0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1417898
    Where do you live? If in Lahore, go to Hall road and you will find everything that you need. I do not know much about Vitz 2000 as mine is 2010 but everything is available. If you see the picture, he has installed a dvd player in the same place. But as this car's interior is not designed to watch a dvd video as the place is too low. You can do one more thing though. The place between the centre air throwers can be used to install an audio pre alongwith an external lcd which you can install on the dashboard. Rockmars is a brand that sells an audio pre that supports external lcd and camera. I am going to Hall road tomorrow and i will ask the shopkeepers how can you get a rearview camera installed in your Vitz.

You can also buy a back view mirror which has integrated screen and video input cables. When you reverse the gear, you would be able to see the rearview camera video in it..
    Thank you so much faisal bhai. I would be waiting for ur reply. I live in islamabad. Faisal bhai as u r going to hall roaf, can u please check the below shown panel from there? If reasonably priced, can u buy it for.me?? I will pay the price including.shipment.

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    Thank you so much faisal bhai. I would be waiting for ur reply. I live in islamabad. Faisal bhai as u r going to hall roaf, can u please check the below shown panel from there? If reasonably priced, can u buy it for.me?? I will pay the price including.shipment.

I went to Hall road and showed the picture to several shops. All of them recommended to go to Bilal ganj as many vitz owners bring this panel from there to get the dvd player installed.
    Unfortunately i have never been there and don't kbow where to find it. However, i have asked one of my friend to look for this whenever he goes there next time. He visits that place every week.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    i m getting 500km from full tank. yeah i m not shifting back to 5w30. Original ZIC is very difficult to find these days. So i opted Havoline.
    Bro, i'm getting 630-660 per tank in my Vitz.
    I'm using kixx 5-40.
    Previously, i was using kixx 10-40 and the max i got was 570.
    As you have researched a lot, should i go for 0-40 for more Average as now im getting around 15-16 km/L.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashankhalid View Post
    Bro, i'm getting 630-660 per tank in my Vitz.
    I'm using kixx 5-40.
    Previously, i was using kixx 10-40 and the max i got was 570.
    As you have researched a lot, should i go for 0-40 for more Average as now im getting around 15-16 km/L.

amazing average, please continue with 5w40, no need of 0w40, 0 grade oils are basically for extreme cold regions like Sweden etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to Filter house today and asked the guy to check the engine oil condition if it needs to be changed. He checked and said you can drive it about 1500kms more without any problem as the oil cindition is very good. Its Toyota genuine oil tin pack 5w30 and i have driven it 5000kms in this hot summer with ac on.
    With last tank i got 14.86kms/litre.
    Average of ahsankhalid is really amazing. I'm gonna definitely try Kixx 5w40 next time.
    One more question... What does it mean when engine is consuming engine oil? Mean after 1 or 2k kms the oil level is a bit low? Does it mean the engine us weak or what? No smoke though.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to Filter house today and asked the guy to check the engine oil condition if it needs to be changed. He checked and said you can drive it about 1500kms more without any problem as the oil cindition is very good. Its Toyota genuine oil tin pack 5w30 and i have driven it 5000kms in this hot summer with ac on.
    With last tank i got 14.86kms/litre.
    Average of ahsankhalid is really amazing. I'm gonna definitely try Kixx 5w40 next time.
    One more question... What does it mean when engine is consuming engine oil? Mean after 1 or 2k kms the oil level is a bit low? Does it mean the engine us weak or what? No smoke though.
    Yup....if the engine is consuming oil upto quarter liter after every 2000kms den go for slightly thicker oil if 5w then go for 10w.
    If it doesn't help or consumption is.more than the above mentioned then ur piston rings are weak. Replace them immediately otherwise it will effect rest of the engine.
    One more thing u must do, this time when u go for oil change, flush the engine with liqui moly's engine.flush. They will drain the used oil, den put that one litre tin can of flush in engine and run the engine for ten minutes....n den drain that liquid. U will c the difference

