0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

I think I may have to change the engine oil as its quite thin. So can you'll recommend a good engine oil for vitz?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, I neeed your help on enclosed. My vitz is not going above 100Km the pick in 1 2 gear is ok but it is not crossing 100-105 KM. What can be the reason. help appericiated...

Thanks
    Race lani Jay ....:-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tyrone_40: Yo brother!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hey dude, you have got to upload them pics like right away. Can't wait till Eid to see your brand new lovely ride!

Vitz: Dude, I am not a Vitz pro (though I am reading and asking around as much as I can to gain more information) but I think u r making the right decision!

Storm: I am so glad (for my own sake) that you are not selling it (selfish?) Now, I'll be able to get your expert advice ever now and then yaayy!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Furious
    It can be one of the many things or a combination of two or more from the same many things...
    I think you wanted to know what those things can be
    1. The CAT
    2. Clutch Plates/Pressure Plates
    3. Spark Plugs
    4. The quality of CNG/Petrol that you are runing on these days
    5. Air Filter

Get your ride checked by some reasonably good mechanic, dont look for some rocket scientist to fix it. I dont think it is that big a problem.

@Storm
    You are absolutely right about the different Spark Plugs. The expensive ones are for the ones who get satisfaction that way.

@Tyrone
    Just a friendly advice, Hate is a strong word, try not to use it in any of your conversations. CNG has loads of dis-advantages but a few advantages as well, for one it is more environment friendly you see...
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache

yeah ur right i realised it later, I suppose i should've said I dont like CNG

Btw I changed the engine oil and used the Shell Yellow can and used toyota oil filter (260 rs) and also changed the air filter (toyota) 300 rs. Is the shell oil fine?

@zeeshansyed

Thanks! I have not yet taken out pics busy with the cosmetic changes like seat covers, car cover etc etc but I promise I will. What about your car? If I'm not mistaken have you got it already? Don't worry this forum has loads of info and I learnt alot here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tyrone: Oh so you have opted to do the cosmetic changes right away? Wow.. that's quick and nice! At least tell us the color?

As for my car, instead of buying it via bank, I think I am going to buy it cash. But so far, I have not recieved the car NO thanks to the bank and had I had one more extra day, I would have brought it home by now. Since all the offices are close now, I'll be bringing my Vitzy home after Eid :s
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi everyone

there's this " thing" installed in my vitz. i have no idea at all what it is and what it does. i'm attaching its pic.

can somebody tell me wat it is? i'll be really grateful.

thanx
    Ali

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -772316

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -772317

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -772318
    woof! woof!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40
    congrats on the purchase, and good to see that you bought a original milage car, which is rare in PK for sure. glad that you are not one of those fools who fell for the old scam going on here (12k driven 1999 model vitz,.. LOL!)

as for the oil companies, they claim unleaded but it's still got lead in it,.. it's more like low lead, but even a small amount of lead in the exhaust gasses is enough to kill the cat.

you could remove the exhaust and measure airflow in it (resistance) otherwise i can't think of any other way to check if the cat is choked. i tested mine against skullbox's car. the gap was 2 cars at 100 so it seems that in a few months i'll have to get the work done.

@zeeshansyed
    thanks buddy, i'm also glad i kept it, now i have to decide if i want to get a lancer GLX or a slightly used civic for the house. i'm always here when needed.

@2fastnfurious
    could be dirty plugs, old transmission fluid, dying airflow sensor, blocked air filter, choked catalytic converter, dirty intake manifold, dirty oil etc...

@cache
    yeah, i blame the fast and the furious fanatics for the rise in demand for useles mods. only reason i put iridiums in my surf is that they have a higher temp rating and i'll need them when i fit the supercharger.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

VERY NICE AND CLEAN CAR.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshansyed

Its sky blue (i think thats wat its called lol ) Although my choice was silver but since the mileage of this car was original and the condition was fantastic / genuine (no touchups) I opted for this one on the advice of my denter/mechanic who's very experienced with touch up cars. He even got some dealers red faced when he showed them where the cars were touched up even though they claimed the cars were original and no touch ups

@storm

Thanks a lot. It has been a long wait for this Vitz while trying to sell my Margalla for a good price, but I think it was worth it About the mileage i can imagine coz I saw a number of cars and it was shocking.........The guy that I got the car from said that he could have reversed the mileage and I would not have had an idea about it, but he didnt believe in doing these things. He also had another vitz 2004 in white which had a mileage of about 51000 km but the conditoin of that one was not that presentable.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40

sorry for getting late.. i think for engine old we should prefer ZIC.. i dont remember the exact number but its not thick as compared to shell and caltex oils and better as it is not thick it easily gets every where in no time.. highly recommended by my mechanic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz

Thanks! Since my oil was quite dirty and thin I didnt wanna take a chance and put Shell oil (yellow). I can change it after 2 months and use the ZIC but can you find out the exact number?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will update you soon by the way howz ur car going ? must be enjoying the drive.. n it should be better then margalla

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40
    hey man! congrates for your car, my budget is the same and i hope i could find one with same specs too , looking forward to see the pics.....
    @Storm, @all (from rwp/islamabad)
    I am in search of a 03, 04 vitz from rwp/islamabad, need your guidance on the way, plz plz plz help me find good deals in these cities.
    @all
    Also need suggestion if there is an option of directly importing it from japan through auctions, as i heard these auction cars have complete detail like how many touchups, engine condition etc
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA and a very Hap[py Eid Mubarak to all of you...
    @ Tyrone
    Sorry for gettng back to you late on this, I have used Havoline, CXT and Zic in all my Vitz, ,and I found Zic to be the best. Make sure the Oil seller does not give you anything that can be numbered i.e. do number etc. And yes, Many congrats on the buy, I forgot how much did you buy it in? May Allah make this ride comfortable and full of blesingsfor you, Amen.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Vitz: You are so damn right! Vitz is far better than Margalla and well, personally, I felt that it was even better (or at least upto the level of) Civic, City and Corolla. Vitz is an EXCELLENT car!

Cache: What is the difference between all these oils brother? I mean CXT, Zic etc? And how do you know that it's (zic) better than other oils. Does the car produce more mileage? Does the car run better? Some info on this would help a lot when I get back my baby (in about 5 days max).

@tyrone_40: Nice dude! I like that color.. it's pretty easy on the eyes. Hey tell me something, did you buy it from Khalid-bin-waleed road? I think I saw a similar car at a dealer called SHOJI. Did you buy it from him?

Thanks,
    z
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And oh... EID MUBARAK TO EVERYONE! :d
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All
    AoA, A very warm Eid Mubarrak to all members on this forum. I hope Inshallah we will all enjoy lovely dirve of our vitz' this Eid. God bless you all. Wasim Zahoor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

from where we can have PHILIPS DEGREASER ,i want to clean my MAF sensor??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

Wishing U all a Very Very "HAPPY EID MUBARIK"
    still waiting for the guys from rwp/islamabad guidance.
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List