0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    I visited Magic Motors yesterday for my eco sys fault ..... to my surprise their mechanics refused to accept that my vitz 2007 can have ECO system installed..... then came the owner Sheikh sahb came and he was also surprised to see it... then a guy who is working in some toyota workshop came and confirmed tat ECO system is installed in the car but the workshop was unable to do something about it.... so plz suggest any other gud workshop specifically for ECO system fault

Sent from my GT-S7562 using PW Forums mobile app
    Try Sun Tech Automobiles International Workshop Opposite Kot Lakhpat Railway Station PECO Road, Its owner name is Awais Ur Rehman (0300-8441213), from the past 25 years my father visited them for any problem in his car and i was referred to them back in 2009 when i had my first maintainance due of my car. They will work something out as they are professionals who know their work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I visited Magic Motors yesterday for my eco sys fault ..... to my surprise their mechanics refused to accept that my vitz 2007 can have ECO system installed..... then came the owner Sheikh sahb came and he was also surprised to see it... then a guy who is working in some toyota workshop came and confirmed tat ECO system is installed in the car but the workshop was unable to do something about it.... so plz suggest any other gud workshop specifically for ECO system fault

check this. Might help you.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...-urgent-help-3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Someone told me that there is no difference between both oils in cities where the temperature is not below 0 degrees
    What do you think? I live in Lahore
    Should i go for 5w30 next time?

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    You can opt for 15-40w as i am using it in my Vitz 2009 odo now 88000Km. The ride is smooth and on highway i got 17km/l within the limits
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Thinner oils are not designed just for cold weathers.. its true that a 0w oil will start the car without any problem in minus temperature whereas 20w wont be able to do the same... but its other advantage is when the engine is cool in the morning, 5w would be thinner than 10w which means a thinner oil would flow through the engine more easily and quickly resulting in a less engine effort and less chances of friction inside the engine parts. I would recommend 05w30 as my experience with this oil is very satisfactory.
    Here is how i came to this oil..
    When i bought my vitz, it was extremely smooth and fast.. Kept driving it and was getting around 16kms/l in Lahore.
    Next week i went to Toyota Ravi and they poured 20w50 in it. When i was coming back to my house i was thinkin what the hell has happened to my car as it was running slow and i had to push hard on the accelerator. I thought it could be the bad fuel. Next morning it took a bit longer self start and was taking few jerks. Got the tank full of high octane but the result was same and the avg. was 11.6kms/l at the end of the tank.
    I was casually looking at the manual and saw 0w20 is the oil that Toyota recommends for best fuel economy. I was out of city and saw a Toyota lube shop and bought 10w30 petron plus from them and after that i felt a huge difference in acceleration and in the morning, car started with a half self without any jerks. Average was 18kms/l on Motorway.
    Came back to Lahore and emailed Toyota Germany and Toyota Japan and they suggested 0w20 or least 05w30. Opened Toyota indus website and they had 05w30 tin pack oil Made in Japan.
    After 3000kms i changed the oil to 05w30 along with genuine filter, throttle body serviced, air filters changed and cleaned the plugs. On the way back to home, car was like flying on the road and engine sound was like a brand new car.. Average calculated was 16kms/l in city and 19.5 on motorway with 5 persons on the board...
    Now i'm getting around 14.4-15kms/l in Lahore with ac on all the time. Whenever i get the reserve light on, i fill 1000rs high octane and then again at reserve light i get the tank filled with normal petrol from Zoom fuel station M.M Alam road. With that 7 litres high octane, average is 17.5kms/l.
    Faisal bhai thanks for sharing your experience. I ll definitely give a try to this Rs1000 high octane trick and will post the my experience.

As far as oil grade is concerned, i agree 5w30 is the most recommended oil for vitz. Few months ago, i also did some research on it and finally get 5w30 is the best for vitz. But as i m in Lahore, and here temperature rises to 45 C easily, and goes to 50 C in peak times. So my findings are, 45C outside + engine heat, rises the temperature to very high level easily. We need different grade oil for summers, so in winters i used 5w30 and for summers i opted 5w40. Believe me the difference is noticeable, after pouring 5w40 car is smooth and accelerate very easily with AC. Do try it.
    I m not using any High Octane right now, filling the whole tank only and only from Attock Pump located in liberty, their fuel quality is very high, perfect for JDM cars, i didn't feel any kind of knocking from their fuel. Give it a try as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Faisal bhai thanks for sharing your experience. I ll definitely give a try to this Rs1000 high octane trick and will post the my experience.

