0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    I think you need to get your car scanned, toyota dealers, like toyota walton motors will charge you 500 rupees for scanning and will adjust idle throttle value and let you know if there is something else wrong with your car. better stay away from the roadside mechanics with this car. not that toyota walay are really good, but they do have the right tools
    You think I didn't try that?

I did

They said they cannot adjust the RPM for this car, or maybe all new cars.. and there was nothing wrong with my car - of course the computer wouldn't show up anything, there was no check engine light.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    guys need urgent help. I have 2002 vitz auto (no CNG), for the past week i was noticing that the idle RMP has become a bit shaky, today while driving the "Checking engine" light turned on. When i turn off the car and back on the light comes after like 15 minutes of driving and stays on. Car starting and running is fine except shaky idle RPM and this light indication.

What should I do?, is this something i can take care of myself, can anyone recommend a good place in Islamabad where i can get this checked or will I have to take this to Toyota and let them rip me off?
    hmmmmmmmmm guess all u vitz boys are gone on a long drive and have no time to respond.....................
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Retrograde
    I do have the time to respond, but probably not the best advice for you. Hope experts will respond to your problem.

However, IMO, an OBD (On Board Diagnosis) is the first think to get done.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmmmmmmm guess all u vitz boys are gone on a long drive and have no time to respond.....................
    is ur car on CNG? if yes, than it may be normal...

try converting it to petrol, then run on it and see...

if u dont have CNG then u need to get it checked...
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Guys,

I am a big fan of toyota vitz and i am glad there is a club for this great car here in Pakistan.

I need your expert advice folks , i have been looking around for a good 99-05 model (old shape) with low mileage or registered as late as possible. Reason is simple , CNG on old shape. My daily drive is 60-80 km every single day so petrol is a no go for me , atleast for a year or so.
    After looking around for 3 weeks i have finally found a 2005 vitz (the old model has continued till march 05) . its registered in Pakistan in January 2009. It has the normal old style speedometer instead of the newer digital ones.

My question is , is this model 100% fine with CNG ? Also what sort of Mileage am i looking on CNG ? Also while showing the car to mechanic tomorrow, What important things are there to check ? i have heard about removing the middle part of Silencer etc etc

Looking forward to hear from you all =)
    Cheers
    Hammad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Erawen

If this car is not CVT then its totally OK with CNG.
    what was the price of this car ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jAzZy_Bhai : by not being CVT you mean not having the clutch/race wire ?

My denter told me in the start to look for a vitz which has a clutch/race wire which mechanics pull to check the engine.
    So far i must have checked out 20-30 vitz , and all had it !

the guy is demanding 800k , the car is in pretty good condition , clean from both inside and out. Only thing which bothers me is the white color

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Idleing issues can be because of a bad idle valve sensor A.K.A (IAVC) or (IVAC) (im not exactly sure but its attached to the airfilter box its black in color.

The issue can be resolved by cleaning the sensor at most you might need to replace the sensor.

The check engine light, if its on continusly once try removing the battery wires for a minute or 2. Reconnect and drive your car if it comes up again try getting your car scanned with a OBD device (car scanner) that way you will reach to the actual cause.

Other wise one can only tell you to check every thing one by one, and check if the check light goes off or not, thats a very lenthy and khuari procedure,

So its better that you get it scanned asap
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Erawen View Post

My denter told me in the start to look for a vitz which has a clutch/race wire which mechanics pull to check the engine.

the guy is demanding 800k , the car is in pretty good condition , clean from both inside and out. Only thing which bothers me is the white color

CVT is a advanced gear system...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Erawen View Post

1) Vitz is mostly auto trany, (so theres no clutch)
    2) CVT means (continously variable transmission)
    3) DBW (drive by wire) is what ur mechanic meant, the new Corolla, Civic, nd 2005 + Vitz dont have a wire for the throtle its controled electronicaly.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti

yes i have seen the opened accelerator which is sensor operated...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Idleing issues can be because of a bad idle valve sensor A.K.A (IAVC) or (IVAC) (im not exactly sure but its attached to the airfilter box its black in color.

The issue can be resolved by cleaning the sensor at most you might need to replace the sensor.