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup....if the engine is consuming oil upto quarter liter after every 2000kms den go for slightly thicker oil if 5w then go for 10w.
    If it doesn't help or consumption is.more than the above mentioned then ur piston rings are weak. Replace them immediately otherwise it will effect rest of the engine.
    One more thing u must do, this time when u go for oil change, flush the engine with liqui moly's engine.flush. They will drain the used oil, den put that one litre tin can of flush in engine and run the engine for ten minutes....n den drain that liquid. U will c the difference

Thanks for your kind suggestions..
    About switching from 5w to 10w wont make a difference as they both will perform the same when engine is up and running. I think switching from 5w30 to 5w40 would be a good choice.. what u say?
    About the oil consumption,This oil has been driven around 5000kms and few days ago the oil level was dropped few milimeters from the full oil point. I poured about 0.3litres in it and it was normal again. Here is the question.. If the engine is in perfect condition and i use 5w30 oil and drive my car in this hot weather with ac on most of the time and i travel on the motorway with 5 persons on the board occasionally and in Lahore traffic, will the oil level drop after 5000kms or not?
    About the engine flushing, how much is that 1litre tin?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa all
    I need suggestion regarding engine oil of my vitz 2007....
    I bought it 2 weeks ago and it was giving me 16 kmpl on long route with AC on... 4 days ago i changed the engine oil and put Shell 5w30 in it... on the first day tge accelration seemd a bit heavy which became ok with passage of time especially after eco system prob was solved. But the average has gone down drastically, i came from lahore to my home town lodhran esterday and it gave me only 14 kmpl wid AC and 90-100 kmph. Within lhr cantt i m only getting hardly 10 kmpl. Plz suggest me which company oil i shud b using and wat grade along wid any other suggestion for better fuel average.... i m getting petrol frm PSO pump at Girja chowk

Sent from my GT-S7562 using PW Forums mobile app
    Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My vitz is 2007 model 2012 import wid 93000 km on odo....

Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    Aoa all
    I need suggestion regarding engine oil of my vitz 2007....
    I bought it 2 weeks ago and it was giving me 16 kmpl on long route with AC on... 4 days ago i changed the engine oil and put Shell 5w30 in it... on the first day tge accelration seemd a bit heavy which became ok with passage of time especially after eco system prob was solved. But the average has gone down drastically, i came from lahore to my home town lodhran esterday and it gave me only 14 kmpl wid AC and 90-100 kmph. Within lhr cantt i m only getting hardly 10 kmpl. Plz suggest me which company oil i shud b using and wat grade along wid any other suggestion for better fuel average.... i m getting petrol frm PSO pump at Girja chowk

Did you buy your car from someone you know or from a showroom?
    Most probably the previous owner was using 0w20 grade oil in it. Zic a+ maybe.. 0w20 gives best fuel economy but i would never recommend it in this hot weather.
    Try to get you tank filled from Zoom petrol pump MM Alam road. They have the best petrol in Lahore as i have tried all the famous ones.
    In 5w30 grade, Toyota genuine oil tin pack is the best you can buy. Its imported from Japan and is available at all Toyota workshops.
    Other factors affecting fuel average average..
    What is the tyre pressure?
    When was the last time you changed your air filter or replaced it?
    Did u ever get your throttle body cleaned?
    Ever used high octane?
    Ever got your o2 sensor checked?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you buy your car from someone you know or from a showroom?
    Most probably the previous owner was using 0w20 grade oil in it. Zic a+ maybe.. 0w20 gives best fuel economy but i would never recommend it in this hot weather.
    Try to get you tank filled from Zoom petrol pump MM Alam road. They have the best petrol in Lahore as i have tried all the famous ones.
    In 5w30 grade, Toyota genuine oil tin pack is the best you can buy. Its imported from Japan and is available at all Toyota workshops.
    Other factors affecting fuel average average..
    What is the tyre pressure?
    When was the last time you changed your air filter or replaced it?
    Did u ever get your throttle body cleaned?
    Ever used high octane?
    Ever got your o2 sensor checked?
    If its 93k on odo and must be meter was tempered so consider it 100k plus. Its a blunder to use 5w30 or 0w20 on such a mileage. 0w and 5w are for new cars or u can say best for below 50-70k driven vehicles, one thing. Secondly go for following minor tune ups:

Get ur spark plugs cleaned or if.necessary changed.

