0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Noiseless View Post
    @chinyoti
    Since you own Both 2002 and 2008 Models of Vitz how would you compare Both Cars . Appreciate it if you shed some light in detail Thanks. Planning to buy a 2009 1.3L right now i have 2004.

Im been lazy to do a review thread, Ive always want to do it, But dont get time, Since your planning to go for a 1300cc car then its a different case, for the 1000cc models heres the verdict.

Driving a CVT is not fun at all, Theirs no pickup when you need it, The engine sound is too much, But it can take lead in a drag with its counterpart auto tranies.

Over all the car is a whole lot better then the 99-04 ones, But thoose cars were better built, My 02 was a fresh import car, This one was imported/Registered in 2010, I purchased it 3 months ago, Pakistani people dont keep cars nicely.

I had to spend a couple of thousand to get it into shape, When i bought it, It was giving around 9.5km/L Now its giving me 12++ as an average, ive managed 13.6~13.7 km/L.

-The car goes upto 100-140 easily,
    -No vibration,
    -No struggling,
    -Its alot roomier,
    -More space,
    -More storage spaces, (3 dashboards)
    -Alot more comfortable seats,
    -Driving position is alot better.
    -The rear seat is recline able,
    -The meter position and viewing for driver is better in 99-04 (this one has glare and is in extreme centre driver cant see it comfortably).
    -Toyota has saved costs on making this car, But their isnt any noisy plastics, and maintains Toyota standards.
    -Driving the 99-04 is still more fun, But that car takes more time 0-80km/h.
    -I can confidently say that 99-04 Vitz is a mini Corolla Indus in all aspects (its a lakker hazam pathar hazam car).
    -With the new one its been 3 months, Im getting used to it. But buying another Vitz wasnt a bad option at all, looks good, and is alot spacious.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The fuel efficiency is great, Being a Toyota and being avalible in Asian markets particularly China/Taiwan & Dubai parts are no problem at all, In Karachi atleast Toyota delers (spare part dealers) are importing all spares.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    oh great ...but where from (in Pindi / islamabad) i get it done ??
    you can check the F-10 makraz shops, or bluearea car shops for it in isb.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default FM Frequency Converter for japanese FM band

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    I want one for my 2002 Vitz, If you come across one let me know
    this type of thing is used.
    Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - images?qtbnANd9GcR7ACy3 XZQfXYkw73ue7O0Mt40ZMqC7uH5Y8E182jbbVDpdx9a

car antenna wire is plugged into the box's socket, and its output plug is plugged into the CD player.
    and the red wire is connected to + terminal of battery,( simply connect it to + of cd player)
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thoose documents are suficient, B/L, Export certificate, Some gate passes of Karachi Port, Since the car is used and imported under T/R or PB, the is imported on XYZ persons name, a selling letter would be required by the person on whoose name the car was imported, But dealers and agents can handle that,

for instance my car was sold in Japan by Naazish motors to Khuda baksh, Khuda baksh is XYZ here,

Khuda baksh sold the car to 123 motors (my Dealer who actualy imported the car) That dealer sold the car to me, So i have the receipt etc, Its registered on my name.

But to be at the safe side, Ask your registration agent what documents would he need, That is the saffest option.
    jazakallha for detail responce , inshallha on monday will get complete checklist of required doc from excise office
    appreciate ur input
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im been lazy to do a review thread, Ive always want to do it, But dont get time, Since your planning to go for a 1300cc car then its a different case, for the 1000cc models heres the verdict.

Driving a CVT is not fun at all, Theirs no pickup when you need it, The engine sound is too much, But it can take lead in a drag with its counterpart auto tranies.

Over all the car is a whole lot better then the 99-04 ones, But thoose cars were better built, My 02 was a fresh import car, This one was imported/Registered in 2010, I purchased it 3 months ago, Pakistani people dont keep cars nicely.

I had to spend a couple of thousand to get it into shape, When i bought it, It was giving around 9.5km/L Now its giving me 12++ as an average, ive managed 13.6~13.7 km/L.

