0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    Run it for a certain number of kms n then refill and let us know the average
    Got the tank filled this morning. 37.6 litres filled and 641 kms on the trip A. Best ever in summer i got with a/c on. Guess 5w40 did not disturb the fuel economy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Got the tank filled this morning. 37.6 litres filled and 641 kms on the trip A. Best ever in summer i got with a/c on. Guess 5w40 did not disturb the fuel economy.
    Thats very nice average man. One thing i like to mention here that FUEL of different brands effects the Millage, this is my personal experience. I tried all the fuels and noted the milage. From TOTAL, i got barely 450km, From Shell & Caltex 470Km, and from Attock 500Km easily. Now i ll try the Zoom, may be it gives me more.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also get the same mileage 16.5 to 17.5 km/l with my 1.3L vitz. I generally prefer shell stations. And yea with soft foot. With hard it decreases to 13-14 km/L.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On 26th you posted that you have done 212 kms and today morning you posted 671???
    Since you have not travelled out of city
    450+ kms in two days.
    You barely keep yourself away from the driving seat

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    On 26th you posted that you have done 212 kms and today morning you posted 671???
    Since you have not travelled out of city
    450+ kms in two days.
    You barely keep yourself away from the driving seat

Haha.. The thing is .. In the morning, my brother goes to DHA phase 5 from EME society and as his profession is construction so he keeps driving it all the day and when ge comes back its driven around 140-160kms. And then comes the family.. Not everyday but.. And at the end around 10pm, its my turn.. All my frnds live in Gulberg and you know.. Frnds.. Gulberg... MM Alam road.
    Few of many disadvatages of living 'out of city'.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to explain few thinhs here for all those who are concerned with knocking and fuel quality. The problem is not with petrol, the difference comes in when different pumps add different quantity of ethanol in their tanks or the distributors do.the same. Ethanol is a substitute for petrol which is quite cheap and distributors mix it in petrol, as the ethanol has very low octane value so it decreases octane value of petrol as well and ultimately knocking occurs.
    Now, normally people recommend hi-octane with normal petrol to avoid or minimize knocking and high octane acts an agent to bring back the octane level of petrol.
    So it is advised to use few liters of hi octane with normal petrol if u r experiencing knocking or look for some very very well reputed pump who don't do.any such milavat of ethanol

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It was done by Honda Canal Bank service centre. My friend knows a mechanic in there who cleans his Civic's catalytic for him.
    As Toyota guys don't clean it so i asked him if he can talk to him?? We went there and he asked us to get it removed from the nearby shop and bring it to me. We did as he said and he started the process within the workshop. All he did was soaking it in fairy solution and cleaning with carb cleaner and dried it with air.. Charged 3000 for that!!!!!!!!!!! 500 to other shop who removed and installed it back.
    I recommend you doing the same to save your hard earned money. Carb cleaner for 300rs and fairy cleaner for 250.. Fairy is used in UK to wash dishes and when i saw it, it reminded me my early days in London when i used fairy to wash dishes in a hotel.. :p It should be available at any good super store.. I saw it at Rainbow store on the canal bank road next to Thokar Niaz Baig.
    can u plz tell the workshop name from where u got the catalytic converter removed?
    Muhammad Ali Alvi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    I agree, they are good. The Uncle and his son are very good in dealing and shares good knowledge.
    Do you have any experience with them in vitz Brakes servicing ?
    I read somewhere that Toyota Airport Motors has latest equipment for Brakes Testing and Servicing , any info ?