Get ur air filter blowed or if.chowked than.replace.

Get ur all sensors checked from toyota 3S.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your kind suggestions..
    About switching from 5w to 10w wont make a difference as they both will perform the same when engine is up and running. I think switching from 5w30 to 5w40 would be a good choice.. what u say?
    About the oil consumption,This oil has been driven around 5000kms and few days ago the oil level was dropped few milimeters from the full oil point. I poured about 0.3litres in it and it was normal again. Here is the question.. If the engine is in perfect condition and i use 5w30 oil and drive my car in this hot weather with ac on most of the time and i travel on the motorway with 5 persons on the board occasionally and in Lahore traffic, will the oil level drop after 5000kms or not?
    About the engine flushing, how much is that 1litre tin?
    Bro every grade oil becomes the same when the engine is up and running. Its all about the viscosity level or in simple words how much binding force an oil have. You can check it by placing a drop in between your thumb and fingur, and then seperate the thumb n fingure slowly. This way u will know how viscos an oil is. In.natural liquids, honey has the highest viscosity level.

5W, 10W, 20W....the.higher the grade, more viscous the oil is. And higher grade oils are recommended for older engines because they reduce knocking, friction and unnecessary engine noises....

Secondly faisal bro watever the weather conditions are, no matter how much load a car is carrying, no.matter how much power the engine.is generating, it has nothing to do with oil consumption. An engine should.nt consume oil. If this could be the reason.then public transport vehicles change oil every other week....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro every grade oil becomes the same when the engine is up and running. Its all about the viscosity level or in simple words how much binding force an oil have. You can check it by placing a drop in between your thumb and fingur, and then seperate the thumb n fingure slowly. This way u will know how viscos an oil is. In.natural liquids, honey has the highest viscosity level.

5W, 10W, 20W....the.higher the grade, more viscous the oil is. And higher grade oils are recommended for older engines because they reduce knocking, friction and unnecessary engine noises....

Secondly faisal bro watever the weather conditions are, no matter how much load a car is carrying, no.matter how much power the engine.is generating, it has nothing to do with oil consumption. An engine should.nt consume oil. If this could be the reason.then public transport vehicles change oil every other week....

1st.. Every oil does not become same when up and running. Different oils have different Viscosity index and they perform different when they are running at 100?c.
    2nd. 5w, 10w, 20w.. 20w is not considered higher grade than 5w when engine is running.
    5w30 is lower than 5w40 and 10w30 is lower than 5w40.
    3rd. 0w and 5w are not used in old cars.. 5w50 would be as good as 20w50 when the engine is hot and running but it would be better than 20w50 when you need to start your car in the cold morning.

A new engine can also consume the oil but it depends upon the design of the engine. If you drive your car at high rpms and engine is very hot, the oil becomes thinner and finds its way to the combustion chamber and burns... That can happen in a new engine as well..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I purchased vitz 2010 only 2 month ago unregistered.it was giving 15 milage after 2 month it came to 8 km average.i checked my vitz from toyota ravi they removed catconverter the average came to 11 but engine light is on.i again went to toyota ravi they changed plug .oil everything but engine light was stil there.what to do now suggest some mechanic in lahore for engine check light and how to achieve 15 km average I am using 10/40 w toyota oil.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default daihatsu mira