-The car goes upto 100-140 easily,
    -No vibration,
    -No struggling,
    -Its alot roomier,
    -More space,
    -More storage spaces, (3 dashboards)
    -Alot more comfortable seats,
    -Driving position is alot better.
    -The rear seat is recline able,
    -The meter position and viewing for driver is better in 99-04 (this one has glare and is in extreme centre driver cant see it comfortably).
    -Toyota has saved costs on making this car, But their isnt any noisy plastics, and maintains Toyota standards.
    -Driving the 99-04 is still more fun, But that car takes more time 0-80km/h.
    -I can confidently say that 99-04 Vitz is a mini Corolla Indus in all aspects (its a lakker hazam pathar hazam car).
    -With the new one its been 3 months, Im getting used to it. But buying another Vitz wasn't a bad option at all, looks good, and is alot spacious.
    Well this is Indeed a Very Comprehensive Review Appreciate it Thanks. Actually i have heared alot about The Engine noise and Low Pickup in 1000ccs in this Variant Compared to 99-04 Ones,This made me Go for 1300cc Now i am in a Dilemma b/w 1300 Vitz and Passo Have Test Driven a Passo now waiting to Drive 1300 Vitz . Bit of Scared though since i found this 2004 after a Very Hard Search.Let see what i find now !! Thanks again .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The sound isn't of the engine actualy its off the cvt, 1000cc passo uses the same engine, the low pickup is because of its biggersize, electronic throttle and cvt transmission, finding a used cat of choice is tough, took me 3 months.

Passo can be a better option price wise, but I'm not sure about its parts avalibilty in the long run

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys who from is using Vitz 2008 1.0 ?

Let me know what is your fuel average ? And do tell me how do you calculate it ? What is the Hi Octane/ Supreme ratio ? Tire Size as well (What if the tire is not stock profile)

My car is giving in my 10-11 Km/L in Islamabad city without AC. and all i drove was from Sector G6 to Airport in night after 12 am when whole Islamabad is sleeping. With very light foot. not more than 100 km/h speed. Besides my car has an extra ECO function. The car goes on battery when you stop on signal or somewhere, and starts without effecting the lights, music system

My tire size is 185/70/14. Which is wider than the orignal size of Vitz 20 mm.

Denso Spark Plugs. Silver tip.
    Air filter is clean.
    CAT removed.
    Checked the computer, all sensor codes are fine.
    Throttle cleaned.

Gear Oil i did not changed, because its fine according to the mechnicmy car geniune meter was 60,000 km when it came from Japan.

So kindly assist me. Specially if someone is from Islamabad !

Some Vitz users are saying it should give atleast 13 km/L WITH AC in city like islamabad. While some says the new Vitz will just give 11km/L.

I dont know what to do When everyone is giving me inaccurate readings on mileage issue. -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ What specifit model plugs are you using? (model number) recomended ones are Denso Iridiums SK20HR11, 10 km/L is a low fuel average atleast with the ECO car its not good.

-Im managing to do 12ish with A/C The worst average ive got is 10.8 km/L with A/C, The best was 13.66 km/L without A/C.

-What engine oil are you using?

-To calculate fuel average, You have to divide driven kilometers with fuel added, for instance you reached the petrol pump at 498km you refilled the car upto 36 liters.

Now divide 498/36= 13.83 km/L is your fuel average.

Dont expect the car to give to more then 12-13 if your driving in traffic and rough, And you need to get used to driving a CVT, If you just step on the accelerator its going no where, It would just eat more fuel, It increase the speed when it feels like, It just doesnt shoots up.

BTW why did you remove the CAT convertor if your cars just 60,000 km driven? and btw their are 2 CAT convertors in this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i do not know what is the plug number. All i know is that i bought DENSO Iridiums.
    You know the weather of Islamabad is chilled even now, the car is with me from last 3 weeks, so i never turned on the AC.

I am calculating by turning the TRIP A to ZERO while i am filling my fuel tank and then i divide the total mileage with the litres i fill. Just the way you told me.

Frist line drops around 76, Second drops around 41 and so on. So its not going above 440 Km in 36 litres of Fuel (in which 8 Litre is HI-Ocataine)

440 Km with my driving style is very with very light foot, on the roads of Islamabad at Night (Without AC), when there is no traffic is very less.

Pakistani assembled 1.3 Corolla is giving me more than that

Now i was told that CAT should be removed it might be cloged or something, no one told me even the mechanic that there is another CAT :@

Trust me dude, if this car gives me in Islamabad city 13.88 With AC, i dont want anything more than that. But the fact is that my driving is style is very calm and its just like Highway and its not giving me more than 11.4 Without AC.

And i press Gas pedal like 10 %. I mean if any one sitting in the car, wont even listen the GENERATOR type sound of new VITZ if the windows are closed. Lols

And my Tire is not stock profile, my tire size is 185/70/14. This tire is 20mm wider than Stock tire. (I asked many tire sellers, they said if you are looking for fuel average then it has nothing to do with the tire which is 20 mm wider.)

