0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Exactly, My Vitz also dnt make any sound like grrr or krrr, But it Roars on other PKDMs. Like a Lion.
    Liked the way you wrote... "Like a Lion"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Exactly, My Vitz also dnt make any sound like grrr or krrr, But it Roars on other PKDMs. Like a Lion.
    Vitz 1000cc is like a circus lion. It only roars :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the help guys. And, the sound is a Roar in fact, I just wasn't listening closely. I did make a video, but the sound was muffled due to the AC running Plus, no pictures as I didn't know that Toyota didn't allow me to stay near the car.
    In fact, Toyota did not even change the CVT oil- They just refused. What I was told was to get it done from outside as they did mess up a CVT transmission once lol.

So, what was done to the car? Oil change+ filter, Engine tuning and that's it.
    Cost- 2100 Petron 20w-50 Oil( Sorry if I mentioned the wrong name) they used 3.5L and the rest was handed back to us.
    Genuine Oil filter- 1350 Rupees.
    Tuning- 850 + 150 carb cleaner
    Oil change+ filter labour- 50. So the total bill was about 4340 Rupees.

Owner wasn't happy with the bill, but was happy with the performance. I took Rickshaw home since they were busy with their own stuff and I got kinda annoyed since I had many errands to do and well, their " 2 hours " turned out to be about 4 hours!
    They later proceeded to check the CVT fluid from some outside mechanic, according to him, they loosened ONE bolt and they saw a reddish fluid- So it was fine.

Jazakallah!
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. And, the sound is a Roar in fact, I just wasn't listening closely. I did make a video, but the sound was muffled due to the AC running Plus, no pictures as I didn't know that Toyota didn't allow me to stay near the car.
    In fact, Toyota did not even change the CVT oil- They just refused. What I was told was to get it done from outside as they did mess up a CVT transmission once lol.

Cost- 2100 Petron 20w-50 Oil( Sorry if I mentioned the wrong name) they used 3.5L and the rest was handed back to us.

Owner wasn't happy with the bill, but was happy with the performance. I took Rickshaw home since they were busy with their own stuff and I got kinda annoyed since I had many errands to do and well, their " 2 hours " turned out to be about 4 hours!
    They later proceeded to check the CVT fluid from some outside mechanic, according to him, they loosened ONE bolt and they saw a reddish fluid- So it was fine.

Jazakallah!

Toyota guys put 20w-50 oil in a vitz 2010? They should have put 5w-30 or 5w-40 in it. Take note and next time put right grade oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jazakallah!
    Get oil changed 20w-50 is for farrigh engines!

"Never forget the favours done for you.Always forget the favours you've done for others"
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post

"Never forget the favours done for you.Always forget the favours you've done for others"
    Really ?? I never knew 20w-50 was for farigh engines.. BTW what does that 20w 50 stands for ? and why do World class oil manufaturers like Mobil / liqui Moly etc even make 20w - 50 oils ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    Really ?? I never knew 20w-50 was for farigh engines.. BTW what does that 20w 50 stands for ? and why do World class oil manufaturers like Mobil / liqui Moly etc even make 20w - 50 oils ?
    Oil companies all over the world cater different customers needs- The older the engine, the thicker the oil. Brand new engines can run on very thin oils, I personally use 5w-40 and I love it!

Take it this way, a restaurant has a Vegetarian menu and a Halal menu as well, alongside the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post

True. But, we never know how much the car is driven. 16,125km in 4 years? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    Toyota guys put 20w-50 oil in a vitz 2010? They should have put 5w-30 or 5w-40 in it. Take note and next time put right grade oil.
    The owner of 13 Lac gaddi wants the cheaper oil. Tried to convince him. His car, his money

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oil companies all over the world cater different customers needs- The older the engine, the thicker the oil. Brand new engines can run on very thin oils, I personally use 5w-40 and I love it!

Take it this way, a restaurant has a Vegetarian menu and a Halal menu as well, alongside the normal one.
    I agree

Yar yeh bahut khushi ki bat hy k meter reverse hay cuz mostly agar meter reverse ho tou car grade ki hoti hy else accidental

The owner of 13 Lac gaddi wants the cheaper oil. Tried to convince him. His car, his money
    Jab 1 lac ka engine kharab ho jaey ga sirf 1000 rs ki bachat se tab pata chale ga !

Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Until the car starts reducing engine oil; you should put the manufacturer's recommended grade oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^Will let him know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz clear this misconception, youve got the idea wrong,,Ok as per your reply 20w - 50 is thicker and 5w-40 is thin, right ?
    How would you classify 0w - 50 oil ? Mobil Fully Syenthetic 0w-50 OR Liqui Moly 5w-50 ?..As per you, would that be a thin oil or a thick one ? Confused? Definately.

At engine operating temperatures these oils are the same. Th only time the 5W-30 oil is "thin" is at cold start up conditions where you need it to be "thin." and the only time 20w-50 is "Thick" is at warm startup conditions where you need it to be "thick".

In Saudia Arabia they use these oils having the higher value at 50 because of the hot hot hot weather there. be it a latest car or an old one...

Keep in mind that 20w-50 neither IS and never WAS for farigh engines!!!! Its just for the regions with min temp of 20 degrees and max temp of 50 degrees.. Dont know Y people say such baseless things on public forums.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota guys put 20w50 oil in every vehicle without bothering if it's 3000cc or 1000cc or what ever Toyota has mentioned in the manual.
    That's why i asked Faiz Aslam sb. to ask Toyota guys to use Petron Plus i.e 10w30. There's only 300rs difference.
    If it's his car and his money and he didn't listen to you when you tried to convince him then you shouldn't be wasting your time here..
    I hope you have got my point..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota recommended 5w30 oil for vitz in Japan. Some cities in Japan are as hot as 42? and as cold as -20?. They did not recommended lower grade oil for cold cities and higher grade for warmer cities. There is a radiator in the car to keep the engine temp normal. This car is not designed to travel 1000's of miles continuously in 50? temp.
    Engine oils are never chosen according to summer or winter but according to the manufacturer recommendation and engine's condition.
    When i bought my Vitz, it was running very smooth and after few days went to Toyota centre to change the oil and tuning+throtle body serviced. They poured 20w50. Very next day when i started the car in the morning, it took a long self start and was vibrating for few seconds. When i was driving it was not running as smooth and was taking longer to reach 80/100kmph. I thought the tuning was not very good and planned to go somewhere else next time. I was out of city and i had driven 4000kms on that oil and went to a workshop to get the engine oil changed. Mechanic recommended 05w30 or 10w30. i chose 10w30 Petron plus. I started the car and pressed the accelerator as usual but to my surprise, there was better response then expected and car was running extremely smooth achieving 100km/h in no time on a light foot. Next morning it was ready to run on a half self start.
    Then i came to know how important the engine oil is not just for engine protection but for smooth drive. Did some research and read the manual and now i'm using Toyota Genuine Motor oil Made in Japan. Its 05w30.
    My experience...
    1. 20w50.
    Poor fuel economy
    Poor Acceleration
    Takes longer and hard foot to achieve 100kmph
    longer self start and kinda missing in the morning

2. 05w30
    Excellent acceleration
    15.6 kms/ltr in Lahore city with AC on most of the time and 19kms/ltr when i went to Islamabad via Motorway.
    Starts on first or you can say half self.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Toyota recommended 5w30 oil for vitz in Japan. Some cities in Japan are as hot as 42? and as cold as -20?. They did not recommended lower grade oil for cold cities and higher grade for warmer cities. There is a radiator in the car to keep the engine temp normal. This car is not designed to travel 1000's of miles continuously in 50? temp.
    Engine oils are never chosen according to summer or winter
    Meray dost / meray chotay bhai..The reason why @faiz.aslam.121 liked my post is that he knows that we are here to learn, NOT here to tell the function of a radiator and that too where its not making any sense. You should have basic understanding of car's operation.. Oil does not act as a cooler like the radiator. You can read my reply carefuly again if you want to..Oil viscosity grade is for the startups! as soon as you crank the engine it needs oil pumped to the chamber. delay in reaching oil upwards would be disasterous. So you need the recomemded viscosity oil in your car by the manufacturer..

Regarding your point which I have made BOLD & UNDERLINED. Look at the manufacturers recommendation for my car.

Its :: Winters = 5w - 30
    Summers = 10w - 30

So now where does your statement stands ?? that engine oils are never chosen according to summer or winter..???

Aap jaisay pyaaray bhai hi hotay hein jo baad mein kehtay hein k oil to time par hi change karata tha , pata nahi kyoun engine baith gaya hai 2 saal mein hi.....

