0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@03332648155

get the CAT removed, you will have to get it removed sooner or later, due to the bad fuel available here.

yes get the sensor cleaned as well, but be careful because it is very delicate, and if damaged will have to be replaced.

take the car to Khan motors korangi road, near kh- ittehad karachi, he can do pretty much everything.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusSS View Post
    @03332648155

get the CAT removed, you will have to get it removed sooner or later, due to the bad fuel available here.

yes get the sensor cleaned as well, but be careful because it is very delicate, and if damaged will have to be replaced.

take the car to Khan motors korangi road, near kh- ittehad karachi, he can do pretty much everything.
    Thx alot sir, i assume when u say bad fuel, ur talking abt petrol? I use my car on CNG (environment friendly and cheap and no bad emissions i guess).
    It only starts on petrol cuz of the efi cng kit do i still have to remove the CAT?

Cuz im afraid it might not be environment friendly and i would prefer getting CAT de-choked every month rather than harming innocent plants and animals everyday, besides invading their homes (forests, aquatic-life, wild-life) we harm them by everything we do everyday and its heart-breaking.

So driving on CNG do u still think i should get CAT removed if im ready to get it cleaned every month?
    And if the MAF sensor is somehow damaged, how much would it cost (if available easily)?
    My Subwoofers Are My Massagers! Chronic Bass Tolerence, Induced!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 03332648155 View Post
    Thx alot sir, i assume when u say bad fuel, ur talking abt petrol? I use my car on CNG (environment friendly and cheap and no bad emissions i guess).
    It only starts on petrol cuz of the efi cng kit do i still have to remove the CAT?

Cuz im afraid it might not be environment friendly and i would prefer getting CAT de-choked every month rather than harming innocent plants and animals everyday, besides invading their homes (forests, aquatic-life, wild-life) we harm them by everything we do everyday and its heart-breaking.

So driving on CNG do u still think i should get CAT removed if im ready to get it cleaned every month?
    And if the MAF sensor is somehow damaged, how much would it cost (if available easily)?
    The CAT is located in the exhaust manifold, so if its choked then it will affect your cars performance adversely, even if you run your car on CNG. The CAT can not be cleaned, it has to be replaced. It will cost you more than 20k to get a new one. however the desi alternate is to break and remove it.

tha MAF sensor would cost around 3k according to my knowledge. check the market for accurate prices.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ although I did get my CAT removed (drive it on Petrol), there is no lead in CNG, so if u drive it on CNG, and if it hasnt been driven a lot on petrol on Pakistan, dont get ur CAT removed.

Cleaning it is almost impossible, but removing is very cheap (400 rupees). If you are on CNG, i wouldn't recommend that you remove it.

I didn't notice any improvement in performance after I removed it but I guess mine wasnt choked when I removed it...
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hdaackda

same here. mine wasn't choked either cause i bought it unregistered directly from the importer. I got the CAT removed from my uncles vitz it did show a considerable increase in performance. however you cant tell how chocked it is unless you replace/remove it.

and it is only there to filter out exhaust gasses for emission control purposes which is not even heard of in pk, so no harmful effects to the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What can i help you with?

Quote Originally Posted by pesh1 View Post
    Dear all PW members help me! give me alta address & phone no... my number is 03065363215 thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear alta, i have been trying to get in touch with u but ur mobile is closed,i am planninig to buy a small family car,some say gofor vitz2004 model it performs well on cng and donot go for up model whereby some say go for cultus cng,iam confused? help needed, as i have read a lot about u regarding experience in vitz. THANKS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Members
    this is very urgent please help. i have 04 model which has been running very smooth both on petrol & CNG, i was very much satisfied but unfortunately day before yesterday my aircon coil got leak & passed the gas. upon showing it to the mechanic he adviced to replace the coil. the mechanic had a slightly used orignal Denso's coil with him which he sold me in 4000.
    Just after i got the coil installed & gas refilled my car sadly its not the same as it was before. its taking jerks, too much load of Aircon, the break is getting too much tight specially on CNG & the pickup is gone very much down.
    the major problem is if i press the break once & again press it the same time the break does not apply & gets very tight. along with this the car does'nt take accelerator the same time. it takes nearly 2 to 3 seconds to accelerate.

