Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 605 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 12083
Like Tree1572Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    obz3ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

  2. #5881
    PakWheeler Follow
    a4aatif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear All
    I am writing here to seek a serious guide from all of you.

    I have 2004 model with CNG installed, recently i checked the petrol average of my car & got worried about it since it gave me 10km per liter & i am sure this car can give more than this.
    After this i did the followings
    - Changed spark plugs (installed Denso Orignal)
    - Removed the CNG (Just disconnected it & removed the venturi)
    - Clear carburetor with carburetor cleaner spray
    - Most importantly i have removed the catalytic converter also
    - Have also replaced the 2nd choked dholky with new one

    After doing all this my car has still given me 10km per liter, thought the pickup of the car has increased a bit but as the car comes into 2nd gear it gets choked a bit & does'nt pick the accelerator.

    I need a sincere & expert advice here.
    Thankyou
    Atif

  3. #5882
    PakWheeler Follow
    a4aatif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    this is amazing to me, ur fuel average is quite good.
    i dont know why i m getting 10km, can you help?

    Quote Originally Posted by akifnaseer View Post
    I m getting (13-14.5)km/L; on rare ocassions, even upto 16 (Vitz-2004). However, i am a long routes driver but normally keep full throtle on long routes.

    I am recording fuel average since 2008 and haven't seen much difference with or without A/C.

  4. #5883
    PakWheeler Follow
    akifnaseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ...as the car comes into 2nd gear it gets choked a bit & does'nt pick the accelerator.
    I can only suggest to get it checked from some good workshop.
    btw, if it is giving 10km/L within city driving, i don't think it's that bad.
    -

  5. #5884
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How much Engine oil is required for Vitz 2005? 3 Ltr or 3.5 Ltr?

  6. #5885
    PakWheeler Follow
    a4aatif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear All

    My problem has still not solved yet, i am still unable to figure out what basically is the problem with the pickup of my car though i have got all these things which i have mentioned done already.

    first gear pickup is ok after that in 2nd and 3rd the pickup goes low. I have showed to the mechanics all said there own like change oil change filter change plugs bla bla

    Any one here can help?


    Quote Originally Posted by a4aatif View Post
    Dear All
    I am writing here to seek a serious guide from all of you.

    I have 2004 model with CNG installed, recently i checked the petrol average of my car & got worried about it since it gave me 10km per liter & i am sure this car can give more than this.
    After this i did the followings
    - Changed spark plugs (installed Denso Orignal)
    - Removed the CNG (Just disconnected it & removed the venturi)
    - Clear carburetor with carburetor cleaner spray
    - Most importantly i have removed the catalytic converter also
    - Have also replaced the 2nd choked dholky with new one

    After doing all this my car has still given me 10km per liter, thought the pickup of the car has increased a bit but as the car comes into 2nd gear it gets choked a bit & does'nt pick the accelerator.

    I need a sincere & expert advice here.
    Thankyou
    Atif

  7. #5886
    PakWheeler Follow
    shazriff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I'm planning to buy a Vitz for myself too, i love the 2008 shape its really cool and more dynamic, but couldn't figure it out which model to go for either 2004 or 2008 coz some people says their are some technical issue in this model. Therefore, yesterday i did a little market research at khalid bin waleed and 2 things came into my knowledge about 2005-09 model.

    1. Can't install CNG on 3 cylinder (1000cc) engine, however you can do on 1.3cc specs.
    2. Its a bit noisier than 2004 and vibrates at start up / ignition.

    So, the question is what really matters? Cylinder or CC (Cubic Centimeter), coz if i found 1.3cc with 3 cylinder and/or 1000cc with 4, is it possible to do installation in both specs? or it has to be 4 cylinder or 1.3 regardless of their CC and Cylinder respectively, coz i can manage a day on petrol, but cant be driving around whole week or so. Also what is the preference? Automatic? Manual?

