0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys can you comment on the fuel average of Vitz 4x4 ( All Wheel Drive ) ??? in City and on highway ? Can you disengage 4x4 option also during driving ??

Also compare it with the fuel average of Swift ?? Any one ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoys View Post
    Guys can you comment on the fuel average of Vitz 4x4 ( All Wheel Drive ) ??? in City and on highway ? Can you disengage 4x4 option also during driving ??

Also compare it with the fuel average of Swift ?? Any one ??

guys please respond to this query

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys a quick question.... should i get the engine of vitz 06 washed while going for service n car wash...???? I have heard engines of few cars are not washable or they do problems later on if washed.... ??? Suggestions plzzz ???

Sent from my A60 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoys View Post
    guys please respond to this query
    4x4 is a would obviusly be a fuel guzzler since the car requires more power to the wheels and its a all time 4x4
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alyrazaa View Post
    Guys a quick question.... should i get the engine of vitz 06 washed while going for service n car wash...???? I have heard engines of few cars are not washable or they do problems later on if washed.... ??? Suggestions plzzz ???

Engine wash with presured water isnt advised as it could damage electrical components/ECU etc, and deisel/Oil spray might look shiny but attract more dust causing rust and damage to parts.

You can how ever get it washed and airsprayed all over and avoid starting it till ur done dring the car.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyre pressure

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    The best way to acheive ideal mileage from a CVT is to understand that ur drving a CVT and not a BOEING 747,

-The car speeds up gradually, Pushing the pedal hard takes you no where just a huge bhhhrrr sound.
    -Try PSO pump under karsaz flyover/Shara-e-faisal.
    -Use 10 liters of hi-octance once in atleast 5 refills.
    -Try fulling the fuel tank rather then getting fill ups of 500 each.
    -Just after you fill up the tank, Get the tire airpressure to 30 PSI in all four tires, Na kam na ziada. (this one realy does magic i didnt belive it but it realy does magic.

-Also get some air on the airfilter.
    -For the safe side clean the plugs too.

after all that has been done, Do you feel that your car drives heavy? or struggles?
    Yep I agree from my personal experience. 30 psi works great. Just fill it up from a digital meter. 32 works even better if you drive only on good roads.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Engine wash with presured water isnt advised as it could damage electrical components/ECU etc, and deisel/Oil spray might look shiny but attract more dust causing rust and damage to parts.

You can how ever get it washed and airsprayed all over and avoid starting it till ur done dring the car.
    Thanks chinyoti

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elitedoc View Post
    Yep I agree from my personal experience. 30 psi works great. Just fill it up from a digital meter. 32 works even better if you drive only on good roads.
    Hmmm need to give it a try

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA Broz,

I have Vitz 2010 that i bought a month ago...
    What i wanna ask is how can the gap between front bumper and hood can be reduced? Earlier it was fine, but my friend sat on the plastic front bit for taking a picture, and now i notice that the gap has increased ... how can i fix that??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitz vibration after cvt oil change and plugs cleaning

mere peyare vitz wale bhyaio
    aoa
    was away from pw in last few weeks due to my travelling. so here wish to share my experience with my bilori

last month i replaced her cvt oil and cleaned plugs as mechanic thought plugs are in good condition and no need for replacement

mechanic replaced cvt oil with fresh toyota cvt oil whole 4 liter box while some brothers said cvt oil qty should be 3.7 to 3.8 liter

further after cleaning plugs car started hell vibration specially when i stopped car in "d " , i thought may be its due to over filled cvt oil or may be plugs cleaning not appropriate so i pmed to ali bhai @murtaza_murti and as usual i received her prompt, informative responce i followed his advise disconnect the battery terminal for 10 minuts and again conected , alhamdollila all issues solved , now mashallah my bilori dont having any vibration , even not a slight vibration which she having before cvt oil change and plugs cleaning, car running very smooth and feel bit increase in acceleration so kabh kabhi ecu re-setting ker lene chahye

ali bhai jazakallah for ur help and always being here on pw to help other members

vitz club kay members and overall aawam ki fallah -o- babood kay lye i am copy / pasting our pm here

Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - icon1 Re: vitz cvt

Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - quote icon Originally Posted by ahmad_yar
    dear ali bhai
    aoa
    hope u are doing good.
    i allways remember u when i need any technical advise so u can say i am selfish
    ali bhai few days back i changed my vitz cvt oil
    mechanic open whole chamber , also remove cvt oil filter and washed it with petrol and than reinstall, washed chamber inner side alongwith megnets with petrol and than fill the new cvt oil, he poured whole 4 liter tin and nothing was over flow , some of brothers on thread saying i overfilled the oil while it should be 3.8l while my mechanic saying since he also removed cvt filter and washed clean so require whole 4 liter and if he didnt remove/ cleaned filter than yes required qty isn 3.8l

my question is my mechanic saying right ? 4 liter cvt oil in chamber wouldnt harm for my car ?

another question
    my car was working very fine before but after cvt oilo i also asked them to clean plugs , they did but after cleaning plug car seems in bit low rpm specially vibrate while stopping in d but after few moments its normal, before its also happen in d stop car very slightly vibrate ( very slightly ) but not like now which is more vibration

whats wrong ? may i need readjust plugs tip distance ?

ur responce will be appreciated

salam
    ahmad yar

Walikum Salam

Haha, no issues. It happens

Well, a full flush and replace consumes 4.1 liters of CVT fluid. So, don't worry you haven't over-filled anything.

