0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imran590 View Post
    hi, dears,

i have Vitz 2004, i wants to change model, plz sugest me that new shap model like 2005,2006 & 07 is better then model 2004,
    yes its better, new engine better fuel economy, well equipped, reliable. unfortunately most mechanics are not familiar with it yet, which is why many people don't recommend it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Most mechanics are neither well familiar with the older model too, i belive.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfay View Post
    @PIRA

congrats! car looks stunning MashAllah. I can see it is an FL package. Any extras?
    It has factory fitted toyota rims ,push start stop feature and it already has sesky HIDs which i dont know are factory fitted or previous owner in japan fitted it but they are 100 times better then those cheap hids in the market.
    @chinyoti
    thx
    Nitrous on your car is like a hot chick with STD's.. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalamoalaikum

It is very easy to check the average of ur car on CNG, just fill the tank and empty it..
    but i find it difficult to check the averag on PETROL? guys pls help me out how can i check it? i dont know how to measure it.
    fill the full tank and empty it? but will it not be difficult for me to start the engine on CNG once the petrol is fully over?
    pls guide

atif

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a4aatif View Post
    Assalamoalaikum

It is very easy to check the average of ur car on CNG, just fill the tank and empty it..
    but i find it difficult to check the averag on PETROL? guys pls help me out how can i check it? i dont know how to measure it.
    fill the full tank and empty it? but will it not be difficult for me to start the engine on CNG once the petrol is fully over?
    pls guide

atif
    the procedure to check you fuel average is to top up your tank and then refill it after driving 100 km.by this way you'll get to know how much your vehicle consumed by running 100 kms.
    Nitrous on your car is like a hot chick with STD's.. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u mean to say full the tank drive it to 100 km and than again full the tank and c how much liter petrol is going in the tank? that will be my fuel average.

Quote Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
    the procedure to check you fuel average is to top up your tank and then refill it after driving 100 km.by this way you'll get to know how much your vehicle consumed by running 100 kms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u mean to say full the tank drive it to 100 km and than again full the tank and c how much liter petrol is going in the tank? that will be my fuel average.
    yes that will be your liters consumed per 100 km

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How do you compare old shape vitz (2004) with the new one?

My mechanic has strickly asked me not to use CNG on this car, he said these cars are made for petrol only, using CNG will decrease the engine life to half & will also spoil other things along. i have 2004 model and its AUTO.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My mechanic has strickly asked me not to use CNG on this car, he said these cars are made for petrol only, using CNG will decrease the engine life to half & will also spoil other things along. i have 2004 model and its AUTO.
    CNG is not poison. unfortunately our mechanics are not properly informed, neither are we. CNG will not decrease engine life, of harm the engine in any way.

Mercedes is offering the E-200 NGT (Natural Gas Technology) since 2005, and will start production of gas powered B-series in 2011.
    2007 Mercedes-Benz E 200 NGT - Top Speed

You just need to get the right setup for your particular car. The older model can now be fitted with CNG easily. However the mechanics are still struggling with the new one. The thing is to get the CNG setup working in harmony with the ecu of the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@a4aatif
    I don't have CNG installed; but i measure my petrol average by filling the tank and then refilling it when the last bar starts blinking. After doing it two, three times and you will get a relatively correct average.

IMO, the effect of CNG is quite visible after some years of use. I don't think it is ever recommended unless the engine is designed for it.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a friend of mine having 03 model, his car and mine is driven almost the same around 70K.
    His is done fully on petrol and mine is with CNG, although the CNG was installed in my car just a year back & i hardly use it but there is a big difference in his car and mine.
    the engine sound tells all the story, my friend's car has a great pickup while mine has a normal type of. my friend has never visited the mechanic since the time he bought the car in 2006, the orignal coolant is still in his car (orange color one) & none of the part got spoil or something.

the only reason i see this difference in his car & mine is the "CNG".

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother, there is no (popular/commonly used) car in Pakistan that is designed for CNG, all cars are actually designed to be used on petrol. But its a fact that modern cars like vitz are far more complicated than mehran etc and require a more sophisticated cng setup that would work in harmony with the ECU.

in my personal (humble) opinion if you want peace of mind and enjoy your ride, better keep it on petrol especially if you don't drive more than 50 km a day. vitz has decent fuel economy and very affordable on petrol. I am using my car on petrol since 2008 and alhamdolillah i haven't had a single problem what so ever.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is what i meant to say.. I know the fuel average of vitz is very good as compared to others.
    my car gives around 12KM on petrol per litre while if i get my gas tank filled for Rs 350 gives me around 90KM with AC on in the city.

If i just compare the average on petrol with CNG
    Rs 350 petrol will give me an average of around 67KM (keeping in view the current price of petrol per litre) while CNG gives me 90+ (sometime more than 100 if driven carefully)

Wht do you suggest? What is the average of your car on petrol?

PS: my daily running average is around 25-30KM

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    brother, there is no (popular/commonly used) car in Pakistan that is designed for CNG, all cars are actually designed to be used on petrol. But its a fact that modern cars like vitz are far more complicated than mehran etc and require a more sophisticated cng setup that would work in harmony with the ECU.

in my personal (humble) opinion if you want peace of mind and enjoy your ride, better keep it on petrol especially if you don't drive more than 50 km a day. vitz has decent fuel economy and very affordable on petrol. I am using my car on petrol since 2008 and alhamdolillah i haven't had a single problem what so ever.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post

50 km a day means 1500 km a month, my vitz (07) goes 5 rupee per km so:

1500 * 5 = 7500 per month

That is just for fuel and with loads of knocking with bad quality fuel that we usually get. I am not sure how many people would actually be willing to spend that much for fuel and still not get peace of mind (Remember Vitz knocks a lot on normal petrol, using Hi-octane will increase the cost).

Just my two cents...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Vitz 05 is giving 15 km/ltr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by navidzafar View Post
    My Vitz 05 is giving 15 km/ltr
    I believe Vitz has 42 liter tank, correct me if I am wrong. 15 km/l means you get 630 per tank? That is a LOT. I have never achieved more than 550 with total stock specs and very gentle driving.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtiz_ahmed View Post
    50 km a day means 1500 km a month, my vitz (07) goes 5 rupee per km so:

1500 * 5 = 7500 per month

That is just for fuel and with loads of knocking with bad quality fuel that we usually get. I am not sure how many people would actually be willing to spend that much for fuel and still not get peace of mind (Remember Vitz knocks a lot on normal petrol, using Hi-octane will increase the cost).

Just my two cents...
    Try e10 if avalible in ur City
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtiz_ahmed View Post
    I believe Vitz has 42 liter tank, correct me if I am wrong. 15 km/l means you get 630 per tank? That is a LOT. I have never achieved more than 550 with total stock specs and very gentle driving.
    Usually I fill it with Rs.1,500 when two bars left.
    Only once I filled 35 ltr with one bar left. I am not sure but I guess it has 42 liter tank.
    It gives 13.5 to 14 with AC and 14.5 to 15.5 without AC. An I feel shell is better that Total.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need advise.

My uncle is comming from Japan next month, what should i get for my Vitz 2007 ?

I am thinking of :

-Original Air press
    -HIDs, (which brands and which one to get ? )

What else i can ask him to bring ?

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I m getting (13-14.5)km/L; on rare ocassions, even upto 16 (Vitz-2004). However, i am a long routes driver but normally keep full throtle on long routes.

I am recording fuel average since 2008 and haven't seen much difference with or without A/C.
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List