P.S = Its just the indicators given for temperature not the exact atmospheric temp mentioned as per your question of winters going till -20 in japan.
    Just for you info = Modern engines like 1996 onwards have operating temperature of 95 - 120 degree celsius in normal conditions....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ehsan4808 well said bro always use manufacturers recommended oil grade .
    Knowledge is power guard it well !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got your point bro.. I never replied against your post infact i just read your previous post. That was just my perception about the engine oils in Vitz.
    I used to drive Yaris in UK with 0w20 and never had a problem either in summers(8?- 30?) or winters(-5? - 6?).
    In Dubai one of my cousin had a vitz for few months and always used 20w50 but after driving a while he used to get red temperature light. So thicker oil does not make it better in hot conditions.
    What i think, engine needs less power and time to pump lower grade oil to all the parts of the engine and more power for the thicker oil. Here we are talking about Vitz small 1000cc engine.
    ?t the end.. Im still a learner and share my experience with everyone. If i was an expert i would start a new thread named "I am an oil guru" :p
    And you also said about oil pumping to the chamber and delay could be disasterous. Thats what i was telling in my post that oils are chosen according to manufacturer recommendations... Not according to personal favourite in hot or cold temperature. And i have no idea about your car manual having two different oils for summer and winter. Vitz manual and Hilux Vigo doesn't have such a thing in their manual.
    My experience with both grades is mentioned above and i think thats what matters here most.. Experince of all the respected members and brothers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitz pickup problem

Aoa,

Everybody here ,i have a vitz 2008 and having problem with the pickup ...the drive is hard in a sense car makes much noise takes much acceleration but in return not running fast...it feels like something is stuck in the exhaust system...is it due to something called catlystic converter??
    car is giving 11kmpl now no matter drive with light foot without ac.
    please recommend any good mechanic in rawalpindi i bought the car lately never cleaned up the throttle body or anything.
    please suggest me something good.

thanks in advance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Where to find engine number of Vitz 2010 1000cc?

i got a new Vitz car 1000cc 2010 made. its engine model is 1KR but i want toa apply for its registration but i haven't find engine number. :-(
    then i took it to mechanic and there too mechanic didn't find that. Then i took it to Toyota showroom, they said to me that they will charge 3000 to open an engine and then tell us the number. But they are not sure about it too. Kindly anyone can tell me where i find that? where it is chipped on engine ? Rely soon :-(

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BUMP!!!

Hello all,

This is faizan, I don't know whether this thing has been discussed before or not bkz its really hard to go through 450 pages. I have Vitz 1999 model 1000cc and it has an in built cd player/cassette player panel but as it only plays audio cds and don't have any RC outs so I want to install another pre and for that reason I am looking for a 02 din panel which will replace existing built in cd player panel and further can accommodate 02 din LCD or 1din player in it. I hope you guys get my point that what m looking for.

Can anybody please tell me from where can I get that and in how much price? Is there anyone around whoz selling this kind of stuff???

Please help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help appreciated,i think ill use toyota 5w30 in future.

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    1. After doing a lot of research and changing different oils and brands, Toyota Genuine Oil 5w-30 is the best option. Its API SN/CF SAE 05W-30. Its a bit expensive i.e 34000/4ltrs but you wont regret it. Smooth drive, better acceleration, easy starting, better fuel economy. You can use other brands with same grade but buying it from Toyota 3s shops assures that its genuine and imported from Japan. It comes in a 4 litres tin box.

2. Pre installed speakers are of very good quality. You dont really need a system as you will only listen to it for few days... Thats what happened to me. But still if you want then here are some suggestions.
    I have installed 2 original Kenwood KFC-6994PS speakers, 1 Pioneer ts-w310s4 and a Rockmars 3000w amplifier. Total cost about 16000.
    These speakers are 5way speakers and these are the only one you will hear with loud subwoofer bass. Others just fade with sub's heavy bass. I am getting excellent quality sound and no one believes that its a 16000 setup...
    Other good speakers are Kenwood 718(good if you dont want to get a subwoofer), Pioneer 6975v2 and JBL GTO 938(rare to find original).
    At the end, it all depends what kind of sound you want to listen. If you can spend more money than buy an original branded amp and change the pre installed headunit as it does not have any subwoofer output and other tweaks.
    I am from Lahore and bought everything from Hyperstar just to make sure if everything is original.
    My recommendation for the speakers is Kenwood KFC-6994ps, Pioneer 12" ts-w310s4 sub. Amplifier depends on your budget and if got some extra cash, replace the headunit.
    Zic A + gives good mileage but engine doesnt run as smoothly as it should. Toyota or total 5w30 would b best. Thanks mate

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List