0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    Please share us the picture of your armrest installed in the car.
    I will. Once I get it and have it installed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mileage of toyota vitz 2009

Hey pakwheels members i have recently bought freshly imported toyota vitz 2009 with 104000 km its giving me a mileage of 12 km/l is it good or worst

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Aik aur takar mar k claim kr do

Treat others the way you want to be treated

Your own reply explains why I would not do that.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abbasimukarram View Post
    Hey pakwheels members i have recently bought freshly imported toyota vitz 2009 with 104000 km its giving me a mileage of 12 km/l is it good or worst
    If 12km/l is in city driving with A/c then its not bad.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Oil companies all over the world cater different customers needs- The older the engine, the thicker the oil. Brand new engines can run on very thin oils, I personally use 5w-40 and I love it!

Take it this way, a restaurant has a Vegetarian menu and a Halal menu as well, alongside the normal one.

True. But, we never know how much the car is driven. 16,125km in 4 years? LOL.

The owner of 13 Lac gaddi wants the cheaper oil. Tried to convince him. His car, his money
    Dear Bro,
    AOA,
    I was facing the same problem... Toyota guy put 20w50 in my vitz 2008 1.3.
    The drive was heavy, and mileage around 11 to 11.5
    I went to magic motors cleaned the fuel injectors o2 sensor throttle body changed the spark plugs....

Then went to toyota motors... and put 10w30 petron plus in the car... Is this oil good enough... I don't know how much my ride is driven.

Shall update you regarding the mileage in 15 days.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz suggest me any gud workshop in lahore for ECO sys fault i m facing?

Sent from my GT-S7562 using PW Forums mobile app
    Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    Plz suggest me any gud workshop in lahore for ECO sys fault i m facing?

Magic Motors Model Town
    I have recently paid visit to them
    Its very close to my house
    I can come over if you need me there

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought 2007 vitz wid 93000 on odo. Which type of engine oil shud i be using for gud fuel economy and smooth drive?

Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought 2007 vitz wid 93000 on odo. Which type of engine oil shud i be using for gud fuel economy and smooth drive?

I think you should use Toyota Geniun Motor Oil imported from Japan 10W30 it will cost around PKR 3,600.
    You can also use Toyota Petron Plus 10W30, that will cost you around PKR 2,450/-
    Since your ride is driven nearly 100K this grade will suit you....
    Let more people comment on this before taking any decision though.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That depends where did you by it and who was driving it and how its driven.
    If it has been driven in Pakistan then most likely the previous owner was using 20w50 oil.
    Recommended engine oil for Vitz for most efficient fuel economy is 0w20. But i wouldnt suggest that oil as your car is driven 93000 or maybe more.
    05w30 or 10w30 are the best oils for vitz keeping in mind the weather of Pakistan. These both oils are available from Toyota workshops and they both comes in a tin pack imported from Japan.
    05w30 is for Rs.3470 and 10w30 is for Rs.3400
    If you want good and cheap alternative then buy Havoline formula 10w30. I personally dont like Toyota Petron Plus 10w30 as it is packed by some local company. If 93000 is the genuine mileage and driven nicely then 05w30 is the best choice. Try it and if you feel that engine is too noisy or giving little smoke or if its consuming the engine oil then 20w50 would be a better choice.
    Use genuine oil filter and keep your air filter clean or replace if needed. I'm using Toyota 05w30 in my Vitz and getting 14-16 in city with A/C on most of the time. I change the oil and filter at every 5000kms. Drive is smooth with good acceleration(0-100kms in 16secs) and the meter goes upto 165km/h.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is anyone using the pre installed dvd player in their Vitz? NSDN w60 or whatever model? The one that comes with Japanese language installed?
    If anyone looking to get a usb option in it, let me know. It is possible and very easy to do. I just did mine and now all my songs are in a usb and i dont have to change dvds and using mobile to change and find the songs while playing through aux.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    That depends where did you by it and who was driving it and how its driven.
    If it has been driven in Pakistan then most likely the previous owner was using 20w50 oil.
    Recommended engine oil for Vitz for most efficient fuel economy is 0w20. But i wouldnt suggest that oil as your car is driven 93000 or maybe more.
    05w30 or 10w30 are the best oils for vitz keeping in mind the weather of Pakistan. These both oils are available from Toyota workshops and they both comes in a tin pack imported from Japan.
    05w30 is for Rs.3470 and 10w30 is for Rs.3400
    If you want good and cheap alternative then buy Havoline formula 10w30. I personally dont like Toyota Petron Plus 10w30 as it is packed by some local company. If 93000 is the genuine mileage and driven nicely then 05w30 is the best choice. Try it and if you feel that engine is too noisy or giving little smoke or if its consuming the engine oil then 20w50 would be a better choice.
    Use genuine oil filter and keep your air filter clean or replace if needed. I'm using Toyota 05w30 in my Vitz and getting 14-16 in city with A/C on most of the time. I change the oil and filter at every 5000kms. Drive is smooth with good acceleration(0-100kms in 16secs) and the meter goes upto 165km/h.
    Dear Faisal
    What is the difference between 5w30 and 10w30?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal;43f
    Dear Faisal
    What is the difference between 5w30 and 10w30?

