0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AmmarShafique View Post
    I got a second hand Vitz

1000 CC
    Model 2006
    Import 2010
    17k km Used in Japan
    19k km in Pakistan
    1st hand used in pakistan
    White Color
    Lahore

Price :900,000 (includes 2700 Goda repair and 6200 ATF change)

Had to replace right side Goda and ATF.Just have to get the dholki repaired and it will be perfect inshAllah

MashAllah congratulations bro. Best of luck with the ride. Do update us with images.

Please make sure to put Toyota Genuine CVT-TC oil instead of ATF.

Best of luck,
    regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default shocks

Hello ppl can neone tell me where can i find original genuine shocks and springs for vitz an d that too Japanese please kindly help me out

p.s. and yea i need them on a reasonable price!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do have used springs from my vitz 2001. I changed due to CNG (installed higher springs).
    Or you could get new from super autos in karachi..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default KNOCKING sound from Gear

recently, i bought Vitz Model 2006 and Import 2011, its very nice and beautiful, but i have a problem.

when ever i start driving, its run very smooth and the gear goes up, but when i stop it and the gear goes down....its fine, but when i am gear up again...i hear some KNOCKING sound.

kindly guide me about this problem, i will be obliged.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asadjan80 View Post
    recently, i bought Vitz Model 2006 and Import 2011, its very nice and beautiful, but i have a problem.

when ever i start driving, its run very smooth and the gear goes up, but when i stop it and the gear goes down....its fine, but when i am gear up again...i hear some KNOCKING sound.

kindly guide me about this problem, i will be obliged.
    Knocking on 1000cc is common due to our Petrol but you can get rid of it by adding Hi-Octane
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine Knocks When Acceleration Padel Is Depressed
    In my Vitz 2006 automatic transmission car, it works fine when cold that is the car accelerates normally feeling the power with respect to the depressed accelerator. After a journey of 10 to 15 Km's specially when car goes in the narow streets the car starts knocking when accelerator is depressed to increase the speed lets say from 15Km's/hrs upword.
    The knocking sound comes from engine and to reduce the knock I have to stop pushing the accelerator pedal and slowly pressing it again until the car speeds up. I have learnt one thing with expeience that when the engine starts knocking I shift the automatic gear to "S" postion from normal drive "D" position. I can immediatly feel the power and there is no knocking sound but after gaining speed upto 50 to 60 Km's it gives you the sound that the engine is runnung in low gears so I have to change it back to "D" again and it works fine till I reduce the speed around 15 to 20 Km's and then the same knocking will appear again.
    Please note their is no engine check light on the display.
    I have done the following things to rectify the fault but no results.
    I have changed engine oil, sparkplugs,airfilter,oil filter.
    Throtal body was cleaned.
    In idel condition when engine is running while pressing the acclerator I have checked the exhost and I have seen no smoke.
    Please help me out regarding the problem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asadjan80 View Post
    Engine Knocks When Acceleration Padel Is Depressed
    In my Vitz 2006 automatic transmission car, it works fine when cold that is the car accelerates normally feeling the power with respect to the depressed accelerator. After a journey of 10 to 15 Km's specially when car goes in the narow streets the car starts knocking when accelerator is depressed to increase the speed lets say from 15Km's/hrs upword.
    The knocking sound comes from engine and to reduce the knock I have to stop pushing the accelerator pedal and slowly pressing it again until the car speeds up. I have learnt one thing with expeience that when the engine starts knocking I shift the automatic gear to "S" postion from normal drive "D" position. I can immediatly feel the power and there is no knocking sound but after gaining speed upto 50 to 60 Km's it gives you the sound that the engine is runnung in low gears so I have to change it back to "D" again and it works fine till I reduce the speed around 15 to 20 Km's and then the same knocking will appear again.
    Please note their is no engine check light on the display.
    I have done the following things to rectify the fault but no results.
    I have changed engine oil, sparkplugs,airfilter,oil filter.
    Throtal body was cleaned.
    In idel condition when engine is running while pressing the acclerator I have checked the exhost and I have seen no smoke.
    Please help me out regarding the problem
    AoA,
    Brother the engine is not knocking because of any fault. This knocking is due to low octane number fuel used in Pakistan.

In a manual petrol car, if you accelerate suddenly on wrong (or larger) gear, for example I decelerate and come to 20 Km\h and I have got the ride in fourth gear, it will start knocking if I'll push at the accelerator. The same situation is happening with you too. When you shift to "B", which means low gears, the knocking stops. But because the car is in "B" mode it cannot shift to higher gears. So, on increased speed you need to shift to "D".

As far as I can see, every thing is normal in your ride. Just simply put high octane in it. You will feel a big difference.

Best of luck,
    regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Vitz 2006 is giving me 10km per ltr, i know it is not quite upto the standard although i have done the following
    - Cleant throttle body
    - Changed engine oil
    - Changed gear oil
    - changed air filter
    - cleant some sensors

despite of all this the average has not increased. What am i suppose to do ?
    also i have a some vibration problem in my car when its at idle position or on low RPM.

please guide
    Thanks

PS : I drive the car very gently

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a4aatif View Post
    My Vitz 2006 is giving me 10km per ltr, i know it is not quite upto the standard although i have done the following
    - Cleant throttle body
    - Changed engine oil
    - Changed gear oil
    - changed air filter
    - cleant some sensors

despite of all this the average has not increased. What am i suppose to do ?
    also i have a some vibration problem in my car when its at idle position or on low RPM.