Hi use daihatsu mira it gives average of 8 km in 1 litre.
    I use havouline 20-50w for 3000 kms.
    What should we do to get more millage as the dealer said that it will give u 20 km in 1 litre.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazharshaban View Post
    I purchased vitz 2010 only 2 month ago unregistered.it was giving 15 milage after 2 month it came to 8 km average.i checked my vitz from toyota ravi they removed catconverter the average came to 11 but engine light is on.i again went to toyota ravi they changed plug .oil everything but engine light was stil there.what to do now suggest some mechanic in lahore for engine check light and how to achieve 15 km average I am using 10/40 w toyota oil.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    You made a big mistake by removing catalytic converter. They force everyone to remove CAT because they charge 3500 for it and then sell the precious metal that comes out of it to gain even more profit.
    The check light is possibly because of the sensors that check the pressure of exhaust system. Try Magic motors model town. Its on the main road near Goga naan chanay matket.
    There is no 10w40 Toyota oil. They have 20w50, 10w30, 10w30 tin, 5w30 tin.
    Next time you change the oil, ask for 5w30 engine oil that comes in a tin pack imported from Japan. That oil gives the best possible average.
    And 2 months ago, it was a bit cold and you were not turning on the a/c that much. This is also a factor.
    If you need more help feel free to call me on 03214215750

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mueez.abbasi View Post
    Hi use daihatsu mira it gives average of 8 km in 1 litre.
    I use havouline 20-50w for 3000 kms.
    What should we do to get more millage as the dealer said that it will give u 20 km in 1 litre.
    20w50 is tooooo thick for 660cc car. Use 0w20 for best possible average if engine condition is good. Otherwise 5w30 from Toyota 3s shops. It comes in a tin pack imported from Japan. Very good oil.
    0w20 Zic a+
    5w30 Toyota genuine oil tin pack.
    Total quartz 9000 5w30
    Caltex havoline 5w30
    Shell helix ultra 5w30
    They all are good for your car.
    If you open the bonet, there will be a sticker somewhere mentioning 5w30.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1st.. Every oil does not become same when up and running. Different oils have different Viscosity index and they perform different when they are running at 100?c.
    2nd. 5w, 10w, 20w.. 20w is not considered higher grade than 5w when engine is running.
    5w30 is lower than 5w40 and 10w30 is lower than 5w40.
    3rd. 0w and 5w are not used in old cars.. 5w50 would be as good as 20w50 when the engine is hot and running but it would be better than 20w50 when you need to start your car in the cold morning.

A new engine can also consume the oil but it depends upon the design of the engine. If you drive your car at high rpms and engine is very hot, the oil becomes thinner and finds its way to the combustion chamber and burns... That can happen in a new engine as well..
    I might be wrong on other things bt the last thing regarding engine oil consumption, I disagree....
    I agree the oil consumption occurs when the oil goes into combustion chamber but this only happens when your piston rings are weak and they allow the oil to seep from there....thats y if ur car is consuming oil then a first recommendation is to use more viscous oil so that it cannot pass through piston cylinders.
    A new engine cannott allow an oil to pass through piston cylinders into tje combustion.chamber no matter how high rpms are being used. Thats what I know a bit about mechanics

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry

I have vitz 2008 1.3
    I faced the same problem of fuel average... when i bought it the ride was giving almost 14 and now below 11...
    Visited Magic motors done the following things;
    1. Fuel Injectors checked and tested ultrasonically
    2. Throttle body services
    3. Spark plugs were installed new ones
    4. Petrol filter was services
    5. Tyre pressure was checked
    6. O2 sensor was checked
    7. Air filter was installed new
    8. Oil changed toyota 10w30
    10. Even filled half tank with High Octane.
    And the result is now the average is below 10...
    I had the same problem with my vitz 2006 1.3 in 2011, sold that one since had the same issue, even removed both the CATs you can find out this in my previous posts..
    What am i missing guys???
    Attached Images Attached Images     

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear aoa
    I have almost done all wats being advised
    1. Changed the plugs to Toyota genuine plugs from Magic Motors
    2. Got the O2 cleaned
    3. Replaced air filter a week ago at the time of o change
    4. Tyre pressure is 30
    5. Got all sensors checked frm Magic motors and throttle body cleaned
    Now plz suggest tat shud i continue wid 5w30 or change to 5w40 Kiix or 10w30 of toyota?

Muhammad Ali Alvi

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List