0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Everyone

I have bought Vitz 2005<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I have tested its top speed which reached to 170 km/h.<o:p></o:p>
    And the mileage of my car in city with AC is not exceeding 10.5 km/l.<o:p></o:p>
    I have got cleaned my throttle body with spray.<o:p></o:p>
    I have changed engine and gear oil.<o:p></o:p>
    Spark plugs are fine (iridium).<o:p></o:p>
    Air filter has also been changed.<o:p></o:p>
    Don’t know about CAT Filter… Please guide me how could I increase my car mileage.<o:p></o:p>
    Please also do let me know from where I can remove CAT filter in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Lahore</st1:place></st1:City> and the best workshop for vitz.<o:p></o:p>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maazibrahim View Post
    @ Storm:
    Who is alta and how can he help me?
    alta is a car dealer who many of us have bought our cars from in KHI. he can tell you everythign you need to know about the vitz

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    @all, since some days there was some odd sound in my car i ignored it thinking the poilshes in boot were coliding and make noise. but today my father was driving the car and i was sitting it rear right side, so i could actualy feel it.

The rear coil over (shock absorber) has a black rubber/plastic mount that seemed broken, altho it just seems a cover i didnt remove it to stop the noise as i wanted to consult some body.

Previusly i was planing to replace my cars shock absorbers as they felt hard, i had also talked about kabli stuff but i jst couldnt spent money on the car.

I think now its time that i atleast replace the rear shockers so what do you think are my options?

after market geniune ones, something sporty? and does any one has any idea what do they cost. secondly i noted Vitz has rear springs and coil over mounted seperatly, while my Baleno has the same setup in Front and back (springs are on the shockers)

Awaiting replies
    io swapped out the old and tired shocks from my vitz with brand new units and the car was perfect. i'd not suggest "upgrading" anything as it can lead to many more issues. just find good replacement rear units (usually tokiko) and you'll be fine.

do not get he "sporty" ones as you are already complaining abotu a stiff ride.

Quote Originally Posted by faisal17pk View Post
    Thanks for your replies. Guys my car issue is resolved i guess .. let it be confirmed then will tell you guys where was the reall problem..
    so what was it?
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

io swapped out the old and tired shocks from my vitz with brand new units and the car was perfect. i'd not suggest "upgrading" anything as it can lead to many more issues. just find good replacement rear units (usually tokiko) and you'll be fine.

do not get he "sporty" ones as you are already complaining abotu a stiff ride.
    Thanks alot Sameer bhae, the geniune ones cost around 6k quoted to me by a friend i still need to confirm but 6k sounds reasonable.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speed_manan View Post
    mine is 2003 1.0L total stock without CNG kit or cylinder..it goes upto 155km/hr on motorway with O/D OFF.
    i think if you aren't getting good millege,you should get CAT from your car removed as soon as possible.rest get your spark plug cleaned and yes some good semi synthethic oil..i use ZIC A.
    yar please let me know the good workshop from where i can remove cat

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by faisal17pk Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - viewpost
    Thanks for your replies. Guys my car issue is resolved i guess .. let it be confirmed then will tell you guys where was the reall problem..

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    so what was it?

Actually when i got my car it started having a sound like grrrr from right front wheel, got it checked and it was due to brake disc safety plate which was bend and colliding with disc.. Mechanic did seperated it but some part of it (Right top corner) got stuck and which was producing that sound of tuk, mechanic pressed disc a bit at that point and that sound came.. now that corner part is also seperated far from disc hoping that this really was the problem.. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

^ Just to mention, for this minor fault which almost three mechanics did not found. costed me as below.

Brake Setting: 500Rs.
    Axle Fixture: 2500Rs
    And finally the real problem (also includes oil,air/oil filter and nut bolt tightening) = 100Rs.

and finally hoping that its gone..

7. 31-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    on OP request

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salman2k960
    Thanks.... I didn't notice that Zic have changed the viscocity grade of Zic A+ from 5W30 to 5W20. Now I have a 3L sealed pack with me and don't know what to do with it as i didn't ask for the receipt when i bought it.

I'll be visiting Islamabad tomorrow; would be kind if somebody name a few reliable outlets of Caltex Havoline there. Thanks..
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Everyone

I have bought Vitz 2005
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comToyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - FONT<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Lahore</st1:place></st1:City> and the best workshop for vitz.<o:p></o:p>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akifnaseer View Post
    @salman2k960
    Thanks.... I didn't notice that Zic have changed the viscocity grade of Zic A+ from 5W30 to 5W20. Now I have a 3L sealed pack with me and don't know what to do with it as i didn't ask for the receipt when i bought it.

