0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by librian_13 View Post
    My Vitz 2008 windscreen got broken. Can anyone guide me for getting it in cheap price.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/body-lights-appearance-parts/220937-vitz-2007-08-windscreen-needed
    bro dont go for cheap stuff get a orignal windscreen i mean not the chinesse stuff
    h@mI 91

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memphisblue View Post
    Hello Fellow Pakwheelers,

I have been on PW for quite some time now albeit on the silent side using it mainly as a source of knowledge from our many expert members here. Loveable got me hooked on to Belta when he started this thread and Murtaza_murti paved the way for me to buy one myself once he started posting here and helping people out. This is a shout out to them and to all the other members who are helping turn n00bs in to experts by sharing all their knowledge selflessly and taking time out to answer queries.

In lieu of this I thought I would put up an interesting case of a problem with my Belta which might intrigue some of the experts here while helping anyone else out there who is facing the same issue. I will try to be as clear as possible:

Car Specs:

Toyota Belta 2007 1.0L 1KR-FE
    Imported 2010/Reg 2011
    Mileage : 50k on the ODO
    Perol, no CNG

There are two separate issues, since I`m not sure if they are related or not I will list them both out.

1. A couple of months ago the car parked in an open area at night and it was raining heavily. In the morning when I started the car a strange sound was emitting from the A/C vents. The sound only came when I revved the engine and it was kind of like the sound you hear when a pot of water boils. Like a bubbly water sound but only when I revved the engine. After revving the engine 4-5 times the sound disappeared. Since then the sound comes every time I start the car after a prolonged resting period such as when parked at night and dissipates after a few revs. It does not come when the car has been parked for only a couple of hours or so. Besides the sound there was no impact on the car otherwise, it was functioning normally.

2. This started happening about 1-2Months after the above issue. One day while on my way to the office in the morning, about 10 minutes in to the commute the car suddenly lost power, even with the accelerator pedal floored the car was vibrating heavily and not going above 30KM/Hr. I reached office, parked the car and went on about my day, in the evening when I started the car again to head back home, the same issue was there, the car was not going above 30KM/Hr. I took it to Honda Pit Stop where they examined the plugs, coils, air filter, air intake, cleaned the throttle body, opened the engine hub and manually checked the top of the pistons (not sure what they`re called) and hooked it up to the computer scanner and checked. None of this resolved or identified the issue. Then the fuel pump and filter was checked, the filter was replaced since they decided the pump was OK. The issue still remained. They say the only thing left to change now is the CVT fluid and if that fails then they are stumped.

I have reviewed the CVT change procedure as listed here by Omer Saleem in the DIY projects thread and see that many of the mistakes the mechanics make during the change were repeated by the Pit Stop staff when I asked them how they will do that, due to this I refrained from getting the CVT fluid changed as they were really just guessing.

The Symptoms: This ONLY happens when the car has been parked with the engine off for 1-2 Hours +. After driving the car for about 10-15 minutes the car becomes completely normal and the drive smooth as before.

1. When the car is started after resting for 1-2 Hours + you can hear the engine missing. During the first 5 minutes the car will stall if the accelerator is not pressed (as in the case of a CNG car if the "raise" is low and needs adjustments).
    2. After 5 minutes the issue of the car stalling subsides, however the car jerks and won't go above 30-40KM even with the accelerator pedal floored. During this the engine will be doing a lot of "missing". The issue remains the same with or without the AC.
    3. After approx. 10-15 minutes of driving the car will become completely normal and smooth.
    4. The issue will be repeated once the car is park/off for 1-2Hours + even immediately following a driving session.

Since I showed the car to two different reputable workshops/mechanics and they couldn't diagnose the issue, I turn to my fellow Pakwheelers for help and advice.

Good Luck!
    And so as it happens much too often, some of the most complex problems in life have the simplest solutions.

The solution to the above problem for the benefit of anyone else who might have/had the same problem : Servicing/Cleaning the Fuel Injectors. Within 10 mins, my Belta was pack to being the timid babe it was.

Side note, this episode did have its upside - I found out who to go to if a problem ever occurs again with my Belta or any other car. As I said in my original post, mechanics I have been using for almost a decade at two company authorised reputable workshops could not diagnose the issue after prodding and using the hit/miss approach for over two weeks. In the end someone recommended a workshop which was said to specialize in Japanese and other hi-end vehicles. I wasn't really keen on having another mechanic tinker with my Belta without an inkling to what the problem was but after 2 weeks of getting no answers I was desperate. The owner of the said workshop was given the briefing exactly as I have stated above, he sat in the car, took one round around the block and had immediately diagnosed the issue.. which was simply cleaning the fuel injectors which were choked due to bad fuel. 10 Minutes later Voila! the car was back to being its usual self.

The Workshop : SUNTECH on Gurumangat Road in Gulberg
    Owner: Mr. Sana
    Number: 042-35754598/99

Directions: From Mini Market go towards Jail Road, turn right on to the road which has MCB Bank at its corner ( the turn is adjacent to Salt n Pepper Grill) Turn left after MEMORIES restaurant.

