0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    The engine is tuned for the stock exhaust configuration and removing the cat reduces the pressure at exhaust valves which can damage the pistons. (At least in theory)

BTW, I have driven 60,000 km after removing cat. Engine is fine so far, but I didn't notice any improvement in performance or economy. The low end torque might have decreased a bit though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    Actually these engines need some amount of back pressure from the exhaust to work efficiently. Removing the cat will increase the velocity with which exhaust gases travel in tail pipe and decrease the overall efficiency of the engine.

Some cars have their O2 sensors after cat, in that case check engine light may come up and ecu might not get correct values from that sensor

1) how did the removal of cat-converter affect the SOUND of your engine ?? did it become noisy or remained the same ??
    2) If it became noisy after cat-converter removal, how did you cope up with that ??
    3) Whats the year/model of your car.. is it a First generation Vitz or Second Gen ??
    Looking forward to your response. Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gorkan
    I recently removed cat, it increased the acceleration especially with AC on..i am seeing you're not taking side of removal of CAT
    is it removed in your car or not, if its there it would have been choked and it ll also be affecting acceleration and fuel consumption
    -Just an opinion

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizkhan2010I removed CAT 2 months ago, the sound is slightly changed it hasn't increase the noise....it increased the acceleration and fuel consumption. my vitz is 04 model, first generation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    1) how did the removal of cat-converter affect the SOUND of your engine ?? did it become noisy or remained the same ??
    2) If it became noisy after cat-converter removal, how did you cope up with that ??
    3) Whats the year/model of your car.. is it a First generation Vitz or Second Gen ??
    Looking forward to your response. Regards.
    1, 2) The sound slightly changed, didn't increase much, it's not too noticeable.

3) its 2002, 1st gen.

“Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heddie19 View Post
    @gorkan
    I recently removed cat, it increased the acceleration especially with AC on..i am seeing you're not taking side of removal of CAT
    is it removed in your car or not, if its there it would have been choked and it ll also be affecting acceleration and fuel consumption
    -Just an opinion
    I removed it ~5 years ago, and wasn't choked

“Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Belta Jerk/Missing Problem

Hello Fellow Pakwheelers,

I have been on PW for quite some time now albeit on the silent side using it mainly as a source of knowledge from our many expert members here. Loveable got me hooked on to Belta when he started this thread and Murtaza_murti paved the way for me to buy one myself once he started posting here and helping people out. This is a shout out to them and to all the other members who are helping turn n00bs in to experts by sharing all their knowledge selflessly and taking time out to answer queries.

In lieu of this I thought I would put up an interesting case of a problem with my Belta which might intrigue some of the experts here while helping anyone else out there who is facing the same issue. I will try to be as clear as possible:

Car Specs:

Toyota Belta 2007 1.0L 1KR-FE
    Imported 2010/Reg 2011
    Mileage : 50k on the ODO
    Perol, no CNG

There are two separate issues, since I`m not sure if they are related or not I will list them both out.

1. A couple of months ago the car parked in an open area at night and it was raining heavily. In the morning when I started the car a strange sound was emitting from the A/C vents. The sound only came when I revved the engine and it was kind of like the sound you hear when a pot of water boils. Like a bubbly water sound but only when I revved the engine. After revving the engine 4-5 times the sound disappeared. Since then the sound comes every time I start the car after a prolonged resting period such as when parked at night and dissipates after a few revs. It does not come when the car has been parked for only a couple of hours or so. Besides the sound there was no impact on the car otherwise, it was functioning normally.

2. This started happening about 1-2Months after the above issue. One day while on my way to the office in the morning, about 10 minutes in to the commute the car suddenly lost power, even with the accelerator pedal floored the car was vibrating heavily and not going above 30KM/Hr. I reached office, parked the car and went on about my day, in the evening when I started the car again to head back home, the same issue was there, the car was not going above 30KM/Hr. I took it to Honda Pit Stop where they examined the plugs, coils, air filter, air intake, cleaned the throttle body, opened the engine hub and manually checked the top of the pistons (not sure what they`re called) and hooked it up to the computer scanner and checked. None of this resolved or identified the issue. Then the fuel pump and filter was checked, the filter was replaced since they decided the pump was OK. The issue still remained. They say the only thing left to change now is the CVT fluid and if that fails then they are stumped.

I have reviewed the CVT change procedure as listed here by Omer Saleem in the DIY projects thread and see that many of the mistakes the mechanics make during the change were repeated by the Pit Stop staff when I asked them how they will do that, due to this I refrained from getting the CVT fluid changed as they were really just guessing.

The Symptoms: This ONLY happens when the car has been parked with the engine off for 1-2 Hours +. After driving the car for about 10-15 minutes the car becomes completely normal and the drive smooth as before.

