0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Usamashahid View Post
    my vitz filter got burned.what is a reason behind him .the shop keper said that it is due to car heats up.or something other thing happens or this thing is comman in vitz.
    Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - 88933
    You must be running the car on CNG.
    At times coz of the problem in the timing, the engine back fires sending a flame through the induction system. That flame may have caused this damage.
    This problem is comonly seen in all Toyota Z Gen engines running on CNG.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HI GUYS

I brought a toyota vitz 2002
    59000km done
    cng
    top speed 155km/h
    front/rear break pad replaced
    installed new rim tyres 185/65/14
    sparking plugs cleaned
    throter body clean wid petrol
    new air filter
    ZIC oil. (yellow Bottle)
    average cng milage at local 2.5 RS per KM

can any tell me abt CAT?? im littlebit confused.
    i hav viewed the previous post but nt understand weather i have to remove it or not.

f_m
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i friends,

I am living in Islamabad and got a Vitz 2001, Silver color, nice to be here and got some very useful information. I have a problem that I would like to share, any suggestion is appreciated, also I need to know a quality mechanic for Vitz.

The CNG is added by the previous owner. The issue is whenever I turn the air conditioning on, I have difficulty in applying breaks. The break paddle get too tight, almost jammed and its hard to apply breaks in time. It's more cumbersome on CNG and less on Petrol on lower speed. On higher speed the break works fine and the paddle is soft.

subscribing to email responses...

f_m
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All

the above statement was by naqviali but i see no reply on this

i also have the same problem
    can some expert elaborate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsumbal1 View Post
    You must be running the car on CNG.
    At times coz of the problem in the timing, the engine back fires sending a flame through the induction system. That flame may have caused this damage.
    This problem is comonly seen in all Toyota Z Gen engines running on CNG.
    thanks brother for clearify this problem . but their is any solution available to solve this problem.
    something is mis@ing....................

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by f_m View Post
    Dear All

the above statement was by naqviali but i see no reply on this

i also have the same problem
    can some expert elaborate

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cng/...e-while-ac-cng
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali8627 View Post
    HI GUYS

I brought a toyota vitz 2002
    59000km done
    cng
    top speed 155km/h
    front/rear break pad replaced
    installed new rim tyres 185/65/14
    sparking plugs cleaned
    throter body clean wid petrol
    new air filter
    ZIC oil. (yellow Bottle)
    average cng milage at local 2.5 RS per KM

can any tell me abt CAT?? im littlebit confused.
    i hav viewed the previous post but nt understand weather i have to remove it or not.

Search in the same forum the question has been asked several times. Or the easy way is search for Pakwheels member @gorkan he posted a DIY how to remove the CAT

CAT is basicly a filter used in the exhaust system to filter impurities to minimize emiisions. But due to lead in Pakistani fuel it gets choked after some time of being used on Pakistani petrol. If ur using CNG in ur car since day one it should not be choked. No need to remove it.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2008 stop-start feature

Hi guys. I have bought a second-hand Vitz 2007 (Japanese import). It has the economy stop-start feature. This is supposed to stop the engine when you press the break pedal down for some time so that you save petrol. My problem is that everytime I press the break pedal and stop the engine turns off and although it starts again when I release the break pedal it is bothering me because I don't think it is supposed to do that all the time. When I am in a slow moving traffic and I concentrate not to press the break pedal down completely, the engine doesn't stop but if I press the break pedal properly it does. Do you know anything about this?Maybe send me a link for manual of a vitz 2007 where it shows this feature, because the manual I have is in Japanese thanks for reading

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Found a very good manual for DIYs for Yaris/Vitz

Please sign in to your eSnips account
    or
    yarisworld eSnips Folder

this is from the yarisworld.com forums.. includes help on various topics.. for e.g.

Disable You Seatbelt Alarm (on/off switch)
    Discreet Mounting of 12v Adapter
    Hatch-back Spoiler Install
    Replace Stock Deck
    Strut Tower Bar Install
    Tach Installation
    Tint/Vinyl Your Tail Lights

etc... hope this is helpful

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Usamashahid View Post
    thanks brother for clearify this problem . but their is any solution available to solve this problem.
    Your car's timing advancer must be faulty.
    Get it changed and make sure that you get a genuin one not a counterfiet or fake.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by f_m View Post
    i friends,

I am living in Islamabad and got a Vitz 2001, Silver color, nice to be here and got some very useful information. I have a problem that I would like to share, any suggestion is appreciated, also I need to know a quality mechanic for Vitz.