I went to Toyota airport motors today for the brake service.
    When i went in the basement, there was their 'big boss' and he asked how satisfied you are with the work? I saud they have just started and lets see if they can solve the problem which 4 other shops haven't been able to solve. He asked me the problem background of the problem and where i have been before. I told him about the chun chun sound from the rear drums. He immediately called the best mechanics in the workshop and said i want his problem to be solved. They started working and put the drums in a machine. Took 30mins to get them ready and he cleaned and greased the pads etc. That machine treatment charges were 2000 and 800 for cleaning and greasing. We went for a test drive and first time i did not hear any sounds from the drums and it was just perfect.
    Then i told him that when i turn the car right at full radius, tyre touches the body. He drove the car and immediately understood the problem. He tightened a somewhere under the car and boy... It was perfect!!! Other mechanics said we will have to cut a metal from the body where it touches.. Then they tested the brakes, suspension and side slip on a machine and everything was perfect..
    We went to the reception where that big boss was sitting and as he knew i have been to other Toyota workshops and came all the way from EME society.. He made th cashier to charge us only 800rs!!! I was just stunned as i was expecting something around 4000.. Anyway, extremely satisfied from the work they done..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    can u plz tell the workshop name from where u got the catalytic converter removed?
    I did not remove it but got it cleaned. There was a sall workshop near Punjab school. He removed the converter and i took it to Honda canal bank. He cleaned it. I suggest you to go to any silencer wala and ask him to open it. Then you know the next procedure how to do it...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats very nice average man. One thing i like to mention here that FUEL of different brands effects the Millage, this is my personal experience. I tried all the fuels and noted the milage. From TOTAL, i got barely 450km, From Shell & Caltex 470Km, and from Attock 500Km easily. Now i ll try the Zoom, may be it gives me more.
    Did i mention anywhere that the last tank was filled from Attock liberty? Evidently not.. Well, i just thought to give it a try and see how it performs. To be honest, it felt very good. Better than Zoom or you can say its just like high octane. Lets see how much average it gives.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did i mention anywhere that the last tank was filled from Attock liberty? Evidently not.. Well, i just thought to give it a try and see how it performs. To be honest, it felt very good. Better than Zoom or you can say its just like high octane. Lets see how much average it gives.
    Exactly, from the last 5 months i m filling from Attock Liberty and very much satisfied from the Quality and Quantity .
    As @ask4faizi explained, i think they didn't mix any ethanol in the fuel, thats why i didn't felt any need of Hi-Octane.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to Toyota airport motors today for the brake service.
    When i went in the basement, there was their 'big boss' and he asked how satisfied you are with the work? I saud they have just started and lets see if they can solve the problem which 4 other shops haven't been able to solve. He asked me the problem background of the problem and where i have been before. I told him about the chun chun sound from the rear drums. He immediately called the best mechanics in the workshop and said i want his problem to be solved. They started working and put the drums in a machine. Took 30mins to get them ready and he cleaned and greased the pads etc. That machine treatment charges were 2000 and 800 for cleaning and greasing. We went for a test drive and first time i did not hear any sounds from the drums and it was just perfect.
    Then i told him that when i turn the car right at full radius, tyre touches the body. He drove the car and immediately understood the problem. He tightened a somewhere under the car and boy... It was perfect!!! Other mechanics said we will have to cut a metal from the body where it touches.. Then they tested the brakes, suspension and side slip on a machine and everything was perfect..
    We went to the reception where that big boss was sitting and as he knew i have been to other Toyota workshops and came all the way from EME society.. He made th cashier to charge us only 800rs!!! I was just stunned as i was expecting something around 4000.. Anyway, extremely satisfied from the work they done..
    Thanks for sharing your experience. It means i read true about Toyota Airport.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly, from the last 5 months i m filling from Attock Liberty and very much satisfied from the Quality and Quantity .
    As @ask4faizi explained, i think they didn't mix any ethanol in the fuel, thats why i didn't felt any need of Hi-Octane.
    Jazakallah Saad bhai. As per ur guidence I am also haunt that pump from last couple of months and completely satisfied with quality of fuel.
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    Jazakallah Saad bhai. As per ur guidence I am also haunt that pump from last couple of months and completely satisfied with quality of fuel.
    What is the exact location of that pump?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These fogs are custom.installed in my vitz, they have H3 bulbs in it....can h3 hids fit into these???

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    What is the exact location of that pump?

On the main liberty market road. Its on the left side when you are going towards Hussain chowk.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashankhalid View Post
    Bro, i'm getting 630-660 per tank in my Vitz.
    I'm using kixx 5-40.
    Previously, i was using kixx 10-40 and the max i got was 570.
    As you have researched a lot, should i go for 0-40 for more Average as now im getting around 15-16 km/L.
    Other stuff which i have installed in my car, which possibly have great effect in Average;
    - Auto Lite Iridium spark plugs
    - K & N Air Filter

And for fuel, i recommend Total near Skans, barket market.
    Before that i use to go to Shell at Model town Morr but after opting Total there'z an increase in avg. & the vibration issue is also gone-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashankhalid View Post
    Other stuff which i have installed in my car, which possibly have great effect in Average;
    - Auto Lite Iridium spark plugs
    - K & N Air Filter

And for fuel, i recommend Total near Skans, barker market.
    Before that i use to go to Shell at Model town Morr but after opting Total there'z an increase in avg. & the vibration issue is also gone-
    I have heard that K&N filter does improve the average but they don't filter the air as good as the stock does. Is this the dark red colour filter? Which is supposed to work lifetime if you do clean it with the spray?
    Auto lite iridium plugs? Vitz already has iridium plugs.. Isn't it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1423710Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1423712Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1423713 hi guys...i want to sale my vitz 99-2001, bumpers both front and back with genuine front extension...Moreover front bumper is modified with Stanley Fog lights...selling all that bcz i have got RS bumpers...anyone interested please call me at 03219696142...Im Shoaib from Islamabad...Dmand is 10000. Regards!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have heard that K&N filter does improve the average but they don't filter the air as good as the stock does. Is this the dark red colour filter? Which is supposed to work lifetime if you do clean it with the spray?
    Auto lite iridium plugs? Vitz already has iridium plugs.. Isn't it?
    Bro, as i have researched,
    K&N are made for high flow which surely increase the pick and some how avg.
    They give 1 Million Miles Guarantee.
    & yes, vitz comes with iridium plugs but it should be replaced once in a year.
    There are many Chinese copy of denso in market thts why i opt autolite.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List