0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think its best to change the belt as it has already done > 31k on odo so it must hv run more in the neutral as well. Oiling is a temporary solution which does nt work always.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elitedoc View Post
    bro never pay a penny. I hv the same model & I hv uploaded the images to find the Engine # on the same page. Open the bonnet & stand infront in the middle. U vil c a shiny metal plate covering the front of engine. Beware engine should be cool. on the right side of the shiny plate on the engine block (dull silver color) u vil find a metal pipe going in the engine. 1KR is written above that pipe and below the pipe engine number is lightly engraved vertically. use a light to c it. engine should b washed before.
    Just wana add one more thing... If the number is not visible then put some oil on that area, that will clarify a bit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Toyota recommended 5w30 oil for vitz in Japan. Some cities in Japan are as hot as 42? and as cold as -20?. They did not recommended lower grade oil for cold cities and higher grade for warmer cities. There is a radiator in the car to keep the engine temp normal. This car is not designed to travel 1000's of miles continuously in 50? temp.
    Engine oils are never chosen according to summer or winter but according to the manufacturer recommendation and engine's condition.
    When i bought my Vitz, it was running very smooth and after few days went to Toyota centre to change the oil and tuning+throtle body serviced. They poured 20w50. Very next day when i started the car in the morning, it took a long self start and was vibrating for few seconds. When i was driving it was not running as smooth and was taking longer to reach 80/100kmph. I thought the tuning was not very good and planned to go somewhere else next time. I was out of city and i had driven 4000kms on that oil and went to a workshop to get the engine oil changed. Mechanic recommended 05w30 or 10w30. i chose 10w30 Petron plus. I started the car and pressed the accelerator as usual but to my surprise, there was better response then expected and car was running extremely smooth achieving 100km/h in no time on a light foot. Next morning it was ready to run on a half self start.
    Then i came to know how important the engine oil is not just for engine protection but for smooth drive. Did some research and read the manual and now i'm using Toyota Genuine Motor oil Made in Japan. Its 05w30.
    My experience...
    1. 20w50.
    Poor fuel economy
    Poor Acceleration
    Takes longer and hard foot to achieve 100kmph
    longer self start and kinda missing in the morning

2. 05w30
    Excellent acceleration
    15.6 kms/ltr in Lahore city with AC on most of the time and 19kms/ltr when i went to Islamabad via Motorway.
    Starts on first or you can say half self.
    Totally agree vid u Bro 4rm personal exp.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Vitz Fuel Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by elitedoc View Post
    Totally agree vid u Bro 4rm personal exp.
    I also Agree
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar my vtz 2007 is giving 10/L milegae,it used to b around 14. I changed the oil but to no avail ,,air filter is ok too and i put in a new oil filter too. Wat shd i do??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by infernoinside View Post
    Yar my vtz 2007 is giving 10/L milegae,it used to b around 14. I changed the oil but to no avail ,,air filter is ok too and i put in a new oil filter too. Wat shd i do??
    What engine oil are you using? Use any good 05w-30 grade.
    Where do you live? If in Lahore, take it to magic motors in Model town near "Goga naan chanay". They charge very reasonable and have got all the tools and that computer scanner thing too.
    What is the top speed you are achieving?

There could be many things affecting your fuel consumption.
    When was the last time you got your throttle body cleaned?
    Have you ever used high octane?
    Ever cleaned or replaced spark plugs?
    There are many sensors in this cars and some of them needs cleaning. Have you done that?
    Last but not least get your catalytic converter checked. Mechanic can see it by opening the silencer and check visually if it looks clogged.
    Maybe its time to get your catalytic converter removed or replaced(costs 42000).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please check the below link of Vitz (Yaris Hatch Back) released in KSA. Price is 60,000 SAR. Its my dream car.

Toyota (Saudi Arabia) - Yaris Hatchback '14

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where do you live? If in Lahore, take it to magic motors in Model town near "Goga naan chanay". They charge very reasonable and have got all the tools and that computer scanner thing too.

There are many sensors in this cars and some of them needs cleaning. Have you done that?
    Last but not least get your catalytic converter checked. Mechanic can see it by opening the silencer and check visually if it looks clogged.
    Maybe its time to get your catalytic converter removed or replaced(costs 42000).
    i m using zic 5w20,,,fuel cinsumption increased after i put in a fake zic oil by mistake,,yes i used octane when i bought the car but not anymore,,havent checked spark plugs and throttle body cleaning,,,i live in karachi,,car has done 27000 genuine,,its 2007 regd 2012

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro first of all its impossible dat a 2007 model vitz imported in 2012 has just a mileage of 27000.... N of it is so, it wud nt have been send into auction cars...anyways lets nt get into these details....
    Go to some gud efi mechanic.or better to go to toyota authorised (they charge bit higher but have necessary reliable equipments) dealer and get its throttle body cleaned up and sensor check up...there might be few of sensors malfunctioned. If the sensor performance is below 50% it needs immediate replacement.

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    Easily available at Chah Sultan. Was there a week back. A few cut piece were having these.
    Can u tell me the price and any shop in chah sultan? As I found it in chah sultan but the pakhtoon bhai was asking 3000 for it. I think it shud nt b more den 1000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    Bro first of all its impossible dat a 2007 model vitz imported in 2012 has just a mileage of 27000.... N of it is so, it wud nt have been send into auction cars...anyways lets nt get into these details....
    Go to some gud efi mechanic.or better to go to toyota authorised (they charge bit higher but have necessary reliable equipments) dealer and get its throttle body cleaned up and sensor check up...there might be few of sensors malfunctioned. If the sensor performance is below 50% it needs immediate replacement.