PS: They are expensive but then you can't be cheap when it comes to your car can you.
    + Mera Dil Lahore Main Dafan Karna...
    ...Aur Mera Jisam Jo Chaho So Karo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear friend, i am confused because of different version/code of vitz i.e FL, U, F, L, S etc etc ...would you please highlight what do these code indicate?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ATF/ CVT \change for Vitz

Can anyone suggest to me the right place in Islamabad where expert mechanics are available for ATF change of Vitz.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vitz headers any one ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rashidkhanmuhammad View Post
    Can anyone suggest to me the right place in Islamabad where expert mechanics are available for ATF change of Vitz.
    that is very simple any mechanic can do it but do change the with orignal toyota atf (d2 iguess) thats better as recommended by toyota
    h@mI 91

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it possible to pull of the original gear knob of a 2007 A/T vitz and put on an after market one?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using PW Forums mobile app
    1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sahhil_22 View Post
    Is it possible to pull of the original gear knob of a 2007 A/T vitz and put on an after market one?

Yes, Simply revolve it anti clock wise, And it comes off,

This is not possible in 99-04 Vitz.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza91 View Post
    that is very simple any mechanic can do it but do change the with orignal toyota atf (d2 iguess) thats better as recommended by toyota
    kiu tukka mar ke kissi ka nuqsan kera rae ho bhae, D2 ATF for Vitz ?

99-04 uses ATF TIV
    05-curent used TOYOTA CVT FLUID.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Babar_a View Post
    Dear friend, i am confused because of different version/code of vitz i.e FL, U, F, L, S etc etc ...would you please highlight what do these code indicate?
    B is a complete car with 2 airbags and no wheel caps and side mirrors are not powered.
    F is a comple car with 8 airbags standard everything Powered
    FL comes with keyless ignition/entry
    U comes with Climate control etc.
    Theirs no S/L

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alyrazaa View Post
    Well i had a refill frm pso aga kkhan today.... lets c how it performs.... thnks for the suggestion...btw i have heard that caltex pumps are usually better

Sent from my A60
    The best way to acheive ideal mileage from a CVT is to understand that ur drving a CVT and not a BOEING 747,

-The car speeds up gradually, Pushing the pedal hard takes you no where just a huge bhhhrrr sound.
    -Try PSO pump under karsaz flyover/Shara-e-faisal.
    -Use 10 liters of hi-octance once in atleast 5 refills.
    -Try fulling the fuel tank rather then getting fill ups of 500 each.
    -Just after you fill up the tank, Get the tire airpressure to 30 PSI in all four tires, Na kam na ziada. (this one realy does magic i didnt belive it but it realy does magic.

-Also get some air on the airfilter.
    -For the safe side clean the plugs too.

after all that has been done, Do you feel that your car drives heavy? or struggles?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    Allhamdulillah, Bought a vitz 2003.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using PW Forums mobile app

mubarkan, These 99-04 Vitz are just yummilicious to drive, congrats again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm looking for OEM alloys for my Vitz 2007 1.0 Litre. Any idea where to get it from, in Lahore or Isloo? How much will it cost?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    The best way to acheive ideal mileage from a CVT is to understand that ur drving a CVT and not a BOEING 747,

-The car speeds up gradually, Pushing the pedal hard takes you no where just a huge bhhhrrr sound.
    -Try PSO pump under karsaz flyover/Shara-e-faisal.
    -Use 10 liters of hi-octance once in atleast 5 refills.
    -Try fulling the fuel tank rather then getting fill ups of 500 each.
    -Just after you fill up the tank, Get the tire airpressure to 30 PSI in all four tires, Na kam na ziada. (this one realy does magic i didnt belive it but it realy does magic.

-Also get some air on the airfilter.
    -For the safe side clean the plugs too.

after all that has been done, Do you feel that your car drives heavy? or struggles?
    Thanks frnd ... I have tried full tank, half tank and 1000 rupees fuel ups as well .... avg is same everytime ie 8kmpl.... even tried 5 ltr petrol n 5 ltr hi octane.... same avg... the only thng lft is 30 psi n pso karsaz... wil give that a try too n let u knw
    Thx again

Sent from my A60

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks frnd ... I have tried full tank, half tank and 1000 rupees fuel ups as well .... avg is same everytime ie 8kmpl.... even tried 5 ltr petrol n 5 ltr hi octane.... same avg... the only thng lft is 30 psi n pso karsaz... wil give that a try too n let u knw
    Thx again

Sent from my A60

Also what engine oil are you using?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thx again

Sent from my A60
    Try getting your throttle body cleaned.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

B is a complete car with 2 airbags and no wheel caps and side mirrors are not powered.
    F is a comple car with 8 airbags standard everything Powered
    FL comes with keyless ignition/entry
    U comes with Climate control etc.
    Theirs no S/L
    Thank you so much Dear for the clearing my confusion. ...Really grateful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also what engine oil are you using?
    I haven't chngd it as I recently bought the car n prev owner had just changed it

Sent from my A60

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CoLd_FuSiOn View Post
    Try getting your throttle body cleaned.
    Got this dne last mnth along with plugs change and injectorx service... b4 that it was gvng 6 kmpl n nw 8 kmpl whch I still believe can be improved

Sent from my A60

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, Simply revolve it anti clock wise, And it comes off,

This is not possible in 99-04 Vitz.
    Im going to do it now, aur chinyoti, agar meray gear lever ya knob ko kuch hua, toh bayta chanyot ya sher shah se poori CVT ki assembly bhijwayay ga mera bhai, done hay?

1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List