The check engine light, if its on continusly once try removing the battery wires for a minute or 2. Reconnect and drive your car if it comes up again try getting your car scanned with a OBD device (car scanner) that way you will reach to the actual cause.

Other wise one can only tell you to check every thing one by one, and check if the check light goes off or not, thats a very lenthy and khuari procedure,

So its better that you get it scanned asap
    bro thanks for the reponse, funny thing is that the check engine light only appeared twice last week and did not after that, now all seems OK so i dont know whether to consider this a happy ending or............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro thanks for the reponse, funny thing is that the check engine light only appeared twice last week and did not after that, now all seems OK so i dont know whether to consider this a happy ending or............
    Probably some sensors or wiring maulfuntioned, dont worry unless it comes on again.

Some people say, when the issue arrises the check light blinks, and then finaly comes to "ON" if the problem isnt resolved.

Idleing issues, i also have that in my car since a long time. Im not getting time and i dont want to personaly play with the sensors, So im waiting till i give a visit to the mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All
    Assalamoalaikum
    I've been looking to install Air Intake in my Vitz 2004.
    Will appreciate if any one could advice from where i can get it?
    another thing is that i have heared some ppl saying that its difficult or near to impossible to install Air Intake in this car. Pls advice

Thanks
    Atif

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey im interested in buying a old shape vitz can experts help me what a common issues in vitz 99-2004 as i have a mehran now you'll know my situation no ac not comfortable at all etc but what to check for in buying vitz i mean not body what to look out mechanically i'll be very thankful for fellow members help in this matter
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    hey im interested in buying a old shape vitz can experts help me what a common issues in vitz 99-2004 as i have a mehran now you'll know my situation no ac not comfortable at all etc but what to check for in buying vitz i mean not body what to look out mechanically i'll be very thankful for fellow members help in this matter
    MY QUESTION IS ALSO SAME AS ABOVE.... but i am not coming to vitz from mehran i am coming from city, to reduce cost of my ride...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok guys the thing is that i bought my vitz in dec 2010 so only now had a chance to test its AC, remember my ride is 2002 vitz auto with no CNG. The thing is that when the car is like doing 60 to 70 or beyond, the A/C is chilly but when the ride is stopped or like stuck in traffic and not moving fast, the A/C slowly gives up and it almost becomes regular a regular Fan........................I wanna know is Vitz A/C like that or much better than what i am experiencing, note that I got the Gas charged 2 months back and if you think there is an issue with My A/c then please suggest a good A/C person in Islamabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok guys the thing is that i bought my vitz in dec 2010 so only now had a chance to test its AC, remember my ride is 2002 vitz auto with no CNG. The thing is that when the car is like doing 60 to 70 or beyond, the A/C is chilly but when the ride is stopped or like stuck in traffic and not moving fast, the A/C slowly gives up and it almost becomes regular a regular Fan........................I wanna know is Vitz A/C like that or much better than what i am experiencing, note that I got the Gas charged 2 months back and if you think there is an issue with My A/c then please suggest a good A/C person in Islamabad
    Its probably a weak compresor get it checked.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Get a mechanic with u to get the car checked mechanicaly, engine wise, transmission wise.

Other wise theres not a single issue that im aware of is common in Vitzes.

Its a very nice car, to me my 02 Vitz is better then my 2011 Corolla Gli.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default i have same problem in vitz 1999 modal

Quote Originally Posted by f_m View Post
    i friends,

I am living in Islamabad and got a Vitz 2001, Silver color, nice to be here and got some very useful information. I have a problem that I would like to share, any suggestion is appreciated, also I need to know a quality mechanic for Vitz.

The CNG is added by the previous owner. The issue is whenever I turn the air conditioning on, I have difficulty in applying breaks. The break paddle get too tight, almost jammed and its hard to apply breaks in time. It's more cumbersome on CNG and less on Petrol on lower speed. On higher speed the break works fine and the paddle is soft.

subscribing to email responses...

i have same problem about break in 1999 vitz if get solve this problem please inform me thanks.i am already clean his trotter body bot not solve this problem.i am check ofter change the advance r but still it,s problem.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List