    The prices of 2004 are somewhat between 7,50,000 to 8,75,000, and of 2005-09 are 9,50,000 to 12,00,000.

    Currently, own a Suzuki Khyber but kinda bored and desperate to make a switch now. Also, if its only noisier than 2004 not than Khyber, i can bear that, but coming to the vibration part, should i take it in consideration also? or its just a rumor.

    Kindly help me in this regard.

  8. #5887
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    OptimusSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shazriff View Post
    I'm planning to buy a Vitz for myself too, i love the 2008 shape its really cool and more dynamic, but couldn't figure it out which model to go for either 2004 or 2008 coz some people says their are some technical issue in this model. Therefore, yesterday i did a little market research at khalid bin waleed and 2 things came into my knowledge about 2005-09 model.

    1. Can't install CNG on 3 cylinder (1000cc) engine, however you can do on 1.3cc specs.
    2. Its a bit noisier than 2004 and vibrates at start up / ignition.

    So, the question is what really matters? Cylinder or CC (Cubic Centimeter), coz if i found 1.3cc with 3 cylinder and/or 1000cc with 4, is it possible to do installation in both specs? or it has to be 4 cylinder or 1.3 regardless of their CC and Cylinder respectively, coz i can manage a day on petrol, but cant be driving around whole week or so. Also what is the preference? Automatic? Manual?

    The prices of 2004 are somewhat between 7,50,000 to 8,75,000, and of 2005-09 are 9,50,000 to 12,00,000.

    Currently, own a Suzuki Khyber but kinda bored and desperate to make a switch now. Also, if its only noisier than 2004 not than Khyber, i can bear that, but coming to the vibration part, should i take it in consideration also? or its just a rumor.

    Kindly help me in this regard.
    there are no issues with the newer model, its just that our mechanics are incapable of handling a proper car.

    CNG can be fitted in all cars no matter what the engine spec is, up till now no one has been able to come up with a rational explanation as to why a 3 cylinder cant be run on CNG. If someone can, please enlighten me too.

    You just need to get the right setup for your particular car. The older model can now be fitted with CNG easily. However the mechanics are still struggling with the new one. The thing is to get the CNG setup working in harmony with the ecu of the car.

    here is an example to prove the myth wrong. CNG can be installed on a 3 cylinder car.

    """In the project, the base 4-cylinder SI engine was replaced by a turbocharged 1.0-liter, 3-cylinder based on the Opel Ecotec Compact run on natural gas; a 25 kW electrical machine; and an additional clutch between the two."""

    source : Green Car Congress: Optimizing a CNG-Fueled Spark Injection Engine for a Parallel Hybrid Powertrain

  9. #5888
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,964
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    CNG can be fitted in all cars no matter what the engine spec is, up till now no one has been able to come up with a rational explanation as to why a 3 cylinder cant be run on CNG. If someone can, please enlighten me too.
    Theres nothing such as a "3 cylinder cant be fitted with a CNG"

    Carby cultus
    mehran
    Coure
    Alto (not sure about alto)

    are all 3 cylinder cars.


    The new Vitzes EFI system is some what different from normal cars, our mechanics are fond of Mehrans and Corollas. They just dont wana waste time studying other cars.

    On my visit to thailand i experienced many top of the line cars working a-one on CNG

    Like for the Gen1 Vitz (99-04) i said the valves of the car are smaller then they should be in a car thats suppose to run on CNG.


    Take the Honda Pakistan example, they discontinued Vario trim as they CNG wasnt compatible to it, Altho Honda pakistan doesnt offers CNG vehicles but Honda City owners went to them atleast for new transmisions which they couldnt handle.

    So the thing is that there isnt any proper back up for a Toyota Vitz on CNG. So its better to stay away rather then creating miseries.

    But people runing there cars on CNG are quiet happy. Leave Vitz alone even a markx can be driven on CNG
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  10. #5889
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by navidzafar View Post
    How much Engine oil is required for Vitz 2005? 3 Ltr or 3.5 Ltr?
    Any suggestion?