I'll be visiting Islamabad tomorrow; would be kind if somebody name a few reliable outlets of Caltex Havoline there. Thanks..
    Need not mention bhai.
    Well, on this weekend, i have finally said GOOD-BYE ti mr ZIC. I have now joined Caltex Havoline Formula club and mind it....so far, so good.

Caltex has an XpressLube facility at F6 Markaz (Super Market). Just go there and ask them What is XpressLube?
    Here are two links to help u.
    Havoline.com: XpressLube

and this one:
    Havoline.com: XpressLube

So far, i am very satisfied with their service plus havoline seems to be the rite choice for Vitz. Today i am going to LHR via motorway, so this will test the power of caltex havoline as well.
    Hope u r answered

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    sorry for the late reply buddy, been tied up with some family issues in the last few days. i noticed in another thread that you have already made your choice and you have used logic to make a decision. though you may not know it i have been following your posts since 07 and the fact that you also use yarisworld keeps you on my list of "informed members".

your decision is not bad at all, if you have factored in your driving style and the temp rating at 100 degrees. good luck and do let me know your feedback over time using the new oil as you are one of those people who i enjoy discussing such stuff with. (please be more active on the site as well )
    Thanx for compliments brother. Like others, im just another vitz lover who has learnt a lot from this thread.

Yes ofcourse, i have now shifted to caltex havoline formula and has found it good so far. will post detailed feedback after my this week's tour to lahore from pindi.

Actually, my next desire is to wash my car's engine. i have searched for some DIYs but nothing detailed. im also looking for MAF sensor cleaning plus throttle body cleaning DIYs, ( i remember probably storm bhai posted both of these DIYs but im unable to find them . ) i did find air intake cleaning DIY by storm bhai but not sure i f i can perform that. So guys, if u have done any of the DIYs i mentioned, kindly post pictorial guide with good quality pictures.
    Thanx.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi friends,

I am living in Islamabad and got a Vitz 2001, Silver color, nice to be here and got some very useful information. I have a problem that I would like to share, any suggestion is appreciated, also I need to know a quality mechanic for Vitz.

The CNG is added by the previous owner. The issue is whenever I turn the air conditioning on, I have difficulty in applying breaks. The break paddle get too tight, almost jammed and its hard to apply breaks in time. It's more cumbersome on CNG and less on Petrol on lower speed. On higher speed the break works fine and the paddle is soft.

subscribing to email responses...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lahore members should be helping you, abt the cat

about the mileage what tire size are you using? are they inflated properly, and if ur driving the car on short trips i mean grocerys short trips 10.5 with ac is what you should get, or may be if u should get better average let the other Vitz owners also comments as im not realy sure about the 2005+ Vitzes
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asimkh1

Chinyoti has really pointed out rite thing. TIRE SIZE does matter. wrong tire size mean wrong ODO readings. hence wrong KMs to be divided by fuel consumed.
    As far as CAT removal is concerned, safe shot is always the toyota guys. they will charge u more, more they will support u more as well. one thing u must remember, NO ENGINEERS FIXING CARS, THEY R ALL MECHANICS. my friend recently got CAT removed from Toyota, charged 2500Rs.

As i have always said, dont worry abt ur cars milage. I like that indian Ad where a man goes to jungle to test if the car does 22km/L as claimed by the manufacturer and is caught by jungle men. its proved that Vitz city performance is 11-13, and highway is 14-16. obviously, as car gets older, fuel economy changes. nature of ur trips, condition of ur car and very very importantly [WHICH OIL GRADE U R USING?], all decide mileage.
    Hope u will check all these things and will be satisfied with ur love .

Quote Originally Posted by naqviali View Post
    Hi friends,

I am living in Islamabad and got a Vitz 2001, Silver color, nice to be here and got some very useful information. I have a problem that I would like to share, any suggestion is appreciated, also I need to know a quality mechanic for Vitz.

The CNG is added by the previous owner. The issue is whenever I turn the air conditioning on, I have difficulty in applying breaks. The break paddle get too tight, almost jammed and its hard to apply breaks in time. It's more cumbersome on CNG and less on Petrol on lower speed. On higher speed the break works fine and the paddle is soft.
    Read this thread. hope it will help u:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cng...e-while-ac-cng

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To add to @salman, the new Vitz needs to have iridium plugs which cost around Rs.1300 a peice in Karachi, but they last a gud 100,000kms so be sure ure using the right plugs and the airfilter is cleaned.

im not sure about the plug code at the moment but il let u noe asap

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Salman2k960

Thanks a lot... So I went to the F6 Makaz Caltex Express Lube centre yesterday and got replaced Zic A+ with Havoline Formula.