Actually i have a friend who happens to read japanese,,he read the maintnance manual for me,it has dates with mileage at each visit by the japanese owner to toyota centre there. It confirms the odo readings.thanks for the help bro i wilk visit toyota motors soon. JazakAllah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually i have a friend who happens to read japanese,,he read the maintnance manual for me,it has dates with mileage at each visit by the japanese owner to toyota centre there. It confirms the odo readings.thanks for the help bro i wilk visit toyota motors soon. JazakAllah
    My vitz had 34000 on odo when i bought it. 2010 model and imported november 2013. Showroom owner was my classfellow. I asked him if he had reversed the meter, he said he doesn't do it but they are reversed from Japan. He said this car is driven much more than 34000. Few days ago i was cleaning the doors from inside and saw three stickers one above one where the door closes. One at the top had 69400kms and 2nd had 59400kms.
    But as compared to your car, my car is giving me around 15 in city with ac on. It wasn't that smooth when i bought it as it is now.
    One advantage i had with my car is, its cvt oil was already changed recently as the mechanic told me that its colour and smell is like new.
    WHen i first used 5w30 oil fter 20w50, engine was a bit noisy but as the time passed it became soundless and smooth as butter.
    If you are sure its only 27000kms driven then the only problem would be sensors and throttle body cleaning as suggested by ASK4FAIZI. And the best place to do it is Toyota centre.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My vitz had 34000 on odo when i bought it. 2010 model and imported november 2013. Showroom owner was my classfellow. I asked him if he had reversed the meter, he said he doesn't do it but they are reversed from Japan. He said this car is driven much more than 34000. Few days ago i was cleaning the doors from inside and saw three stickers one above one where the door closes. One at the top had 69400kms and 2nd had 59400kms.
    But as compared to your car, my car is giving me around 15 in city with ac on. It wasn't that smooth when i bought it as it is now.
    One advantage i had with my car is, its cvt oil was already changed recently as the mechanic told me that its colour and smell is like new.
    WHen i first used 5w30 oil fter 20w50, engine was a bit noisy but as the time passed it became soundless and smooth as butter.
    If you are sure its only 27000kms driven then the only problem would be sensors and throttle body cleaning as suggested by ASK4FAIZI. And the best place to do it is Toyota centre.
    My door sticker also concide with my odo readings,,,,,i am almost certain about my odo reading ,,,thanks fr ur helpful tips n ideas bros,ill visit toyota asap. Jzk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa all
    I bought a vitz 2007 last week.... on the 2nd day, its AC stopped working.... i took the car to Toyota Ravi motors and they told me tat the complete AC sys has choked and needs to b replaced wid an estimate of 80-90k...
    I then took the car to a local mechanic who checked it and after fixing the electrical wires... turned on the AC.... it cost me 100 rupees.....
    I had kept a suzuki car for last 5 yrs and always used suzuki auth workshops for repair & maintanance... bt the very first experience of toyota workshop has turned out to b horrible....
    Can any one tell me some trusted vitz mechanic in lahore???

Sent from my GT-S7562 using PW Forums mobile app
    Muhammad Ali Alvi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    Aoa all
    I bought a vitz 2007 last week.... on the 2nd day, its AC stopped working.... i took the car to Toyota Ravi motors and they told me tat the complete AC sys has choked and needs to b replaced wid an estimate of 80-90k...
    I then took the car to a local mechanic who checked it and after fixing the electrical wires... turned on the AC.... it cost me 100 rupees.....
    I had kept a suzuki car for last 5 yrs and always used suzuki auth workshops for repair & maintanance... bt the very first experience of toyota workshop has turned out to b horrible....

Toyota Pakistan is not supposed to service a Vitz.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    Aoa all

They are thieves...
    Maguc motors Model town is a very good workshop. They charge extremely reasonable and are very expert in what they do.
    I had issue with my brakes and toyota guys said you need to replace brake drums pad leathers etc that will cost 25000.
    I went to Magic motors and they cleaned and serviced all four brakes thoroughly and adjusted them. Charged only 200. Brakes are perfect now. My other friend had some fuel average issues. Toyota said remove catalytic converter, replace sensors, fuel filter and everything will cost around 20000. Went to Magic motors and they charged 1000. His car is giving 15 in city now...
    Its in the same market where Goga naan chanay is.. Its on the main road.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well said
    M AwanZ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aa
    I am planning to buy a 2006 vitz.
    It has perfect body but engine is in need of an overhaul ( white smoke )
    What are my options ? New engine / rebuilt

Secondly someone told me that 06 model has engine knocking problem due to fuel in pakistan. Can someone comment to that ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA,

i recently buy Vitz 99, 2006 number... car in its original condition [lucky to have this ]. i need to change its tyre. please suggest me which brand tyre should i purchase?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz RS 1500 cc

Toyota Vitz RS 1500 cc manual push start.bumper to bumper original.pearl black colour.54000 km done.4 wheel disk brakes with abs.fuel economy razo gearbox.3 drive throttle controller(eco-normal-sport). k&n air filter (2000 km used).blitz vacuum gauge. tein adjustable coilovers(front,back). trust titanium exhaust. 16 inches original rs rims with dunlop z1 semi slick tyre (3000 km used). full body kit.original hids.dvd with back camera. dvd with back camera . D4 woofer,sony component speakers with 4 chanal amp
    Attached Images Attached Images            

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List