So basically i am stucked, dont know what to do.

Because the day i ON my AC in summer my average will drop 2 KM per litre. and it will be 9 km/L.

Anyone having new Vitz will start hating Vitz with that kind of average

So anyone on Pakwheels, who got Vitz 2008, 1.0 Assist me what to do.

Thanks.

^ What specifit model plugs are you using? (model number) recomended ones are Denso Iridiums SK20HR11, 10 km/L is a low fuel average atleast with the ECO car its not good.

-Im managing to do 12ish with A/C The worst average ive got is 10.8 km/L with A/C, The best was 13.66 km/L without A/C.

-What engine oil are you using?

-To calculate fuel average, You have to divide driven kilometers with fuel added, for instance you reached the petrol pump at 498km you refilled the car upto 36 liters.

Now divide 498/36= 13.83 km/L is your fuel average.

Dont expect the car to give to more then 12-13 if your driving in traffic and rough, And you need to get used to driving a CVT, If you just step on the accelerator its going no where, It would just eat more fuel, It increase the speed when it feels like, It just doesnt shoots up.

BTW why did you remove the CAT convertor if your cars just 60,000 km driven? and btw their are 2 CAT convertors in this car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try getting your cars engine oil changed to caltex 5-40 fully synthetic, if you want a sasta solution put it caltex 10-30, get genuine air and oil filters, get you sparkplugs checked if they are of the specified number or not, check your cars tire pressure make sure they are 30 or 32, low pressure woukd cause drag and increase consumption,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ps: I have the same tire size. My car isn't an eco package. I'm managing a gud average alhamdulilah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Remove both cat
    chk tire pressure
    change cvt fluid dun trust the odo meter reading
    chk plugs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK.

Just tell me what is the best oil for Vitz ? If its Caltex ? Then What number ? We have best Caltex oil here in F-6 Sector of Islamabad.

Which Brand of Oil and Air filter as well ?

Sparkplugs, the number you gave i saved it, and i will change them this week. In'Shaa'Allah.

Tire pressure is 30 front, 32 rear.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, i will remove the other CAT as well.

What CVT fluid ? Which brand is good for VITZ ? I am not going to trust the ODO meter, I will change it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Remove both cat
    chk tire pressure
    change cvt fluid dun trust the odo meter reading
    chk plugs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Vitz Experts,

I have recently bought a Vitz 2009 model and i am now due for an Oil Change. Can you guys please suggest me which Motor Oil i should go for as the manual says 5w-30 and we have Havoline, Shell etc. I am confused which one to go for as this is a CVT transmission what doe the experts suggest!

Thanks.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ccipk View Post
    Dear Vitz Experts,

I have recently bought a Vitz 2009 model and i am now due for an Oil Change. Can you guys please suggest me which Motor Oil i should go for as the manual says 5w-30 and we have Havoline, Shell etc. I am confused which one to go for as this is a CVT transmission what doe the experts suggest!

Thanks.....
    For better performance, better economy and longevity of engine life: STICK TO MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED OIL GRADE/VISCOSITY Specifications. As you correctly mentioned 5W-30 is the magic number as per vitz owner's manual. Now that you know the correct specs, hunt for reliable brands of oil and purchase it from reliable vendor...good luck.
    NOTE:

CVT or conventional A/T or M/T, has got little or nothing to do with the choice of engine oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xahraankhan View Post

What CVT fluid ? Which brand is good for VITZ ? I am not going to trust the ODO meter, I will change it anyways.

use toyota genuine cvt fluid comes in a tin rectangular can of 4L costs 3800 rs !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xahraankhan View Post

Tire pressure seems okay, But i keep it same in all tires, CVT oil is Toyota CVT avalible in a Toyota can of 4 Liters, Engine oil you can get 5-40 Caltex fully synthetic, I guess its an imported product might not be avalible at Caltex pumps but still try it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is 5-40 ?

Do you use the same oil you mentioned ? And if its Caltex oil and i dont find on Caltex pump then where i will get it ?

I found Vitz user manuals online, my car came without one.

Manual says Toyota Oil. 5W-30
    Tire pressure seems okay, But i keep it same in all tires, CVT oil is Toyota CVT avalible in a Toyota can of 4 Liters, Engine oil you can get 5-40 Caltex fully synthetic, I guess its an imported product might not be avalible at Caltex pumps but still try it.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List