0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwkm79 View Post
    I have purchased vitz 2008 1000cc recently. I am facing heavy petrol consumption as 6.5 / 7.0 km/Ltr in city. Car is on Petrol and CNG not installed ever. Every other thing is working fine and drives smooth like water.
    tyre size is big 195/70/14. plz members advice the solution..
    Well, for one, your tyre size its too big and will always cause some mileage problems.

You can try cleaning your air filter, maintain recommended tyre pressure (the more the air pressure, the better the mileage, but less grip.. an vice versa)

Cleaning (or taking) out catalytic converter may also help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone help me in checking the auction grade of a Vitz as the person from whom I am buying the car is showing photocopy of the auction sheet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do NOT ever remove ur catalytic converter. it will eventually make ur car's performance worse than it is currently at. i followed the same stupid advice of such a removal from some experts @ pakwheels and ended up in ruining my car. ur car wont even run smooth anymore. and after a while the sound of the cylincer will seem too loud to u. i suggest u better unbolt the manifold, get the catalytic converter cleaned, and rebolt it again. do not remove it. also check the exhaust sensor located over the manifold. Clean the sensors. keep a good clean airfilter and u r good to go. tire size is a bit over also.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello guys, i just bought a used vitz but it has few issues which i want to resolve asap. ur help will be highly appreciated
    the engine misfires at high RPM n i feel slight knocking as well, slight vibrations in reverse gear
    Kindly suggest a good workshop in islamabad/rawalpindi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ More details required,

First of all get the oil/oil fiter, airfilter, spark plugs, CVT oil changed to be at the safe side, Get rs.1500 worth hi-octane petrol for atleast 2-3 refills then you get hi-octane ocasionaly or not but atleast let it cleaned up, Use a Petrol treatment or injector cleaner aswell. Should cost more then rs.500

Finaly also get the throttle body cleaned, and make sure that CNG was never installed in this car.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by addictivesundew View Post
    do NOT ever remove ur catalytic converter. it will eventually make ur car's performance worse than it is currently at. i followed the same stupid advice of such a removal from some experts @ pakwheels and ended up in ruining my car. ur car wont even run smooth anymore. and after a while the sound of the cylincer will seem too loud to u. i suggest u better unbolt the manifold, get the catalytic converter cleaned, and rebolt it again. do not remove it. also check the exhaust sensor located over the manifold. Clean the sensors. keep a good clean airfilter and u r good to go. tire size is a bit over also.

Please elaborate, Do you mean to open up cylincer and clean it, like we use drain openers to open the drains? (because this is possible either you have to replace it or break the jali like thing inside)

Or do u mean not to remove the dholki, and break the catalytic convertor?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Please elaborate, Do you mean to open up cylincer and clean it, like we use drain openers to open the drains? (because this is possible either you have to replace it or break the jali like thing inside)

Or do u mean not to remove the dholki, and break the catalytic convertor?
    He means not to remove the dholki or break the catalytic converter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ But how to clean it then? its replaced worldwide once its completed its life, Im not sure if replacements (brand new) are avalible locally, And theirs defenitly nothing that works like a drain opener or injector cleaner to clean the clogged catalyst,

Runing your car with a choked catalyst is not logical at all. Im trying to find complete free flow down pipping (cat back) but im afraid of the loud muffler sound, that costs around $150 on ebay. Lets see if some dealer is able to help me import it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ But how to clean it then? its replaced worldwide once its completed its life, Im not sure if replacements (brand new) are avalible locally, And theirs defenitly nothing that works like a drain opener or injector cleaner to clean the clogged catalyst,

Runing your car with a choked catalyst is not logical at all. Im trying to find complete free flow down pipping (cat back) but im afraid of the loud muffler sound, that costs around $150 on ebay. Lets see if some dealer is able to help me import it
    All i know is that the sound is horrible after removing it. I dont know if its because both the "dholkis" are removed or what....so no idea. In fact I had my vitz for 4+ years and the CAT never choked. I used to always fuel up with Caltex though and very rarely with other fuels, even now with my Belta.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thing is that, When you remove the dholki and fit a pipe it increases sound,
    You remove the dholki, break the catalyst, weld it back, (leaved hollow space in side) creates sound and a shrill sound

Best way it to find a replacment (jalli wali) that keep the sound orignal, But for that cut and weld is required which atleast i hate, rewelding always leaks. and makes problems very often.

Im happy with my car doing 12km/L now, if it goes below 11 or 10, then i might consider removing the cat for now im happy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does any body know if Vitz comes with foglight wiring preinstalled, or a new set of wiring has to be put, Altho the wiring comes along the kit purchased, But i want the foglight (light in the meter cluster) to work aswell, So was just wondering does anybody know if the foglight wiring is preinstalled or not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone, Drove about 475 kilometers till the second last side stoped and the last light started blinking, got her refiiled at 489.9 (lets count it 490) and 35.85 liters came in, lets say 36 liters,

that means 490 kms on 36 liters, 13.61km/L This is good mashaAllah.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any one selling Vitzes navigation screen? Preferably W-57

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hanzala View Post
    Can anyone please tell me for what purpose this light is for??

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -334973

Its a cool engine light. when you start the car and the engine is cool then this light is on , after 2 or 3 min when engine get normal then this light is disappear. its working just like gauage . and when engine become hot then it become red sign.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello good people...
    I own a 2 door vitz and want to change the suspension to a more stiffer setup...
    Does anyone know or has any aftermarket suspension that can adjust the ride height too?.
    Thanks in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me average sale time of vitz 2008 and 2009? I mean in how many days vitz can be sold on prevailing market price.

Thanks,
    Amir

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help regarding vitz 99

Salam Guyz !

I bought a vitz 99 yesterday...Actually I was searching for 2002-2004 model because of the changes in lights and bumper but couldnt get one in reasonable condition and if the condition is good they would demand around 8 lacs...so got this one for 650. I got its new engine from Shoba Bazar Peshawar worth 15000 and its acting like news..well I want to change the lights and front bumper(2002 onwards one)....IS IT POSSIBLE ? well finding it would not be a problem ( Peshawar) but will it fit in 99 vitz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone, Drove about 475 kilometers till the second last side stoped and the last light started blinking, got her refiiled at 489.9 (lets count it 490) and 35.85 liters came in, lets say 36 liters,

that means 490 kms on 36 liters, 13.61km/L This is good mashaAllah.
    That's cool I would also like to try to get an exact estimate of my mileage but don't want to wait till the last light is blinking seeing the situation in karachi and the fact that I was stuck for 2+ hours on sharea faisal in karachi last night

I had two bars left and was thinking of letting it go till it started blinking but common sense prevailed and thank goodness I filled up that morning before the trouble started or else I would have been stranded :-/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh thats bad, thankfully i left office on time, YOu dont have to wait till the last bar, just divide driven kms by fuel refilled, you can do that with 100km of driving and refilling aswell.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh thats bad, thankfully i left office on time, YOu dont have to wait till the last bar, just divide driven kms by fuel refilled, you can do that with 100km of driving and refilling aswell.
    That's what I do to get a rough estimate. But mine is so far only about 9.50/10 l/km It's a Belta but a lot of short starts and AC too

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List