There is no difference except the viscosity of the both oils at cold temperature. In the morning 05w30 would be a bit thinner than 10w30. Meaning the engine will start more quickly and in comparatively less time the oil would be flowing through out the engine to prevent any damage. And when the car is up and running, both oils would perform the same.
    And it is recommended by Toyota Germany and Toyota Japan as i emailed them. They recommend the oil according to the design of the engine and how much time does the pump takes to push the oil with specific Viscosity.
    Well thats what my perception is..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no difference except the viscosity of the both oils at cold temperature. In the morning 05w30 would be a bit thinner than 10w30. Meaning the engine will start more quickly and in comparatively less time the oil would be flowing through out the engine to prevent any damage. And when the car is up and running, both oils would perform the same.
    And it is recommended by Toyota Germany and Toyota Japan as i emailed them. They recommend the oil according to the design of the engine and how much time does the pump takes to push the oil with specific Viscosity.
    Well thats what my perception is..
    Someone told me that there is no difference between both oils in cities where the temperature is not below 0 degrees
    What do you think? I live in Lahore
    Should i go for 5w30 next time?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is anyone using the pre installed dvd player in their Vitz? NSDN w60 or whatever model? The one that comes with Japanese language installed?
    If anyone looking to get a usb option in it, let me know. It is possible and very easy to do. I just did mine and now all my songs are in a usb and i dont have to change dvds and using mobile to change and find the songs while playing through aux.
    Yar faisal bhai....i am looking for a dvd navigation or atleast dvd lcd to support rear camera for.my 2000 vitz....right nw I have OEM cd/cassete player installed...can I replace that whole panel woth.some.original fitting lcd

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Someone told me that there is no difference between both oils in cities where the temperature is not below 0 degrees

You can opt for 15-40w as i am using it in my Vitz 2009 odo now 88000Km. The ride is smooth and on highway i got 17km/l within the limits

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post

Thinner oils are not designed just for cold weathers.. its true that a 0w oil will start the car without any problem in minus temperature whereas 20w wont be able to do the same... but its other advantage is when the engine is cool in the morning, 5w would be thinner than 10w which means a thinner oil would flow through the engine more easily and quickly resulting in a less engine effort and less chances of friction inside the engine parts. I would recommend 05w30 as my experience with this oil is very satisfactory.
    Here is how i came to this oil..
    When i bought my vitz, it was extremely smooth and fast.. Kept driving it and was getting around 16kms/l in Lahore.
    Next week i went to Toyota Ravi and they poured 20w50 in it. When i was coming back to my house i was thinkin what the hell has happened to my car as it was running slow and i had to push hard on the accelerator. I thought it could be the bad fuel. Next morning it took a bit longer self start and was taking few jerks. Got the tank full of high octane but the result was same and the avg. was 11.6kms/l at the end of the tank.
    I was casually looking at the manual and saw 0w20 is the oil that Toyota recommends for best fuel economy. I was out of city and saw a Toyota lube shop and bought 10w30 petron plus from them and after that i felt a huge difference in acceleration and in the morning, car started with a half self without any jerks. Average was 18kms/l on Motorway.
    Came back to Lahore and emailed Toyota Germany and Toyota Japan and they suggested 0w20 or least 05w30. Opened Toyota indus website and they had 05w30 tin pack oil Made in Japan.
    After 3000kms i changed the oil to 05w30 along with genuine filter, throttle body serviced, air filters changed and cleaned the plugs. On the way back to home, car was like flying on the road and engine sound was like a brand new car.. Average calculated was 16kms/l in city and 19.5 on motorway with 5 persons on the board...
    Now i'm getting around 14.4-15kms/l in Lahore with ac on all the time. Whenever i get the reserve light on, i fill 1000rs high octane and then again at reserve light i get the tank filled with normal petrol from Zoom fuel station M.M Alam road. With that 7 litres high octane, average is 17.5kms/l.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1417898
    Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    Yar faisal bhai....i am looking for a dvd navigation or atleast dvd lcd to support rear camera for.my 2000 vitz....right nw I have OEM cd/cassete player installed...can I replace that whole panel woth.some.original fitting lcd

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    Where do you live? If in Lahore, go to Hall road and you will find everything that you need. I do not know much about Vitz 2000 as mine is 2010 but everything is available. If you see the picture, he has installed a dvd player in the same place. But as this car's interior is not designed to watch a dvd video as the place is too low. You can do one more thing though. The place between the centre air throwers can be used to install an audio pre alongwith an external lcd which you can install on the dashboard. Rockmars is a brand that sells an audio pre that supports external lcd and camera. I am going to Hall road tomorrow and i will ask the shopkeepers how can you get a rearview camera installed in your Vitz.

You can also buy a back view mirror which has integrated screen and video input cables. When you reverse the gear, you would be able to see the rearview camera video in it..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I visited Magic Motors yesterday for my eco sys fault ..... to my surprise their mechanics refused to accept that my vitz 2007 can have ECO system installed..... then came the owner Sheikh sahb came and he was also surprised to see it... then a guy who is working in some toyota workshop came and confirmed tat ECO system is installed in the car but the workshop was unable to do something about it.... so plz suggest any other gud workshop specifically for ECO system fault

Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I visited Magic Motors yesterday for my eco sys fault ..... to my surprise their mechanics refused to accept that my vitz 2007 can have ECO system installed..... then came the owner Sheikh sahb came and he was also surprised to see it... then a guy who is working in some toyota workshop came and confirmed tat ECO system is installed in the car but the workshop was unable to do something about it.... so plz suggest any other gud workshop specifically for ECO system fault

Very Sorry for the trouble... Do not know about any other workshop

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List