please guide
    Thanks

PS : I drive the car very gently
    @a4aatif

Where did you change your transmission oil in Karachi? I plan to change mine too later but need to find a reliable person. Wanna do it properly with the original gaskets o ring etc. The guy I go to scan my car from showed me the wrong filler point for putting in the fluid so now I'm reluctant to go to him for the job. I had posted this in another thread here :

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...id-filler-hole

@syed-shoaib

How does this engine knocking sound...I have my previous Vitz for 4+ years and filled petrol only from Caltex and now I have this new shape 2007 but never as such heard any knocking sound hmmmmmmm?????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    @syed-shoaib

How does this engine knocking sound...I have my previous Vitz for 4+ years and filled petrol only from Caltex and now I have this new shape 2007 but never as such heard any knocking sound hmmmmmmm?????
    AoA.
    Bro this knocking sound is very common. I have heard this sound so many times in 2006 and up models. This is because the engine is only three valve and requires to generate power. and if the fuel isn't satisfactory then the knocking will occur.

It is nice that you are not hearing it Most of my known contacts complain about the engine knock on low octane fuel. But its good you are not having it. Still I will recommend you to get high just two or three liters of high octane after every couple of refills.

Best of luck
    regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    AoA.
    Bro this knocking sound is very common. I have heard this sound so many times in 2006 and up models. This is because the engine is only three valve and requires to generate power. and if the fuel isn't satisfactory then the knocking will occur.

It is nice that you are not hearing it Most of my known contacts complain about the engine knock on low octane fuel. But its good you are not having it. Still I will recommend you to get high just two or three liters of high octane after every couple of refills.

Best of luck
    regards,
    Thanks boss

So that's why i didnt hear it on the 2004 model. Maybe now I will hear on the 2007 model

What I do is after every 2 refils with petrol I put Rs.500 hi octane and Rs.500 super. Is that ok?

PS: You are becoming a Vitz expert I see

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Thanks boss

So that's why i didnt hear it on the 2004 model. Maybe now I will hear on the 2007 model

What I do is after every 2 refils with petrol I put Rs.500 hi octane and Rs.500 super. Is that ok?

PS: You are becoming a Vitz expert I see
    Yes that will be great. After two refills just put Rs. 500 high octane.

EXPERT is a very big word. isnt it? I think we are very small for that (at least me)

Best of luck,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone knows how to make the FM radio work here? I have the Vitz 2008 model in the new shape and it comes with a dvd/navigation installed already. Problem is the FM band is only from 80-90 and there's no radio station in Pakistan below 90 afaik. Please i'd appreciate any help in this matter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thugnificent View Post
    Anyone knows how to make the FM radio work here? I have the Vitz 2008 model in the new shape and it comes with a dvd/navigation installed already. Problem is the FM band is only from 80-90 and there's no radio station in Pakistan below 90 afaik. Please i'd appreciate any help in this matter.
    AoA.

Unfortunately every where in the world where ever japanease car is imported this problem happens. You require a FM radio band extender. I do not know if it is available in Pakistan but people on internet talk about it a lot. Check this link for details:
    Install FM Bank Extender

This link states:

"FM Band Expanders are used in Japanese import cars, as the radios installed in Japan have a frequency band different to the rest of the world - Japan uses the 76-90Mhz radio range and the international FM band covers 88MHz to 108MHz."

As people do not encourage it's use (I do not know why, may be because of it's cost) you can buy a new radio.

Hope this helps.
    regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks alot Syed-Shoaib, very appreciated

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default First Generation Vitz Facelict, Was it in 2002 or 2003 model??

Hi everybody,

Can somebody tell me that was it year 2002 or 2003 when Vitz 1999-2004(first generation) model shape bumpers,head lights and steering design changed or in other words it got a FACELIFT???There is minor difference in shape but I want to know exactly the month/year when the facelifting or this change occured?As one can find 2002 Vitz with both shaped bumpers,lights and steering wheels....So was it 2002?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2003 / 2004
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default eclipse ucnv884 mkii

Just got a vitz 2006, it came with a cd player "eclipse ucnv884 mkii " apparently it doesnt work only displays three option eject cd, eject dvd and open. The tilt is working no other option is working, i think its because it was reseted when the battery was change.

any solution where this can be fix ( any person in isb ? )

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rahimjavaid View Post
    Just got a vitz 2006, it came with a cd player "eclipse ucnv884 mkii " apparently it doesnt work only displays three option eject cd, eject dvd and open. The tilt is working no other option is working, i think its because it was reseted when the battery was change.

any solution where this can be fix ( any person in isb ? )

thanks
    Goto neelam market saddar, visit sherry (Sound Valley), he has a reset disk which will do the job for u
    Solar Hunter armed with a whip and a leash

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA brother. I think you need to activate this player again because of battery disconnection. For this you require a DVD which comes with the player. The CD looks like this one.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8C1H9i6kDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If it is not with the player you can download it from internet. After some research I have found this link online.

Boot disk for Eclipse UCNV-884 86271 V361A2 ยป Full Software Downloads - Download For All

You will have to go to this link and download all the parts one by one. The uploading.com links are working. I have downloaded one part to check it's working. Afterwards burn the complete CD after extracting those parts and put the CD in the unit. It will reprogram itself and will restart. I think everything should work fine afterwards.

That's all the help I can provide.

If this does not work, then, let's hope some other expert comes in to help you. But the procedure would remain nevertheless the same. Only what we need is the CD. If you will go to someone who has the CD, he will charge you some amount and will do it for you.

best of luck bro,
    regards

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List