@Asimkh1
    Don't know exactly about the Cat location in new Vitz; in my 2004 Vitz it was loated just at the start of the exhaust pipe, in vertical position behind the radiator. There is a good DIY post of @gorkan about removing (breaking it). If your car can do 170km/hr, i don't think the cat is a problem for you yet. In my case, my top speed dropped to below 100 km/hr; and cat removal worked very good. I just paid Rs.100/- to a simple silencer guy and guided him about the location and how to break the cat convertor.

Today I went to Autoclub (I-10/3) to get some pending jobs done. There has been a screeching sound coming from the front tires (or tire) sometimes when i pressed the brake pedal and sometimes on a turn without pressing the brakes. 6 months ago, i had changed the front brake leathers (Rs.700/-). I thought that these might be causing it; so got them replaced by genuine ones from autoclub (Rs.3100/- for front and Rs.1800/- for rear ones); and Rs.700/- for service charges. However, on my way back home, I still observed the screechy sound, but may be a lil lesser. Have to see another mechanic now i suppose.

Also got my left side mirror repaired. Its base was broken, mirror was in perfect shape however. Some fusing work involved; they charged Rs. 800/- for that. Job looks well-done so far, no vibrations in the mirror. Lets see how long it lasts! The original one as they quotted the price was for Rs. 10 thousand! The kabli one was for Rs.3800/- The base plate alone was unavailable.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal17pk View Post
    Quote:
    so what was it?

Actually when i got my car it started having a sound like grrrr from right front wheel, got it checked and it was due to brake disc safety plate which was bend and colliding with disc.. Mechanic did seperated it but some part of it (Right top corner) got stuck and which was producing that sound of tuk, mechanic pressed disc a bit at that point and that sound came.. now that corner part is also seperated far from disc hoping that this really was the problem.. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    so i was closest

Quote Originally Posted by asimkh1 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have bought Vitz 2005
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comToyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - FONT<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Lahore</st1:place></st1:City> and the best workshop for vitz.<o:p></o:p>
    stick to original tyres, ensure they are correctly inflated, remove all excess weight (woofers etc), remove all bodykits, spoilers and "airpress" from the car, remove the insides of your catalytic converter.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

f_m
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar koi naqviali ka bhi jwab do........ i feel the same.
    is this a genuine prblm or what..........

"The CNG is added by the previous owner. The issue is whenever I turn the air conditioning on, I have difficulty in applying breaks. The break paddle get too tight, almost jammed and its hard to apply breaks in time. It's more cumbersome on CNG and less on Petrol on lower speed. On higher speed the break works fine and the paddle is soft."

naqviali ka bhi jwab do logo.
    i feel the same

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naqviali View Post
    Hi friends,

subscribing to email responses...
    your idle rpm is set too low on CNG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should i buy Vitz at this point of time when budget is expected with removel of ban

Hi all,

Its a news prevailing these days that the govt. will remove the ban on imported cars like Vitz in the upcoming budget. I want all of yours opinion that should i buy Vitz before budget or after budget?
    I am about to buy Vitz 1999/2000 and looking for a good one!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its nothing like removing ban on Vitz or a particular car, but there are rumours that now 5 years old cars would be allowed with a depreciation rate off 1.5 % which was previusly revised to 3 yrs and 1 % depreciation from 10 yrs old cars and 2% depreciaton.

So if they allow 5 yr old cars and the depreciation to 1.5% duties would be lesser, and older cars would come in creating cheaper options and decreasing costs.

Not much effect in the price of the car ur buying may the price might decrease.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Havoline Formula- The rite Engine Oil for Vitz

At last, my return trip to LHR via FSD ( from pindi ) has ended and has proved that caltex havoline formula is THE rite choice for vitz. the pick, the sound, the mileage ... everything perfect. the car was FULLY LOADED on way back, even then no heating, no extra fuel consumption. [ note that my avg speed was 125+]
    So atleast for vitz 2004, petrol... havoline is the best

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vitz filter got burned.what is a reason behind him .the shop keper said that it is due to car heats up.or something other thing happens or this thing is comman in vitz.
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -88933
    something is mis@ing....................

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List