As far as oil grade is concerned, i agree 5w30 is the most recommended oil for vitz. Few months ago, i also did some research on it and finally get 5w30 is the best for vitz. But as i m in Lahore, and here temperature rises to 45 C easily, and goes to 50 C in peak times. So my findings are, 45C outside + engine heat, rises the temperature to very high level easily. We need different grade oil for summers, so in winters i used 5w30 and for summers i opted 5w40. Believe me the difference is noticeable, after pouring 5w40 car is smooth and accelerate very easily with AC. Do try it.
    I m not using any High Octane right now, filling the whole tank only and only from Attock Pump located in liberty, their fuel quality is very high, perfect for JDM cars, i didn't feel any kind of knocking from their fuel. Give it a try as well.
    As far as i know, the operating temperature remains normal for the engine if radiator is doing it job. But as your experience is good with 5w40 i can give it a try.. What brand is it that you are using?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as i know, the operating temperature remains normal for the engine if radiator is doing it job. But as your experience is good with 5w40 i can give it a try.. What brand is it that you are using?
    i used Total Quartz 9000 for 5w30, now on Caltex Havoline 5w40 (Golden Pack) with ALCO oil and air filters.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Totally agree with you on this one... The operating temp of the vehicle is 100 Degree Centigrade...
    I don't think temp exceeds from this limit if the radiator is working fine.
    Shifting from one oil to another frequently is not recommended by any one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx dear... I already saw this above mentioned thread in the morning and it worked..... I took my vitz to workshop and told the mechanic there to open that part and clean it.... after refixing it, I disconnected the -ve terminal of battery and now Eco system of my vitz is working.... further the pick of my car has also increased may be becoz the part mentioned was too dirty and the magnet portion was having layers of dust...
    Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx dear... I already saw this above mentioned thread in the morning and it worked..... I took my vitz to workshop and told the mechanic there to open that part and clean it.... after refixing it, I disconnected the -ve terminal of battery and now Eco system of my vitz is working.... further the pick of my car has also increased may be becoz the part mentioned was too dirty and the magnet portion was having layers of dust...
    Nice to hear that buddy
    Enjoy the ride

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How many kms does your car run in a full tank until reserve light? That Attock fuel station is company operated so no doubt in their quality.
    About the engine oils, if you talk about winters, both oils will perform same in winters as both are 5w. If you drive your car with 4/5 persons on board and driving aggressively in winter then its gonna get as hot as it does in summers with normal driving and vice versa..
    Meaning you dont have to shift again to 5w30 again in winters. Just keep using 5w40 if you are satisfied with the performance and fuel consumption. I wouldn't change the oil type unless it gives me more protection, more fuel economy and acceleration disregard of the temperature outside.
    I think the best oil in 5w40 category is Zic XQ 05w40. At every oil change i do consider getting it but i just dont.. Waiting for your reply regarding the fuel economy and i will go for it as 05w40 is supposed to be more protective then 05w30 for a car i.e driven more than 60 or 70k.
    And yes.. changing oils type frequently is a very bad idea.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How many kms does your car run in a full tank until reserve light? That Attock fuel station is company operated so no doubt in their quality.
    About the engine oils, if you talk about winters, both oils will perform same in winters as both are 5w. If you drive your car with 4/5 persons on board and driving aggressively in winter then its gonna get as hot as it does in summers with normal driving and vice versa..
    Meaning you dont have to shift again to 5w30 again in winters. Just keep using 5w40 if you are satisfied with the performance and fuel consumption. I wouldn't change the oil type unless it gives me more protection, more fuel economy and acceleration disregard of the temperature outside.
    I think the best oil in 5w40 category is Zic XQ 05w40. At every oil change i do consider getting it but i just dont.. Waiting for your reply regarding the fuel economy and i will go for it as 05w40 is supposed to be more protective then 05w30 for a car i.e driven more than 60 or 70k.
    i m getting 500km from full tank. yeah i m not shifting back to 5w30. Original ZIC is very difficult to find these days. So i opted Havoline.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You dont need to shift to 5w40 unless your ride's engine is consuming more oil(Engine oil khaa rha hy?)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m getting 500km from full tank. yeah i m not shifting back to 5w30. Original ZIC is very difficult to find these days. So i opted Havoline.
    bro can you quote me the price of total Quartz 9000 recently i am using Zic XQ 5w40 ..
    Knowledge is power guard it well !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    You dont need to shift to 5w40 unless your ride's engine is consuming more oil(Engine oil khaa rha hy?)
    I keep checking the oil level every week and i just checked it. The level is just a bit lower than the full mark though i have poured some more oil in it. It has been driven 4000kms on 5w30 toyota oil.
    If you are looking fir genuine zic oil them go to their website and order it online. They do home delivery.
    Going to filter house near my home as they have a good reputation of selling genuine oils.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Damnation6 View Post
    bro can you quote me the price of total Quartz 9000 recently i am using Zic XQ 5w40 ..
    Are you not satisfied with Zic xq??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Damnation6 View Post
    Total Quartz 9000 is 5w30 Rs 2190 for 3.25L.
    Caltex Havoline is 5w40 Rs 2900 for 4.0L

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have vitz 2001 model .. in which my SRS airbag light comes on and Flashing always ... any solution for this brothers ..

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1418926

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crossmaddy View Post
    i have vitz 2001 model .. in which my SRS airbag light comes on and Flashing always ... any solution for this brothers ..

Looks like your car met an accident and its airbags are deployed. You can get the bulb of this light removed to remove this light.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NO its 100% genuine car .. not accidented ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try getting it scanned and look for the issue, a broken strip clock spring can cause this too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear one of my friends had the same problem in his Corolla G.... the solution was tat tgere was some problem in the sensor due to a fault in the steering which activated the light.... if u r in lhr then there is a workshop in Chauburji for the electrical check up.... go to them and IA ur prob will b solved

Muhammad Ali Alvi

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List