1. When the car is started after resting for 1-2 Hours + you can hear the engine missing. During the first 5 minutes the car will stall if the accelerator is not pressed (as in the case of a CNG car if the "raise" is low and needs adjustments).
    2. After 5 minutes the issue of the car stalling subsides, however the car jerks and won't go above 30-40KM even with the accelerator pedal floored. During this the engine will be doing a lot of "missing". The issue remains the same with or without the AC.
    3. After approx. 10-15 minutes of driving the car will become completely normal and smooth.
    4. The issue will be repeated once the car is park/off for 1-2Hours + even immediately following a driving session.

Since I showed the car to two different reputable workshops/mechanics and they couldn't diagnose the issue, I turn to my fellow Pakwheelers for help and advice.

Good Luck!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Annnnd I just realized I have posted in the Vitz forum, apologies, shifting to Belta forum.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

//I removed it ~5 years ago, and wasn't choked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app//

So now you regret removing the CAT ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I removed cat converter from 3 vitZ pf mine n all running perfectly the 2nd grn vitz gets quite noisy , no issues no changes in economy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    I removed cat converter from 3 vitZ pf mine n all running perfectly the 2nd grn vitz gets quite noisy , no issues no changes in economy
    Salman bhai.. if it gets noisy then it IS a problem.... isnt it ?

anyways..any experience regarding how to solve the NOISE issue ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    Salman bhai.. if it gets noisy then it IS a problem.... isnt it ?

anyways..any experience regarding how to solve the NOISE issue ??
    actually i got used to the noise , n the noise is much obvious outsyd the car specially whn u floor the car ! yes , the solution is they will install another muffler in the exhaust n it will be as quite as it used to be , but i havent done dat , nt in favour of cutting the genuine exhaust piping n welding in another muffler !

the 1st gen vitz nt much diff in noise in them after cat removal !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    actually i got used to the noise , n the noise is much obvious outsyd the car specially whn u floor the car ! yes , the solution is they will install another muffler in the exhaust n it will be as quite as it used to be , but i havent done dat , nt in favour of cutting the genuine exhaust piping n welding in another muffler !

the 1st gen vitz nt much diff in noise in them after cat removal !
    1) where is catalytic converter located in 2nd gen vitz ? (if possible show in diagram/photo)

2) what about cleaning the cat converter ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it can be cleaned I hv cleaned catalytic converter of my passo..it was chocked and its performance was very good after cleaning

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Akhan12 View Post
    Yes it can be cleaned I hv cleaned catalytic converter of my passo..it was chocked and its performance was very good after cleaning

where did u clean it from?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Peshawar....I cleaned it with acid (washroom wala ) and it took full 3bottles of acid..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heddie19 View Post
    //I removed it ~5 years ago, and wasn't choked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app//

So now you regret removing the CAT ?
    Yes, I feel that it wasn't needed. Although I haven't faced any issues related to that, what so ever

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memphisblue View Post
    Annnnd I just realized I have posted in the Vitz forum, apologies, shifting to Belta forum.
    Vita and belta share the same platform, there is nothing wrong about posting belta queries here.

Your first problem is related to main engine belt. Cleaning, re tensioning it or replacing it should solve the squeeking noise issue

About your second problem, I have no clue but feel bad that our so called authorized workshops try their jugaRs when they don't have a clue of what's the actual problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Gorkan, Thanks for replying. I might have been a little daft with my explanation of the sound. The sound you are saying - that comes from a non-greased or loose belt is like a hi pitched whine or scream and it comes directly from the bonnet. The sound I was explaining is coming from through the a/c vents (so actually its something behind the a/c vents) and its exactly like water bubbling. I`ll try to see if tomorrow I can record the sound. I know it might sound weird but is it possible that due to heavy rain the water seeped in to a cavity there, through the vents which are on the bonnet just under the wipers?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    +1
    moeed bhai check out exact specifications and if it comes from china than will get from there next month inshallah
    i think call something iredium plugs
    Dear Ahmad Bro! Upon asking the Sellers here @ PW the Plug Specs for 1.0L (2010) Model the Specs are
    DENSO SK20HR11 & NGK BCPR6EIX11

If you get a Chance to go to any Toyota 3S, If U can, Please do confirm what Spark Plugs Model they Recommend & their Price. Cuz here at PW the Plugs are Available @ Lower Prices, By Choosing Seller Wisely.

& Dear FANCLUB Members PLeaseee Is Their No One Here to Help in Telling Spark Plugs Model, I came here with many Expectations!
    Pakistan needs MaSsive Over-HAULING!! So either stay or Just Leave it!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Denso sk20hr11 Iridium are recommended plugs for Vitz 2010.
    Platinum&Iridium Plugs,Performance 8MM Wires,Automotive Bulbs and Bosch Horns for sale Contact: 0333-3035482

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List