I need an expert advice here what i should do? my car was not like this before on CNG it was perfect. no problem of break getting hard neither a problem of pickup.

Please help me here i am really worried.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My number has changed.Vitz is a great option,if you plan on having a CNG fitted then yes 2005 and above models are not recommended.So do you want to install CNG?

Cultus for the money in my eyes is not worth it but is not a bad car and is a good option as we dont have many options.

Whats your budget??

Dear alta, i have been trying to get in touch with u but ur mobile is closed,i am planninig to buy a small family car,some say gofor vitz2004 model it performs well on cng and donot go for up model whereby some say go for cultus cng,iam confused? help needed, as i have read a lot about u regarding experience in vitz. THANKS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 03332648155 View Post
    Sir whts tht above the parking light button?
    I have the same stereo as tht so i wonder if thts a pop out lcd screen/Navigation cuz i have a closet there with a cover.
    this was a pull out screen with a DVD,.. its main function was for navigation. i never used it as i never bothered swapping it over to a DVD player (too much of a distraction while driving).

it came in the car when i bought it so i can't tell you more than that.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

tsf
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear members, I have 2004 vitz and recently I was having problems occasionally when the car wouldn't start on the first go. I am driving on Petrol and just got the battery changed 2 months ago assuming this was battery issue.

Yesterday this became really serious as the car just won't start and after several tries I got it to start but as soon as I removed my foot from the pedal the car stopped. This happened 4-5 times. The Battery, Oil and Engine lights were ON whenever the car stopped.

Could anyone please guide me about this prob and to a reliable workshop where this can be checked. My car's milage is just over 79K.

Many thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ are your cars throtle body and plugs in gud good condition?

Use only k-16r-u11 Denso plugs. Get ur cars throttle body serviced and get a new airfilter to

See if these things help
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

alta,suzuki has increased its product prices on 17-9-2010 by 10 to 20k, cultus has gone by 15k,mehran by 10k,liana by 20k and no increase in swift as they want to boost its sale.It will be my second car (work horse), will be using mostly for pick and drop of children etc therefore i have finally decided to go for new cultus vxri cng as they have stopped production of vxli(power windows and power steering) to boost sale of swift. As compared to vitz, cultus is cng,spares support is available everywhere,cheap and resale is good.Although quality of vehicle is not that good but we have to draw a line somewhere. Is it ok ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys i want to buy 03-04 vitz in a silver or white color. Please help me out by suggesting a good dealer here in khi. also about the mileage and maintainability. Thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes then the cultus is a good option for you,best of luck with it!

alta,suzuki has increased its product prices on 17-9-2010 by 10 to 20k, cultus has gone by 15k,mehran by 10k,liana by 20k and no increase in swift as they want to boost its sale.It will be my second car (work horse), will be using mostly for pick and drop of children etc therefore i have finally decided to go for new cultus vxri cng as they have stopped production of vxli(power windows and power steering) to boost sale of swift. As compared to vitz, cultus is cng,spares support is available everywhere,cheap and resale is good.Although quality of vehicle is not that good but we have to draw a line somewhere. Is it ok ?

tsf
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^ are your cars throtle body and plugs in gud good condition?

Use only k-16r-u11 Denso plugs. Get ur cars throttle body serviced and get a new airfilter to

See if these things help
    Thanks Chinyoti. I just got new plugs 6 months ago and these should be alright. I'll get the airfilter and throttle body work done to see if it helps.

Thanks again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ once again are u sure ur using k-16r u11 Densos???
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MY Question!!!

Does any one know y does my car vibrates act abnormal when on D.

a mechanics logical explanation was u forcing it to go and braking it its bound to do so.

But ive had this car ever since it wasnt like this unless i got the oil stick out of the chamber. But that surly doesnt has any thing to do with the rpm settings.

I feel the Rpm needs to be increased. As these cars have timing chains i doubt timing can be altered.

Please help me in regard

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question
    which car should the one go for after having vitz 2004 model for sometime?
    keeping in view the same comfort and luxury that vitz offers.

waiting for a decent & justifiable reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    Well same is with me.Iv got flexible pipe aswell in the downpipe though it has helped to reduce this vibration but its not zero zero.So we have to bare some of these old things in these old cars.I also own auto axio but its very stable
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List