The CNG is added by the previous owner. The issue is whenever I turn the air conditioning on, I have difficulty in applying breaks. The break paddle get too tight, almost jammed and its hard to apply breaks in time. It's more cumbersome on CNG and less on Petrol on lower speed. On higher speed the break works fine and the paddle is soft.

subscribing to email responses...
    this type of problem occurs when the abs breaking system of car is not working fine . . .usually this occurs after the installation of cng kits . . . may be the cng advancer is not of standard quality that meets the performance goal for the computer system of your car. . .otherwise you should also have to make checkup of abs breaks from the toyota capital workshop . . .bcz the have the all kinds of computer checking and viewing the status of computer and all the sensors of your car.........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 05 Compressor issue

Hi All,

I've vitz 2005, 38k driven. Two months back its compressor stopped working so I changed it with clutch based (originally it had sensor based) compressor, on mechanic's advise.

though new compressor works perfect but if car is 'D' on stop and starting ac after tripping, cause a greater vibration depending on fan's speed, sometime on 'P' and 'N' too. sometimes it vibrates so badly that i feel engine is going to stop.

after installing clutch based sensor, I had to change it's pulley, as clutch based had 5 pk lines so i've to change it with 6.

few days back i got an issue in that magnet and pulley and it was jammed which resulted in belt's loss.
    I've to change whole pulley set again along with belt. Kindly advise me what to do to stop this vibration and help me improve its performance.

I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Bet: It's on petrol

Thanks,
    Ï ïïïº ® ´¿ð´ ñ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much would a CLEAN vitz 02 or 03 model ...i am talking about the facelift version cost in karachi ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman2k960 View Post
    At last, my return trip to LHR via FSD ( from pindi ) has ended and has proved that caltex havoline formula is THE rite choice for vitz. the pick, the sound, the mileage ... everything perfect. the car was FULLY LOADED on way back, even then no heating, no extra fuel consumption. [ note that my avg speed was 125+]
    So atleast for vitz 2004, petrol... havoline is the best
    without trying all the other options how can you say that?
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair000 View Post
    how much would a clean vitz 02 or 03 model ...i am talking about the facelift version cost in karachi ?:s
    650+

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing good!

I have recently purchased an unregistered 2006 Vitz (AT – petrol only) from a local dealer here in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comToyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - >&ltst1place wst</st1:place><st1:City w:st="on">Islamabad</st1:City>. Soon after I had it, I got it thoroughly checked (40,000km inspection and maintenance) from Toyota Motors Dealer in Aabpara Market. Resultantly, I got its air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, engine oil, AT oil, sparking plugs, replaced. I also got the throttle-body serviced.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comToyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - P
    Now the issue is that from the day I purchased it, it is consistently have problems with its acceleration. I mean it is not the typical pick or acceleration issues you would have with 1000cc engines. While I am driving and accelerating suddenly the car stops accelerating, and becomes neutral (the gear doesn’t shift to neutral but the car just wont accelerate) as if the air intake (or exhaust system) is choked or something. I took it to the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:City> dealership again, and they removed the CAT converter. Yet there is no relief, in fact, the problem has worsened. Now, I am having issues with normal pick-up and acceleration as well, in addition to the existing problem.
    <o:p></o:p>

Kindly suggest as to what could be the reason for this problem. Is it an electronic issue (because the computer the mechanics are using don’t indicate one), or air intake/exhaust problem? Furthermore, which mechanic would you guys suggest?

Your feedback would mean a lot to me.

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please help.....

1. Still no solution for CNG on Vitz 2005?

2. My car is giving rattling sound in slow speed. I have Changed, Air Filter, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs (Radium), Battery, and cleaned the throttle body. But the sound is still there. Almost forgot CAT is already removed. One more thing, I replaced the spark plugs from Toyota Motors Islamabad almost 2 months back. While cleaning throttle body, the mechanic told me that spark plugs have seem to have carbon on them, means they are electrical-shorting (cant find the exact word).

3. The RPMs drop making the silencer vibrate. The silencer vibrate so furiously that it gives a whistling sound. It happens when the car is standing or in low speed. The sound did disappear when I get the throttle body clean. The car didn't drop RPM but it started to occur soon after, 3-4 days.

So what can I do to get rid of the rattling sound and other issues. By the way, can changing Spark Plugs solves the issue and can I use spark plugs other than Radium ones. Do I need a computerized tune up or something? Any decent mechanic in Rawalpindi / Islamabad for computerized tuning?

Help will be appreciated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello friends
    Yesterday, my car (vitz 2002 automatic) was over heating but i didnt have the water available so i kept driving the car. After a while engine stopped automatically. I kept the car off to get the engine cool and then again drove it to my home. It stopped a couple of times again. I checked later and found that there was no coolant in it. Now i have filled it and car is running normally, just wanted to know if there is something i should check which might had got damaged during this issue??
    Regard
    Fahad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everyone

Let me join the club just bough Vitz 2007 imported 4 days ago, in white color. Now i will be readig this topic a lot and asking a lot of question be prepared

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by netone View Post
    Hello everyone

Let me join the club just bough Vitz 2007 imported 4 days ago, in white color. Now i will be readig this topic a lot and asking a lot of question be prepared
    Congrats, i bought the same model couple of weeks back as 2nd car and because my most of exp is of VTIs it is a bit disappointing to drive vitz

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List