0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sqahar

Take it to a mechanic, I'm not sure where though. Maybe someone here will be able to guide you to a mechanic with experience in removing CAT converters on Vitz.

They can then check it and if your CAT converter is blocked it could be the one causing a heavy load on your engine. It will then have to be removed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Panther

Price depends on the condition. Good condition should be available around 430k. I would advise getting the car for a day or atleast few hours to test drive. Show to atleast one mechanic and a good denter (a major body repair is a bad sign). Try to make sure mileage is not tampered - buy from someone u know or trust. 8-9k km per year is realistic. Less or more, both should avoided. Check the shifting if it's auto transmission - in all sorts of driving (easy plus hard). Listen for any unusual sounds especially the suspension. Push down the car on all four corners one by one to see the shock absorber response. It should be reasonably hard and not bounce. Steering should be perfect without any slack (wheels should turn on slight turn of the steering wheel). Confirm ABS is fine by braking hard once - you should feel the vibration in the brake pedal and car should not skid. Make sure the car's isn't leaking any fluid. Fluids will also tell you whether the car is well maintained or not. All should be topped up. ATF can also tell if there is something wrong with the transmission. It should be clear... and have this strange fruity smell on a running hot engine. Neither should it smell of burns nor should it be dark (brown or black). A drop of it should be fully absorbed by a tissue paper! Engine should start easily (within a second of starting ignition). In some vitz, the engine sound is a bit more which ofcourse should be avoided.

@sqahar

regarding the 2nd issue, there are many things which can have this effect (in order of difficulty and probability): air filter, engine oil and filter, MAF sensor, cat converter and fuel filter. in some cars, the fuel pump also gave such issues - not sure about vitz though. goodluck!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats a MAF sensor?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^air flow sensor
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey all, im ali, im new here, saw vitz club so wanted to show mine too, just got it like 2, 3 days back, its a 2002 with a pretty nice and clean body, and 15" alloys and goodyear eagle low profiles
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -767769

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -767770

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -767771

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -767772
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@disisfifty

very nice car Mashllah..wish ya best of luck have a safe drive will u plz post some interior pics too..
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey guys after Cng installaton i had lift my car..aur mere mechanic ne kaha kai is main packing rakh dete hain us ne springs main packing rakh di per us ke bad road grip buhat kam ho gaye aur drive bi smooth nae rai..now plz do tell me kia Vitz main XLI ke spring n shocks fit aa jain ***?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks dream, yup ill soon post interior pics too and more exterior pics also, can any 1 tell where can i get my rims polished or smething like that.... thanks
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@disisfifty
    Welcome aboard friend, We wish you a safe and happy ride both on PakWheels and on your new ride...
    Just from the looks of your car, I doubt if it is 2002 Model, please get it checked, cuz according to my uunderstanding it is 1999-2001 lights and everything.
    @DreamGirl
    There is one Modern Autos at near the end of Montegomry Road going from the Duty Free Shop, ,they are the experts in Shocks and Packing for Vitz. I have had my two Vitz done from them and absolutely no issues, and they are quite cheap too, You can give my refrerence as well if needed. Jameel told me about your visit and whatever fixes he did to your ride... How is the experience so far?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AnyOne Selling vitz Original Air-Press?
    For How Much?
    Mod Edit: Commercial selling is not allowed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

so sorry to hear that but best of luck with the sale and keep guiding us here in the vitz fan club hope you are not leaving this page ,

@dreamgirl,

yep i am also facing this issue, although i am running it on patrol but due to the road conditions here in karachi i installed spacers / packing in my car in all four wheels, and feeling same problem road grip not as before and ride also not as good as it was before.

I have not replaced my original tyres what do u guyz suggest.. will replacing them with rims can solve this road grip issue??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz
    thanks buddy, will be sad to see the car go but it is pointless to keep it as it has been replaced and nobody will use it. i'll be right here if ever needed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm
    Ur expert opinion is also needed plz....

@cache
    personally speaking i dont have a good experience af jameel...waise abi mere issus solve nahe hue waiting for his workshop's opening...aur should i chnage my Shocks n spring coz spring main packing ki waja se wo kharab ho gaye hain aur jameel ne hee aik bande ko car check karwai thi his name os "YUNAS" aur personally muje wo banda quite reasonable laga tha he is expert of racing cars aur us ne meri sari problems khud identify kin..waise wat u thing shuld i go for him?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dreamgirl
    yes packing is pretty much your only solution if you wish to stick to your original suspension. i have heard from many that corolla spirngs fit but i'll not suggest it unless you get the ratings checkd and see if they are compatible to your cars setup.

ideally you shoudl look for springs with the same diameter and number of coils, just ensure that the coils are slightly thicker (maybe 1mm more) and your problem should be solved. I can't comment further on the roll asprings without comparing them directly with the vitz springs face to face. either way by fitting CNG to yoru car it has compressed your suspension and somehow you'll need a solution.

what "packing" do you have in your car at the moment?

perhaps LOGAS has a solution for you.

@disisfifty
    congras on the purchase. any idea what that handle on the boot lid is for? i've always wondered as it makes the vitz look like a suitcase for no apparent reason/function.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is it gonna cost a fortune to replace shocks? i think mine would need replacement in a couple of months

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm
    Actually its like a 4 " diameter in Springs...and after that the sounds come like "khar kharrrrr kharrrr"
    and the mechanic told me that ur springs have lost their geniune shape so u have to change ur springs and shocks and then u dunt need any packing...
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of Luck with the sale, Storm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any lahore member will u plz tell me kai front bumper+Bonut pe aik dent paint karwana hai how much it will cost me for white colour...or kia within one day is it possible?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How severe is the dent ? plz post a pic or 2 and i ll tell you if its possible in a day or not !

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List