  11. #5890
    PakWheeler Follow
    mbkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Angry pls help 2006 vitz petrol

    Hi team,
    long time no see
    in a problem my vitz race has gone too slow and it even fails while driving
    i have shown o mec one is saying plug issue, cat issue. one is suggesting to get the computer checked some problem with the ECU some say tuning
    only petrol no cng
    pls suggest good mechanic and any idea.

    i have noticed when the race is too slow the digital fuel gauge even misses a beat like for a milisec it goes off and then on

    pls suggest spark plugs - someone old me 1 spark plug is for 800 ?
    mechanic?

  12. #5891
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasay_ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,960
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbkhan View Post
    Hi team,
    long time no see
    in a problem my vitz race has gone too slow and it even fails while driving
    i have shown o mec one is saying plug issue, cat issue. one is suggesting to get the computer checked some problem with the ECU some say tuning
    only petrol no cng
    pls suggest good mechanic and any idea.

    i have noticed when the race is too slow the digital fuel gauge even misses a beat like for a milisec it goes off and then on

    pls suggest spark plugs - someone old me 1 spark plug is for 800 ?
    mechanic?
    Yea looks like u have to swap the swap the sparkplugs,transmisson oil and have to remove the cat if its still there since they usualy get choked wth our local fuel wth too much carbon
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

  13. #5892
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,964
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @mbkhan, Yeah the Gen2 Vitz requires iridium plugs not sure about the exact code, but there around 1300 a peice.

    The falling RPM could be because of the dirty throtle body.

    @navid zafar, all cars upto 1000cc require 3 Liter of Oil
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  14. #5893
    PakWheeler Follow
    mbkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the reply
    any good mechanic in KHI ?
    I have shown it to AZAm and Faisal @ Khan motors and he said the he needs to clean the throttle and also the plugs to be changed and tuning.
    any idea how much life of the plugs?

  15. #5894
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Rawfay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    "3 cylinder cant be fitted with a CNG"


    Its not abt 3 cylinders...its actually the CVT transmission in new vitz on which CNG doesn't run well compared to the 2004 vitz.

    Umm...been driving a CNG'd vitz 2004 for almost 3 years. I'd say guzara hojata hai but I've decided that i'll not be buying a car with auto tranny + CNG ever!
    1. Live and LET Live !

  16. #5895
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @navid zafar, all cars upto 1000cc require 3 Liter of Oil [/QUOTE]


    But then why its below the mark? Although there is no oil leakage.
    And when I went for oil change, the ZIC dealer told me that it require half litter more.

    Even before the oil change I noticed it was below the mark.

  17. #5896
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,964
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbkhan View Post
    Thanks for the reply
    any good mechanic in KHI ?
    I have shown it to AZAm and Faisal @ Khan motors and he said the he needs to clean the throttle and also the plugs to be changed and tuning.
    any idea how much life of the plugs?
    if money isnt a issue then khan motors is the best place, be sure to supervise the work being doneon ur car.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  18. #5897
    PakWheeler Follow
    salman2k960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Speed/acceleration problem specially uphill

    @mbkhan
    Is ur issue resolved?
    @a4aatif
    and ur issue?

    @
    Dear All,
    Unfortunately, i have started facing the same problem as many of the people already have... the car speed suffocation.
    I think it all started after a car wash where i just gently poured water over the engine so that dirt is washed away.
    in the city, drive is fine coz i normaly drive within 60KM/h. But then i had a chance to goto lahore via motorway. on my way back to pindi, i felt that my car is not exceeding 106-7km/h even with O/D off. i immediately thought perhaps its the famous CAT issue as i havent removed it yet. but i really got worried when my car denied crossing 35km/h while climbing the salt range. the engine was rovering but tires wont move. thanks to ALLAH that it crossed the salt range eventually.
    Just want to check with senior members here, what could be the reason?it all started suddenly and thats what fears me.such a lovely car it has been.im bit sad.
    Anyways, i havent tried any solution yet like changing filters, oils,plugs,cat removal, sensor cleaning etc etc. I will try these solutions and inform all of u about it soon.


    Quote Originally Posted by mbkhan View Post
    Hi team,
    long time no see
    in a problem my vitz race has gone too slow and it even fails while driving
    i have shown o mec one is saying plug issue, cat issue. one is suggesting to get the computer checked some problem with the ECU some say tuning
    only petrol no cng
    pls suggest good mechanic and any idea.

    i have noticed when the race is too slow the digital fuel gauge even misses a beat like for a milisec it goes off and then on

    pls suggest spark plugs - someone old me 1 spark plug is for 800 ?
    mechanic?
    =QOUTE==================a4aatif==================
    Dear All

    My problem has still not solved yet, i am still unable to figure out what basically is the problem with the pickup of my car though i have got all these things which i have mentioned done already.

    first gear pickup is ok after that in 2nd and 3rd the pickup goes low. I have showed to the mechanics all said there own like change oil change filter change plugs bla bla

    Any one here can help?
    ===============================================
    If any one of @MBKHAN or @a4aatif has resolved the issue, kindly post it to help others.

    Salam

  19. #5898
    PakWheeler Follow
    a4aatif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @salman2k960
    i am still standing with the same issue, i have almost tried everything uptill now - removed the CAT, changed plugs, filter, ATF oil, got cleared Air Flow too but no change & having same pickup problem.

    I am in need of some serious guidance here.



    Quote Originally Posted by salman2k960 View Post
    @mbkhan
    Is ur issue resolved?
    @a4aatif
    and ur issue?

    @
    Dear All,
    Unfortunately, i have started facing the same problem as many of the people already have... the car speed suffocation.
    I think it all started after a car wash where i just gently poured water over the engine so that dirt is washed away.
    in the city, drive is fine coz i normaly drive within 60KM/h. But then i had a chance to goto lahore via motorway. on my way back to pindi, i felt that my car is not exceeding 106-7km/h even with O/D off. i immediately thought perhaps its the famous CAT issue as i havent removed it yet. but i really got worried when my car denied crossing 35km/h while climbing the salt range. the engine was rovering but tires wont move. thanks to ALLAH that it crossed the salt range eventually.
    Just want to check with senior members here, what could be the reason?it all started suddenly and thats what fears me.such a lovely car it has been.im bit sad.
    Anyways, i havent tried any solution yet like changing filters, oils,plugs,cat removal, sensor cleaning etc etc. I will try these solutions and inform all of u about it soon.




    =QOUTE==================a4aatif==================
    Dear All

    My problem has still not solved yet, i am still unable to figure out what basically is the problem with the pickup of my car though i have got all these things which i have mentioned done already.

    first gear pickup is ok after that in 2nd and 3rd the pickup goes low. I have showed to the mechanics all said there own like change oil change filter change plugs bla bla

    Any one here can help?
    ===============================================
    If any one of @MBKHAN or @a4aatif has resolved the issue, kindly post it to help others.

    Salam

  20. #5899
    PakWheeler Follow
    salman2k960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well, i have got my sone examined from SOWAN MOTORS. ECU came up with no faulty data. Plugs were in reasonable condition. Filters also fine. They suspected it to be exhaust (CAT) problem. i have bought the stuff to perform MAF sensorand T B
    Throttle body cleaning DIYs.
    Will post any updates by monday, Inshallah.
    Regards

  21. #5900
    PakWheeler Follow
    rsm195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can somone help me. I m an owner of a Vitz 2008 model and the car is blue in color. Two days after the purchase, one of the side view mirror was stolen. Please give me a solution regarding this. No one can comfortably drive their cars because of these thieves. Please can anyone tell the location where these side view mirrors could be available. Thanks!!
    Trust No one, Outrun Everyone

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •