Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 443 of 604 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 12080
Like Tree1572Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    obz3ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

  2. #8841
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    Run it for a certain number of kms n then refill and let us know the average
    Got the tank filled this morning. 37.6 litres filled and 641 kms on the trip A. Best ever in summer i got with a/c on. Guess 5w40 did not disturb the fuel economy.

  3. #8842
    PakWheeler Follow
    mastspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Got the tank filled this morning. 37.6 litres filled and 641 kms on the trip A. Best ever in summer i got with a/c on. Guess 5w40 did not disturb the fuel economy.
    Thats very nice average man. One thing i like to mention here that FUEL of different brands effects the Millage, this is my personal experience. I tried all the fuels and noted the milage. From TOTAL, i got barely 450km, From Shell & Caltex 470Km, and from Attock 500Km easily. Now i ll try the Zoom, may be it gives me more.

  4. #8843
    PakWheeler Follow
    arehman5962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    28
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Got the tank filled this morning. 37.6 litres filled and 641 kms on the trip A. Best ever in summer i got with a/c on. Guess 5w40 did not disturb the fuel economy.
    I also get the same mileage 16.5 to 17.5 km/l with my 1.3L vitz. I generally prefer shell stations. And yea with soft foot. With hard it decreases to 13-14 km/L.

  5. #8844
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Got the tank filled this morning. 37.6 litres filled and 641 kms on the trip A. Best ever in summer i got with a/c on. Guess 5w40 did not disturb the fuel economy.
    On 26th you posted that you have done 212 kms and today morning you posted 671???
    Since you have not travelled out of city
    450+ kms in two days.
    You barely keep yourself away from the driving seat

    Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #8845
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    On 26th you posted that you have done 212 kms and today morning you posted 671???
    Since you have not travelled out of city
    450+ kms in two days.
    You barely keep yourself away from the driving seat

    Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app
    Haha.. The thing is .. In the morning, my brother goes to DHA phase 5 from EME society and as his profession is construction so he keeps driving it all the day and when ge comes back its driven around 140-160kms. And then comes the family.. Not everyday but.. And at the end around 10pm, its my turn.. All my frnds live in Gulberg and you know.. Frnds.. Gulberg... MM Alam road.
    Few of many disadvatages of living 'out of city'.

  7. #8846
    PakWheeler Follow
    ask4faizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I would like to explain few thinhs here for all those who are concerned with knocking and fuel quality. The problem is not with petrol, the difference comes in when different pumps add different quantity of ethanol in their tanks or the distributors do.the same. Ethanol is a substitute for petrol which is quite cheap and distributors mix it in petrol, as the ethanol has very low octane value so it decreases octane value of petrol as well and ultimately knocking occurs.
    Now, normally people recommend hi-octane with normal petrol to avoid or minimize knocking and high octane acts an agent to bring back the octane level of petrol.
    So it is advised to use few liters of hi octane with normal petrol if u r experiencing knocking or look for some very very well reputed pump who don't do.any such milavat of ethanol

    Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8847
    PakWheeler Follow
    friend82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    34
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    It was done by Honda Canal Bank service centre. My friend knows a mechanic in there who cleans his Civic's catalytic for him.
    As Toyota guys don't clean it so i asked him if he can talk to him?? We went there and he asked us to get it removed from the nearby shop and bring it to me. We did as he said and he started the process within the workshop. All he did was soaking it in fairy solution and cleaning with carb cleaner and dried it with air.. Charged 3000 for that!!!!!!!!!!! 500 to other shop who removed and installed it back.
    I recommend you doing the same to save your hard earned money. Carb cleaner for 300rs and fairy cleaner for 250.. Fairy is used in UK to wash dishes and when i saw it, it reminded me my early days in London when i used fairy to wash dishes in a hotel.. :p It should be available at any good super store.. I saw it at Rainbow store on the canal bank road next to Thokar Niaz Baig.
    can u plz tell the workshop name from where u got the catalytic converter removed?
    Muhammad Ali Alvi

  9. #8848
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    I agree, they are good. The Uncle and his son are very good in dealing and shares good knowledge.
    Do you have any experience with them in vitz Brakes servicing ?
    I read somewhere that Toyota Airport Motors has latest equipment for Brakes Testing and Servicing , any info ?


    I went to Toyota airport motors today for the brake service.
    When i went in the basement, there was their 'big boss' and he asked how satisfied you are with the work? I saud they have just started and lets see if they can solve the problem which 4 other shops haven't been able to solve. He asked me the problem background of the problem and where i have been before. I told him about the chun chun sound from the rear drums. He immediately called the best mechanics in the workshop and said i want his problem to be solved. They started working and put the drums in a machine. Took 30mins to get them ready and he cleaned and greased the pads etc. That machine treatment charges were 2000 and 800 for cleaning and greasing. We went for a test drive and first time i did not hear any sounds from the drums and it was just perfect.
    Then i told him that when i turn the car right at full radius, tyre touches the body. He drove the car and immediately understood the problem. He tightened a somewhere under the car and boy... It was perfect!!! Other mechanics said we will have to cut a metal from the body where it touches.. Then they tested the brakes, suspension and side slip on a machine and everything was perfect..
    We went to the reception where that big boss was sitting and as he knew i have been to other Toyota workshops and came all the way from EME society.. He made th cashier to charge us only 800rs!!! I was just stunned as i was expecting something around 4000.. Anyway, extremely satisfied from the work they done..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #8849
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by friend82 View Post
    can u plz tell the workshop name from where u got the catalytic converter removed?
    I did not remove it but got it cleaned. There was a sall workshop near Punjab school. He removed the converter and i took it to Honda canal bank. He cleaned it. I suggest you to go to any silencer wala and ask him to open it. Then you know the next procedure how to do it...