I hope you got a new chamber and o-ring gasket.

Did your mechanic gap the plugs properly before installing them? Check the gaps. Also, remove the positive terminal of the battery for a minute and fix it back on. This removing of the terminal cause the ECU to reset to factory settings.

Let me know what happens.

Regards,

ali

unqoute

www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All ,

Please tell me what all is needed to be replaced at 40,000km for 1.3ltr Vitz with 2SZ-FE engine. I called up Toyota dealership have given me following quotes

Transmission Oil = 5360 rupees

Engine Oil = 5520 (for CVT ) rupees

Plugs > 1720 * 4 = 6880

Air filter = 2,100

Ac filter = 2,500

disk pads ( Front + Rear ) = 13,000 ( Depending Upon Condition )

throttle body service = 1,000

Labour Charges = 2,000

Guys please comment on prices and the things which needed to be replaced at 40,000 kms

Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys hows my ride?

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1266755

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassan12343 View Post
    guys hows my ride?

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1266755
    ride is good but pic is not clear..kafi artistic hai..post unedited pics
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys today morning I noticed my vitz 2007 imported in 2012 with 76k on the odo (don't know how real that mileage is) lost its pickup and the engine was making more noise while shifting also seemed to be a bit slower. Took it to Toyota Cantt motors Walton road for an inspection where the mechanic said (After driving it and checking the exhaust manifold) that the Catalytic converter is fully choked. Need to take it out as no new converter is available so the only way is to get it replaced. He said Toyota Cantt will charge 3500 Rs to remove it and once removed, all those issues will be gone with improved pick up and better fuel efficiency, without any harm to engine.
    Plz enlighten me with your thoughts if I should remove it? Whether 3500 Rs is justified for removal of catalytic converter? Can't I replace it with a new one?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    Guys today morning I noticed my vitz 2007 imported in 2012 with 76k on the odo (don't know how real that mileage is) lost its pickup and the engine was making more noise while shifting also seemed to be a bit slower. Took it to Toyota Cantt motors Walton road for an inspection where the mechanic said (After driving it and checking the exhaust manifold) that the Catalytic converter is fully choked. Need to take it out as no new converter is available so the only way is to get it replaced. He said Toyota Cantt will charge 3500 Rs to remove it and once removed, all those issues will be gone with improved pick up and better fuel efficiency, without any harm to engine.
    Plz enlighten me with your thoughts if I should remove it? Whether 3500 Rs is justified for removal of catalytic converter? Can't I replace it with a new one?
    Make sure you get a replacement, don't keep running the car without one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    #Kandana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WqU5iuICg4&feature=youtu.be

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CoLd_FuSiOn View Post
    Make sure you get a replacement, don't keep running the car without one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks...but Question is from to get it?? Toyota doesn't have it and many people have told me its very hard to find a good condition used one let alone a new one. Do you know any shop from where I can buy it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    Dear Bro,

I am personally waiting for my Vitz 2010 to arrive as well next month, however I am quite worried about the Catalytic converter issue myself going in a long run , I have done a good bit of research on this issue and the most convincing solution I found was as following, the only confusion in the below answer is drip small amounts of sweep mixed with a bit of water from the top

TBH I have no idea what does he mean by SWEEP MIXED with a bit of water , is it some sort of a liquid available in the market ?

QUOTING SOLUTION:

In the new shape vitz its not under the car...its right at the start of the exhaust system just under the headers (thats the main CAT) the 2nd cat is near ur tail pipe n it isnt usually choked...the one near the engine is after being run in Pakistan for around 30k km. so it depends whether ur car has been run 30k km in Pak or not.

I used to own a 06 vitz n i also got my cat removed but later on someone told me a better solution which i wish i shuda tried first before removing it....basically removal means breaking it (its ceramic) so thers no goin back...if u wana install a new system its gonna cost u around 25 thousand so dont think on those lines.

What i wish i shuda tried first was to clean it....yes it can be to some extent....have its whole assembly taken out at a workshop and drip small amounts of sweep mixed with a bit of water from the top...let it drip thru ur cat onto the ground....keep doin this with small amounts of sweep mixed with water. Do this for about an hour. Then let the Cat dry up in sun....u'll see its gonna be clean of most of its lead accumulation. Just take care u dont touch the sweep with the side walls inside the assembly...coz the cat is attached with the side walls thru a cotton mesh n that will get damaged....so be very specific to drop that acid only on the middle part of that cat not the side walls.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will also recommend to please run through the following thread.

Removing Catalytic Convertor (CAT) from vitz/yaris

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay guys...today after a lengthy inspections, the mechanic said this problem in my Vitz is not due to CAT but rather something related to transmission. So he recommend me an auto tranny expert in Model Town A Block market who said that my vitz's CVT pump has gone bad which is why the power isn't being transmitted to the shaft. That pump is to be replaced with Kabuli one and total expenses are b/w 25 to 30k. Vitz experts, Please let me know what to do in this situation?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memphisblue View Post
    Avais,

I have a Belta and was facing a similar issue, you can read details of the issue in my post on the link given below, in the same post you will see the answer to some or maybe all of your queries with a recommendation of the go-to workshop to visit in my experience. Let us know how it works out for you.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...-fans-club-105

Thanks memphis for the advice , had my car visited but the problem turned out to be completely damaged gear box , so had to replace it . Got it done & now the car is running fine. thanks again for your advice. take care

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List