle and other brakes.. but problem still remains...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What did they repair if they didnt knew what was wrong, try driving it on bumpy road with windows closed, ur deck turned off.. so may get a better idea where actualy the sound comes from its probably suspension bushes. also try driving on a clean empty road again to get an idea.

So ull be able to judge better.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What did they repair if they didnt knew what was wrong, try driving it on bumpy road with windows closed, ur deck turned off.. so may get a better idea where actualy the sound comes from its probably suspension bushes. also try driving on a clean empty road again to get an idea.

So ull be able to judge better.
    Yr car doesnt produce any sound on bumpy or on clean roads, its producing sound of tuk (Some times only) while pumping brakes softly..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats strange and imposible for me or someone who hasnt faced such a issue to determine what could be wrong, il suggest to live with it if its realy not bugging you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yr car doesnt produce any sound on bumpy or on clean roads, its producing sound of tuk (Some times only) while pumping brakes softly..
    i hope one of your brake pistons isn't jamming....
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Is that the same thing as Brake calipers? is yes, thn shouldnt it be jamming the wheel and eating the brake pad ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I i guess you always point out reasonable question, would like to know if it is then how to get it checked as last mechanic did brake service, he said brake pads are shining so some time slips and cause that sounds...?

thats strange and imposible for me or someone who hasnt faced such a issue to determine what could be wrong, il suggest to live with it if its realy not bugging you

Yr Its really bothering me, as i love my cars and any sound just hit in my mind... I am really confused as no body is getting to the root of the problem..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is that the same thing as Brake calipers? is yes, thn shouldnt it be jamming the wheel and eating the brake pad ?
    i meant that it'd be jamming int the open position and when he applied brakes rather then smoothly applying pressure to the pad it waits and then fires like a piston instead (causing the "tak" sound)

I i guess you always point out reasonable question, would like to know if it is then how to get it checked as last mechanic did brake service, he said brake pads are shining so some time slips and cause that sounds...?
    don't worry about the pads, the issue i'm more worried about is the brake piston inside the caliper.

also have your suspension bushes checked (or check them yourself by getting under the car)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all, since some days there was some odd sound in my car i ignored it thinking the poilshes in boot were coliding and make noise. but today my father was driving the car and i was sitting it rear right side, so i could actualy feel it.

The rear coil over (shock absorber) has a black rubber/plastic mount that seemed broken, altho it just seems a cover i didnt remove it to stop the noise as i wanted to consult some body.

Previusly i was planing to replace my cars shock absorbers as they felt hard, i had also talked about kabli stuff but i jst couldnt spent money on the car.

I think now its time that i atleast replace the rear shockers so what do you think are my options?

after market geniune ones, something sporty? and does any one has any idea what do they cost. secondly i noted Vitz has rear springs and coil over mounted seperatly, while my Baleno has the same setup in Front and back (springs are on the shockers)

Awaiting replies

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Gonna buy Vitz 1999 Model, want to know what things should i check in it!

Dear All,

Soon inshaAllah i will be joining Vitz Owners Club. Right now i am novice for Toyota Vitz!... i am gonna buy toyota Vitz model 1999 white color, the person is demanding 550k for it. Guys i want to ask your suggestions and help in this regard
    Please inform me what things should i check in that car. Before Vitz i owned Daihatsu Coure 2006 model and i have been using it for years!... i dont have much idea about how to purchase an automatic japanese car Vitz... i dont want someone would apply CHOONAA to me!
    Need your help and guidence to purchase right toyota vitz!

Regards,
    Maaz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maazibrahim View Post
    Dear All,

Soon inshaAllah i will be joining Vitz Owners Club. Right now i am novice for Toyota Vitz!... i am gonna buy toyota Vitz model 1999 white color, the person is demanding 550k for it. Guys i want to ask your suggestions and help in this regard
    Please inform me what things should i check in that car. Before Vitz i owned Daihatsu Coure 2006 model and i have been using it for years!... i dont have much idea about how to purchase an automatic japanese car Vitz... i dont want someone would apply CHOONAA to me!
    Need your help and guidence to purchase right toyota vitz!

Regards,
    Maaz
    for perfect guidance, call alta on 03332135567

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sameerbhae, u need to answer my query too

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @Storm

@ Storm:
    Who is alta and how can he help me?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i meant that it'd be jamming int the open position and when he applied brakes rather then smoothly applying pressure to the pad it waits and then fires like a piston instead (causing the "tak" sound)

don't worry about the pads, the issue i'm more worried about is the brake piston inside the caliper.

also have your suspension bushes checked (or check them yourself by getting under the car)
    Thanks for your replies. Guys my car issue is resolved i guess .. let it be confirmed then will tell you guys where was the reall problem..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List