  11. #8850
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Thats very nice average man. One thing i like to mention here that FUEL of different brands effects the Millage, this is my personal experience. I tried all the fuels and noted the milage. From TOTAL, i got barely 450km, From Shell & Caltex 470Km, and from Attock 500Km easily. Now i ll try the Zoom, may be it gives me more.
    Did i mention anywhere that the last tank was filled from Attock liberty? Evidently not.. Well, i just thought to give it a try and see how it performs. To be honest, it felt very good. Better than Zoom or you can say its just like high octane. Lets see how much average it gives.

  12. #8851
    PakWheeler Follow
    mastspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Did i mention anywhere that the last tank was filled from Attock liberty? Evidently not.. Well, i just thought to give it a try and see how it performs. To be honest, it felt very good. Better than Zoom or you can say its just like high octane. Lets see how much average it gives.
    Exactly, from the last 5 months i m filling from Attock Liberty and very much satisfied from the Quality and Quantity .
    As @ask4faizi explained, i think they didn't mix any ethanol in the fuel, thats why i didn't felt any need of Hi-Octane.

  13. #8852
    PakWheeler Follow
    mastspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    I went to Toyota airport motors today for the brake service.
    When i went in the basement, there was their 'big boss' and he asked how satisfied you are with the work? I saud they have just started and lets see if they can solve the problem which 4 other shops haven't been able to solve. He asked me the problem background of the problem and where i have been before. I told him about the chun chun sound from the rear drums. He immediately called the best mechanics in the workshop and said i want his problem to be solved. They started working and put the drums in a machine. Took 30mins to get them ready and he cleaned and greased the pads etc. That machine treatment charges were 2000 and 800 for cleaning and greasing. We went for a test drive and first time i did not hear any sounds from the drums and it was just perfect.
    Then i told him that when i turn the car right at full radius, tyre touches the body. He drove the car and immediately understood the problem. He tightened a somewhere under the car and boy... It was perfect!!! Other mechanics said we will have to cut a metal from the body where it touches.. Then they tested the brakes, suspension and side slip on a machine and everything was perfect..
    We went to the reception where that big boss was sitting and as he knew i have been to other Toyota workshops and came all the way from EME society.. He made th cashier to charge us only 800rs!!! I was just stunned as i was expecting something around 4000.. Anyway, extremely satisfied from the work they done..
    Thanks for sharing your experience. It means i read true about Toyota Airport.

  14. #8853
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Exactly, from the last 5 months i m filling from Attock Liberty and very much satisfied from the Quality and Quantity .
    As @ask4faizi explained, i think they didn't mix any ethanol in the fuel, thats why i didn't felt any need of Hi-Octane.
    Jazakallah Saad bhai. As per ur guidence I am also haunt that pump from last couple of months and completely satisfied with quality of fuel.
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

  15. #8854
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    Jazakallah Saad bhai. As per ur guidence I am also haunt that pump from last couple of months and completely satisfied with quality of fuel.
    What is the exact location of that pump?

    Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #8855
    PakWheeler Follow
    ask4faizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    These fogs are custom.installed in my vitz, they have H3 bulbs in it....can h3 hids fit into these???

    Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  17. #8856
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    What is the exact location of that pump?

    Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app
    On the main liberty market road. Its on the left side when you are going towards Hussain chowk.

  18. #8857
    PakWheeler Follow
    ashankhalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pir mahal
    Age
    25
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ashankhalid View Post
    Bro, i'm getting 630-660 per tank in my Vitz.
    I'm using kixx 5-40.
    Previously, i was using kixx 10-40 and the max i got was 570.
    As you have researched a lot, should i go for 0-40 for more Average as now im getting around 15-16 km/L.
    Other stuff which i have installed in my car, which possibly have great effect in Average;
    - Auto Lite Iridium spark plugs
    - K & N Air Filter

    And for fuel, i recommend Total near Skans, barket market.
    Before that i use to go to Shell at Model town Morr but after opting Total there'z an increase in avg. & the vibration issue is also gone-

  19. #8858
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashankhalid View Post
    Other stuff which i have installed in my car, which possibly have great effect in Average;
    - Auto Lite Iridium spark plugs
    - K & N Air Filter

    And for fuel, i recommend Total near Skans, barker market.
    Before that i use to go to Shell at Model town Morr but after opting Total there'z an increase in avg. & the vibration issue is also gone-
    I have heard that K&N filter does improve the average but they don't filter the air as good as the stock does. Is this the dark red colour filter? Which is supposed to work lifetime if you do clean it with the spray?
    Auto lite iridium plugs? Vitz already has iridium plugs.. Isn't it?

  20. #8859
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaib1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1423710Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1423712Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1423713 hi guys...i want to sale my vitz 99-2001, bumpers both front and back with genuine front extension...Moreover front bumper is modified with Stanley Fog lights...selling all that bcz i have got RS bumpers...anyone interested please call me at 03219696142...Im Shoaib from Islamabad...Dmand is 10000. Regards!!

  21. #8860
    PakWheeler Follow
    ashankhalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pir mahal
    Age
    25
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    I have heard that K&N filter does improve the average but they don't filter the air as good as the stock does. Is this the dark red colour filter? Which is supposed to work lifetime if you do clean it with the spray?
    Auto lite iridium plugs? Vitz already has iridium plugs.. Isn't it?
    Bro, as i have researched,
    K&N are made for high flow which surely increase the pick and some how avg.
    They give 1 Million Miles Guarantee.
    & yes, vitz comes with iridium plugs but it should be replaced once in a year.
    There are many Chinese copy of denso in market thts why i opt autolite.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •