0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Dear All....

Can the expert members of Vitz Club, quote the minor body and interior difference between 2005 / 2006 / 2007 and 2008.
    As I think normally people are quoting their vitz with respect to the clearance year. In used car section, I have seen plenty adds showing 2005 and being quoted as 2007. It waste a lot of time. Last week I went to see a 2008 in Islamabad (on the recommendation of Alta, as he told me that it better to have 2008) and it was 2005 but cleared in 2008 so being quoted as 2008.

It would be a great help for people like us who want to buy but cannot differenciate between them, the picture comparision will be highly appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2005-2007 are same. No difference inside and out. While the face-lifted version started coming from 2008. The difference in exterior are both the bumpers (they have bumper guards on the corners) The headlights and the grill are different and in interior the instrument panel and meter have orange lights.
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear All, Salam
    i m a new member of urs thread, before i brought a vitz i learned many things from all of yours post/comments which is really very helpful to me. now i m owner of vitz-07 import n reg in 2010. car goes easily @ 120km/h, 2000 worth fuel giv me 390 km in city till last bar of fuel. i observed a strange sound burrr burrrrrr (like diesel engine) coming from engine when accelerate / rev on idle and some time on driving. Is this happen due to CAT removed? is 5w30 n 10w40 lube oil, toyota atf type WS (CVT) tranny oil. lepon paper filter element, and denso IKH20 Iridium plug iz right choice? or suggest as per OEM recommendation thx.
    @RizwanFAO
    reg in pakistan iz not the manufacturing year iz understood. as per pakistan laws only 3 years old car imports iz allowed and checked through its 1st registration date in abroad (on car data sheet) you can also find a manufacturing date on seat belt sticker (driver side) near bottom. for example mine vitz reg in japan in feb-07 and sticker date says iz dec-06. landing in Pakistan last of Jan-10 and cleared in Feb-10. n reg in may-10 as model Vitz - 2007. hopefully yours confusion iz resolved.
    2nd, difference btw different models i also found accessories are different in 07 n 08 models i-e; more air bags, push start button front piller speakers fuel eco luggage compartment tray etc if i m wrong plz correct

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfay View Post
    2005-2007 are same. No difference inside and out. While the face-lifted version started coming from 2008. The difference in exterior are both the bumpers (they have bumper guards on the corners) The headlights and the grill are different and in interior the instrument panel and meter have orange lights.
    you forgot the rear lights ,

all in all, lights and bumpers (both front and rear) are different.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by f_khan View Post
    dear All, Salam
    i m a new member of urs thread, before i brought a vitz i learned many things from all of yours post/comments which is really very helpful to me. now i m owner of vitz-07 import n reg in 2010. car goes easily @ 120km/h, 2000 worth fuel giv me 390 km in city till last bar of fuel. i observed a strange sound burrr burrrrrr (like diesel engine) coming from engine when accelerate / rev on idle and some time on driving. Is this happen due to CAT removed? is 5w30 n 10w40 lube oil, toyota atf type WS (CVT) tranny oil. lepon paper filter element, and denso IKH20 Iridium plug iz right choice? or suggest as per OEM recommendation thx.
    @RizwanFAO
    reg in pakistan iz not the manufacturing year iz understood. as per pakistan laws only 3 years old car imports iz allowed and checked through its 1st registration date in abroad (on car data sheet) you can also find a manufacturing date on seat belt sticker (driver side) near bottom. for example mine vitz reg in japan in feb-07 and sticker date says iz dec-06. landing in Pakistan last of Jan-10 and cleared in Feb-10. n reg in may-10 as model Vitz - 2007. hopefully yours confusion iz resolved.
    2nd, difference btw different models i also found accessories are different in 07 n 08 models i-e; more air bags, push start button front piller speakers fuel eco luggage compartment tray etc if i m wrong plz correct
    Nothing is wrong with ur car, bhurr sound is in every Vitz 2nd Gen.
    U have to live with it

Cat issue can be checked by any cylincer guy, he will check if your cylincer is releasing sufficient amount of exhaust or not. If not then its chocked.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear All, Salam
    is 5w30 n 10w40 lube oil, toyota atf type WS (CVT) tranny oil. lepon paper filter element, and denso IKH20 Iridium plug iz right choice? or suggest as per OEM recommendation thx.
    my query iz still un resolve

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

toyota recommends 5w30, but the manual says you can use 10w40 if 5w30 is not available and change to 5w30 when its available. it would be okay to use 5w20 as well, it would give you slightly better fuel average but a bit more wear and tear. if your engine is in good condition you should use a synthetic oil and good oil filter and you can safely go for 10-15k km drain intervals.

you don't really need to change the transmission fluid under normal driving conditions. toyota recommends change it after 128000 km
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check this for maintenance schedule
    Xtime Menu Manager

and i have posted a link for user manual and repair manual on the previous page (309)

i would recommend you to go with the recommendation of the manufacturer and not fall in trap of local roadside mechanics and also toyota indus outlets/showrooms
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    1) Maybe the case is different in my 2002, il take pics and show you,

2) And yup im sure, thats not the case, as my dad came home with o/d off, i was parking the car in side my home (i restarted it), the o/d off light was still there.

mine is also 2002, but its late 2002, so they might have changed it a bit. as mine has got updated bumpers and headlights

and btw, o/d off light actually turns on by pressing the button half way (before i hear the click sound)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ il take snaps and post, there are cosmetic changes in mine and yours, as mines early 02, (2001 lites and bumpers and interior),

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by navidzafar View Post
    <table align="center" border="1" width="535"><tbody><tr> <th class="mvrsTH" colspan="4" align="middle">Details Of Vehicle</th> </tr><tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Reg. No </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">FDA-09-1460</td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Chasis No</td> <td align="middle" width="50%">KSP905007494</td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Engine No.</td> <td align="middle" width="50%">1KR0098478</td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Make Name </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">TOYOTA - VITZ </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Registeration Date </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">2009-05-15 122:54.0 </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Vehicle Price </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">352150 </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Year of Manufacture </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">2005</td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Color</td> <td align="middle" width="50%">SILVER</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <hr align="center" width="200"> </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Owner Name </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">NAHEED AFZAL </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Owner Father Name </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">W/O MUHAMMAD AFZAL </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Owner City </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">FAISALABAD </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <hr align="center" width="200"> </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Owner Name </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">NADIR KHAN </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Owner Father Name </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">RAHIM BUKHSH </td></tr> <tr class="mvrsTR"> <td align="middle" width="50%">Owner City </td> <td align="middle" width="50%">GUJRAT </td></tr></tbody></table>

WTF dude ? why did u post this is there a reason for this ??
    r3act

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have recently bought vitz 03 FL package in rose pink color...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much a 2004 FL package model reg 2007 with expensive rim tyres should cost?
    have minor dents at some parts of the body.

I was looking for white or red but got a good deal on the black. Nice...yes for cng purpose city would be better. 650 is a reasonable demand...since I've seen people asking 650 for 99-01 models.

Oops sorry for being out of topic guys..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^740-780 maybe cuz old gen vitz is a hot cake in the market. I sold mines for 770 it was 2008 reg untouched body TO a showroom wala. He'll probably keep 10-15k profit and sell it for more :O
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    WTF dude ? why did u post this is there a reason for this ??
    Just to make you aware, try to hide number.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a person who has showroom..he told me it will go in 8
    the showroom wala took from you will not keep 15 he will atleast keep 30+ in it..so you can guess the market price

^740-780 maybe cuz old gen vitz is a hot cake

in the market. I sold mines for 770 it was 2008 reg untouched body TO a showroom wala. He'll probably keep 10-15k profit and sell it for more :O

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by navidzafar View Post
    Just to make you aware, try to hide number.
    Because ???
    r3act

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Because ???

sum one can track your home. and just for the sake fun harm you.

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys i put stp oil treatment in my ride and know my avg is much much better and got fuel fill from total i just wanted to know if anyone else used tis before and how much should i put it in i just put a quater of a can in it ...
    r3act

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA to all,

This is my first post to this forum and thread as well, Hamm I need some details about the Vitz, firstly whether all of its parts are now available in Pak or not (Engine & Body), Secondly is it alright to convert it on CNG and does it goes well like all other local cars or are there some serious issues with it regarding pickup and adjustment?

Actually I am thinking to buy this car, but there are lots of rumors about it, the most common and alarming are the ones I discussed with you above, so I need the opinion of people who already owned this car and know the issues with it, any help is appreciated, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List